Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Love Happened By Rose Akpabio - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio (92069 Views)

The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by 123456dr(f): 8:54am On Aug 05, 2017
Thumbs up
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Sleyanya1(m): 9:22am On Aug 05, 2017
Omo this story sha.

I raise ....... For you jare.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Kimkardashain(f): 9:43am On Aug 05, 2017
wow wow and wow.. Angelss ur d bomb
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by teanumi(f): 10:24am On Aug 05, 2017
pls update on time
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by arinze3131(m): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2017
I hv 2 say by dis tym dat U re d best Ageless
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by YINKS89(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2017
no u jus found d bone of ur bone ..... by d way wre ia ma beta half.... lilyjoe567.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2017
Thank you for your comments. Thanks very much. I will improve on updates biko
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Jasminelove(f): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2017
Angelsss:
. Pls are you updating today, by the way you have a great story. pls don't kill it with slow updates

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by officialflex(f): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2017
Angelsss:
pls u av too huun biko abeg , suspense is over the edge cant wait to see barbie torn from limbs to limbs.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by muller101(m): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2017
That Barbie doll is wicked. Angelsss nice story line. I am following this till the end.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2017
‘I am not crying’ Sophia jerked and rose to her feet, had he been awake the whole time? What spirit had possessed her? Why had she caressed his body like that? She’d never done that to any man before.

‘I am not blind’ Lekan groaned, his head hurt, he tried to stand but his strength failed him.
The last thing he remembered was chasing some beggar boy and getting knocked down by a very attractive woman.
He’d thought he was dead. From the moment the car had hit him, he’d been plunged into another world of darkness.
A world that had no illumination, he was so sure he had died and had probably gone to hell, the place of eternal torment.
Slowly, a bright light from above spread over the earth, the earth was vast and scanty, with no vegetation on living creature.
He’d walked some distance towards a pit he’d seen, as he neared the pit, he could hear the sobs of a woman.
He’d been so scared, so terrified of the strange place he’d found himself, he peered into the pit and found a woman sobbing: it was Sophia.

‘Nothing’s wrong with me’ she affirmed and fetched her towel, feeling so embarrassed that he’d seen her that way.
‘I am sorry you’re in this condition, I assure you, I have no hand in it’ she explained.

‘I never said you did’ Lekan lifted a brow still watching her.
The lady that had bashed him wasn’t the lady that hit him, he was confused.

‘I apologize for Barbie’s recklessness’ Sophia continued.

‘Who’s Barbie’? Lekan asked.

‘My younger sister, the one that hit you’ Sophia replied.

‘Oh, she’s such a pretty woman’ Lekan remarked then felt like slapping himself after as he noticed Sophia’s pained expression.

‘You’re also pretty too, you have very nice lips’ he stuttered, he didn’t know why looking at her made him uneasy, he’d never felt that way before.

‘Okay’ she replied silently feeling embarrassed he had to compliment her that way.

‘So, where am I’? Lekan reached into his pockets and searched for his phones.

‘Our house’ Sophia replied.

‘Oh, nice apartment, where is your rude friend’? Lekan asked gently. She was very uneasy, he noticed, he felt guilty for hitting her the other night, how foolish he’d been.

‘She’s around, let me get you some pain killers Sir’ Sophia suggested, she’d noticed he was in pain.

‘Olalekan’ he didn’t feel comfortable with the way she addressed him.

‘What’? she asked.

‘Call me Olalekan or Lekan’ he said and began to dial Mrs Olaitan. He didn’t want the old lady to worry about him.

‘Okay sir’ she nodded and bit her lip shyly after that.

‘What’s your name’? he smiled

‘Sophia’ she replied and avoided his gaze.

‘Nice name for a nice person’ he stared at her.
She wasn’t unattractive he decided, she just had a problem with her weight, he wondered if she’d ever considered losing some weight.
She seemed nice and humble, and he knew he had to apologize for his ruthless behavior.

‘Alright, let me get the drugs, I will be back’ Sophia spun on her heel, ready to avoid this man that sent chills running down her spine.

‘Wait, I am sorry’ Lekan inhaled deeply, maybe the accident had changed him, he rarely apologized to people.

Sophia spun round gently and watched his adorable face, he was an angel.

‘Sophia, I am sorry for the way I acted last night, I don’t usually hit women, I don’t know what came over me’ he apologized.

‘It’s okay, maybe I deserved it, I bashed your new car’ she shrugged, feeling overwhelmed that he’d actually apologized to her.

‘No, you don’t deserve it, no man should ever hit a woman, it’s wrong, no matter her offense, I am truly sorry for the mean words I spoke to you’ he continued.

‘Thank you’ she smiled and walked away.

‘Shit!’ Lekan swore, something had changed within him, he could feel it. He’d grown softer.

‘Hello Mrs Olaitan’ she’d finally picked the call.
‘Olalekan, where are you?’ she asked weakly.

‘I had an accident, but I guess I’m fine, I’m still alive and breathing’ he forced himself on his feet.

‘Accident? Please where are you? I hope you aren’t hurt?’ she sounded scared.

‘I am fine. I’ll be back home soon, call Doctor Oliver to come home, I need to be examined’ he ordered her to call his personal doctor.

‘Okay, I shall do that, please take care of yourself Lekan’ the old woman pleaded.

‘I will, goodnight’ he ended the call.

‘What a night’ he exhaled, maybe he deserved it, the old woman had taken pains to decorate the house for Christmas and he’d asked her to take it down just because it reminded him of his childhood.

