Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Love Happened By Rose Akpabio - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio (92068 Views)

The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by kinah(f): 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
boosiryormi:
pls i want u to note that u will kill d spirit of reading if updates continue like this and i knw u wouldn't want to do that. so, pls hasten updates so as to keep d spirit flowing.

bro. check well o. her updates are frequent not like some writers. keep calm.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Sleyanya1(m): 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
Deji124:
Kill the spirit. dude u think it is easy to write a story and u think everybody has the luxury of sticking to the internet like u bro go take a chill pill.angelss pls anytime u are free pls try to update,

Must you say it that way? He wasn't even referring to you. FYI there are people who get glued to the internet and make good legit money out of it.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by bimberry1307(f): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2017
wizsolzy:

Thank you
this your kiss no be here o
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by wizsolzy(m): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
bimberry1307:

this your kiss no be here o

I imported it all d way from Italy

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by wizsolzy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
Chia dis story no allow me sock my garri

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by marianneada(f): 6:14pm On Aug 12, 2017
U're a great writer, well done ma.

As for Barbie, Karma is on the way!
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by marianneada(f): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kimkardashain:
Angelss welcum,and weldne the story is gonna be a long ride,
queenitee,mhizgap,marianneada,Evajael,kimberlyWest,oya cum oh, jane1234f,Toyin223,jagugu88li frnt seat is 4 us.
kyliespicer, oya waka cum here
I don land dear, thanks for d invitation smiley
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
Angelsss you are a good writer....pls update the suspense is killing me.

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Marchborn123: 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
After she go begin call me oliver twist,abeg quick update joor d suspense fit weak pisin oo.

3 Likes

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:40pm On Aug 13, 2017

‘Baby, are you okay’? Barbie rushed into his office wondering why there was such a large crowd.

‘Thank God you made it here darling, you were the only one I could call Barbie’ Oscar rose up to meet her.

‘What happened? Why are there so many people outside your company’? she breathed down his neck.
‘Barbie I don’t know how to tell you this, but I got a huge loan two years ago and for some time now, my company hasn’t been doing well, so I had no other option but to sack some workers and if I don’t pay up soon, the bank would close me down’ Oscar explained staring closely at her.

‘Seriously’? Maybe she hadn’t heard right.

‘Yea, why would I be kidding’? he wondered.

‘So why did you have to tell me? I’m not your business partner’ she wondered if he was going to ask her for money.
She smiled to herself, this was yet another sign, that Lekan was hers. God knew her heart desires and God had granted them unto her.

‘I love you Barbie and I know you love me’ he paused not knowing why she was so aloof.

‘Love you say? You know why I actually came to your office’? she had not time to pretend with him, she just had to leave him and focus on Lekan.

‘Why dear’? he was a bit hurt that she didn’t care much about his business even after telling her what happened, she acted very indifferent.

‘I think I made a mistake by coming after you like that, though my sister cheated on you with Benet, I had no right to have an affair with you, I feel like I betrayed her, so I came here to end things between us officially. I think we should stop seeing each other’ she rose to her feet.

‘What? Why? But you said you loved me’? this was unbelievable
‘Well, you better believe it. Sorry Oscar but I don’t think we were ever meant to be’ she turned and walked towards the door.

‘Kachi was right about you, you couldn’t even pretend’ he felt like smashing his head into the wall.
Hours after he’d left for work, Kachi’s words haunted him, he had known Kachi for two years and she wasn’t the nosy type or someone who cooked up lies.
he had decided to test Barbie and see if truly she was after his money.

‘Excuse me’? Barbie swirled around.

‘Sorry to disappoint you, my company isn’t having any problems, those people you see outside have come because of the promo we’re hosting; I decided to use this opportunity and test you, so this is how you would’ve walked out of my life if I lost my wealth? Tell me Barbie, did Sophia really cheat on me or you cooked up lies to break us apart’? Oscar thundered angrily.

‘I don’t know what you’re talking about’ she was taken aback, how did he know of her plan? Kachi had to be dealt with.

‘Did you ever go out with Benet’? Oscar asked.

‘Listen up Oscar, I don’t know who fed you with lies about me, but it’s over between us, just accept it, you could go back to Sophia, she would always take you back. Ciao’ she blew him a kiss and walked out.

‘Shit! I’m done for, how could I have been so stupid’? regret coursed through him. He’d acted like a real fool.
Now he took time to consider the issue, why had Barbie been in a rush to ‘proof’ that Sophia was cheating? Why had he listened to her? Why had she insisted they kept their affair a secret?

‘But she seemed so convincing’ Oscar mouthed the words. No, he wouldn’t take this, he couldn’t be defeated.

