Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? (18844 Views)

How Much Do Web Developers Earn / How Much Do Web Developer Jobs Pay Per Month? / How Do Web Applications Make The Travel Business Successful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
I am about to enroll for a 6 months course, I want to make sure it's worth it. Thanks
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Desyner: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2017
Maybe average of 30-40k a month for the average ones. Web dev is a broad term. Any software can have a web interface and Nigerians term them websites.
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
Desyner:
Maybe average of 30-40k a month for the average ones. Web dev is a broad term. Any software can have a web interface and Nigerians term them websites.
30-40k!!! Thats really poor. From the bolded, can you refer a web developer as a software developer?
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Desyner: 10:33pm On Jul 11, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

30-40k!!! Thats really poor. From the bolded, can you refer a web developer as a software developer?
Yes.
For example MMM app was a huge software presented to us as a website. Nigerians know it as web site and not as a full software that's has been designed to be accessed via the web interface or browser.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by nello111: 12:37am On Jul 12, 2017
Currently i am learning in web development and programming. But the course i study in school does not relate with computers, can i get a job with my knowledge or do i still require to get a degree on a computer related course. Cos when i graduate i want to be a full time computer programmer and web developer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by segbolon: 4:05am On Jul 12, 2017
I'm hiring talented web developers, both frontend & backend. If you are serious, hardworking, reach out to me. I'm not going to call you, send me an email with your experience, resume & portfolio.
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 6:07am On Jul 12, 2017
nello111:
Currently i am learning in web development and programming. But the course i study in school does not relate with computers, can i get a job with my knowledge or do i still require to get a degree on a computer related course. Cos when i graduate i want to be a full time computer programmer and web developer
Web development is a skill on it's own. As long as you are good, it doesn't matter what you studied in school. Which institute are you learning it, or are you learning on your own?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by bassdow: 8:09am On Jul 12, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:
I am about to enroll for a 6 months course, I want to make sure it's worth it. Thanks

Unless you have a Natural Passion or developed a Passion for a Skill, you rarely would achieve much or Anything from it.
Nothing is Easy and Everything has it's Ups and Downs. It's that Passion that would Sustain you at those Trying times.

Getting into anything Science Solely for Monetary Gains is Failure @ Birth.
Web or Software development isn't an Easy Task.
You get to stay up late at Night (fighting and quarreling with Codes which refuses to run as should be) when your Peers are either fast-asleep, relaxing , clubbing or having all manner of fun.

Look at all those successful in anything Science (Medicine, Computing, Physics, Etc) today, they were mostly nerds who rarely socialize or waste their time unproductively.

Get into Web / Software Development for the sole purpose of Making huge money (maybe due the Sweet Adverts you see on Nairaland or Online, etc or from the money you hear they earn) and you would quit before you even get started.

Go ask Tu-face, P-square, etc if it was easy for them.

If things were that Easy, everyone would be Wealthy or atleast Rich.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by mcqwerty(m): 8:57am On Jul 12, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

Where does your passion lie? If you knew this simple question then there would be no reason for this thread.

If your passion lies in web stuff then no sacrifice is too much to pay. Be reminded that there's no shortcut to success in any endeavour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by nello111: 10:27am On Jul 12, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

Web development is a skill on it's own. As long as you are good, it doesn't matter what you studied in school. Which institute are you learning it, or are you learning on your own?
i am learning it on my own. If you know of any institution you can share with me thanks
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2017
nello111:
i am learning it on my own. If you know of any institution you can share with me thanks
well, I know NIIT and aptech. NIIT scholarship exam will take place on Saturday its not late to apply. I will be attending a seminar tommorow (Thursday) in aptech Port Harcourt by 10am. If you stay in PH you can attend too
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Dabssmalls: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2017
I actually stay at PortHarcourt,were is the venue and what is the topic of the seminar?
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2017
Dabssmalls:
I actually stay at PortHarcourt,were is the venue and what is the topic of the seminar?
99, Obi Wali Road, Rumuigbo Port Harcourt
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Teedawg: 8:12pm On Jul 18, 2017
i'll advice going to IT schools to learn coding is not a good idea . for stuffs like networking sha you can because you'll have access to some equipments which you really need i feel ..i did aptech web design thou i had already bin playing with html css and Jscript so i blend in really well and the staffs thought i was sharp but it was because i had exprience thats to tell you that their regurlar students were lagging i was part time and to be honest i went there thinking i'll be taught advanced stuffs my issue was manipulating DOMs with jscript which i later learnt on sololearn may God bless the creator if i only i took the app seriously i would have done better since but i was just fantacizing about aptech and Niit..i met a partime java student who has been there for 5 months learming java meanwhile their regular students have done a lot of chapters in a week and at the end they couldnt even run a javac the partime student is their tutor he learned by downloading videos and not the powerpoint they will be reading to you guys....seriosly its just a crash course where you'll learn lots of stuffs in a brief moment and at the end cant print hello world so save that money if you wanna learn software developing use it to buy data and go to online schools like freecodecamp and codecademy like i did they have a facebook commumity where people who have faced your problem or facing will be there to help not to forget the chat community on the site itself
i am currently designing a website for a student who did webdesign in their first semester at aptech

