Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) (33684 Views)

Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by baeleto: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ubenedictus:
if I remember correctly. It was an Iraqi delegation comprising of both a suni Muslim leader, a Shia Muslim leader a representative of the Iraqi religion ministry and a christian patriarch. They came to invite the Pope to their country as an emissary of peace.

They gave him a book that looked like a binder, it had intricate design but surprisingly the title koran was not there, the patriarch later gave an interview where he intimated that the book they gave the Pope was a koran. The Pope actually kissed the book.

It is important to note that in the middle east a gift is considered a reflection of the giver and it is customary to kiss it as a sign of respect, though it is less so in Iraqi culture.
If you're referring the picture I see above, then you're so wrong. That is the few existing Quran's before what you have now. A very few select have the book.

I feel like you're misusing the internet.
jagugu88li:
Then you don't understand Jesus's mission in this world and the birth of the new testament.

......and obviously, you didnt here the pope's speech before "bowing" to the Qur'an. Infact, a true Christian would never even want to touch the Qur'an. Except me ofcourse...... curiosity
Did you attend? If yes........can I send you a PM
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Mologi(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2017
Amberon11:
Keep quiet, we Christians don't worship the same god as the Muslims. Christianity is centered on love. Have you ever seen a portion of the Quran where it says to love your neighbor?

your life
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 2:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ubenedictus:
if I remember correctly. It was an Iraqi delegation comprising of both a suni Muslim leader, a Shia Muslim leader a representative of the Iraqi religion ministry and a christian patriarch. They came to invite the Pope to their country as an emissary of peace.

They gave him a book that looked like a binder, it had intricate design but surprisingly the title koran was not there, the patriarch later gave an interview where he intimated that the book they gave the Pope was a koran. The Pope actually kissed the book.

It is important to note that in the middle east a gift is considered a reflection of the giver and it is customary to kiss it as a sign of respect, though it is less so in Iraqi culture.

Thanks for the explanation.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 11, 2017
Islam is just a coalition of Christianity and Judaism. If you've ever read about Mohammed, he married two(probably more) wives, a Christian and a Jew. You'd notice a lot of similarities between the Bible and the Quran, especially in the Old Testament. The creation story( Adam and Eve; Adamu and Hauwa), the story of Noah and his Ark and so on.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by MrCork: 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
Inanna:
Islam is just a coalition of Christianity and Judaism. If you've ever read about Mohammed, he married two(probably more) wives, a Christian and a Jew. You'd notice a lot of similarities between the Bible and the Quran, especially in the Old Testament. The creation story( Adam and Eve; Adamu and Hauwa), the story of Noah and his Ark and so on.

..bit how did u no I drive Range rover spot (£28,000 cash)..u Beyansi wannnna be gold digggger!!! angry
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
jagugu88li:
Then you don't understand Jesus's mission in this world and the birth of the new testament.

......and obviously, you didnt here the pope's speech before "bowing" to the Qur'an. Infact, a true Christian would never even want to touch the Qur'an. Except me ofcourse...... curiosity

Someone claimed the Bible is all about tolerance, all I did was correct him and ask him to read his Bible well. There is tolerance and love there but there is also violence and death. The major difference is that the Bible goes from violence to love while the koran seems to move from mild tolerance to serious hate. Again we use the new testament in canceling the violent parts of the old testament whereas some Muslim jurist believe that the more violent parts cancel the tolerant parts.

If you wish to now what John Paul thought of the Qur'an then read what he wrote.

"Whoever knows the Old and New Testaments, and
then reads the Koran, clearly sees the process by
which it completely reduces Divine Revelation. It is
impossible not to note the movement away from
what God said about Himself, first in the Old
Testament through the Prophets, and then finally in
the New Testament through His Son. In Islam all
the richness of God’s self-revelation, which
constitutes the heritage of the Old and New
Testaments, has definitely been set aside.
Some of the most beautiful names in the human
language are given to the God of the Koran, but He
is ultimately a God outside of the world, a God who
is only Majesty, never Emmanuel, God-with-us.
Islam is not a religion of redemption. There is no
room for the Cross and the Resurrection. Jesus is
mentioned, but only as a prophet who prepares for
the last prophet, Muhammad. There is also
mention of Mary, His Virgin Mother, but the tragedy
of redemption is completely absent. For this
reason not only the theology but also the
anthropology of Islam is very distant from
Christianity."
From Crossing the Threshhold of Hope, pp.92-93.

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
baeleto:

Did you attend? If yes........can I send you a PM
That obvious grin? I dont even have to guess what is it you want.