‘You’re awake’! he heard a female voice that wasn’t Sophia’s, he turned around immediately and faced her rude friend.

‘Yes I am’ Lekan’s eyes darkened.

‘Oh, sorry I didn’t tell you, he’s awake now’ Sophia walked in with her drug basket.

‘Engineer Lekan, I am sorry for the things I said to you and how I spoke to you, I sincerely beg you and assure you it wouldn’t happen again’ Kachi decided to apologize.

‘Well it’s okay’ Lekan waved her off, he wasn’t interested in what she had to say, he just wanted to know more about Sophia and he didn’t understand why.

‘Here, swallow this, it would help numb the pain, then we would go to the hospital after’ Sophia handed him the drugs and a glass of water.

‘Okay’ he accepted.

‘Thanks’ she whispered to Kachi who had finally apologized to Lekan.
‘Anything for you girl’ Kachi replied, knowing deep down Lekan was still upset with her.

‘You never told me you were a doctor, thanks very much’ Lekan smiled and placed the glass on the center table.

‘Far from it, my mother was a nurse’ Sophia smiled as she memories about her mother came calling.

‘Was’? Lekan lifted a brow.

‘Sophia, I really have to go now, a client just called me, she needs her hair badly done tonight, she has a wedding for tomorrow’ Kachi needed to give them space, she wasn’t that naïve to ignore attraction when it had started its bloom.

‘Now? Do you really have to go? I need to take Lekan to the hospital, you just have to be there’ she didn’t feel comfortable being alone with the man. Not that she suspected he could hurt her physically, but she felt weird in his presence.

‘Don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself’ Lekan interrupted.

‘Good, you see? Your Lekan would be fine. Goodnight love. Cheers’ she pecked Sophia on the chin and stormed out.

‘You like her a lot’ Lekan remarked as he watched her.
‘Yes, we’ve been friends for a very long time’ Sophia smiled.

‘So, about your mother, you didn’t answer my question’ he hoped he didn’t appear nosy.

‘She’s dead, she died long time ago along my dad, they both perished in a car crash’ Sophia explained. She thought she was mistaken, but looking at Lekan’s eyes that minute, she knew he wasn’t as hard as he looked.

‘I’m sorry’ Lekan whispered gently. So she was an orphan? It made him feel worse about hitting her.

‘No, it’s fine. I’m over that, I moved on since’ she sighed with relief.

‘So where is your sister? She was the one that hit me, yet you took responsibility’ He was surprised.

‘Oh, Barbie, well, she had an appointment, she would be back soon’ Sophia chuckled softly, his tone amused her.

‘Wow’ he loved the sound of her laughter.

‘Yea, so we have to go now, let me take you to the hospital’ she rose to her feet and fetched her keys.

‘No, I’m heading home, I already called my doctor’ he rose to his feet.

‘Home? You can’t go home in this shape’? her eyes widened with shock.

‘I have to’ Lekan insisted.

‘Okay, I’ll drive you home’ Sophia suggested, his feet weren’t strong and he still staggered, she had to take him home.

‘Why are you being so nice to me’? Lekan was touched by her concern for him.

‘That’s the only thing I learnt from life, you never know who could help you in future’ Sophia replied and walked towards him.

‘That’s true, very true’ Lekan pondered on her words. She was actually a very wise woman. He had hit her the other night but here she was caring and nursing him, while her sister who’d been the one that had ran over him had gone for a meeting.

‘I’ll have to help you walk, can I’? she wanted holding his hands.

‘Yes you can’ he felt amused, did she just ask for permission to hold his hand?

‘Here we go’ Sophia smiled and placed her hand in his. Their eyes suddenly glued together as tiny sparks passed from their hands that was firmly gummed together.

His whole body was on fire, he had never felt this way before, everything was new for him. His eyes stayed on hers and he felt her pain instantly, the depth of her brown eyes were clouded by grief, he could read her sadness, he could hear her thoughts.

‘We have to go now’ Sophia looked away, she was scared of looking into his eyes.

‘Yes we have to’ Lekan obeyed. ***

Barbie had arrived Oscar’s house, he’d dropped the key somewhere so she could get into the house.
Thankfully Sophia had been in the house with Kachi, so the handsome man she’d hit was in good hands.
She couldn’t believe it, so Oscar was finally hers?

‘What do we have here’? she pulled the fridge open and searched for something she could drink, she was famished.
She fetched a jug of orange juice and poured herself some, the drink laced her tongue with its sweetness.
‘Yummy’ she licked her lips and reached out to the other side of the table to pick her phone, someone was calling.
Definitely, it was her sister, maybe she’d called to give her information on the condition of the guy, she prayed he was alright. Now wasn’t the right time for things to go wrong in her life, she had Oscar and he promised to help her get a good job, everything was beautiful in her world.

‘Hello Soph, how is his condition’? She spoke without looking at the caller identity.

‘It’s not Sophia’ Benet’s baritone danced in her ear drum.

‘Oh, good evening Benet, how can I help you’? she grimaced, she had to put him in his place, this wasn’t the time for him either, she didn’t want anyone coming between her and Oscar.
‘You promised to call me, I miss you Barbie, I want to feel your body, I want to get my hands all over you’ his voice was husky with emotion.

‘Stop it Benet, just hold it right there’ she dropped her glass and fingered her hair.
‘I don’t understand you Barbs, what’s wrong, you’ve been acting all different’ Benet was taken aback by her harshness.