Barbie had played him for a fool and he would blow her cover, but he was quite sure of one thing, Sophia would never take him back, he wouldn’t even try to win her love, he’d thrown a good woman away and he would regret it with his whole life. But one thing was sure, Barbie had to pay.

He still wondered why someone as beautiful as that would be so devilish in nature?

‘She has a boyfriend’ he’d repeated the words a million times as he wiped his brush over the canvas.
Hours had passed, morning had danced away, the noon had fled only the evening stayed with him.
He knew he was acting crazy, he hadn’t known her for long yet he felt like they were meant to be together.
He’d returned from her place feeling sad and lonely, so he’d decided to paint after long hours of sleep.

Painting was the right distraction for him, he’d tried painting inanimate scenes but nothing seemed to work.
Then he’d closed his eyes, he’d forced out the songs of the cricket, the voice of the birds and the hauling of the wind.
He’d forced everything out, all the pain he felt knowing she had someone special in her life. He needed to drink from the river of inspiration.

He had expected to see something else, maybe the face of the little beggar he’d yelled at the other day or something else, but there she was, smiling down at him, this time her eyes weren’t sad but bright with love and laughter.

He snapped out of his reverie and fetched his brush, maybe painting her would help him. He decided to draw the woman that enslaved his thoughts, this new found obsession of his.

He hadn’t forgotten about the Art Gallery show at Abuja, he decided to paint her first, he would paint her like he imagined her.

‘You’ll be so beautiful when I am finished’ he smiled and dipped the edge of the paint brush into the oil paint.

Her brows were bushy like he remembered, her eyes were bright and alluring, it was her lips that attracted him most and he wished to kiss her, even if it happened once.
He had been able to capture her beautiful face. The pounding on the studio door unsettled him and he decided to continue later.

‘Your food is ready Lekan’ Mrs Olaitan called out to him.

‘I’ve heard you’ he opened the door.

‘You have such gifted hands child’ she stepped into the studio and was amazed by his expertise.
‘Only I’m not Ben Carson’ he replied.

‘Your mother was always such a beauty, you’ve captured her well Lekan’ the old woman felt the painting.

‘I wish she were here with me’ he voiced out his feeling for the first time.

‘I wish same too’ the old woman smiled ruefully.

The new painting caught her attention and she walked to observe it, the face was familiar, she felt strongly she’d met this other woman before.

‘isn’t this the lady that saved your life’? the painting was absolutely lovely.

‘Yes, Sophia’ Lekan wondered if he was doing the right thing allowing Mrs Olaitan into his studio.

‘You like her, I saw it that night, she seems like a good girl’ Mrs Olaitan said.

‘Why would you think I like her? Because I painted her face’? Lekan chuckled softly.

‘there’s nothing to be ashamed of if you love someone’ The woman knew he was hiding someone, there was a way Lekan had stared at the young woman.

‘I don’t love her’ Lekan replied.

‘You’re lying, okay, maybe love isn’t the word, but you do feel something for her’ the woman clasped her hands together and faced him.

‘She has a boyfriend’ Lekan scoffed.

‘Oh, I see why you’re being so defensive’the woman smiled and walked over to him.

‘Let me ask you a question Lekan, be totally honest with me’ she began.

‘Okay…’ he waited for her question.

‘Do you think she likes you’? the woman asked.

‘Maybe she does, I did something really bad to her, I was really hoping we could be friends’ He wished he hadn’t hit her that night.

‘Fine. If you go to a boutique and you see this very nice watch you love and they tell you it’s too expensive, what would you do about it’? the woman asked.

‘I’ll return home and fetch enough money and get It for myself’ he replied wondering where her question led.

‘Good. Sophia isn’t married thankfully, so I suggest you fight for her love’ The woman suggested.

‘How’? he lifted a brow, he wasn’t liking the mischievous gleam in the old woman’s eyes.
‘Make her trust you. She must have something that bothers her, make her feel comfortable talking to you. That’s the first step’ the woman patted his shoulder and walked out.

‘Trust me’? he scratched his chin thoughtfully, how on earth would he do that? Well, he had never backed out of a challenge, he decided to paint some more before having dinner.

‘Now I’m sure of what I want, I think I want to be with you’ he spoke to the painting as he painted her chubby neck, then his brush made a way down to create her breasts. In that moment, he wished he had more than imagination as he remembered the gentle sway of her hips.

A week had passed and she still hadn’t heard a thing from Lekan, he wondered if she had done anything to offend him. What made her feel worse was that her thoughts were filled with him.

‘Barbie has Lekan called you since then’? Sophia looked across her sister who lay across the other side of bed.

