Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,154 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood (50315 Views)

Man Added External Air Conditioner And Generator To His Car / Mechanic Killed In Adamawa As Tree Falls On His Car While He Was Working On It / PHOTOS: Police Assists Man Whose Vehicle Broke Down In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Sagay212: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2017
Oga carry your car go ladipo. You go surprise as correct mechanics go dey hustle to fix your car and they'll fix it well. All these stupid mechos forming educated and billing outrageous sums are psychos..

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by IsheriNorthGRA: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2017
Come to Isheri North and buy a land today. Don't allow Lekki annual flood ruin your happiness and comfort. Tomorrow might be too late.
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by victorazy(m): 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
heykims:
U took ur car to mecho that issues printed receipt, so what do u expect?
That's Lekki's charge..

That's what you think.

Don't pray your car to stop in stagnant water. My friend had the experience which damaged his Benz engine when it entered water.
Honda Crosstour is a expensive car and the engine must not be lower than 550k because of exchange rate.
Most electrical component may also be damaged like the brainbox etc. which can take up to N 150K.
Labor and logistic can take up to 100k, and vat grin u know naw as person living in Lekki. grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by kolaaderin: 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
I was once in your situation. when my 2008 Volkswagen passat got flooded 4 years ago it cost me over 500k to fix to perfection to which I was initially billed close to a million also here in lekki. I drop that my big boy at home and enter iyana itire myself to buy engine and gear complete to save over 400k and even with that it was soo painful I wish I could rewind time to avoid the incident all in all.

Sorry bro, its a crosstour, I will advice you import mechanics from ladipo, all those lekki mechanics are out to make futune out of ur misfutune.u could fix that car with 600k, with a good grade tokunbo engine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by younglleo: 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Just Kukuma use the money buy better Horse naaa

@least u nor go de carry the Horse go mechanic, if the horse Leg de pain am

U fit still chop am if u hungry , so both ways u nor go loose embarassed
wat a wicked world..!!!!! undecided
pyyxxaro:

wat a wicked world..!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by SouthWestBlood(m): 1:26pm On Jul 10, 2017
muller101:
He should just pay. Then keep same amount for next year's flood.

Loool.
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by piagetskinner(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2017
he's replacing the entire engine that's y its that expensive....

if it was an engine overhaul it would cost much less

2 Likes

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by mark2sunny(m): 1:34pm On Jul 10, 2017
Boleyndynasty2:

so as a billionaire you'll just spend money anyhow? I don't think he'll be a billionaire spending money on any and everything just like that.

Can we just get started
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by histemple: 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
kingsilly:
Sey no insurance ontop the Car...make e forward bill to his insurance company

Unfortunately some people don't bother about insurance. In fact, they regard it as a waste of money. So sad.
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by tonquendo4u(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
Bring it to Ladipo
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Advanz(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2017
I taya 4 sum pple evry fukin tin dey go carryam cum online who dis 1 help abeg.
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Mezurum01: 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
The price of the engine depends on the vehicle make and year model. Some models and more expensive than that. Am a mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by okanlawon94(m): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
tongue can someone tell me the difference btw lekki n ijora badia when flood takeover
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by midayy(f): 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2017
He better sell it as scrap and get another one
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
sauceEEP:
You sure say no be gazzuzz?

no its not me, but bill seems pretty decent.

4 Likes

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by mykel25(m): 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
The engine oil price showed he wanna scam him.... Forget about bn fully synthetic... Our weather has oil spec and it's not that expensive.... I was looking for synthetic foreign oil for my Honda Crv b4 I made research n figured this out... Good to be an engineer sha
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Emokai3(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2017
the man should jst sell de car to spare parts dealers
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by lavenjcrown(m): 2:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
shebi na una won leave a swanky life

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by whizzyleejr(m): 2:07pm On Jul 10, 2017
Shey nah lamborghini you wan repair?? gringringringringrin better find 50k join am go buy muscle on jiji

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by AzorjiDavid: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2017
Can't see any car here only paper

C4Ltd:
grin
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by omoiyalayi(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2017
Funny comments everywia grin grin
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by aoshea18: 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2017
The car is a 2010 cross tour....apart from the engine...everything on that bill is in order....call to find out how much the engine is yourself...
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by doskie(m): 2:27pm On Jul 10, 2017
pyyxxaro:

funny guy

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by kingreign(m): 2:36pm On Jul 10, 2017
mykel25:
The engine oil price showed he wanna scam him.... Forget about bn fully synthetic... Our weather has oil spec and it's not that expensive.... I was looking for synthetic foreign oil for my Honda Crv b4 I made research n figured this out... Good to be an engineer sha

if you're an Engineer, as claimed by you, i really doubt the qualifications your school gave to you, comments like yours are reasons institutions of reputable standings regard our graduates as half baked.

Go research better and stop spewing trash.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by babadee1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
NCANTaskForce:
Who do you think caused Lekki Flooding​?

Hit like for Buhari,

Share for Devil.

So what do I hit for Ambode? Cos neither Buhari nor Devil are in charge of drainage of Lekki roads.
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Vek2015: 2:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
HIQ is actually not a road side mechanica, besides engines for Honda crosstour is around N800k as shown
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Omotaday(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2017
Imagine, oil filter wey i dey buy 500 naira, na him dem call 3000. abi honda cross tour oil filter different from toyota corrola?
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by dotuna3(m): 2:47pm On Jul 10, 2017
pyyxxaro:

I tell you I laugh my ass out with this response of your grin grin grin

One of the crazy dude on loose

1 Like

Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by kingreign(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2017
Omotaday:
Imagine, oil filter wey i dey buy 500 naira, na him dem call 3000. abi honda cross tour oil filter different from toyota corrola?

what if i told you you're buying a fake oil filter at 500 naira?
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by laudate: 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2017
kolaaderin:
I was once in your situation. when my 2008 Volkswagen passat got flooded 4 years ago it cost me over 500k to fix to perfection to which I was initially billed close to a million also here in lekki. I drop that my big boy at home and enter iyana itire myself to buy engine and gear complete to save over 400k and even with that it was soo painful I wish I could rewind time to avoid the incident all in all.

Sorry bro, its a crosstour, I will advice you import mechanics from ladipo, all those lekki mechanics are out to make futune out of ur misfutune.u could fix that car with 600k, with a good grade tokunbo engine.

Good advice! Well said! cheesy
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by Abee79(m): 3:17pm On Jul 10, 2017
Nothing wrong with this bill, considering the model of the car, the type of repair and the address of OP grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Charged N953k By Mechanic After His Car Broke Down In Lekki Flood by sshalom(m): 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2017
This is the bill of life! Water don cause wahala o shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Innoson IVM G80 A Rebadged Chinese-Made BAIC BJ80 SUV? See The Similarities / Working On A Clients Car, An Then I Saw This / The Beast: 9 Things To Know About President Trump’s Inherited Limo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.