‘Hey don’t Barbs me okay? I don’t want us to see each other anymore, it’s over Benet, go find yourself another chic’ she fired at him.

‘Over? What’s over? You can’t do that to me, I just wiped my bank account to make you happy. Barbie have I offended you in any way’? he asked.

‘No you haven’t, and if it’s the shoes you want, I’ll return them tomorrow, I don’t love you Benet, just go, okay? You’ll find someone who cares’ Barbie replied.

‘No, I can’t be with someone else, you’re the woman for me’ He was shocked.
He suddenly felt weak, like all energy had been sapped from him.

‘Then I’m sorry, goodbye Benet’ she drawled.

‘Wait’ he begged, something was going on. Barbie’s behavior was quite strange.

‘Are you in love with someone else’? he asked.

‘That’s none of your business, but if you must know, Oscar is better than you ten times over at everything, goodbye Ben’ she brought the call to an end. The blasting of the horn alerted her of Oscar’s presence.
She rushed out to meet with him.

‘Welcome honey, I miss you so much’ Barbie smiled and rushed to meet him.

‘My love, sorry I kept you waiting’ Oscar slid out of the car.

‘So how was work? What did you client say’? She asked.

‘Fine, everything is fine, you look exhausted, are you okay’? Oscar inquired and lifted her face to have a better look at her. She looked pale and scared.

‘I had an accident, I hit a guy’ Barbie replied.

‘Jeez, are you okay? Is he okay’? he asked.

‘Yes, Sophia is caring for him’ Barbie nodded.

‘Oh, fine,let’s go inside, I bought us dinner’ he led the way.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 8:24am On Aug 06, 2017
Oya Chop corn and Pear. Please go like my Facebook page o Mbok. "Rose Akpabio's beautiful stories"

3 Likes

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by aprilwise(m): 9:03am On Aug 06, 2017
Angelsss:
Oya Chop corn and Pear.
Please go like my Facebook page o Mbok.
"Rose Akpabio's beautiful stories"
i have like ur fb page i have not seen nothing.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by muller101(m): 11:48am On Aug 06, 2017
Angelsss:
Oya Chop corn and Pear.
Please go like my Facebook page o Mbok.
"Rose Akpabio's beautiful stories"
imi kop. We will
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by officialflex(f): 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
Angelsss:
‘I am not crying’ Sophia jerked and rose to her feet, had he been awake the whole time? What spirit had possessed her? Why had she caressed his body like that? She’d never done that to any man before.

‘I am not blind’ Lekan groaned, his head hurt, he tried to stand but his strength failed him.
The last thing he remembered was chasing some beggar boy and getting knocked down by a very attractive woman.
He’d thought he was dead. From the moment the car had hit him, he’d been plunged into another world of darkness.
A world that had no illumination, he was so sure he had died and had probably gone to hell, the place of eternal torment.
Slowly, a bright light from above spread over the earth, the earth was vast and scanty, with no vegetation on living creature.
He’d walked some distance towards a pit he’d seen, as he neared the pit, he could hear the sobs of a woman.
He’d been so scared, so terrified of the strange place he’d found himself, he peered into the pit and found a woman sobbing: it was Sophia.

‘Nothing’s wrong with me’ she affirmed and fetched her towel, feeling so embarrassed that he’d seen her that way.
‘I am sorry you’re in this condition, I assure you, I have no hand in it’ she explained.

‘I never said you did’ Lekan lifted a brow still watching her.
The lady that had bashed him wasn’t the lady that hit him, he was confused.

‘I apologize for Barbie’s recklessness’ Sophia continued.

‘Who’s Barbie’? Lekan asked.

‘My younger sister, the one that hit you’ Sophia replied.

‘Oh, she’s such a pretty woman’ Lekan remarked then felt like slapping himself after as he noticed Sophia’s pained expression.

‘You’re also pretty too, you have very nice lips’ he stuttered, he didn’t know why looking at her made him uneasy, he’d never felt that way before.

‘Okay’ she replied silently feeling embarrassed he had to compliment her that way.

‘So, where am I’? Lekan reached into his pockets and searched for his phones.

‘Our house’ Sophia replied.

‘Oh, nice apartment, where is your rude friend’? Lekan asked gently. She was very uneasy, he noticed, he felt guilty for hitting her the other night, how foolish he’d been.

‘She’s around, let me get you some pain killers Sir’ Sophia suggested, she’d noticed he was in pain.

‘Olalekan’ he didn’t feel comfortable with the way she addressed him.

‘What’? she asked.

‘Call me Olalekan or Lekan’ he said and began to dial Mrs Olaitan. He didn’t want the old lady to worry about him.

‘Okay sir’ she nodded and bit her lip shyly after that.

‘What’s your name’? he smiled

‘Sophia’ she replied and avoided his gaze.

‘Nice name for a nice person’ he stared at her.
She wasn’t unattractive he decided, she just had a problem with her weight, he wondered if she’d ever considered losing some weight.
She seemed nice and humble, and he knew he had to apologize for his ruthless behavior.

‘Alright, let me get the drugs, I will be back’ Sophia spun on her heel, ready to avoid this man that sent chills running down her spine.

‘Wait, I am sorry’ Lekan inhaled deeply, maybe the accident had changed him, he rarely apologized to people.

Sophia spun round gently and watched his adorable face, he was an angel.

‘Sophia, I am sorry for the way I acted last night, I don’t usually hit women, I don’t know what came over me’ he apologized.