‘Of course, he says he really likes me but we should take things slow’ Barbie lied, she did that deliberately to scare her sister off because it was obvious Sophia liked him.
She had tried his number severally but either it wasn’t reachable or it was switched off but she wouldn’t give up, she had her plans. One of these days she would pay him a visit in his office.

‘Wow, how nice of him’ Sophia replied weakly feeling disappointed and hurt.

‘Yes dear sister, I’m just going through his facebook profile’ Barbie said.

‘That’s nice’ Sophia slipped out of bed, she needed to fetch some alcohol though she rarely drank, but getting drunk was the best thing she could do to drown her sorrows. So Lekan had completely ignored her?
Kachi was wrong, he loved Barbie.

‘You should see this’ Barbie could see the hurt on her sister’s face but she didn’t care, that man was meant for her and no one else.

‘Oh? Nice painting. Flowers, very beautiful’ Sophia adored the artwork.

‘Lekan painted them, he is a lover of arts from what his profile says, maybe I should buy him a painting to win him over’ She flashed a wicked smile.

‘Good idea, let me get something to drink’ Sophia walked to the parlor. She had never felt this hurt before. Oscar had hurt her but she didn’t feel this pained. It was very surprising for her, it was like she never loved Oscar, why else did she get over him that quickly?

Maybe Lekan wasn’t meant for her, even if he was, she couldn’t hurt Barbie by sharing an interest for the same man as her sister’s.
She hadn’t seen Barbie being so crazy about any man like Lekan, they had to be, so she had to back off.

She checked her phone idly, no missed calls, no texts, nothing. She peered out at the evening sun which had turned dark orange.
She poured herself a glass of wine, she would call her bestie later but for that moment, she needed to breathe, she needed to forget Lekan and move on with her life.
‘Peaches’ she chuckled as the wine got to her, he’d made her feel so special for few seconds, no man had ever made her feel that way.
Beneath his arrogant features, he owned such a beautiful heart, he apologized for the way he’d treated her; that spoke volumes about his personality, he was a good man.

‘He even gave me roses’ Sophia sobbed.

‘Roses not lilies’ she repeated and picked up her buzzing phone, someone had finally called.

‘Kachi …’ she paused then looked at her phone once again.

‘Soph are you okay’?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Angelsss(f): 11:43pm On Aug 13, 2017

Lekan felt the pain that laced her voice, something wasn’t right. The week had been a very busy one for him, he had locked himself in his studio, a bit to complete his painting of the woman that plagued his thoughts.
The painting had finally been completed. So he’d decided to call her, while in his studio he’d made up his mind about her. He would seek her love, even if she had a boyfriend, he was ready to fight for her.

‘Oh Lekan good evening, good evening, I was just thinking about you’ she almost punched herself for exposing herself like that.

‘You thought about me?’ his heart raced, what a sweet way to start his evening.

‘Yes’ she smiled.
‘I thought about you too’ he wouldn’t lie.

‘Really? So why didn’t you call’? whenever she took some wine, she found herself to bolder than when she was sober.

‘Uhmmm, I’ve been working on something, so I have been very busy’ he wondered how she would feel if she ever saw the painting.

‘Nice’ she paused and searched the fridge for some ice, she needed to get sober before she said something stupid.

‘What are you doing right now Soph’? he asked gently, he felt like seeing her.

‘Nothing, I’m fine’ she belched and bit her lip.

‘Are you okay’? he’d heard the weird sound.

‘Yes, I mean no…’ she whispered.

‘Can I come over? I want us to hang out’ he asked and hoped she wouldn’t deny him of her request.

‘Oh no Lekan’ she felt like smacking her head into the wall.

‘Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were busy’ he was slightly hurt.

‘No, I’m not saying you shouldn’t come, just that I am feeling tipsy, I drank some wine…’ she trailed off hoping he’d understand.

‘Someone decided to be naughty eh?’ he teased her and fetched his car keys.

‘Stop, don’t capitalize on that’ she chuckled.

‘Aye aye captain, I’ll be there soon.’ He grinned boyishly and dashed into the bathroom.

‘Who was that’? Barbie’s voice pierced her thoughts and she turned abruptly.

‘Geez you scared me Barbara’ Sophia released her breath, she didn’t feel like hurting her sister, she knew how Barbie would feel if she told her Lekan had called her, so she decided to lie.

‘Kachi called, I was speaking to Kachi’ Sophia avoided her gaze.

‘Kachi called? Do you think I’m a fool Sophia? How long do you think I have been standing here’? so the fool had decided to call her sister? Yet he hadn’t returned her calls?

‘I can explain Barbs, you don’t have to be upset. Lekan called’ Sophia wasn’t liking the situation.

