Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) (33630 Views)

Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by analice107: 1:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
Rilwayne001:

O yes, Islam is light while Christianity is darkness. Spot on cheesy
Rilayne001, You know why you laughing right? Deep down within you, you the truth. There's no point wasting words on you. You know allah is darkness, switch on your TV.

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by NwaAmaikpe: 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
analice107:

Sir, let me give you a little of Pre-Islamic history and since you want to further research on this, this is where to begin when connecting the dots between Islam and Catholicism.

An Arabic Convert to Catholicism tortured or inspired Muhammad into prophethood. Let me explain.

A young man called Muhammed Bin Abdullah, (Prophet Muhammed to Muslims) had met, worked and married his much older wife Kadijat.

There's something to note here. Muhammad's progenitors had worshipped and served Allah who was a moon god, as Chief priests belong before he was born. it was in their bloodline to carry on as Chief priests to allah. Here is where you take note that allah has been worshipped as one of the pagan gods long before Muhammed was born.

Now, Muhammad's father who shd have prepared muhammed for the preisthood to allah had died leaving him a child, an uncle raised him but also died. At this point, he became an urchin. an areaboy, stealing and robbing people, then he met and became a worker for Kadijat whom he later married.

Once upon a time, an entity accosted Muhammed and forcefully demanded him to do a recitation, but of course, you don't expect Muhammed to recite what he didn't know, so he didn't. Three times, the being pinned him to ground torturing him to the point of suffocation. To the onlookers, Muhammed was possessed with demons. Whenever this being comes, Muhammad goes into epileptic seizures.

Muhammed believed he was possessed by demons(Jinns, in islam) Once, he tried to kill himself by throwing himself down a cliff, but he was saved by his wife kadijat.

He had to confide in Kadijat his wife, who was a Catholic convert. Kadijat also believed it was demonic possession so took him to her Uncle, who doubled as a soothsayer and a Catholic convert.

Now, when Kadijat had explained to her uncle the soothsayer named Waraqa Bin Nawal, being a Catholic who happened to be the first man who had translated the New Testament Bible to the Arabic Language, told Muhammad that in the Jewish and Christian religions, God talks to people through prophets and he sends his Angels to deliver messages. And he suspects that God was trying to speak to him through an Angel. It was Waraqa who fist mentioned Angel Gabriel to Muhammed. The being who kept coming to Mohammed never introduced himself to muhammed.

Muhammed believed it was Jehovah who was sending his angel Gabriel to give him messages. Only, he didn't know that the demons his fathers had worshipped were trying to call him to ministry, the ministry of idol worship to allah.

And, Waraqa missed one point, he forgot to tell Muhammed that, if Angel Gabriel comes, he doesn't inflict fear or pain to those he talks to, but calms down them down. Well, he also forgot to tell him that the Angel and does not make any physical contact of body touching. And, Angel Gabriel usually introduces himself wen he comes with a message.

This was the Origin of Islam and the prophethood of muhammed.

Waraqa tutored Muhammed in the doctrines of the Catholic Church and again, Allah, must be worshipped so, henceforth, anytime the Angel came muhmammed responded to what the jinn wanted.

Catholicism is full of recitations so also Islam.

See the connection @Op?

Thanks Analice017
This is enlightening.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2017
malvisguy212:
if I may ask, what is work in this context ? I mean, can good work in this context earn you salvation ?

Bros, do you understand that I just quoted scripture? James actually What you should rather ask yourself is: "according to James, Can a dead faith earn you salvation?"

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works James 2:18

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by ijomaSN(f): 2:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Why is this not on the front-page

Lalasticlala and mynd44
Please do the needful.

I was a Catholic but now a Pentecostal.
I never knew this similarities or even bothered to know.
This type of researches that are eye-openers should be encouraged

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by malvisguy212: 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2017
Syncan:

Bros, do you understand that I just quoted scripture? What you should rather ask yourself is: "according to James, Can a dead faith earn you salvation?"
alright, what is James understanding of work in this context ? James audience is the save, James is telling the save that their faith is dead without work, work in this context is the evidence of a saving faith, this is the kind of work that will NOT earn you salvation, this work only prove you are a true Christian.

