Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) (33687 Views)

Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 11:11pm On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
Is Christianity and Islam really related?

I am working on a thesis which I hope will be syndicated by some global newspapers in which I will highlight the similarities between Christians/Catholics and Muslims.

Let me just name a few here

-Both dress alike;
The priests' cassock and the mallam's jellabia, the reverend sister's veil and the female Muslim's hijab.

-Both pray with a chaplet:

-Both intermittently squat/kneel/bow during prayers.

-Both are very resolved in their beliefs and almost fanatical with it:
It's almost impossible to convince them to drop their doctrine and reconsider yours. They go all lengths to defend their beliefs.

-Both have a lenghty fast at a specific period:

The Catholics have the Lenten period where they fast for 40-46 days and are supposedly holy till after the fast when they return to status quo, this fast culminates into Easter; same as the Muslims who fast for 30days in the month of Ramadan and just like the Catholics observe an abstenance from iniquity and some type of meat, this fast as well culminates into the Eid el Fitri

Both could get very irate and potentially dangerous if you question the tenets of their doctrine.

Kindly join in on this discussion on if the two religions are related.

Please note that this discussion is not intended to infuriate anyone; rather an intellectual discourse that could further strengthen religious tolerance and bring better understanding to the origin of some of what we believe in.

Seun
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Ijebabe
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Fynestboi
Naptu2
Ishilove
Spacetacular
I just wonder if you really met a Catholic who became potentially dangerous when you challenge his faith or if you made that part up?

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Suspect33(m): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ubenedictus:
hope you know you didn't address my post you just ended up making more unsubstantiated claims.

Are you a aware Christianity didn't begin with protestantism?
Christianity began with the early church, not catholic church

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
Suspect33:
Christianity began with the early church, not catholic church
and the early church was Protestant right?

I ask because I am happy to tell you that the early church was Catholic.

8 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by impossible27(m): 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2017
Suspect33:
catholism is not of God and catholics are in danger of going to hell, their doctrines are wrong and in disobedience to God
lol. really? let me assume you don't know who the first Christians are and who gave u that bible your pastor is reading.. smh
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by impossible27(m): 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2017
Syncan:
It is a no brainier really. Every religion established by a person often keeps vestiges of the one from which this founder emanates. Christianity came from Judaism, so the earliest Christian Church, the Catholic church, keeps vestiges of Judaism. That's visible for example in their Priests and bishops dressings compared to the synagogue priests of Judaism, use of Incense in their worship, even in the Bible compiled by them you find common books used by both religion etc. Same way, Islam arose at a time when the Catholic Church was the only Christian church on ground. Vestiges of her practices and faith will naturally be deposed in Islam. As the times get wider and the religion is influenced by other factors such as modernism, breakaway factions-also depending on why they left- may look less and less like the earlier ones.

on point.

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by impossible27(m): 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
An2elect2:
And finally they are both false religions...

They both reject Jesus as the mediator between God and man.

While one would rather have Mohammed, they other cannot stand Jesus alone.

Jesus is a God according to the Trinity. maybe you need to read your bible more if u are a Christian not these wish wash Christian
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by impossible27(m): 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Thank you for that,

I also forgot to say this;
One thing explains the extreme fanatism and supposed tendency to violence of both the Catholics and the Muslims
When matters bordering on their faith or religious tenets are discussed.

The Catholics fought a lot in the Crusades.
The Muslims fought a lot in Jihads.

Catholic are not violent. those crusaders are defending christians and christianity against Islam who are causing trouble here and there. you should be thankful to the crusaders because without them your ancestors and u could have already convert to islam by now. pls let get our fact well.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by impossible27(m): 12:06am On Jul 10, 2017
Suspect33:
i was once a catholic brother, i can boldly say anyone who follow the catholic doctrine, worship idols, pray to queen of heaven and saints is in danger of missing heaven.. Deuteronomy 5:8-9 condemns catholism.... Before the blows out into full arguement, ask God to reveal the truth of catholic to you, we are on a journey and here to help ourselves, may God open your eyes
@bolded. you are not a Catholic, because if u are you will know Catholic don't do that. Are u sure u are a Christian? because I dought
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Suspect33(m): 12:17am On Jul 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
and the early church was Protestant right?

