Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:53 PM

What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? (13561 Views)

My Screen Always Misbehave When Charging / The Best Phone To Buy With A Budget Of N40k? / My Spark 4 Has No Led When Charging. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by TundeSalamu(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
I was using Bae's L9 Plus over the weekend and when I plugged in, I removed the pouch to charge it. The kind of shocking sensation I felt was heavenly. I let it go. later, I was using it to make call and the phone gave this biting sensation on my ear.
I have a whatsapp group for people with phone issues, so I asked others who use L9 plus whether they experience such and they said not at all. So I confirmed the fault is not from Tecno cos even at that, the charger is still brand new.
I was really confused why. Then some people who use blackberry q10 and iphone also confirmed that same happens to them.

Please what's the cause of this?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by paolokonqueror(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2017
Lol man phone shocking is a bad thing tho could lead to dangerous things. I always try to use original charger
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by chicwoman(f): 12:51pm On Jul 10, 2017
Has to do with the charging point. It's not the phone that's causing the problem.

1 Like

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Ejadike(m): 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2017
I've had similar experience before. Even my shoulder socket is still aching me till now cos of the shock i had. I think it's the fault of the charger or charging port. It has nothing to do with any phone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by MarkWayne89: 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2017
It's definitely the charging port. Be very careful with these shocks, since they can be very dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by omoh17(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2017
Can b d charger
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Homeboiy: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
As a phone tech
Bring it to my shop let me check it

2 Likes

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by djmask(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2017
I use L9 plus... And I experience that. It's just a light shocking feeling. Like the phone is moving steadily on one's hand... Had it been it's a plastic cover, it wont be noticed. Maybe it's the fast charge ability, I have no idea

2 Likes

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Ennyholar: 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2017
Bad charger is the number one culprit...I use a CAMON CX with full metal body and it does shock while charging.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by salford1: 7:11am On Jul 11, 2017
if you indeed got an electric shock, you better throw your charger or phone away before it kills you....if the shock goes through your heart...that is the end.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Fre25dodo(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2017
Check well well, village pple dey invokved

1 Like

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2017
Recession
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by esophieso(m): 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
When u dey buy fake fake charger waka
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by kinibigdeal(m): 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
Have experienced that several, the problem is your charger. The charger is faulty and most times if your phone composition is made up of steel, it has the tendency to shock.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by JohnVianney: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
the charger is not properly earthed
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Emekagabriel: 12:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
Booked
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Kizyte(m): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
D
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Fuckallmods: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
You guys are complaining. What will these guys say?! grin

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Immanueladebol(m): 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
salford1:
if you indeed got an electric shock, you better throw your charger or phone away before it kills you....if the shock goes through your heart...that is the end.

1 Like

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by buffalowings: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
Stop using chinco
Dem no dey hear word

Lalasticlala

Nuke the guy above me to smithereens

1 Like

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Kizyte(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mine was Samsung Galaxy S5, plugged charging on my laptop when there was no light, when thunder struck, it conducted electricity with my metal ring and there was an obvious sparks on my fingers that I had to fling the phone.

1 Like

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by emi14: 12:10pm On Jul 11, 2017
Homeboiy:
As a phone tech

Bring it to my shop let me check it
Leave ur contacts to make your request authentic.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by wintersnow(m): 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
Mine was my old bold 6 bb phone...
Mehn that phone dey shock like mad...
I had to wear hand gloves when using the phone

1 Like

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by telim: 12:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is mostly experienced in houses that is not properly earthed.

1 Like

Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by kingrt2(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
Get a good device mate

And see ma signature
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
mrumahi244:
my source of wealth
lalasticlacla.. kindly do the needful to this fella till 2069
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Chiefpriest1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
Tecno. My Camon C9 does it too. Stopped taking calls when charging it.

First time it tingled my ear, I mistakenly threw it away.
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by directonpc(m): 12:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Good question
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by henryboff(m): 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hmm this is weird. The only explanation I can think of is static electricity. In theory a phone charger should not shock as it outputs DC to charge the battery. So I believe that what you experienced is due to static electricity. This may be explained by the nature of materials the phone pouch is made of. But I am no expert on this so take my theory with a pinch of salt and sugar grin
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by Brendaniel: 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wow...
Re: What Causes A Phone To Shock When Charging? by lizzypro: 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2017
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Truecaller – Nigeria Ranks Ninth In Spam Calls Globally / *~ Semid4lyfe Voted Phone Section Dude Of The Year:2009 *~ Congrats!! / Lenovo A850s+ With 3gb Ram, 8gb Rom, Kitkat, 13 Megapixel, Octa Core.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.