Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Hitv Is A Failure! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Is A Failure! (2260 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv Is A Failure! by bandwidth: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2010
HITV IS A COMPLETE FAILED PROJEKT! EVEN AFTER THE DAMN DECODER UPGRADE! I STILL CAN'T VIEW PICTURES ON MY SCREEN! RUBBISH , NO MONTH PASSES BY WITHOUTH ME HAVING ISSUES RECEIVING SIGNALS EVEN AFTER PAYING HEAVILY FOR THEM CRAZY CHANNELS! REMOVE PREMIERSHIP RIGHTS FROM THEM AND HITV WOULD SINK!, I AM VERY SAD, I INTEND SELLING OFF THE DECODER!

MOST TIMES I SIT AND WONDER, IF WE CAN BE ACTIVATED ''ONLINE'' FROM THEIR END AFTER MAKING PAYMENTS, THEN WHY NOT ''UPGRADE'' US AS WELL ONLINE FROM YOUR END! HAVE U EVER HEARD DSTV MESS UP THIS WAY?

HITV IS A FAILURE! A WEEKEND SPOILER! AND I MIGHT TAKE LEGAL ACTIONS IN DUE COURSE COS OF THE INCONVENIENCE I EXPERIENCED OVER THE WEEKEND!, NONSENSE, I PITY THE MD, COS I DONT SEE HITV GROWING! ALWAYS COMING UP WITH NONSENSE CHANNELS, NO FORESIGHT, NO DIRECTION, I REPEAT! TAKE AWAY ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP AND HITV WOULD CEASE TO EXIST!,

WATCH OUT , WHEN I FINISH DEALING WITH'EM THE NEWS WOULD SPREAD LIKE FIRE,
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by SirMo(m): 7:14am On Feb 03, 2010
Why Is No One Talking About What This F**king Hitv Did Regarding The The Cancellation Of Fox News And BBC From N1,900 After People Have Made Payment, I Paid N1,900 And Find Out That There Will No Longer Be Fox News And BBC News On Their Bouquet, I Called Their Customer Care For Almost 8 Days And They Asked Me To Take My Decoder To Their Office At Isaac John, I Got There Only To Find Out That They No Longer Have The Channels Available On N1,900. They Raided CTL And Trend TV Because Of Illegalities, Now It's My Turn To Tackle Their Own Illegality As Well, Therefore, I'm Pursuing A Legal Case Against Hitv Over This Matter. Sir'Mo.
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 03, 2010
@SirMo.

I Feel your pain. However I decided long ago to cure myself of the addiction to the premiership, now am a happier person with that decision.

My Hitv decoder is somewhere in a corner of a room in my house gathering dust.

In as much as you are angry, just understand that they all have a caveat emptor that says "the addition or removal of channels is at the discretion of the service provider" With that, you might not be able to pursue any case whatsoever against them in that regard.

However, my advice, cure your addiction to the premiership, dump Hitv and trust me you will experience more peace.
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by Kx: 4:30pm On Feb 03, 2010
bandwidth:

I INTEND SELLING OFF THE DECODER!

I vex for HITV so tey I dashed my decoder out.I just nor wan see dia decoder again for any corner of my house.
U never vex reach!!
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by SirMo(m): 6:24pm On Feb 04, 2010
ilugunboy:

@SirMo.

I Feel your pain. However I decided long ago to cure myself of the addiction to the premiership, now am a happier person with that decision.

My Hitv decoder is somewhere in a corner of a room in my house gathering dust.

In as much as you are angry, just understand that they all have a caveat emptor that says "the addition or removal of channels is at the discretion of the service provider" With that, you might not be able to pursue any case whatsoever against them in that regard.

However, my advice, cure your addiction to the premiership, dump Hitv and trust me you will experience more peace.