I ask because I am happy to tell you that the early church was Catholic.
hahahaha, so the early church prayed to mary and bow to idols, so funny, let me refer you to the book of acts, go and read how the early church started, no mention of catholism, dont believe lies

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Suspect33(m): 12:19am On Jul 10, 2017
impossible27:

lol. really? let me assume you don't know who the first Christians are and who gave u that bible your pastor is reading.. smh
catholic church wrote the bible??.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, who told you such lie, bro did you believe this?? Oh God, hahahahahahahahaha, God have mercy
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by impossible27(m): 12:23am On Jul 10, 2017
Suspect33:
catholic church wrote the bible??.... hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, who told you such lie, bro did you believe this?? Oh God, hahahahahahahahaha, God have mercy
So it was your pastor who assembled the bible tell me how he did it?

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Suspect33(m): 12:30am On Jul 10, 2017
impossible27:

So it was your pastor who assembled the bible tell me how he did it?
grin grin, i never said my pastor assembled the bible, but you said catholics did, anyway grin grin grin grin
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by impossible27(m): 1:08am On Jul 10, 2017
Op I can see how your bigot stinks. yes if Catholic are similar to Islam as u stated, so what? what your business if they worship how Islam is worshiping? is it your faith? but u will enjoy causing e war here. you don't know it a sin causing hatred everywhere instead of preaching love. may God forgive u.

And other who called themselves the "modern Christians" are even supporting, many of them did not even know the origin of their religion to the extent of OP saying Catholic are violent as Islam in their crusades, forgetting the fact that the crusaders are the ones that defended Christianity, if not for them OP and these mofos could have been smashing their head on the ground five times a day. and another one quoting me that it not the Catholic that assembled the bible, maybe it was daddy adeboye and oyedekpo that assembled it..

so pls pls and pls. we should desist. from this religious bigot. the way I worship Jesus most not be the same way you worship yours. I am a Catholic and a Christian because I believe in Jesus Christ like any other Catholics and I know my faith. and it not a must it will be the same with yours.

Pls the Muslims should disregard the Op. The only similarities between Christianity, Islam, Judaism or what religion u are in is WE BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A SUPREME BEING ABOVE. if u like call am yaweh, Jesus, Allah, Buddha, you are entitled to your faith.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Mightymanna(m): 7:41am On Jul 10, 2017
analice107:

Wait, what??, What do you call a gos which had three daughters?

Who is Al Alat?
Al Manat.

Al Uzzar?

Is Al not a suffice for god in Arabic Language?

Islam with Al- Allah and his three daughters.

Get out of here now.

you have already displayed your ignorance here for claiming that all Al is God.you are not worthy of my reply anymore

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:05am On Jul 10, 2017
Suspect33:
hahahaha, so the early church prayed to mary and bow to idols, so funny, let me refer you to the book of acts, go and read how the early church started, no mention of catholism, dont believe lies
actually yes! The early church prayed to Mary and had images.

Please Google "Christian catacombs".

I know how the early church started and The book of acts doesn't claim to have a catalog of all early Christian practice.

4 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by analice107: 10:36am On Jul 10, 2017
Mightymanna:

you have already displayed your ignorance here for claiming that all Al is God.you are not worthy of my reply anymore
See stupidity. You follow without knowing. is Al not a surfix for god in Arabic language.

You claim Christians worship three gods, why not tell us who Al Alat, Al Manat and Al Uzzar are in Islam.

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Suspect33(m): 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
actually yes! The early church prayed to Mary and had images.

Please Google "Christian catacombs".

I know how the early church started and The book of acts doesn't claim to have a catalog of all early Christian practice.
the bible is Gods word, whatever that was not written in the bible should not be adhered to, so u want me to bow to idols and pray to mary bcus google said so, u see?? U left the word of life and follow google teaching... God have mercy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 4:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Suspect33:
the bible is Gods word, whatever that was not written in the bible should not be adhered to, so u want me to bow to idols and pray to mary bcus google said so, u see?? U left the word of life and follow google teaching... God have mercy
please where did your bible tell you that whatever isn't in the Bible should not be adhered to? Or did your pastor make that up?