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by analice107: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Thanks Analice017
This is enlightening.
UWC sir.

Now, am ready for the stones both from Catholics and Muslims, but the history is true.

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 2:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
malvisguy212:
alright, what is James understanding of work in this context ? James audience is the save, James is telling the save that their faith is dead without work, work in this context is the evidence of a saving faith, this is the kind of work that will NOT earn you salvation, this work only prove you are a true Christian.

The question you've avoided to answer is: those audience James was talking to who say they have faith, but which is called "dead faith" according to James, do they earn salvation too?

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. James 2:19

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Mightymanna(m): 3:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
zionmade:

That makes us on the same page concerning the post. So my dear we dont worship the same God.
yes we don't,islam is based on pure monoatheism while christianity is blatant polytheism with three gods in in one package.

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Rilwayne001: 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
[s]
analice107:

Rilayne001, You know why you laughing right? Deep down within you, you the truth. There's no point wasting words on you. You know allah is darkness, switch on your TV.
[/s]

Of course I don't expect you to accept the fact that Christianity is darkness in the first place hence the reason why I was laughing while making the claim. You can continue watching your Oledepo tongue
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by zionmade(m): 3:30pm On Jul 09, 2017
Mightymanna:

yes we don't,islam is based on pure monoatheism while christianity is blatant polytheism with three gods in in one package.
Yes na are we fighting about it. We don't worship the same God period. Or do u want me to add that Christianity is not built on the foundation of wars, murder, rape, paedophilism and terrorism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by amanda2013(f): 4:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
People are funny. The way some people here carry religion for head like gala makes me wao! No tolerance at all. I keep saying it that given equal opportunities, some christians will do more than what boko haram are doing in the name of religion. Learn to respect other peoples belief and the world will be a better place for us.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Dnaz(m): 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Thank you for that,

I also forgot to say this;
One thing explains the extreme fanatism and supposed tendency to violence of both the Catholics and the Muslims
When matters bordering on their faith or religious tenets are discussed.

The Catholics fought a lot in the Crusades.
The Muslims fought a lot in Jihads.

Its even because of the Crusades that Europe remained Christian. If not for the Europeans we ll all have been islamized

4 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Dnaz(m): 4:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
[quote author=ijomaSN post=58281557]Why is this not on the front-page

Lalasticlala and mynd44
Please do the needful.

I was a Catholic but now a Pentecostal.
I never knew this similarities or even bothered to know.
This type of researches that are eye-openers should be encouraged

What is eye opening about the fact that Islam plagiarized christainity

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Didov1(f): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
amanda2013:
People are funny. The way some people here carry religion for head like gala makes me wao! No tolerance at all. I keep saying it that given equal opportunities, some christians will do more than what boko haram are doing in the name of religion. Learn to respect other peoples belief and the world will be a better place for us.
..exactly..their matter tire me,.they r d ones dat know d true church of christ n dat of devil,churches that leads 2 hell or heaven,.they wil b d one insultin oda churches n christians n if a muslim or athiest uses what they say 2 insult them,they will b claiming d victims...no tolerance at all..

6 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Humanistme: 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
Didov1:
..exactly..their matter tire me,.they r d ones dat know d true church of christ n dat of devil,churches that leads 2 hell or heaven,.they wil b d one insultin oda churches n christians n if a muslim or athiest uses what they say 2 insult them,they will b claiming d victims...no tolerance at all..

Analice107 this comment describes your attitude in this religion section perfectly.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by amanda2013(f): 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
Didov1:
my sister fear such people because they can do and undo in the name of religion yet they will be at the fore front point accusing finger at muslims.