‘It’s okay, maybe I deserved it, I bashed your new car’ she shrugged, feeling overwhelmed that he’d actually apologized to her.

‘No, you don’t deserve it, no man should ever hit a woman, it’s wrong, no matter her offense, I am truly sorry for the mean words I spoke to you’ he continued.

‘Thank you’ she smiled and walked away.

‘Shit!’ Lekan swore, something had changed within him, he could feel it. He’d grown softer.

‘Hello Mrs Olaitan’ she’d finally picked the call.
‘Olalekan, where are you?’ she asked weakly.

‘I had an accident, but I guess I’m fine, I’m still alive and breathing’ he forced himself on his feet.

‘Accident? Please where are you? I hope you aren’t hurt?’ she sounded scared.

‘I am fine. I’ll be back home soon, call Doctor Oliver to come home, I need to be examined’ he ordered her to call his personal doctor.

‘Okay, I shall do that, please take care of yourself Lekan’ the old woman pleaded.

‘I will, goodnight’ he ended the call.

‘What a night’ he exhaled, maybe he deserved it, the old woman had taken pains to decorate the house for Christmas and he’d asked her to take it down just because it reminded him of his childhood.

‘You’re awake’! he heard a female voice that wasn’t Sophia’s, he turned around immediately and faced her rude friend.

‘Yes I am’ Lekan’s eyes darkened.

‘Oh, sorry I didn’t tell you, he’s awake now’ Sophia walked in with her drug basket.

‘Engineer Lekan, I am sorry for the things I said to you and how I spoke to you, I sincerely beg you and assure you it wouldn’t happen again’ Kachi decided to apologize.

‘Well it’s okay’ Lekan waved her off, he wasn’t interested in what she had to say, he just wanted to know more about Sophia and he didn’t understand why.

‘Here, swallow this, it would help numb the pain, then we would go to the hospital after’ Sophia handed him the drugs and a glass of water.

‘Okay’ he accepted.

‘Thanks’ she whispered to Kachi who had finally apologized to Lekan.
‘Anything for you girl’ Kachi replied, knowing deep down Lekan was still upset with her.

‘You never told me you were a doctor, thanks very much’ Lekan smiled and placed the glass on the center table.

‘Far from it, my mother was a nurse’ Sophia smiled as she memories about her mother came calling.

‘Was’? Lekan lifted a brow.

‘Sophia, I really have to go now, a client just called me, she needs her hair badly done tonight, she has a wedding for tomorrow’ Kachi needed to give them space, she wasn’t that naïve to ignore attraction when it had started its bloom.

‘Now? Do you really have to go? I need to take Lekan to the hospital, you just have to be there’ she didn’t feel comfortable being alone with the man. Not that she suspected he could hurt her physically, but she felt weird in his presence.

‘Don’t worry about me, I can take care of myself’ Lekan interrupted.

‘Good, you see? Your Lekan would be fine. Goodnight love. Cheers’ she pecked Sophia on the chin and stormed out.

‘You like her a lot’ Lekan remarked as he watched her.
‘Yes, we’ve been friends for a very long time’ Sophia smiled.

‘So, about your mother, you didn’t answer my question’ he hoped he didn’t appear nosy.

‘She’s dead, she died long time ago along my dad, they both perished in a car crash’ Sophia explained. She thought she was mistaken, but looking at Lekan’s eyes that minute, she knew he wasn’t as hard as he looked.

‘I’m sorry’ Lekan whispered gently. So she was an orphan? It made him feel worse about hitting her.

‘No, it’s fine. I’m over that, I moved on since’ she sighed with relief.

‘So where is your sister? She was the one that hit me, yet you took responsibility’ He was surprised.

‘Oh, Barbie, well, she had an appointment, she would be back soon’ Sophia chuckled softly, his tone amused her.

‘Wow’ he loved the sound of her laughter.

‘Yea, so we have to go now, let me take you to the hospital’ she rose to her feet and fetched her keys.

‘No, I’m heading home, I already called my doctor’ he rose to his feet.

‘Home? You can’t go home in this shape’? her eyes widened with shock.

‘I have to’ Lekan insisted.

‘Okay, I’ll drive you home’ Sophia suggested, his feet weren’t strong and he still staggered, she had to take him home.

‘Why are you being so nice to me’? Lekan was touched by her concern for him.

‘That’s the only thing I learnt from life, you never know who could help you in future’ Sophia replied and walked towards him.

‘That’s true, very true’ Lekan pondered on her words. She was actually a very wise woman. He had hit her the other night but here she was caring and nursing him, while her sister who’d been the one that had ran over him had gone for a meeting.

‘I’ll have to help you walk, can I’? she wanted holding his hands.

‘Yes you can’ he felt amused, did she just ask for permission to hold his hand?

‘Here we go’ Sophia smiled and placed her hand in his. Their eyes suddenly glued together as tiny sparks passed from their hands that was firmly gummed together.

His whole body was on fire, he had never felt this way before, everything was new for him. His eyes stayed on hers and he felt her pain instantly, the depth of her brown eyes were clouded by grief, he could read her sadness, he could hear her thoughts.

‘We have to go now’ Sophia looked away, she was scared of looking into his eyes.

‘Yes we have to’ Lekan obeyed. ***

Barbie had arrived Oscar’s house, he’d dropped the key somewhere so she could get into the house.
Thankfully Sophia had been in the house with Kachi, so the handsome man she’d hit was in good hands.
She couldn’t believe it, so Oscar was finally hers?

