Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,007 members, 7,803,349 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria (31206 Views)

Ufedo Sunshine: "I Am A Virgin" / "I Will Rape You" - Fan Threatens Ufedo Sunshine Over Las Vegas Hotel Room Photo / Ufedo Sunshine Hits The Beach In A Transparent Gown (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Kolababe: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2017
What A Nigerian Abroad Told Actress Ufedo Sunshine Who Said "Come Back Home"

The actress who starred along side Bukky Wright, Cossy Orjiakor, Keppy Ekpenyong Bassey and others in the movie "Pure Honey" has been in the US for a while for a Nollywood-Hollywood movie shoot has something to say about her current New York location and her area, Lekki in Lagos Nigeria. The interesting aspect of what the Executive Producer of the movie "X-List" wrote, was when she told a Nigerian in the US about the need to return home to contribute, and the Nigerian replied her; "The hardship here is more comfortable than the pleasure in Nigeria". Lol...

We all know why majority of Nigerians abroad will never return home. There is hardly any news from Nigeria nowadays that will encourage an average Nigerian abroad, or in a country like the US to pack their bags and just want to go back home. I had a conversation recently with a Nigerian living here in the US for over 20 years, I tried to convince him to return home. Guess what he said, “The hardship here is more comfortable than the pleasure in Nigeria.”

Govt have been paying lip service to brain-gain, but truth be told, If you are a Nigerian living in a country like the US and you've finally decided that you want to go back to your motherland after all these years, if you see these disturbing images of Lekki flooding, won't you change your mind? Or you hear about the widespread jungle justice on innocent people everywhere and the horrible Badoo ritual killing in Ikorodu, will you still want to go home? Police harassment of innocent youth they see with iphones and laptops, arrest and delay of judgment of high profile criminals and too many other sad occurrences to mention. Why are we so backward in Nigeria?

I know that the cost of comfortable living in many parts of the Island is almost the same for comfortable living in a place like New York City or some parts of the US. But, compare both. No good drainage in Lekki, the few poor drainages are blocked with trash yet the ‘rich and classy’ residents will come abroad and will not dare throw a piece of paper on the floor. We all must change our ways, because there is no place like home. Govt and individuals, we all must think deeply. Let's play our roles. Let's be kind to our environment and our environment will be kind to us... #prayfornigeria #godhelpnigeria #flood #realchange #ilovenigeria #godblessnigeria

https://www.instagram.com/ufedo_sunshine/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Kolababe: 12:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
Can one even go and pose with Nigerian police officers like this on a normal day? grin

11 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Seeker17(m): 12:19pm On Jul 11, 2017
Endtime fall on Naija

8 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by jessejunior(m): 12:27pm On Jul 11, 2017
overcomers ni

2 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
The lady in the pics has nicely padded hips grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by holatin(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2017
there are some truth in her word but for me naija freedom will make me choose this place over Yankee except if I wan go invest for there but base on my present pocket and lifestyle.

Na naija I go die, in fact if dem try export my corpse go abroad, I go wake up.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Daslim180(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's obvious..... #fact
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by itiswellandwell: 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hmmmmm. Absolutely true

Check my signature for your full capacity powerbank
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Sleyanya1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2017
grin

"The Hardship in NYC is more comfortable than the Pleasure in Nigeria

I'd have constructively attempted to criticize that statement, but I had to pause to remember that in Nigeria Systems & Structures are hardly functional.

That alone justified the statement.

However, she said it all in her last paragraph.

17 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
most have nothing tangible back home in Nigeria. all sucked up in debt. come home to do wat exactly contribute to our suffering abi.

3 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by esophieso(m): 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
For the sake of her waist I forgive the man
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Nigeriadondie: 1:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
undecided Where is pidgin2 forming patroitic Nigerian that Nigeria is paradise on earth.

I have said it that Nigerians in Nigeria who defends Nigeria wud change their perception once they reach abroad. Forget what u watch on movies when u experience it live and direct u go know say khaki truly no be leather.

