Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,832 members, 7,806,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers (7009 Views)

Help With Wordpress Login / Help With Wordpress Login Issue / If You Can Delete A Page From Google, I Need Your Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
easrael:

When you rename nko, how do you change the link to where you login?

Not my job to educate you.

Figure it out.
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Globalmoney:
The truth is that this can also be done manually by changing the prefix "wp" to whatever you like at the point of installing WordPress. We should not forget the danger of installing too many plugins because most of these plugins are actually vulnerable to hackers too.

You are right about too many plugins
But itheme security does more apart from hiding your login page
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 6:29am On Jul 12, 2017
Emmysky:
i didn't even know people weren't aware of the possibility. Anyway as for me, i use a plugin called "WPS Hide Login"

Yes wps hide login is also a good plugin that will hide your login page
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by Bobody(m): 6:38am On Jul 12, 2017
BobodY was here. Nice write up @ OP
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 12:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
Bobody:
BobodY was here. Nice write up @ OP

Thanks bro
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by bedfordng(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
hmmm
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by jjjjj2017: 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
pauljumbo:
Hiding your WordPress login page its very important to prevent hackers from gaining access to the backend of your website, in this guide we are going to learn how to hide WordPress login page from hackers.

it's a simple process all we need to do is to install ithemes security plugins in your WordPress blog or website, the plugin comes with a lot of features but one the advance feature is to hide your login page that the wp-admin page, this is the page most hackers are looking for that they can use bots or SQL injection codes to generate random user and pass of your site to login so hiding the backend it's very important.

watch video on how to hide wordpress site from hackers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxTmR4g911g

How do i hide my WordPress login page from hackers?

Step one install itheme security plugin you can get the plugin here or search for ithemes security plugins on your WordPress dashboard and install it.

step two you click on advance features in the plugin and click hide wp backend and change it with any words that you can remember at any time or you save the link somewhere.

The final step you click update and with that your login page it's protected from hackers and you also need to add WordPress security login questions to make the site safer you can read how to add WordPress security questions here

read more here https://pauljumbo.com/how-to-hide-wordpress-login-page-from-hackers

God bless you, I'm doing that right away.
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
jjjjj2017:

God bless you, I'm doing that right away.

You are welcome

I hope you have done it now
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 7:55am On Jul 13, 2017
ibkgab001:
Only for bloggers

Not for bloggers only

Once you have a website on WordPress platform you can use it
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 8:41am On Jul 14, 2017
TechPanda:
What Is Wordpress?

Content management script for blogging
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by TechPanda(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
pauljumbo:

What Is Blogging grin
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by TechPanda(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
pauljumbo:

What Is Blogging grin
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by profpromise: 7:19am On Jul 15, 2017
Dahiruhash:

I want to sell my blog www.wikibanblog.com which is hosted on blogger and the domain will expire december.

last price N20,000

features of wikibanblog.com

This web site has:

240 post content

Mobile friendly

well labeled categories

i have never apply for adsense

If you are interested you can call me on 08030714546 or at accdahiru@gmail.com
For whatsapp 08035160744

last price N10,000

Naija Adsense Account Fully Available, Whatsapp me if interested

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by wordpressdony(m): 9:01pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello Dear!

If you need build a WordPress website, So you can hire me!

Contact Me: https:///4XXLFD

Thanks!
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 3:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
wordpressdony:
Hello Dear!

If you need build a WordPress website, So you can hire me!

Contact Me: https:///4XXLFD

Thanks!

Noted
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 10:01am On Jul 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Yet another plugin??

Just FTP in and rename WPAdmin.

Done.

yes thats true

1 Like

Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 6:11am On Jul 19, 2017
NollywoodNews24:
I Iove this

Thank you for loving this post
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 7:39am On Jul 20, 2017
Security of your website is very important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 8:07am On Jul 21, 2017
Adding security to your website is very important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2017
Security is very important for a website
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 8:46am On Jul 27, 2017
search for ithemes security and install it
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 6:18am On Jul 31, 2017
Security of your website is very important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 6:23am On Aug 03, 2017
Security of a website is very important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 5:10am On Aug 07, 2017
Security of a website very important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2017
Security of your website it's very important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 3:03pm On Aug 16, 2017
Security is very important for a website
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
Security is very important for a WordPress website
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 6:51am On Aug 21, 2017
Security for your website is important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
Security for WordPress is very important
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2017
Security very important for WordPress site
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by asad7868: 1:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
why should we need to hide?
Re: How To Hide Wordpress Login Page From Hackers by pauljumbo: 8:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
asad7868:
why should we need to hide?
to prevent hackers from accessing your blog login page

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Long Does It Take Adsense To Mail Me With My Pin? / Which Nigerian Web Host Do You Use? / How Long Did You Wait For Adsense To Connect Ur Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.