‘What do we have here’? she pulled the fridge open and searched for something she could drink, she was famished.
She fetched a jug of orange juice and poured herself some, the drink laced her tongue with its sweetness.
‘Yummy’ she licked her lips and reached out to the other side of the table to pick her phone, someone was calling.
Definitely, it was her sister, maybe she’d called to give her information on the condition of the guy, she prayed he was alright. Now wasn’t the right time for things to go wrong in her life, she had Oscar and he promised to help her get a good job, everything was beautiful in her world.

‘Hello Soph, how is his condition’? She spoke without looking at the caller identity.

‘It’s not Sophia’ Benet’s baritone danced in her ear drum.

‘Oh, good evening Benet, how can I help you’? she grimaced, she had to put him in his place, this wasn’t the time for him either, she didn’t want anyone coming between her and Oscar.
‘You promised to call me, I miss you Barbie, I want to feel your body, I want to get my hands all over you’ his voice was husky with emotion.

‘Stop it Benet, just hold it right there’ she dropped her glass and fingered her hair.
‘I don’t understand you Barbs, what’s wrong, you’ve been acting all different’ Benet was taken aback by her harshness.

‘Hey don’t Barbs me okay? I don’t want us to see each other anymore, it’s over Benet, go find yourself another chic’ she fired at him.

‘Over? What’s over? You can’t do that to me, I just wiped my bank account to make you happy. Barbie have I offended you in any way’? he asked.

‘No you haven’t, and if it’s the shoes you want, I’ll return them tomorrow, I don’t love you Benet, just go, okay? You’ll find someone who cares’ Barbie replied.

‘No, I can’t be with someone else, you’re the woman for me’ He was shocked.
He suddenly felt weak, like all energy had been sapped from him.

‘Then I’m sorry, goodbye Benet’ she drawled.

‘Wait’ he begged, something was going on. Barbie’s behavior was quite strange.

‘Are you in love with someone else’? he asked.

‘That’s none of your business, but if you must know, Oscar is better than you ten times over at everything, goodbye Ben’ she brought the call to an end. The blasting of the horn alerted her of Oscar’s presence.
She rushed out to meet with him.

‘Welcome honey, I miss you so much’ Barbie smiled and rushed to meet him.

‘My love, sorry I kept you waiting’ Oscar slid out of the car.

‘So how was work? What did you client say’? She asked.

‘Fine, everything is fine, you look exhausted, are you okay’? Oscar inquired and lifted her face to have a better look at her. She looked pale and scared.

‘I had an accident, I hit a guy’ Barbie replied.

‘Jeez, are you okay? Is he okay’? he asked.

‘Yes, Sophia is caring for him’ Barbie nodded.

‘Oh, fine,let’s go inside, I bought us dinner’ he led the way.
moreeeeee pls moreeee
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Marchborn123: 12:25pm On Aug 06, 2017
More plsssss
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Nuellaluv(f): 12:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
officialflex:
moreeeeee pls moreeee
Hello sis, do you really have to quote the whole update just to comment. You are way bigger than what you just did.
Ediye your story is blowing my mind it from its place, mbok i need more update.
Akwa ibom isong oooooo

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Nuellaluv(f): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
officialflex:
moreeeeee pls moreeee
Hello sis, do you really have to quote the whole update just to comment. You are way bigger than what you just did.
Ediye your story is blowing my mind from its place, mbok i need more update.
Akwa ibom isong oooooo

2 Likes

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by bimberry1307(f): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
officialflex:
moreeeeee pls moreeee
Hey, next time please just click on reply button. OK?
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by MissRelly: 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
Aunt Rose,weldone,u are good but pls don't let Barbara take Lekan away from Sophia she has suffered alot from dat girl ABEG
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by officialflex(f): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2017
bimberry1307:

Hey, next time please just click on reply button. OK?
ok like am ur kid sis ryt hunn, ok like u ar my mum ryt... dont even start all those y do u av to quote all the story shit in my ear cos wat u just said is pissing me off, someone bfor you already talked in a way matured and sensible way, we all av our way of grabbing attention the suspense made me do that so i dont need likea of you to talk to me like u are some kind of my grandma or aunty or whatever u think u are to me. Hey ,next time please just mind ur business or talk in a less diminishing way. OK?
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by teanumi(f): 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
officialflex:
ok like am ur kid sis ryt hunn, ok like u ar my mum ryt... dont even start all those y do u av to quote all the story shit in my ear cos wat u just said is pissing me off, someone bfor you already talked in a way matured and sensible way, we all av our way of grabbing attention the suspense made me do that so i dont need likea of you to talk to me like u are some kind of my grandma or aunty or whatever u think u are to me. Hey ,next time please just mind ur business or talk in a less diminishing way. OK?
I can see sense is far from u

4 Likes

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Queensiju: 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
Barbie doll, nawa for you ooo. Sophie,just keep up the good work.
Thanks for the update ma.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by officialflex(f): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2017
teanumi:
I can see sense is far from u
nope u are d one suffering from bad humour, a functionless brain and a demoralized faculty of thinking. you got the wrong person jobless she goat, go control ur fam am not one of the. Opening ur maggot filled mouth to tell me wat to do hiding behind some cheap phone with less than 100mb to vent the anger of ur stressed life on me, all of u that think u are smart always end up been the dumb one , go get a life and stop bossing around in a place people are catching there fun. text back so u can cry OK?
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by boosiryormi(f): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2017
pls ma, the update is becoming too slow. i am dying to knw wat happened next. plssssssssssssss continue with the story.pls ma, the update is becoming too slow. i am dying to knw wat happened next. plssssssssssssss continue with the story.pls ma, the update is becoming too slow. i am dying to knw wat happened next. plssssssssssssss continue with the story.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by bimberry1307(f): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
officialflex:
well if you decide to be as childish as you've just proved to be, you'll get the same reply. Just grow up, OK? And please don't mention me again.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
The drive to Lekan’s house was longer than she’d expected. They were both silent and had nothing to say to each other.
The wind was cool, it pushed the trees hard and the leaves grew wings and flew across the street.