Gather the courage bro, spit it out tongue grin
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
baeleto:
If you're referring the picture I see above, then you're so wrong. That is the few existing Quran's before what you have now. A very few select have the book.

I feel like you're misusing the internet. Did you attend? If yes........can I send you a PM
I have seen the older Qur'an, I had one in my house, don't know where it is right now, but they don't come with binders and the word Qur'an is written on it in Arabic. It has similar designs as the book above but certainly has an Arabic writing on it that says Qur'an.

I think you are the one misusing the Internet as you seem to use it to throw accusations around.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ubenedictus:
I have seen the older Qur'an, I had one in my house, don't know where it is right now, but they don't come with binders and the word Qur'an is written on it in Arabic. It has similar designs as the book above but certainly has an Arabic writing on it that says Qur'an.

I think you are the one misusing the Internet as you seem to use it to throw accusations around.
Chai, you've outdone yourself. If you had a slightest idea what the guy meant by "before what you have now" you wouldn't make such claims.

Goodbye Sir
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Ubenedictus(m): 9:23am On Jul 12, 2017
jagugu88li:
Chai, you've outdone yourself. If you had a slightest idea what the guy meant by "before what you have now" you wouldn't make such claims.

Goodbye Sir
I know what we have now, I also know what was before. And as I said earlier I had the earlier looking Qur'an it looks a lot like the design of the book the Pope is holding but it is not a binderlike book. In fact binding books that way is a recent practice. And a Qur'an whether ancient or modern usually have the word Qur'an written in Arabic on it.

If you haven't seen it then at least keep quiet and don't expose your ignorance.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Mightyraw(m): 11:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

Thanks Analice017
This is enlightening.
I taught u said you are doing your research,
So someone can just feed you all that and you think it's enlightening

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by malvisguy212: 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2017
Syncan:

The question you've avoided to answer is: those audience James was talking to who say they have faith, but which is called "dead faith" according to James, do they earn salvation too?

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. James 2:19
listen very carefully, James was addressing the Jews (save) they believe good works is the means of salvation, the truth is that good work is the result of salvation, and this good work has already been done by Christ. Titus 3:8 indicate that a man does good work because he is save.

good work are not something a person must do to be save, here what Paul say In Romans:
"But to him that WORKETH NOT, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Rom. 4:5).

notice here, the man does NOT work at all, he is only resting on the work of another ( Jesus). so what is the result of this man faith ? his faith was counted for righteousness.

if you Insisted on this argument, ask your priest this question, What is the result of salvation ? if his answer point to human effort , then he is standing on a sandy soil. but if his answer point to the work of Christ, then he is standing on a SOLID ground.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Kc3000: 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
The connections between Catholicism and Islam run very deep. Search on youtube for "Islamic connections" and other similar presentations by Dr. Walter Veith for a thorough and in depth presentation on these connections.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Alennsar(f): 5:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
zionmade:

A christian is not one who believes in God, but one who believes in Jesus. And Jesus said "I am the ressurrection and the life""No one cometh to the father but by me" "I am the way the truth and the life" So its either Jesus was wrong or Islam came from the devil.
believing in the God of Isaac and Jacob doesnt make anybody a christian.

truly truly you have been deceived. in the bible it is said dat d God of Abraham, Jacob, Moses and Isaac glorify servant Jesus.

and in john 17:3 Jesus said d Lord your God is one and I Jesus his servant.

act 22: 2 says see d Jesus a man appointed for you by God to perform miracles and wonders which God did through him.

in a nut shell Islam and Christianity Re different and will always be different for light and darkness are not dsame. Suratul- khafirun****

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by zionmade(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
Alennsar:

truly truly you have been deceived. in the bible it is said dat d God of Abraham, Jacob, Moses and Isaac glorify servant Jesus.

and in john 17:3 Jesus said d Lord your God is one and I Jesus his servant.

act 22: 2 says see d Jesus a man appointed for you by God to perform miracles and wonders which God did through him.

in a nut shell Islam and Christianity Re different and will always be different for light and darkness are not dsame. Suratul- khafirun****
Nobody is here to argue dat poo.
And I will really advice u to stop quoting from the Bible u know nothing of. Because if I start bombarding u with scriptures about Jesus being God u will start shouting corrupted. So stick ur nose to the useless teaching of that paedophile that says the Bible was corrupted.
the only point I was driving at is that there is no single relationship between my God and whatever u worship that have endangered the whole world.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Alennsar(f): 7:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
zionmade:

