Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,661 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria (1545 Views)

Tension Comes In As GLO Now Charges N16 Per Sms / Ahmed Indimi: Glo Is The Most Useless Network In Nigeria / Is Glo Now Giving Unlimited Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by mariamm234: 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
This is arrived at after carrying out a small poll. I realized Glo is improving for me and I decided to ask others I could reach on media about their experiences.
For many it is working extremely well and I noticed those who tag Glo as been bad have not been using the sim for a while. Some people have returned to Glo after hearing of their welcome back promo where your receive #6k worth of airtime after reactivating a sim you have not used for up to a month with #150. Some feedbacks were that the network is improving and some have been enjoying their free data which they are given when they use #150 and 100mb within a week.
Also there is the Glo E Top Up which gives you back 8* your recharge and their cafe app where I can watch my favorites artistes perform live, get their songs and videos and also borrow data when I run out of data.

1 Share

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by abayomiopeoluwa: 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Give me glo and I shall rule the world
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by umehoma(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yea people who condemn GLO do it either because it has been long they used their sim, or because they see other people doing so. Glo network has really improved in the past few months, and I'm enjoying it!
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by NLOwner(m): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
All of you above me are mad..

Anybody that comes below me to spew the same trash is also mad!

I guess all those people that wish they could rate glo 'zero star' on Facebook removed their Sims from their phones at the same time and they are all rating glo poorly out of hatred or past experiences right? undecided

Rick Ross fall on your destinies..! angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by jashar(f): 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2017
How much are they paying you for this?

undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by wristbangle: 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2017
NLOwner:
All of you above me are mad..

Anybody that comes below me to spew the same trash is also mad!

I guess all those people that wish they could rate glo 'zero star' on Facebook removed their Sims from their phones at the same time and they are all rating glo poorly out of hatred or past experiences right? undecided

Rick Ross fall on your destinies..! angry

grin lol no chill but it has improved a bit here, like 2 weeks ago after they forced me to use MTN but then MTN are thieves. Airtel is not that strong in my area and Etisalat is too expensive abeg

1 Like

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by Ebubemg(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2017
umehoma:
Yea people who condemn GLO do it either because it has been long they used their sim, or because they see other people doing so. Glo network has really improved in the past few months, and I'm enjoying it!
Oga I'm using glo right now see my own speed, no dey take watin u no know

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by NLOwner(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

grin lol no chill but it has improved a bit here, like 2 weeks ago after they forced me to use MTN but then MTN are thieves. Airtel is not that strong in my area and Etisalat is too expensive abeg

Etisalat is bae abeg..
Even though it's expensive, at least it works! And you get value for your money.. cool

I'm browsing with an Etisalat sim, my MTN sim is under the back cover of the phone, my airtel is inside my wallet while my glo sim is inside its pack abandoned in one Echolacc bag like that! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by trioti(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2017
Still Going On Strong, Glo Awoof Are Getting Steeper.. Don't Get Left Out! Join in the #Glowelcomeback and #Glofreedataday

Enjoy 6,000 naira airtime #Glowelcomeback and enjoy free data for a whole day! #Glofreedataday
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by umehoma(m): 3:25pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ebubemg:
Oga I'm using glo right now see my own speed, no dey take watin u no know

Baba I'm using Glo to browse right now and it's very fast. Maybe your phone needs an upgrade. Do that and enjoy with us hehe
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by wristbangle: 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
NLOwner:

Etisalat is bae abeg..
Even though it's expensive, at least it works! And you get value for your money.. cool

I'm browsing with an Etisalat sim, my MTN sim is under the back cover of the phone, my airtel is inside my wallet while my glo sim is inside its pack abandoned in one Echolacc bag like that! cheesy

I know etisalat make sense na but since glo is given me 1.2MB/s download, I dey manage am like that
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by Ebubemg(m): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by Ebubemg(m): 3:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
umehoma:

Baba I'm using Glo to browse right now and it's very fast. Maybe your phone needs an upgrade. Do that and enjoy with us hehe
sad sad need upgrade to what?, it's not even in my phone it's in my modem, stupid network
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by NLOwner(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

I know etisalat make sense na but since glo is given me 1.2MB/s download, I dey manage am like that

Your speed is even good, it's like you're living close to a mast..

Check that guy's speed above, that's what I'm talking about..

