Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis (3041 Views)

When Did The Old Covenant End? - Paul Ellis / What If I Disappoint God? - Paul Ellis / Does God Scourge Us? 7 Reasons To Say No!! - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:08am On Nov 14, 2018
Morning
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
Evening
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:18pm On Nov 15, 2018
Evening .....
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
Lord Jesus Christ
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2019
Yeah
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2019
Good
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Yessss
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2019
Now
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
Now
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:39am On Aug 11, 2019
Now now
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2019
Gbam
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
Afternoon
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
Gbam
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:06am On Aug 19, 2019
Alright
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
Greatttt
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:34pm On Dec 21, 2019
Lord Jesus
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by Finallydead: 5:17am On Dec 22, 2019
*Modified
Insight to jiggaz post.
Everything Jesus said was good and wonderful, but not everything He said was meant for you.
EVERYTHING, every single thing Jesus taught is part of the Spirit's syllabus for us today, so 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring ALL to your remembrance, WHATSOEVER I have said unto you.(Jn 14:26), 20 Teaching them to observe ALL things WHATSOEVER I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Mt28:20) and from Paul 3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome(entire) words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;4 He is proud, knowing nothing,(1Tim6:3-4), also 20 And (ye) are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; (Eph2:20)
Read the red letters of your Bible and you will find both stories of unprecedented grace and merciless declarations of law.
John 1:14,16
[14]And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
[16]And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace...

The Lord was not part grace/part law. He was all grace- full of grace, grace personified. Every single word, act was grace. If we dont that, our understanding of grace is flawed somewhere.
Mix these messages and you will end up confused and double-minded. The solution is not to balance law and grace – you can’t –
Mr. Ellis, maybe YOU can't and all who are unlearned in the Spiritual(this can include scripture quoters) can't. But the learned can balance the law (prophets) with grace (apostles) perfectly without confusion(Eph 2:20). Our Lord didn't mix things, mixture is against His nature. Mixture is only from our distorted lens. Everything about His life and words were a perfect one and a perfect balance. As we are purified, we see more clearly the truth of this oneness.
Jesus lived at the crossroads of two covenants.
Isn't it therefore logical that ALL he ever taught would be for men in the new dispensation since He wouldn't be around then and they already had the law for the old dispensation. What will be the gain of teaching the covenant they already had which he was terminating. Jesus taught men only about the kingdom of heaven through grace. In fact, this was the priests' very contention with Him. He literally taught the people to walk in grace to fulfill the law rather than to continue in the traditional laws. Example ....2 And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?(Lk6:1-2) . 23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.(Mt4:23). Ellis, ALL that Jesus taught was about the Kingdom of heaven for us in this new dispensation, not for those in the old.(Heb2:3, Mat28:20)
Before He could save the world from sin, He had to preach the law that made sin utterly sinful...So Jesus became the greatest law preacher of all time.
17 Think not that I (Jesus) am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.18 For verily I say unto you, TILL heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till ALL be fulfilled.19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Mt 5:17-19)No.The Lord didn't teach the law because the preaching of the law would make no one perfect and had already been preached by Moses and the prophets. He only made clear that the law must be fulfilled up to the last minute of heaven's and earths existence and died to become the means of fulfilling. He now dwells in us so we can fulfill it through Him. But He spent every second preaching the standard of perfection(Mt5:48) through grace i.e. the kingdom of heaven only.
You want to know what God expects? Just read the Sermon on the Mount. In it Jesus says that God demands perfection and nothing less.
The sermon on the mount(Mt 5-7) is the foundational teaching for the new dispensation not the old on how we are to build on the rock. It shows us the key to enter into perfection. 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rocksmiley...26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:(Mt 7:24-27)
Preaching the red letters of Jesus is a bit like drinking whatever you find in the laundry. If you’re not paying attention – if you fail to distinguish His life-giving words of grace from His death-dealing words of law – then you could really do some damage.
Wow!! The "death-dealing" words of Jesus Himself can do some damage. What blasphemy! 63 It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh profits nothing: the WORDS that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are LIFE.(Jn6:63). All His words are life and not one is mixed with death.
If you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Mat 6:14-15) This is one of the most-quoted passages in the Bible and it is vintage law. It is a killer scripture. It is not good news. This verse should make us shudder for it says that our forgiveness hinges on our ability to forgive others and we are poor forgivers indeed.
No. It is part of the sermon on the mount I already addressed above. It is the law of grace. It is good news. It tells us that we can be as righteous as God Himself. We can now forgive like God forgives rather than human resentment.
And what do we say to those who have been raped and abused? What do you say to a young child who has been molested? “Sweetie, you need to forgive that evil man otherwise God won’t forgive you.” That’s not grace. That’s the condemning ministry of the law in full bloom. How do you forgive the unforgiveable? You can’t! Then you’re in trouble.

We tell them the good news that they can now receive grace to be as righteous as God Himself, forgiving the unworthy as we've been forgiven. @the bolded, how can we say we preach grace and then say this? No. It is grace indeed to forgive. And yes, you can if you really receive the grace.
Any time you read a conditional statement from Jesus, you should interpret it as law. “Do not judge and you will not be judged” (Lk 6:37). That’s good advice but it’s also law. To avoid something (judgment) you have to do something (don’t judge). It’s a blessing you have to pay for. And anytime Jesus makes a threat, you should interpret that as law as well. “Anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment” (Mt 5:22). That’s bad news for anyone with a brother!
These are our self-made rules for reading His words, and they're wrong. These are all part of the sermon on the mount for us today.
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2019
I am The Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus... Thank you Abba father for your eternal salvation found only in Christ Jesus...
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
Yes Lord Jesus...
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2020
Now
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2020
Gbam
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:28am On Feb 02, 2020
Lord Jesus...
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:31pm On Feb 04, 2020
Yeah
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2020
Yessss
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:07am On Feb 09, 2020
Morning
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2020
Yes
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by donnie(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2020
Deuteronomy 28:64
[64]And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.

Were your whities scattered to the ends of the earth? Our own people were scattered to the ends of the Earth and they served and still serve other gods, even wood and stone.
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:27am On Jul 30, 2020
jiggaz:
morning
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:12am On Jul 31, 2020
Yeahhhh
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
Yessss
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Bump
Re: The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
jiggaz:
Evening

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God; Blaqcoffee109's Perspective / Mistreating 'Possessed' Children In God's Name / Pastor Catches Wife Having Sex With Guest Pastor He Invited To His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.