Nobody is here to argue dat poo.
And I will really advice u to stop quoting from the Bible u know nothing of. Because if I start bombarding u with scriptures about Jesus being God u will start shouting corrupted. So stick ur nose to the useless teaching of that paedophile that says the Bible was corrupted.
the only point I was driving at is that there is no single relationship between my God and whatever u worship that have endangered the whole world.

lmao well I don't have your time but don't dare think dat you know d bible more than I do. I was not just a Christian in d past , I grow up in a pastors house. redeem to be precise
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 7:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
malvisguy212:
listen very carefully, James was addressing the Jews (save) they believe good works is the means of salvation, the truth is that good work is the result of salvation, and this good work has already been done by Christ. Titus 3:8 indicate that a man does good work because he is save.

good work are not something a person must do to be save, here what Paul say In Romans:
"But to him that WORKETH NOT, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" (Rom. 4:5).

notice here, the man does NOT work at all, he is only resting on the work of another ( Jesus). so what is the result of this man faith ? his faith was counted for righteousness.

if you Insisted on this argument, ask your priest this question, What is the result of salvation ? if his answer point to human effort , then he is standing on a sandy soil. but if his answer point to the work of Christ, then he is standing on a SOLID ground.

Just look at how you're deceiving yourself. First James was addressing the Saved, now he is addressing the Jews, and just to show your confusion; you had to put (save) close to Jews. Is it now the Jews that are saved or the believers? All you wrote above is like you're teaching James, the man said, show me your faith without works and I will prove to you that I have the living faith by showing you my works. You keep having your warped opinion about Catholic belief and start arguing against your imagined thoughts. You don't mind contradicting scripture (James) just to prove what you think I believe wrong. Smh. All you need is check Ubenedictus earlier post in this thread and note the importance of grace in our salvation. If you are still not clear, you can draw my attention. Meanwhile:

Do you see that a man is justified by means of works, and not by faith alone?. James.2:24

4 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by zionmade(m): 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2017
Alennsar:

lmao well I don't have your time but don't dare think dat you know d bible more than I do. I was not just a Christian in d past , I grow up in a pastors house. redeem to be precise
Indeed. Doesn't make u any thing knowledgeable. Just stick to Wat u believe. That's how u guys foolishly go about boasting of knowing the Bible wen u know nothing
even if u want grow up in Pope's bedroom
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by DarkRebel69: 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Rational explanation,

So why has modern day Christianity (mostly the Pentecostal and Protestant movement) forgotten or rather discarded this origin

Have you heard of the Protestant Reformation?
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by malvisguy212: 10:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
Syncan:

Just look at how you're deceiving yourself. First James was addressing the Saved, now he is addressing the Jews, and just to show your confusion; you had to put (save) close to Jews. Is it now the Jews that are saved or the believers? All you wrote above is like you're teaching James, the man said, show me your faith without works and I will prove to you that I have the living faith by showing you my works. You keep having your warped opinion about Catholic belief and start arguing against your imagined thoughts. You don't mind contradicting scripture (James) just to prove what you think I believe wrong. Smh. All you need is check Ubenedictus earlier post in this thread and note the importance of grace in our salvation. If you are still not clear, you can draw my attention. Meanwhile:

Do you see that a man is justified by means of works, and not by faith alone?. James.2:24
nice talking to you, bye.....for your information, the Jews are God chosen Nation, so they are the save, for God cannot chose the unsave.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
malvisguy212:
nice talking to you, bye.....for your information, the Jews are God chosen Nation, so they are the save, for God cannot chose the unsave.

shocked

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".......

1 Like

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 7:54am On Jul 14, 2017
malvisguy212:

Imagine! I don't believe what am seeing here. So all you know is just to argue aimlessly, no substance in you at all. The Jews are saved right? As if Nicodemus was not a Jew, yet was told he must be born of water and spirit. Jn.3:5. As if Peter was not talking to the Jews when he said, "...Repent and be baptized...save yourself from this generation" Acts.2:38-40. As if it wasn't to the Jews that the preaching of Jesus crucified was a stumbling block. 1Cor.1:23..

I'll rather you keep quiet and learn, ask questions where you don't understand, for clarity sake and not to seek to confound another, doing so; you will grow by God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by malvisguy212: 8:12am On Jul 14, 2017
Syncan:

Imagine! I don't believe what am seeing here. So all you know is just to argue aimlessly, no substance in you at all. The Jews are saved right? As if Nicodemus was not a Jew, yet was told he must be born of water and spirit. Jn.3:5. As if Peter was not talking to the Jews when he said, "...Repent and be baptized...save yourself from this generation" Acts.2:38-40. As if it wasn't to the Jews that the preaching of Jesus crucified was a stumbling block. 1Cor.1:23..

