Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers (7011 Views)

Help With Wordpress Login / Help With Wordpress Login Issue / If You Can Delete A Page From Google, I Need Your Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2017
Hiding your WordPress login page its very important to prevent hackers from gaining access to the backend of your website, in this guide we are going to learn how to hide WordPress login page from hackers.

it's a simple process all we need to do is to install ithemes security plugins in your WordPress blog or website, the plugin comes with a lot of features but one the advance feature is to hide your login page that the wp-admin page, this is the page most hackers are looking for that they can use bots or SQL injection codes to generate random user and pass of your site to login so hiding the backend it's very important.

watch video on how to hide wordpress site from hackers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxTmR4g911g

How do i hide my WordPress login page from hackers?

Step one install itheme security plugin you can get the plugin here or search for ithemes security plugins on your WordPress dashboard and install it.

step two you click on advance features in the plugin and click hide wp backend and change it with any words that you can remember at any time or you save the link somewhere.

The final step you click update and with that your login page it's protected from hackers and you also need to add WordPress security login questions to make the site safer you can read how to add WordPress security questions here

read more here https://pauljumbo.com/how-to-hide-wordpress-login-page-from-hackers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by IamGobe(m): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2017
Woah!!.....doing it today

FTC grin
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2017
IamGobe:
Woah!!.....doing it today

Yes you should it's very important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 6:06am On Jul 11, 2017
securing your WordPress login page it's very important

pauljumbo:
Hiding your WordPress login page its very important to prevent hackers from gaining access to the backend of your website, in this guide we are going to learn how to hide WordPress login page from hackers.

it's a simple process all we need to do is to install ithemes security plugins in your WordPress blog or website, the plugin comes with a lot of features but one the advance feature is to hide your login page that the wp-admin page, this is the page most hackers are looking for that they can use bots or SQL injection codes to generate random user and pass of your site to login so hiding the backend it's very important.

Step one install itheme security plugin you can get the plugin here or search for ithemes security plugins on your WordPress dashboard and install it.

step two you click on advance features in the plugin and click hide wp backend and change it with any words that you can remember at any time or you save the link somewhere.

The final step you click update and with that your login page it's protected from hackers and you also need to add WordPress security login questions to make the site safer you can read how to add WordPress security questions here

read more here https://pauljumbo.com/how-to-hide-wordpress-login-page-from-hackers

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Emmysky(m): 6:26am On Jul 11, 2017
i didn't even know people weren't aware of the possibility. Anyway as for me, i use a plugin called "WPS Hide Login"

2 Likes

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by ibkgab001: 7:24am On Jul 11, 2017
Only for bloggers
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by TechPanda(m): 7:27am On Jul 11, 2017
What Is Wordpress?
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Heartmender1: 7:28am On Jul 11, 2017

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Mentorkaryhm(m): 7:31am On Jul 11, 2017
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Alexbrain(m): 7:34am On Jul 11, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 11, 2017
Yet another plugin??

Just FTP in and rename WPAdmin.

Done.

1 Like

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Dahiruhash(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2017
pauljumbo:

I want to sell my blog www.wikibanblog.com which is hosted on blogger and the domain will expire december.

last price N20,000

features of wikibanblog.com

This web site has:

240 post content

Mobile friendly

well labeled categories

i have never apply for adsense

If you are interested you can call me on 08030714546 or at accdahiru@gmail.com
For whatsapp 08035160744

last price N10,000
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by NollywoodNews24(f): 7:47am On Jul 11, 2017
I Iove this
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by SHOPPERS(m): 7:49am On Jul 11, 2017
Who can show me where to download good WordPress premium theme for free pls...
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by yomalex(m): 7:55am On Jul 11, 2017
Good tip
Need a Cool Website for your Business?
Contact Now 0 8 0 5 1 5 0 4 3 9 2
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by twosquare(m): 8:23am On Jul 11, 2017
For the editing and proofreading of your Long Essays, theses, books, novels, short stories, books, etc...Visit http://www.proofreadmybook.com
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by dwana91(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2017
Check different tech tutorials @ http://checkall.com.ng
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by leksmedia: 8:37am On Jul 11, 2017
Nice one, there are sets of plugins you need to install to keep your WordPress theme safe. Eg theme my login , ithemes , Also some theme automatically blocks a user after trying to log In for a specific number of times.

For your website design and blog design contact www.leksmediaconcept.com or call 08173091370
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by emtok(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2017
There is an app called Folowr on play store. It gets bloggers massive traffic inflow to their websites. You can check it up on play store

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2017
so how will the site's admin login into his/her blog? is it that the. /wp-admin gets changed into a customized name?
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Innov8ve1: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2017
what an interesting tip.
Check out our news blog www.naijadailyfeed.com
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by bedfordng(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2017
SHOPPERS:
just type the word on google And you will see more than what you bargained for

1 Like

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 9:47am On Jul 11, 2017
prettyboi1989:
so how will the site's admin login into his/her blog? is it that the. /wp-admin gets changed into a customized name?

you will be able to access wp-admin page with the name you use to change the link

for example site.com/wp-admin will now be site.com/hide
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by DANDeGENERAL(m): 9:50am On Jul 11, 2017
SHOPPERS:

just contact me...... 08051970303 and its done.. only buy me a bottle of coke. i will show you more than one way of getting it done
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Globalmoney: 10:00am On Jul 11, 2017
The truth is that this can also be done manually by changing the prefix "wp" to whatever you like at the point of installing WordPress. We should not forget the danger of installing too many plugins because most of these plugins are actually vulnerable to hackers too.

2 Likes

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2017
SHOPPERS:

Don't do it.

They always come with hidden "gifts".
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by hardon1(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2017
who knows how to go about the joomla equivalent (how it is done in joomla)
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 11, 2017
pauljumbo:

you will be able to access wp-admin page with the name you use to change the link

for example site.com/wp-admin will now be site.com/hide
alright cheers
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by easrael(f): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Yet another plugin??

Just FTP in and rename WPAdmin.

Done.

When you rename nko, how do you change the link to where you login?
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by spafu(m): 11:30am On Jul 11, 2017
a Pakistani did a poor job for my site www.netcept(dot)com(dot)ng Could the WordPress guru tell me how to improve it please?
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2017
I recommend Wordfence I use it to block Ips of suspicious visits

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? / How Long Does It Take Adsense To Mail Me With My Pin? / How Long Did You Wait For Adsense To Connect Ur Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.