‘Which way do I go’? Sophia asked as they neared his house.

‘That way’ he replied, still mesmerized by what had taken place at her house. Her eyes truly held so much power.

‘You don’t like my friend’ Sophia had sensed the tension between Kachi and Lekan.

‘Why would you say that’? Lekan glanced at her.

‘Well, I walked into the parlor and I caught you staring daggers at her’ Sophia replied hoping for an answer.

‘Well, your friend insulted me, maybe I deserved it, I promise to act nice when next I see her for your sake’ he smiled.

‘For her sake’? his words made her feel a bit special.

‘That’s my house, drive towards the ash gate’ he pointed at the structure.

‘Oh, it’s so beautiful, you live here’? Sophia was amazed, she stepped down from the car and admired the whole building.
It was a modern day Taj Mahal.
‘Yea I live here’ Lekan loved the way her eyes glistened under the moonlight.

‘Let’s go inside, my doctor should be waiting’ he waited for her response.

‘Oh my God, you have roses? They always smell so nice’ she rushed to the little garden of roses.

‘Yes, I do have roses’ Lekan muttered to himself, he was happy she could relax in his presence.

‘Uhmmm, I think I should go now, it’s already late’ Sophia looked up suddenly.

‘Is that what you want’? he walked up beside her, he enjoyed her company.

‘Yes’ she felt aware of his presence.

‘Okay, let me have your number, we need to keep in touch as we have unfinished business’ he winked.

‘Yes’ Sophia nodded and called her number loud for him.

‘Thanks’ he patted her shoulder.

‘Olalekan? Is that you’? Mrs Olaitan walked towards them.

‘Is that your mother’? Sophia asked

‘No, she’s my housekeeper, I live alone’ he replied and pulled her from the garden.

‘Good evening Mrs Olaitan’ Lekan smiled at the old woman.

‘Good evening Ma’m’ Sophia added.

‘Good evening pretty girl’ Mrs Olaitan smiled at the plump black beauty.

‘She saved my life, her name is Sophia’ he introduced the two women.

‘God bless you child, I am happy you took care of Lekan, he’s all I have, if anything happened to him, I could never forgive myself’ the old woman became emotional and got Sophia wondering where his parents where.

‘I am fine madam’ Lekan was amazed by the woman’s words.

‘I have to go now Lekan, do take care of yourself’ Sophia smiled and walked towards her car.

‘Thanks very much Soph, I’ll call you’ he waved at her.

‘Bye’ she smiled and pressed her hands on her chest, he called her ‘Soph’, that made her feel so special.

‘Who is she’? Mrs Olaitan couldn’t miss the excitement in Lekan’s voice.

‘I just told you, she saved my life’ Lekan replied knowing what the woman was getting at.

‘You lie, she’s your lover’ Mrs Olaitan insisted as they both walked back to the house.

He smiled to himself, this old woman really cared for him, maybe it was time for him to let go of his painful past. His mother must have died by now, he had to let go the memory of his mother. He had to move on with his life.

‘Angels we have heard on high, singing sweetly o’er the plains’ The woman hummed the carol.

‘I am sorry I asked you to take down the Christmas decorations’ Lekan apologized.

‘My child, did you really think I would remove them?’ the woman grinned.

‘So you didn’t’? Lekan chuckled.

‘Everybody likes Christmas’ she simply retorted.
The weekend had gone and Monday had knocked on their doors a bit too early. The cool harmattan breeze whirled dry leaves and left dust on the roof of people’s houses. Carols blasted from loud speakers and people bumped into each other as each hurried to prepare for Christmas.
Kachi had woken up earlier than usual, she hadn’t spoken to Sophia yet but she planned to call later to catch up on Lekan, but she was sure of one thing, the man was okay if not, she would’ve received a distress call from Sophia.

‘You have to look your best girl, you should get ready to mingle soon’ she brushed her hair and sang to her reflection. She knew sooner or later Sophia would end up with Lekan, she just had a hunch, they looked good for each other.
She’d seen the sparks that flew between them as they stared at each other that night, that was not just chemistry, they were meant for each other.
She dashed into the bathroom to prepare for work, she had a lot of clients that had booked her for Monday.
Minutes later she came out alive; wore light make up and a short bubble gown and left for work.

‘Good Christian men rejoice…’ she hummed as she observed the traffic rules, Christmas was really in the air. Years back she would’ve loved more than anything but to travel to Uyo where her family resided, but she decided to stay right in Lagos with her friend Soph, she needed space from her mother who would constantly ask her about her love life. She was done with men, she had decided to take some time off.

‘Here we go’ she fired her engine as the traffic light transformed to green. She hadn’t driven for ten minutes when something hit her car, the impact was so strong so she’d decided to bring the car to a halt.