In fact anytime I get up to 0.28mb/s, I dey always jump up because na better speed be that for my area..

GLO in my area sef sometimes dey measure B/s grin grin

1 Like

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by GrandMufti: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2017
NLOwner:

In fact anytime I get up to 0.28mb/s, I dey always jump up because na better speed be that for my area..

True. Glo is location dependent

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by wristbangle: 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
NLOwner:

Lol. Which area be that? That's worse than terrible
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by SirElaw(m): 4:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
Glo isn't the best in Nigeria at the moment but it's definitely not as bad as the reviews I saw on FB, I exhaust 24GB every month for Pete's sake. I can categorically tell you that Adenuga is putting serious work into making it better, I don't need to say much but the network would speak for itself soon. Glo has the capacity to floor all other networks, the system only needs a little tweaking.
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
Bull crap . Can't even use my Glo modem during the day . damm too slow .
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by mikeycharles(m): 5:16pm On Jul 11, 2017
You guys should not kill me I beg grin grin grin grin but sincerely let's break it down
1. Mtn are thieves, my airtime hardly last on my line, I'm been bombarded with promotions and random ads
2. Glo is slower than queen Elizabeth in some areas, behind my house there is a mast so the speed is manageable at home but at work, that's a no go area.
3. Etisalat: best internet service provider but expensive as garri in my village or even more eexpensive cry
4. Now Airtel; this guys know what many Nigerians need, average internet connection speed (better than mtn), cheaper data plans is 100 for 50mb, night browsing etc although their data gets easily finished and I sometimes receive calls from some Hausa speaking dudes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by lavenderjade(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
GrandMufti:

True. Glo is location dependent

Which xiaomi phone are you using bro
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by Lagusta(m): 5:55pm On Jul 11, 2017
mikeycharles:
You guys should not kill me I beg grin grin grin grin but sincerely let's break it down
1. Mtn are thieves, my airtime hardly last on my line, I'm been bombarded with promotions and random ads
2. Glo is slower than queen Elizabeth in some areas, behind my house there is a mast so the speed is manageable at home but at work, that's a no go area.
3. Etisalat: best internet service provider but expensive as garri in my village or even more eexpensive cry
4. Now Airtel; this guys know what many Nigerians need, average internet connection speed (better than mtn), cheaper data plans is 100 for 50mb, night browsing etc although their data gets easily finished and I sometimes receive calls from some Hausa speaking dudes.

I swear that gives me head bangs @bolded grin
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by NLOwner(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
wristbangle:

Lol. Which area be that? That's worse than terrible
Owerri
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by handsomebanana(m): 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Wu re d people rappin bullshit here. GLO dey pay una.

How much of my Gb waste because of their bad network.
My money GOnE to d gutters.

Many times it happened TILL I had to Break d SIM into two coz of d NOnSeNSE few Week ago.

To talk YEYE stupid fOOlish tinz like d Yeye OP na una sabi.

(Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria my Arse.

Vagabond BullshitER
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by handsomebanana(m): 7:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
mikeycharles:
4. Now Airtel; this guys know what many Nigerians need, average internet connection speed (better than mtn), cheaper data plans is 100 for 50mb, night browsing etc although their data gets ,easily finished and I sometimes receive calls from some Hausa speaking dudes.

True @bolded.

Anyhow anyhow as long as I dey see am use.
OP just dey yarn dust.
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by handsomebanana(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2017
umehoma:

ABEG talk beta thing.

I be part of d people wey dey condemn GLO n I had to break my SIM recently. Dat it WORks well for Doesnt mean u will say trash like 'see people Doing so'

Nonsense
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by handsomebanana(m): 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2017
Ebubemg:
sad sad need upgrade to what?, it's not even in my phone it's in my modem, stupid network

U dey mind am.

Som people own na to talk without sense.
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by GrandMufti: 7:44pm On Jul 11, 2017
lavenderjade:

Which xiaomi phone are you using bro

Redmi note 3 special edition
Re: Glo Now The Best Telecommunications Network In Nigeria by lavenderjade(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2017
GrandMufti:

Redmi note 3 special edition

No wonder it gat glo lte band 28
Nice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tecno Camon Cx Air Full Camera Review(video) / Tecno Spark Plus K9: Specifications And Price / Google Pixel 2 Specifications, Released Date And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.