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by bet9ja(m): 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Teedawg:
i'll advice going to IT schools to learn coding is not a good idea . for stuffs like networking sha you can because you'll have access to some equipments which you really need i feel ..i did aptech web design thou i had already bin playing with html css and Jscript so i blend in really well and the staffs thought i was sharp but it was because i had exprience thats to tell you that their regurlar students were lagging i was part time and to be honest i went there thinking i'll be taught advanced stuffs my issue was manipulating DOMs with jscript which i later learnt on sololearn may God bless the creator if i only i took the app seriously i would have done better since but i was just fantacizing about aptech and Niit..i met a partime java student who has been there for 5 months learming java meanwhile their regular students have done a lot of chapters in a week and at the end they couldnt even run a javac the partime student is their tutor he learned by downloading videos and not the powerpoint they will be reading to you guys....seriosly its just a crash course where you'll learn lots of stuffs in a brief moment and at the end cant print hello world so save that money if you wanna learn software developing use it to buy data and go to online schools like freecodecamp and codecademy like i did they have a facebook commumity where people who have faced your problem or facing will be there to help not to forget the chat community on the site itself
i am currently designing a website for a student who did webdesign in their first semester at aptech

True talk

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Curdlebug(m): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
please i have been searching the internet on tutorials on how to build any kinds of merging script ,I BELIEVE its PHP ,JQUERY and related ...

can anyone please point my in the right direction??

thanks alot

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by olu101017: 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
bet9ja:

True talk
Please which of the Aptech centers please. Cos most gurus have met either trained at NIIT or Aptech
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Teedawg: 8:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
olu101017:

Please which of the Aptech centers please. Cos most gurus have met either trained at NIIT or Aptech
they made themselves gurus and not the school
the school will only provide you with resources and some guardiance if your stuck.. but its up to you to be good.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by promo4(m): 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2017
Teedawg:

Thanks for the encouragement..
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by abimic(m): 10:35pm On Jul 23, 2017
bassdow:

Unless you have a Natural Passion or developed a Passion for a Skill, you rarely would achieve much or Anything from it.
Nothing is Easy and Everything has it's Ups and Downs. It's that Passion that would Sustain you at those Trying times.

You get to stay up late at Night (fighting and quarreling with Codes which refuses to run as should be) when your Peers are either fast-asleep, relaxing , clubbing or having all manner of fun.

Look at all those successful in anything Science (Medicine, Computing, Physics, Etc) today, they were mostly nerds who rarely socialize or waste their time unproductively.

Get into Web / Software Development for the sole purpose of Making huge money (maybe due the Sweet Adverts you see on Nairaland or Online, etc or from the money you hear they earn) and you would quit before you even get started.

It's not easy being a developer, so much time devotion.. .. Combining job with software development eats time a lot........ The end matters... ... !
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Ejiod(m): 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
Desyner:
I guess that's for web designer not web developer
Minimum a web developer earns is 70-80k.A deep programmer earns 120k and above

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Snwokenk: 11:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
bassdow:

So this is the outlook in Nigeria? While here in the US, it's opposite. Science, Technology, Programming is where the money especially If you can demonstrate that you know what you're doing

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Snwokenk: 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ejiod:

I guess that's for web designer not web developer
Minimum a web developer earns is 70-80k.A deep programmer earns 120k and above

Nah web developers also get paid 40 to 50k (unless aiming for big companies). I've been looking at the job boards and i've seen several salaries @ 40 to 50k.

Also, I'm setting up shop in Nigeria, and will like to start with 2 above average but knowledge-hungry website/ web app developers.
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by ChessLord: 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

I earn 75k
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2017
Curdlebug:
please i have been searching the internet on tutorials on how to build any kinds of merging script ,I BELIEVE its PHP ,JQUERY and related ...

thanks alot
check out the newboston and traversy media on youtube

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Curdlebug(m): 3:46am On Jul 26, 2017
bjhaid:
check out the newboston and traversy media on youtube
OK, thanks Alot but what topics should I study from the piles of tutorials, please help.
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Aniekanumoh01: 7:58pm On Sep 16, 2017
Curdlebug:

thanks alot

Edx.org search for a course on that

Khanacademy.org too
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by lizzlix(m): 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2017
Teedawg:

they made themselves gurus and not the school
the school will only provide you with resources and some guardiance if your stuck.. but its up to you to be good.
Nice, did you attend aptech ? Been trying to get some info for long frm past or current student
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by lizzlix(m): 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

99, Obi Wali Road, Rumuigbo Port Harcourt
sorry, are u an Aptech student?
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Teedawg: 4:26am On Sep 17, 2017
lizzlix:
Nice, did you attend aptech ? Been trying to get some info for long frm past or current student

yea i did
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by lizzlix(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2017
Teedawg:

yea i did
Great! Are u on twitter? Will love to v a chat
Re: How Much Do Web Developers Earn In Nigeria? by Geesanni: 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2017
APTECH IS OVERRATED,DEY NO SABI,D BEST HEAD DON GO INDUSTRY GO WORK,SAME WITH NIIT,JUST FIND AREGULAR GUY TO TEACH U ONE ON ONE,ADVERTISE ON DIS SITE 4 TUTOR OR U CAN MAIL ME ON gee.koko@yahoo.com.au for java training use to design android and heavy banking application
lizzlix:
Great! Are u on twitter? Will love to v a chat

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

C++ Tutorial For Beginners... Part 1... / C# - Capturing File Name From A FileUpload Control In Asp.net / Simple Code Challenge: C#, Java, C, C++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.