Once u travel abroad u will curse our leaders and wish they are hanged on a pole and shot with high calibre bullets from anti- aircraft guns. These beasts ve denied Nigerians good life they truly deserve. Even the so called modern cities like Lagos are like ghettos compared to what u call villages abroad to show u how backward we are. Imagine in Lagos the governor was talking of wi-fi at bus stop when abroad u get free wifi in hospital, schools, markets even inside public buses on ship which u may pay for. The level of technology wud make u look like a bush man from one ancient village, when u wud see u can wash ur plates, clothes with machines and some cases iron them, drones and gps devices to navigate ur way, even technology to make life for d disabled a bit easy or u go hospital and see equipments, abi na school den u will know that d university u went to in Nigeria is a big waste of time especially if u did sciences and engineering. We are over 100 years backwards.

As for social security system in place made me realize that there is far enough to lift everyone out of poverty. The system takes care of d jobless, disabled, pensioners so if u loose job no cause for anxiety over the basic necessity. Even though social security bill was debated on d floor of senate of last administration it didnt pass 2nd reading. It has died a natural death no one is talking about it even d useless Ben Bruce with his common sense rants has not thought of discussing it on d floor.
But in Nigeria it is a dream cos d greed of a few beasts in power wud embezzle far more than they need leaving the docile majority divided by ethnicity and religion in need.

Countries with oil like us such Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, most western European countries have no poor if u even see what they call poor u will be amazed. Norway with oil like has d world's largest sovereign wealth funds together with other scandanavian countries that are called welfare states with social security systems that are regarded as models for others to follow I can authoritatively tell that poverty is dead not even one person is poor. Forget the useless PAP poverty alleviation programme, or NAPEP national poverty eradication programme yet poverty rate is even higher than it was before.

School free at all levels that if u do Ph.D u re paid while schooling. If u re doing Masters u re eligible to loans.
Truly enough for all I mean for all not what is for all embezzled by few bastards who should be killed.

Equality before d law is another thing, a top govt official if he commits crime with ordinary citizen it is same punishment that wud be meted out. The likes of Saraki wud be in jail by now but sadly he has been acquitted. No justice for poor even though we should not even have poor in d first place.

Until we all unite which is a remote possibilty the status quo remains with no hope in sight. APC, PDP, RIP or whatever can never bring any desired change until we do things diferently. It will always be a mirage.
Nigeria is just a waste of space a country of dashed hopes, unfulfilled dreams, unrealised potentials.

Even d Nigerians are abroad who want to come back to develop home wud face fustration from govt and other bad belle.

Our useless leaders know this that is y dey run abroad for everything. Where is PMB now? They have no faith in d country they govern. Which of their kids are in our schools. Nigeria is doomed far doomed beyond redemption.

If my govt cannot give me a befitting life, then my citizenship is of no worth not worth a tissue paper and deserves to be dumped.

Until we enact laws to execute corrupt people in power like China does we would never get anywhere. But wud Saraki and his gang of robbers and tout do so? They blame Federal Government but are they not part of the govt? What do they with d constituency allowance they get? What projects have they executed in their constituencies? In the first place d legislature has no business financing projects at all. It is an anomaly but they will never correct it cos it is a way to get their share of the national cake.

Also if u spend 70-75% of d budget on recurrent expenditure and mere 25-30% on capital projects then how do money circulate to create jobs and distribute wealth. It is like spending so much to run ur business on operating cost u end packing up d business. That is y Nigeria is a mess it is not prepared to get out off.

I laugh when people say agriculture is d way. But if u cud not achieve anything with oil is it with agriculture? We have had palm oil over d years which has made Malaysia progressed but what of us what ve we achieved with agrculture? Japan prone to earth quake is resource poor, bombed with nuclear bombs in WW2, but developed its human resources now d world's 3rd largest economy if not d tsunami and Fukushima disaster it was 2nd. China that executes corrupt people just developed their own commercial airplane givng Boeing a run for thier money while we were celebrating pencil manufactured locally. Germany defeated by allies in 1945 divided and occupied by d allies into East and West is now Europe's largest economy and cud absorb over 1 million Syrian refugees who live far better lives than many Nigerians as citizens in their own country who never bother about d welfare of its citizens.

Nigeria has no excuse not to be far developed and rich that would make holders of d green passport proud wherever they go to.

For anyone defending Nigeria pls take a trip abroad and experience it live and tell me if u go get mouth to defend Nigeria.

Where is "PIGDIN2" always blabbing about forming as if she is more Nigerian than we who are also Nigerians all in d name of patroitic citizen defending what u cant defend if u re to be truthful with yourself. I challenge u and your blind supporter "PEACENGINE" to come forward for a constructive argument.