Yes I think you're right, but I am not using their service because of Premiership, I have no business being addicted to Premiership, I have been using DSTV for several years and I am comfortable with their service, removing some channels from a bouquet even after 1000s of Nigerians have paid is pure scam and I don't know why Nigerians are always quiet over issues like this, if they can get away with this, they can get away with anything, I bought their decode simple because I want to watch Fox News and no other reason.
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by bandwidth: 9:16am On Feb 05, 2010
THANKS ALL, NOW I CAN HEAVE A SIGH OF RELIEF COS I TOT I WAS D ONLY ONE INVOLVED IN D WHOLE OF LAG, NIGERIANS HAVE THE ATTITUDE OF KEEPING QUIET TO THINGS NOT GOING WELL AROUND THEM, THE SAME THING APPLIES TO WAT IS GOING ON NOW IN OUR COUNTRY, HOW CAN A LIVING-DEAD ''PRESIDENT'' REFUSE TO HAND OVER TO HIS VICE, I STOP TO WONDER WHY THE VICE WAS SELECTED IN THE FIRST PLACE!, HOW CAN A COUNTRY AS ''BIG'' AS NIGERIA NOT HAVE PMS FREE FLOW SINCE LAST YEAR, RUBBISH, AND WE SAY WE HAVE A SENATE?, THE REPRESENTATIVES ARE EVEN MORE ANNOYING, WAT OR WHO THE HELL ARE THEY REPRESENTING?,

DONT LET ME GO TOO FAR COS I AM IN RAGE!,

PLS I NEED TO SELL D DAMN HITV DECODER, OR BETTER YET GIVE IT OUT,

PLS DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW MUCH A FULL DSTV PACKEGE COSTS?, OR YET A ''WORKING'' PHONE NUMBER TO REACH THEM, TO HELL WITH HITV, TO HELL WITH PREMIERSHIP, LONG LIVE MANCHESTER UNITED, WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO MY OTHER BROTHERS.

THANKS!
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by MrCrackles(m): 9:19am On Feb 05, 2010
If you say so. . . . . undecided
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by Kx: 9:57am On Feb 05, 2010
bandwidth:

PLS DOES ANY ONE KNOW ''WORKING'' PHONE NUMBER TO REACH THEM

Here is DSTV's landline.
01-270 3232
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by fellabrims: 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2010
MrCrackles:

If you say so. . . . . undecided

U sure say u get HITV?. . . lol
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by Pamperme: 12:37pm On Feb 05, 2010
i thought i was the only that had issues with HITV angry
i have personally decided to get DSTV decoder before end of next week, then pay N50 to watch premiership outside. At least i'd know what am paying for instead of having to watch The Assistant and Troy 10 times a week!!! To top it, BBC & Sky news were removed and replace with Touba by the way my Fox shows only picture, no audio !!!
Is there a board regulating them at all
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by SirMo(m): 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2010
Pamperme:

i thought i was the only that had issues with HITV angry
i have personally decided to get DSTV decoder before end of next week, then pay N50 to watch premiership outside. At least i'd know what am paying for instead of having to watch The Assistant and Troy 10 times a week!!! To top it, BBC & Sky news were removed and replace with Touba by the way my Fox shows only picture, no audio !!!
Is there a board regulating them at all

I wonder oh!, I have tried to contact the NCB and BON, non of them has a working telephone number on their website, instead what I got there was a Virus gift from BON website, this number 09-7805730 from NBC website rings but no one is there to answer, it's now very obvious that no parastatal is working in Nigeria, I am very dissapointed and saddened by what is going on in this Country, HITV needs to be disciplined seriously and harshly but no one is around to do it. I have been told to pay an extra N3,500 to get Fox News, I wonder what I will do if it turn out to be a lie again as regards the N1,900 (of my hard earned money)I previously wasted.
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by bandwidth: 9:41am On Feb 08, 2010
it is well,
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by latepa(m): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2010
Wetin HiTv dey show self?
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by adewoyin: 3:48pm On Feb 10, 2010
hi all,just time will tell,just imagine when dstv wats to upgrade der decoders, hw many people take der system to dstv office 4 upgradg,hitv technology is the worst technology in sattelite busineess.only money ,money ,money,no improvement,the pics are so bad eg amuludu,except the foreign pic.i hope the pakistan engineer are stll working with the organisation.hitv pls wake up frm ur slumber.
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by adewoyin: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2010
hi all,just time will tell,just imagine when dstv wats to upgrade der decoders, hw many people take der system to dstv office 4 upgradg,hitv technology is the worst technology in sattelite busineess.only money ,money ,money,no improvement,the pics are so bad eg amuludu,except the foreign pic.i hope the pakistan engineer are stll working with the organisation.hitv pls wake up frm your slumber.SIRMO,hitv is moving up and down to all view centre to take away all der  television and strong decoders.so pls be aware nw.hitv pls improve.
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by SirMo(m): 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2010
adewoyin:

hi all,just time will tell,just imagine when dstv wats to upgrade der decoders, hw many people take der system to dstv office 4 upgradg,hitv technology is the worst technology in sattelite busineess.only money ,money ,money,no improvement,the pics are so bad eg amuludu,except the foreign pic.i hope the pakistan engineer are stll working with the organisation.hitv pls wake up frm your slumber.SIRMO,hitv is moving up and down to all view centre to take away all der  television and strong decoders.so pls be aware nw.hitv pls improve.

I am tired of their bull shits, I have sent an email to the NBC and I finally was able to get a good response from them, they're investigating HITV and I am confident that they will do a very good job to keep them in check, I have abandoned their decoder for the time being. Yes, DSTV has automatic upgrade of their decoder or you will receive a notification on a new update and how to upgrade your decoder easily with your remote control, not having to take your decoder to uneducated dealers or getting a N1,500 flash drive to download it online and then take it home to upgrade and if you're not an advance techie user, you won't be able to upgrade it with your flash drive. Hitv behaves as if they do not have company executives, you cannot get any good information from their website, or customer care, if you dare pay your subscription online, it will take several phone calls before it could be activated and if it was paid on Friday, then u will have to wait till Monday when your card issuer opens for business, nothing seems to be fine with HITV other than their scratch card payment system which is also not very regular because if your last subscription was N3,500 and you want to subscribe for N6,000 service the new month, then you will need to call their customer care to help you out with it instead of the system automatically recognizing your payment and run the activation accordingly. HITV please wake up, you're nothing but a fraud as you currently stand. N6,000 monthly for just Weekend Soccer Matches I don't give a damn how much they pay for their so called ''Broadcast Rights'', It's an Absolute Fraud, No Way!!!, DSTV has close to 100 World Class Channels with good image qualities and it's just a maximum of N9,200 monthly. Shine your eyes Nigerians, HITV is an Indigenous company and they should have known better how to take care of Nigerian needs.
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by bluehorizo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 11, 2010
SirMo:

I am tired of their bull shits, I have sent an email to the NBC and I finally was able to get a good response from them, they're investigating HITV and I am confident that they will do a very good job to keep them in check

Let us all have the email/contact number of NBC so that we can all raise our voices against this parasite called HITV. Say no to extortion! Say NO MORE TO SECOND SLAVERY!
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by SirMo(m): 10:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
masalihu@nbc.gov.ng or call 09-7805730 and request to speak with the Head of Public Relations.
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by lynxnoon(m): 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2010
I'm surprised pple r still dat CRAP called HiTV!!
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by myhouse: 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2010
lynxnoon:

I'm surprised pple r still dat CRAP called HiTV!!
after this subscription i will burn the decoder
Re: Hitv Is A Failure! by fadconsult(m): 1:13pm On Mar 09, 2010
hi
am an active subcriber of hitv till the 6000 hike in price came in,i only pay for 3500 now and since i paid in jan 6 which was to expire feb 6th,i cant believe till now am still watching all the 3500 channels i subscribe to for free,can it be as a result of the new upgrade they did,i guess they are lope holes in that upgrade,shld i report myself at their office for them to cancel the subscription since its long expires,pls advice me wat to do

(1) (Reply)

Become A Videographer (video Camera Handling And Video Editing) / ‘don’t Kill Me With Sex Scenes’, Actor Tells Film Producer / The Americans Fan Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.