I'll rather you keep quiet and learn, ask questions where you don't understand, for clarity sake and not to seek to confound another, doing so; you will grow by God's grace.

are the Jews unsaved ? see brother, you think you know what you are saying ? I wept for you. James wasn't saying their faith is dead, no, James is saying their faith is dead without work. are you a Christian ? can you show me the evidence, you're a Christian ? not by going to church, is by showing your good work, now this simply mean you are proven the evidence of your faith. this is the work that will not earn you salvation.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by malvisguy212: 8:26am On Jul 14, 2017
@ Syncan you cannot address the hearthen as "dead faith" because faith was not their In the first place . when you address someone like this " your faith is dead without work" it means you are telling him to show the evidence of his faith. you are not condemning his faith. James wasn't condemning their faith , he was correcting their mistake.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 8:59am On Jul 14, 2017
malvisguy212:
are the Jews unsaved ? see brother, you think you know what you are saying ? I wept for you. James wasn't saying their faith is dead, no, James is saying their faith is dead without work. are you a Christian ? can you show me the evidence, you're a Christian ? not by going to church, is by showing your good work, now this simply mean you are proven the evidence of your faith. this is the work that will not earn you salvation.

So despite all I wrote above, with scripture references, you still ask the bold. You wept for me? hahaha. Continue going back and front arguing against yourself, the book of James will still be there to Pierce your soul until truth set you free.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 9:01am On Jul 14, 2017
malvisguy212:
@ Syncan you cannot address the hearthen as "dead faith" because faith was not their In the first place . when you address someone like this " your faith is dead without work" it means you are telling him to show the evidence of his faith. you are not condemning his faith. James wasn't condemning their faith , he was correcting their mistake.

So you won't take my advice to keep quiet and learn? Folks are already laughing at you, and am feeling ashamed on your behalf.

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by malvisguy212: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2017
Syncan:

So you won't take my advice to keep quiet and learn? Folks are already laughing at you, and am feeling ashamed on your behalf.
don't be to proud, crush your pride and learn. I repeat, James wasn't condemning their faith, he was correcting their mistake. the error James correct is work is unnecessary when a person is save. James wrote how a believer can show, his faith is genuine ( justification or vindication before men) . James perspectives , he was viewing the believer who needed to demonstrate that his faith was real.

I think this will be my last respond to you unless you say something meaningful. if I did not response to you, it mean what you wrote does not make sense. thank you.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 11:00am On Jul 14, 2017
malvisguy212:

The below is my first post which you attacked, take a look at it and look at what I made bold in your post, tell me again what you've been ranting about:

Syncan:

This is not true, please stop saying it. The catholic church believes that faith has to go with good work, for faith without work is dead. James. 2:26

3 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 11:04am On Jul 14, 2017
malvisguy212:
don't be to proud, crush your pride and learn. I repeat, James wasn't condemning their faith, he was correcting their mistake. the error James correct is work is unnecessary when a person is save. James wrote how a believer can show, his faith is genuine ( justification or vindication before men) . James perspectives , he was viewing the believer who needed to demonstrate that his faith was real.

I think this will be my last respond to you unless you say something meaningful. if I did not response to you, it mean what you wrote does not make sense. thank you.

Ba ba black sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full....
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by malvisguy212: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2017
Syncan:

The below is my first post which you attacked, take a look at it and look at what I made bold in your post, tell me again what you've been ranting about:

that is why I ask you, what is James understanding of work In that verse ? I wanted to know your view on that verse.
Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Syncan(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2017
malvisguy212:
that is why I ask you, what is James understanding of work In that verse ? I wanted to know your view on that verse.

Bros, not true. You had your opinion on my belief on that verse, then you sought to prove me wrong. You specifically asked me if I think work grants salvation. If you didn't have your false opinion about my belief, you wouldn't have been arguing against your self.

2 Likes

Re: The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) by Alennsar(f): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2017
zionmade:

Indeed. Doesn't make u any thing knowledgeable. Just stick to Wat u believe. That's how u guys foolishly go about boasting of knowing the Bible wen u know nothing
even if u want grow up in Pope's bedroom

search for knowledge my dear. ask questions and look for dat which is d truth. I invite you to the religion of peace, the only religion dat will be accepted from one and all on d day of recompense "ISlam".

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Was Jesus Christ Truly Born On December 25th? / Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / RCCG And LFC: One Of The Greatest Testimonies Of Inter-Church Harmony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.