8 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by analice107: 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2017
Humanistme:

Analice107 this comment describes your attitude in this religion section perfectly.
Wow, this kid is into me. Blackfire come and see o, this boy want miss up with the people the matters.

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Humanistme: 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
analice107:

Wow, this kid is into me. Blackfire come and see o, this boy want miss up with the people the matters.

hypocritical analice. nobody is into an extremist Christian.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Didov1(f): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2017
amanda2013:
my sister fear such people because they can do and undo in the name of religion yet they will be at the fore front point accusing finger at muslims.
.....exactly dear....as far as those christians dey r accusin r nt bringing dem discomfort in any aspect of their life ,they jst av 2 let them be,.....we jst av 2 do our part as a true followers of christ n leave d rest 4 God.....

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by iKnowevents(m): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2017
lepasharon:
There is another one you forgot,

they both have the book of Mary

and they both believe works rather than faith can get you salvation

It is always amazing when people spew ignorance as knowledge.

Op how does those your assertion serve as an academic work? Which kind school accepts a thesis that is solely based on, "I think". No logical proof, no facts to be disputed. Seems your thesis is based on creative writing.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Obainoneandonly(m): 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2017
darkness and light have nothing in common.xtain is d light,for we know the truth and it has set us free

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Blackfire(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Thanks Analice017
This is enlightening.

Annalice u are the only one that have seen that makes that guy to talk without dramatic funny comments that leaves you confused.

4 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by analice107: 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2017
Mightymanna:

Wait, what??, What do you call a gos which had three daughters?

Who is Al Alat?
Al Manat.

Al Uzzar?

Is Al not a suffice for god in Arabic Language?

Islam with Al- Allah and his three daughters.

Get out of here now.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by analice107: 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2017
Blackfire:

You are the only one that I have seen that makes that guy to talk without dramatic funny comments that leaves you confused.
Which guy? The public toilet mouth?
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Blackfire(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
analice107:

Let's see as things unfold... We will soon see his true colours..

*sips water *
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Blackfire(m): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2017
analice107:

Which guy? The public toilet mouth?

Hia anna ogini... Public toilet kwa?
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by analice107: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2017
Blackfire:

Hia anna ogini... Public toilet kwa?
But you know how the public toilet oozes without restrain right?
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by GuntersChain(m): 10:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
before you say jack, they will present religion to you as if the corruption, looting and bad governance are ochestrated by spirits and not humans.

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:26pm On Jul 09, 2017
zionmade:

Mr man nobody is a kid here. Everybody reading this knows exactly Wat am talking about. or do u want me to break it down to u like a kid. The allah Muslim's worship is not my God
since you are not a kid, can you clearly tell me why Allah isn't same as God?

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:33pm On Jul 09, 2017
Suspect33:
i was once a catholic brother, i can boldly say anyone who follow the catholic doctrine, worship idols, pray to queen of heaven and saints is in danger of missing heaven.. Deuteronomy 5:8-9 condemns catholism.... Before the blows out into full arguement, ask God to reveal the truth of catholic to you, we are on a journey and here to help ourselves, may God open your eyes
hope you know you didn't address my post you just ended up making more unsubstantiated claims.

Are you a aware Christianity didn't begin with protestantism?
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Thank you for that,

I also forgot to say this;
One thing explains the extreme fanatism and supposed tendency to violence of both the Catholics and the Muslims
When matters bordering on their faith or religious tenets are discussed.

The Catholics fought a lot in the Crusades.
The Muslims fought a lot in Jihads.

It is surprising you claim Catholics have a suppose tendency for violence, that must be both a fallacy of generalization added to prejudice and bars.... That becomes even more glaring when people check the churches in Nigeria advocating violence and the ones that are reconcilatory in their tone .

It is weird to me personally because I as a Catholic here on nairaland have been a victim of silly abuse by protestants and I have taken them in strides... So where is the violence coming from?? Is it your imagination or is your own bias showing?

I wonder if you won't be in a Muslim caliphate now if not for the crusades you seem quick to condemn.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement / Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.