It is even funny because the Catholic Church only complied the new testament 300yrs after the death of the apostles.

5 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Suspect33(m): 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
please where did your bible tell you that whatever isn't in the Bible should not be adhered to? Or did your pastor make that up?

It is even funny because the Catholic Church only complied the new testament 300yrs after the death of the apostles.

bro i don taya grin, you can argue for africa... Buh just so you know, the bible is the only manual for life

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2017
Suspect33:
bro i don taya grin, you can argue for africa... Buh just so you know, the bible is the only manual for life
oga I am not trying to be argumentative but you and your pastors like making such unfounded claims. Where is it written that the Bible is the only manual for life?

Where is that opinion from? Are you aware that for 1500yrs all Christians never believed that the Bible contains everything in fact such opinion is a heresy.

The Bible doesn't claim to contain everything nor does it claim to be the sole manual for Christian life.

4 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Suspect33(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
oga I am not trying to be argumentative but you and your pastors like making such unfounded claims. Where is it written that the Bible is the only manual for life?

Where is that opinion from? Are you aware that for 1500yrs all Christians never believed that the Bible contains everything in fact such opinion is a heresy.

The Bible doesn't claim to contain everything nor does it claim to be the sole manual for Christian life.
OK grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
felixomor:
If you research deeper, you will find out more links between the two.

In my opinion, its not a coincidence.
Well done Sir!

Allah's wife was a catholic nun, infact she came from a prominent Catholic family. Before they married there was no Qur'an. Make up your own conclusion.

Now if I where to translate the Qur'an for you, just to show you how they dismiss Jesus dying on the cross, they would accuse me of accusing them grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Amberon11: 2:06am On Jul 11, 2017
Keep quiet, we Christians don't worship the same god as the Muslims. Christianity is centered on love. Have you ever seen a portion of the Quran where it says to love your neighbor?

Mologi:

my friend go and read your Bible very well....

You may be the one fooling yourself or..

you are been fooled
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Amberon11: 2:27am On Jul 11, 2017
How exactly is she an extremist? By pointing out the obvious facts that we don't worship the same God?
Humanistme:

hypocritical analice. nobody is into an extremist Christian.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Amberon11: 2:29am On Jul 11, 2017
Excuse me, do you catholics worship the same God as the muslims?
Ubenedictus:
since you are not a kid, can you clearly tell me why Allah isn't same as God?
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 11, 2017
Ubenedictus:
since you are not a kid, can you clearly tell me why Allah isn't same as God?
Christians are taught love and tolerance. We are taught not to cast a stone on sinners for we might be sinners to. Jesus fought our battle by dying on the cross.

Muslims are taught to fight for a place in heaven and kill anything that breathes anti-muslim. They are fighting to earn 72 virgins. Infact, Imam Mullah Ali Qari said 70 virgins and human (note this part) two wives. Imam Al-Balhayqi was said to be more generous. He said 500 wives, 4 000 virgins and 8 000 previously married women. Solomon is chior boy. Al- Tirmidhi maintained 72 and that women can can choose a men of their choice or anything that delights their eyes.

Bro, comparing Allah to God is disrespect on its own.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2017
Amberon11:
Excuse me, do you catholics worship the same God as the muslims?

I do not know what each man worship in his heart but atleast we do know what men profess to worship.

In this case the Muslim professes to worship the One God living and true, who is benevolent and merciful, almighty. Omnipotent, omnipresent, all holy. Worthy of honor, praise, glory and all adoration. The profess the God who revealed himself to Abraham. This very same God they profess to worship and adore.

This same God who is one and revealed to Abraham is the God the jews profess to worship... That same God is fully revealed in CHRIST Jesus.

So yes I believe that Muslim at least profess to worship the same God as Christians.

5 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:08am On Jul 11, 2017
jagugu88li:
Christians are taught love and tolerance. We are taught not to cast a stone on sinners for we might be sinners to. Jesus fought our battle by dying on the cross.
it seems you haven't been reading your bible fully.