‘I damn well know who called, why would you be speaking to him? He likes me Soph, Me!’ Barbara advanced towards her sister.
‘You don’t have to raise your voice Barbs, it’s not like I’m going out with him or anything’ Sophia gulped her drink.

‘Just look at you, a ball of fat, you’re so fat and Ugly, what makes you think a man like Lekan would ever look your way’? Barbie sneered at her.

‘Barbara that’s a cruel thing to say to your sister’ tears dripped from her eyes, why would Barbie be this hurtful?

‘My sister? You’re not my sister bitch, you want to steal my man, from day one, Lekan had his eyes on me, why do you want to steal that’? Barbie hissed.
Inwardly she beamed as she saw the effect her words had on Sophia.

‘Stop saying that, stop calling me a bitch’ Sophia cried feeling worse.

‘If you really care about me like you say, pick up that phone, call Lekan and tell him you don’t want to see him anymore. Do it right now.’ Barbie ordered.

‘Fine, if that’s what you want, I shall call him’ Sophia felt terrible, moments ago, she had felt very excited talking to Lekan now she felt like a bad person.
Had Lekan really asked Barbie out?

‘I’m waiting’ she tapped her feet, hands akimbo.

‘His number isn’t going through’ Sophia responded and threw the phone aside.

‘Well try again’ Barbie ordered.

‘Come in’! she cried impatiently as someone pounded on the door.

‘It isn’t going through’ Sophia replied.

‘Is somebody home’? the door widened and Oscar stepped inside the house.

8 Likes

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Sleyanya1(m): 1:04am On Aug 14, 2017
Dammmmmn.... Shit just got crazzzzy.

Angelsss well-done oo

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Erudite202: 1:16am On Aug 14, 2017
Chen! Ghen!
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by YINKS89(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2017
Oscar..... shocked nawa ooo.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Nuellaluv(f): 7:24am On Aug 14, 2017
wizsolzy:
Chia dis story no allow me sock my garri
What about your bros ikombe I have miss you guys like mad
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by officialflex(f): 8:03am On Aug 14, 2017
chai aunty angel thank you oooo, this tory too sweet dieeee

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Countrygirl(f): 8:13am On Aug 14, 2017
Soph's inferiority complex is too extreme.
Oscar came at the right time, I hope he expose Barbie in lekans presence.
Thanks angelsss for the beautiful updates.

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by abefe99: 8:24am On Aug 14, 2017
unhmmm this is interesting please more update
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by afolabiwunmi: 9:12am On Aug 14, 2017
This update is like HONEY in my TEA, more grease to your elbow thumps uppppppp for you maam. Pls more more more moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeof it.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by wizsolzy(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
Nuellaluv:

What about your bros ikombe I have miss you guys like mad
He dey oooo he done carry well well yesterday..he dey sleep for buttom of tire

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by aprilwise(m): 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
I hate Barbie of a girl. she is so wicked.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by prisiliveth: 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
@less Barbie! thank God I don't have a sister. pls continue
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by baronky: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2017
Dis barbie is a devil , more update oooio
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by CaraJewel(f): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
but soph is a mumu sha quite annoying well its fiction
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by bimberry1307(f): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2017
yeps! see suspense! Angelsss honey, please dash Sophie sense small Abeg. Berbie, berbie! how many times did I call you? Karma is a bitch fa.

2 Likes

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by henrieternal2016(m): 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2017
i hv not read much of other people's work but PamelB, Larrysun, Angelss and Chumzypinky are my best. and i dont mean to compare......just my take....... fantastic update angelss, thumbs up for u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Countrygirl(f): 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2017
henrieternal2016:
i hv not read much of other people's work but Pa melB, Lar rysun, An gelss and Chu mzypinky are my best. and i dont mean to compare......just my take....... fantastic update angels, thumbs up for u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you are right! check out souloho19 stories.
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Nuellaluv(f): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
wizsolzy:
He dey oooo he done carry well well yesterday..he dey sleep for buttom of tire
what a pity abeg go wake am up
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by heemah(f): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2017
Ghen ghen!!! Suspeeeeeeenseeeeee!
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by amnik34: 7:19pm On Aug 14, 2017
y do u av 2 cm in nw oscar! dis suspence is killing me o
Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by cutediva87(f): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2017
wow I'm just imagining the next scene... its really going to be hoooooooot

1 Like

Re: Love Happened By Rose Akpabio by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2017
really enjoyed the episodes...Sophia they really fall my hand...Angelsss pls make Sophia to stand up against Barbie that her thing Don too much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

The Divorced Housemates (Erotic, 18+) / The Wedding Night / Bloodline.......part One[ The Family].

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.