Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Dino's Recall: I Pity Kogi State Indigenes- Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekwerem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino's Recall: I Pity Kogi State Indigenes- Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekwerem (486 Views)

How Alex Mascot Ikwechegh Empowers Abia State Indigenes / Dino Melaye’s Recall: I Came Out Because I Was Told Money Was Being Shared- Lady / How Saraki Blackmailed INEC Boss In Order To Halt Dino's Recall- SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Dino's Recall: I Pity Kogi State Indigenes- Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekwerem by Alisegun(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2017
Deputy Senate president, Ike Ekweremadu, says he has pity for the people of Kogi state over their stance to recall Senator Dino Melaye who represents Kogi West in the senate.

Ekweremadu said this on the floor of the senate while he was reacting to an advertorial on a National daily in which the Attorney General of the state, Ibrahim Muhammad, called him out for a comment he made on the floor of the senate regarding Dino’s recall.

Ekweremadu last week said the recall process was dead on arrival and that the senate would have to certify the recall process carried out by INEC before Dino can be shown the door out of the house. In the newspaper publication, Muhammad faulted Ekweremadu’s position

“I must put on record that legal opinion of senator Ekweremadu on the role of the senate in the recall process, the senate has no role whatsoever in the recall exercise than to receive the certificate under the hand of the chairman of INEC stating that the provision of section 69 of the constitution has been complied with see 68 h of the 1999 constitution as amended,” Muhammad wrote

Reacting to the publication, Ekweremadu during plenary this morning, said the Attorney general forgot section 68 (2) of the constitution where it said the senate would still deliberate on whether Melaye should be recalled or not. He said he had pity for the people of Kogi state for appointing such an individual as their Attorney General

http://www.secretgist.com/2017/07/dinos-recall-pity-kogi-state-indigenes-deputy-senate-president-ike-ekweremadu-says/

Re: Dino's Recall: I Pity Kogi State Indigenes- Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekwerem by Mynd44: 2:37pm On Jul 11, 2017

(1)

PDP LEADERSHIP TUSSLE: Markafi See Victory As S'court Decides In His Favour / PHOTOS: Tinubu Pays Condolence Visit To Family Of Late Maitama Sule / Ex-minister Threatens To Expose Her Partners In Alleged Corruption Dealings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.