‘What the hell is that’? she peered into her rearview mirror and was shocked at who she’d seen, had he hit her car? She panicked as she had no money to spend on the corolla.

What was he doing here?

‘Kachi….’ Benet stepped down from his car and walked up to her. He knew how much Kachi hated him for breaking up with Sophia years back.

‘What did you do to my car’? she ignored his smiling face and observed her car, thankfully, it was in good shape.

‘I am sorry, I was rushing to the embassy, I have a Visa appointment’ he informed her, since Barbie had broken up with him during the weekend he’d decided to return overseas.

‘Well, my car is in good shape, have a nice day looser’ Kachi grunted and walked away from him.
‘Wait Kachi, I know you hate me but I’m sorry I did that to your friend, she deserved it you know’ Benet started.

‘Are you kidding me? What did she deserve’? Kachi was forced to look at him.

‘She was cheating on me with some guy, I know this for sure, but she’s cool with me, I went over her house and she acted good, so there shouldn’t be bad blood between you and I, who knows where we’ll meet in future’? he asked.

‘Seriously? I am curious though, who told you she cheated, I’ll like to know that sucker’s name’? she placed one hand on her waist while studying him. He was such a betrayer, he had the guts to date Barbie.

‘I can’t tell you that, but just know she did’ he couldn’t expose Barbie.

‘Well then Benet, we can never be friends’ Kachi bit her lip and pulled open the car.
‘Does it matter? That’s the past’ Benet added.

‘Well it does to me, I’ll like to know the bastard that lied about my friend, and so you know, Sophia is a virgin, I don’t even know why I’m talking to you. You just ruined my morning’ she felt like punching his head.

‘Virgin? Barbie told me she cheated with some guy’ his lips betrayed him.

‘Barbie? As in Barbara, Sophia’s sister’? Kachi closed back the door and stayed focused on him.

‘Yes, I believed her’ Benet replied still pondering on Kachi’s words.

‘God, so that’s why you guys dated, she lied on her sister and got you to date her, how smart and sickening.’ Kachi was appalled by the mere thought of Barbie.

‘Are you saying she lied to me’? Benet couldn’t believe his ears.

‘Of course, Barbie can lie to get anything, she probably used you, well you should really apologize to Sophia for ending things with her that way. you really hurt her’ Kachi shook her head in disappointment.

‘I am no longer seeing Barbie, I don’t know if this would help. She broke up on me, says she has this new guy, Oscar, so I have no business with her’ Benet explained.

‘Oscar’? maybe she didn’t hear well.

‘Yes, do you know him’? Benet asked.

‘No, thanks, I have to be on my way now’ Kachi was confused, could Barbie actually be going out with Oscar? Was that even possible? Could she be that cruel?

‘Wait, let’s exchange numbers, you may want to come to the states someday’ he winked.

‘Oh yea’ she handed him her phone absent mindedly. If Barbie had the guts to date Oscar then she could kill.

‘Thanks, have a good day Kachi and Merry Christmas’

‘Same to you Benet, thanks a million’ she waved at him and drove off.

‘Should I tell her or should I tell her not’? Kachi contemplated the two options.
How would Sophia handle it, would she even believe her? Barbie was a devil and she needed to be exposed but she had to tread carefully as Sophia loved Barbie with her life.

She didn’t know why, but she suddenly found herself heading towards Oscar’s house.
The weekend was finally over and there was a lot of work to do for the shop, and she still had to find some money to pay Lekan’s lawyer. She prayed he’d listened to her, fine, she’d done a good deed by helping him that night, but that wasn’t an assurance that he’d forget about what she’d done to his car.
The weekend had been a bit lonely without her sister, Barbie hadn’t been home, she couldn’t wait to meet Barbie’s new heartthrob that had stolen her sister away from her.
She yawned and spiraled from one side of the huge bed to the other side, then her phone rang, definitely it had to be Kachi. Sometimes she felt hurt that her sister didn’t care much for her like she did, but she still loved her anyway.
‘Kachi goodmorning, missing you, please come over let’s find a name for my restaurant’ Sophia yawned.
The rich bass that replied jerked her out of bed.

‘Hello Soph, it isn’t Kachi, and I am standing right outside you door, we have to talk’

‘Oh no’ she mouthed the words as she rushed for her toothpaste, Lekan had come to the house, why didn’t he call her the night before? Why did he feel he was some god who could bump into people just like that.

‘Okay Lekan, I’ll be there soon’ she cut the call and took a deep breath. How could he see her like this?
They were black rings beneath her eyes, she’d forgotten to use the hair net and her hair tangled like they hadn’t been combed in a long while. Her breath was stale from the night’s sleep and she had to do something about it.

She’d just finished rinsing out the tooth paste when he’d called again.

‘I’m coming’ She said and threw the phone on the bed and moved over to her ward robe to get a good dress.
She’d thrown five dresses on the bed then she suddenly stopped and smiled to herself, why was she acting crazy?
‘What am I doing’? she chuckled. She acted like a school girl who was about to see her crush.
Well that was exactly what it was, she was having a crush on Lekan, she knew it would fade off soon.
‘There you are’ she smiled at the mirror feeling a bit confident as Barbie’s top fitted her perfectly.
The doctor had examined him during the weekend and had assured him he was fine. He had no other choice but to pay Sophia a visit and thank her for her kindness; but deep down he felt like he was deceiving himself, he was actually looking forward to seeing her again. He yearned to be her friend, to be close to her and it bothered him, but it felt good nevertheless.