Actually the old testament commands the stoning of certain sinners, the same as the Koran. It also commands hatred for enemies and shows various instances of the people of God fighting their enemies.

It is all their entire communities were commanded to be put to death, men, women and children. Entire populations akin to genocide. It is all in the Bible. The same God that you say is all love and tolerance also wrote about stoning, deaths and hate for enemies.

If you say that the Muslim God isn't your God because you saw violence in Muslim literature then get ready to deny the God of the jews in the old testament.

Muslims are taught to fight for a place in heaven and kill anything that breathes anti-muslim. They are fighting to earn 72 virgins. Infact, Imam Mullah Ali Qari said 70 virgins and human (note this part) two wives. Imam Al-Balhayqi was said to be more generous. He said 500 wives, 4 000 virgins and 8 000 previously married women. Solomon is chior boy. Al- Tirmidhi maintained 72 and that women can can choose a men of their choice or anything that delights their eyes.

Bro, comparing Allah to God is disrespect on its own.
so because some Muslims practice violence that means their God is false abi?
Some Christian pastors are swindlers does that also mean the Christian God is a thief?

That is a non sequitur argument.

9 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2017
jagugu88li:
Well done Sir!

Allah's wife was a catholic nun, infact she came from a prominent Catholic family. Before they married there was no Qur'an. Make up your own conclusion.

Now if I where to translate the Qur'an for you, just to show you how they dismiss Jesus dying on the cross, they would accuse me of accusing them grin
He hehe so you added a picture of the old Pope with a bent back and claim he was bowing to the Koran. Come on you can do better the guy was old his back is naturally bent he isn't bowing.

There is a even more interesting picture where Pope John Paul kissed a Koran Given by a Muslim delegation. I thought you will post that one instead you have an old Pope holding a Koran an you claim he is bowing.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2017
Ubenedictus:
it seems you haven't been reading your bible fully.

Actually the old testament commands the stoning of certain sinners, the same as the Koran. It also commands hatred for enemies and shows various instances of the people of God fighting their enemies.

It is all their entire communities were commanded to be put to death, men, women and children. Entire populations akin to genocide. It is all in the Bible. The same God that you say is all love and tolerance also wrote about stoning, deaths and hate for enemies.

If you say that the Muslim God isn't your God because you saw violence in Muslim literature then get ready to deny the God of the jews in the old testament.

so because some Muslims practice violence that means their God is false abi?
Some Christian pastors are swindlers does that also mean the Christian God is a thief?
That is a non sequitur argument.
Then you don't understand Jesus's mission in this world and the birth of the new testament.

......and obviously, you didnt here the pope's speech before "bowing" to the Qur'an. Infact, a true Christian would never even want to touch the Qur'an. Except me ofcourse...... curiosity
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2017
Ubenedictus:
He hehe so you added a picture of the old Pope with a bent back and claim he was bowing to the Koran. Come on you can do better the guy was old his back is naturally bent he isn't bowing.

There is a even more interesting picture where Pope John Paul kissed a Koran Given by a Muslim delegation. I thought you will post that one instead you have an old Pope holding a Koran an you claim he is bowing.

Is that even a Koran? Pope is a christian, Patriarch Raphael 1 is a christian, how come it's a koran in their midst, according to the caption.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 11:31am On Jul 11, 2017
Syncan:

Is that even a Koran? Pope is a christian, Patriarch Raphael 1 is a christian, how come it's a koran in their midst, according to the caption.
if I remember correctly. It was an Iraqi delegation comprising of both a suni Muslim leader, a Shia Muslim leader a representative of the Iraqi religion ministry and a christian patriarch. They came to invite the Pope to their country as an emissary of peace.

They gave him a book that looked like a binder, it had intricate design but surprisingly the title koran was not there, the patriarch later gave an interview where he intimated that the book they gave the Pope was a koran. The Pope actually kissed the book.

It is important to note that in the middle east a gift is considered a reflection of the giver and it is customary to kiss it as a sign of respect, though it is less so in Iraqi culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? / Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / RCCG And LFC: One Of The Greatest Testimonies Of Inter-Church Harmony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.