115 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Abasstoheeb(m): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
Even there re thousands you never mention
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by maxiuc(m): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
Anybody wishing me Nigeria is just wasting his time

Happy Nigeria to you my brothers nd sisters

Nigeria fall on you

Tufiakwa

3 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Ogashub(m): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
Fuckery
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
That her wristwatch is fake.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Benjom(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
Good life is good cool
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
The truth is that she is absolutely right.

Most people that will accuse her are mostly people who haven't stepped out of this country. Nothing seems to work here even for the affluent and also the poor.

I have been trying to renew my international passport for months now and all i hear is that there is no paper for the passport.

I can't even start to talk about my driver's license processing which i have been on since last December

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Nealson(m): 1:50pm On Jul 11, 2017
grin .....more comfortable indeed.
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by helphelp: 1:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
So places like NY don't get flooded...

You'd be surprised if they got same amount of rain in those numbers of days..

Most part of the flood cleared off after 24hrs the rain stopped.

I don't think you should use rain, flood per say as an excuse not to come back. The irregular killings of the innocent ones in Ikorodu is good enough not to want to come back.

4 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by StarPlayer: 1:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
Nigerians are seeing fire abroad. Forget all this talk, it's because of the shame attached to comming back empty handed that makes them remain there, sometimes till the suffering kuku kill them there.

3 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by kennyz10(m): 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ooni offers N5m for intending 2017 Queen Moremi Beauty Contest

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, has offered N5 million to the first 1,000 aspiring aspirants of the forthcoming second edition of Queen Moremi beauty pageant contest slated for October.

The Ambassador to the maiden Queen Moremi of Ile-Ife, Princess Ronke Ademiluyi, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos that amount was to offset their registration.

“His Royal Majesty has donated N5 million as registration fees for the first 1,000 young ladies aspiring to participate in the 2017 Queen Moremi contest coming up in Ile-Ife, in October.

Source: http://thefulcrumpost.com/ooni-offers-n5-m-intending-2017-queen-moremi-beauty-contest/
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by ChangetheChange: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2017
grin grin grin

Even Buhari has fled Nigeria to escape the hardship in Nigeria

Nigeria son cast, APC has brought Recession upon us

8 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by kingrt2(m): 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
OK

Look signature
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by helphelp: 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2017
It's ok.

I hope you act swiftly when it comes to promoting education and development as well.

5million naira to come and pose with swimsuits and speak bad English...

We await the outcome
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Hotstew(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2017
Sniper12:
most have nothing tangible back home in Nigeria. all sucked up in debt. come home to do wat exactly contribute to our suffering abi.

You that you are in Nigeria,, what tangible thing do you have?

7 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Chijosky(m): 2:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
OK.. But must girls do their mouth like a pig when taking pictures, reminds of a guy that posted his NYSC pictures with his female colleagues, and his mom told him not to allow their mouth to touch him lol..

2 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
H
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
helphelp:
So places like NY don't get flooded...

You'd be surprised if they got same amount of rain in those numbers of days..

Most part of the flood cleared off after 24hrs the rain stopped.

I don't think you should use rain, flood per say as an excuse not to come back. The irregular killings of the innocent ones in Ikorodu is good enough not to want to come back.

When places in the US get flooded, the government steps in immediately. You will see centers open up to provide people with shelter, food, clothes, etc. There is nothing like that in Nigeria. It's okay to have false pride when you are in Nigeria, because it gives you hope for a better tomorrow. But once you step foot out of that place, you will realize that's really no reason to go back.

18 Likes

Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by pweetiedee(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
holatin:
there are some truth in her word but for me naija freedom will make me choose this place over Yankee except if I wan go invest for there but base on my present pocket and lifestyle.

Na naija I go die, in fact if dem try export my corpse go abroad, I go wake up.

You're funny
Re: Man To Ufedo Sunshine: Hardship In US More Comfortable Than Pleasure In Nigeria by kokoye(m): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2017
StarPlayer:
Nigerians are seeing fire abroad. Forget all this talk, it's because of the shame attached to comming back empty handed that makes them remain there, sometimes till the suffering kuku kill them there.

The fire in New York is better than the water (flood) in Lagos grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fake Wizkid Arrested in Lagos / Bride Sends Betty Irabor SOS, Says Man She’s Marrying In Few Hours Not The One / Patoranking And Daughter, Wilmer In New Adorable Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.