He had come to tell her not to repair his car, that wasn’t necessary. He was mad no doubt, but he had other cars and could afford to buy another one.

‘Women’ he inhaled the roses he’d plucked from the garden. Why did she have to waste time like this?

At that point, the door flung wide open and she flashed him a smile that warmed his inside, she was even more beautiful in the morning.

‘Goodmorning Lekan’ Sophia smiled, she fought to control her swirling insides, why did she feel this uneasy with him?

‘I brought this for you beautiful, remember you told me you loved roses’ he handed them the flowers.
‘Thanks so much’ she smiled shyly.
It reminded her of all the romantic movies and books she’d ever read.

‘Did I wake you from sleep’? her eyes weren’t bright he noticed.

‘Oh no, I’m fine,’ she smacked her lips.

‘Good, thanks once again for saving my life, the doctor says I am perfectly fine’ he informed her.

‘I am sorry I should’ve called to find out how you’re doing’ she felt bad for not checking up on him.

‘Thanks so much’ he still couldn’t believe he’d hit such a nice woman.

‘Welcome’ she replied still avoiding his eyes. He looked regal in a blue shirt and blue denim. His hair was perfect and black. His eyes still held their alluring attribute and his curvy lips were still sensual, she suddenly felt like kissing him.

‘Uhmmm, have you had breakfast’? she suddenly asked, a bit to distract her thoughts.

‘Nope, do you want to feed me’? his voice was dangerous.

‘I am not your mother’ she tried sounding funny instead she noticed a pain that flashed in his eyes.

‘Okay nice’ he smiled, it sounded like she rejected him and it really hurt.

‘About my car, forget it, you saved my life Sophia, I’m still sorry for hitting you’he was truly sorry.

‘For real? Thank you so much Lekan’ she walked up to him and hugged him in excitement. That means she could finally focus on opening her restaurant.

‘welcome dear’ his hands encircled her as he inhaled her feminine smell, the way she hugged him made him feel alive, it sealed the hole that had filled him for a long time, it reminded him of his mother.

The buzzing of his phone brought him back to reality and he knew it was time to let her go.
‘I am sorry about that’ Sophia recovered from what had just taken place.

‘Hello Ade’ he pointed a finger at her.
‘Boss goodmorning, I saw your missed calls earlier, sorry I had a case this morning’ he said.

‘Oh, I called to inform you to forget the case concerning my bashed car’ Lekan’s eyes focused on her as she walked towards the table.
She wasn’t too tall, her skin was dark and blazed like fine clay. It was her round behind that caught his attention and he felt blood rise in him as he imagined her naked.

‘Boss but why? We already agreed on this thing, she had already signed the documents, is this necessary’? Ade wondered why Lekan had suddenly changed his mind.

‘Just forget it, I’ll send you some money for the discomfort. Goodbye Ade’ he peeled his eyes from her body and dropped them on the floor.

‘Okay Boss, thanks a million’ Ade cheered up, at least Lekan would still give him some reward.

‘That was my Lawyer, I’ve told him to forget about everything’ Lekan explained as she brought a tray filled with coffee and biscuits for him.

‘Wow that’s nice, you don’t know how happy you’ve made me’ she smiled and flashed a dimple.

‘You’re really beautiful Soph’ he found himself staring at her yet again, what was wrong with him?

‘Thanks’ blood tweaked her cheeks.
She suddenly became very self conscious.

‘So can I ask you a question’? he decided to tease her.

‘Yes, what question’? she wondered why his eyes were filled with mischief.

‘Uhmmm, will you be my friend’? he winked and sipped from the mug.

‘Naughty you’ she chuckled, she began to loosen up with him.

‘Uhmmm, I’ll be your friend if you give me roses everyday’ she replied and this time he laughed.

‘What are you doing today? Are you working’? he asked.

‘No I am not but I’m planning to start up my own business’ she explained.

‘That’s nice. Beautiful and hardworking, all wrapped up in one, you’re amazing Sophia’ he admired her even more.
‘Don’t flatter me’ she lost appetite as she remembered her weight problem.

‘I am not flattering you, you’re very beautiful’ he dropped the mug and faced her.

‘I’m fat’ she blurted out and almost hit herself for such a fatal slip.

‘No Soph, you’re beautiful’ he rose to where she sat and took her hands in his.

‘You’re just saying that to make me feel better, you don’t have to say that. I’m not pretty or anything, my sister is the pretty one’ tears welled up her eyes.

‘Then you don’t know who you are’ he knew she wasn’t super model attractive but she had a good heart and a pure spirit and that was all that mattered to him.

The door opened and Barbie stepped into the house, the sight before caused her heart to stir enviously. She quickly recognized the stranger she had hit the other night, why did he stare at Sophia that way?

8 Likes

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
Morning lovelies! No fighting on Angel's thread! let's be cool. I appreciate your comments! Keep liking my Facebook page @Rose Akpabio's beautiful stories" I have numerous stories to share and to sell. Inbox me If you're interested!

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by bimberry1307(f): 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
Chai! Barbie the devil in human clothing is back. Why does she have to come in now, at that critical moment? mtcheew. Angelsss, thanks for the update.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
Waooooooooooooooooooooooo, thump up for you maam
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by YINKS89(m): 4:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Devil is back.... �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Divorced Housemates (Erotic, 18+) / The Wedding Night / Bloodline.......part One[ The Family].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.