Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

It Been A Long Time Without You ..a Love Story That Make You Cry - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Been A Long Time Without You ..a Love Story That Make You Cry (682 Views)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / "The Love Triangle" - A Short Christian Love Story By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola / Diary Of A Love Sick Writer By Angelsss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Been A Long Time Without You ..a Love Story That Make You Cry by Captainope(m): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Who knew that this one Holiday would change everything?

Ifeoma has been waiting for the boy she fell in love with when she was 15. The last time she saw him, he was in a moving bus waving goodbye.

Now she’s 20 and graduating from high school.

When holiday comes by, she spends her vacation with her mother in Abuja.

Though she never expected to see…

Taye.

The boy she fell in love with 5 years ago.

Ifeoma come here Taye called me from far, He waved and motioned me to come to our secret place,My heart fluttered with joy every time he said my name.
This was the boy I loved.

“I’m coming!” I shouted back. I ran to him and panted when i arrived.

“What is it?” I asked breathlessly.

“I want to give you this.” He said, his warm brown eyes shined with excitement as he took out a tiny red velvet box.
Automatically i reached for it but he quickly held it above his head. I pouted.

“Ask nicely.” He said. I rolled my eyes and said, “Taye may I please have the box?” He laughed when i batted my eyelashes at him.

“Of course.” He handed me the small box. I opened it and saw a delicate silver chain with the words, ifeoma, written on it. My eyes lit up as I took it out of the box.

“This is for me?” I asked and looked at Taye. He smiled. “Yeah. Want me to put it on for you?” I nodded my head and let him put the necklace on me.

“There.” He said and stood back.

“How does it look?” I said and twirled around.

“Beautiful.” He whispers. I stop twirling and face him. That was the first time he called me beautiful. Before i could say anything, Mrs. Adewale yelled for Taye.

“I guess I have to go.” He said and ran to his house. I followed after him and saw a moving truck beside his lawn.

“Wait! Where are you going?” I called. He turned around with a sad look on his face.

“I’m moving.” He said and looked at the ground.

“Moving where?” I asked. He didn’t tell me he was moving.

“I don’t know.” He replied still looking down.

“Taye, let’s go!” Mrs. adewale yelled. Taye looked at me one last time and went to his mom. He got into the moving van. I didn’t move from my spot.

I watched the moving bus leave from the house.
I see Taye waving at me and mouthing, goodbye.
I watched until the moving van was out of sight.

That was the day when my heart died a little.

Years passes ,its time for graduation from high school

Cheers burst through the crowd as students are jumping up and down.
“We’re finally finished!” Daniel said and gave his friends high fives.

I see my best friend, aminat, come this way.
Her orange hair shines in the sunlight as she smiles at me.
She gives a little squeak and hops like a bunny.

“Can you believe it? We’re finished high school!” She yells as she takes both of my hands and we hop together.

“I know isn’t it great?” I say as I see my father video recording every single moment. I walk up to him and give him a hug.

“My ifeoma is all grown up.” He whispers into my ears. I close my eyes, afraid that tears will spill and give him a quick peck on the cheek.

“I’ll always be your little girl.” I whisper back and give him my best smile. I’ll be away from him and live with my mother in Abuja for the summer. I haven’t seen her within 2 years after the divorce.

“Ifeoma, Congrats!” My dads girlfriend, Maria shouts and embraces me.

I think of Maria as my mother when my own mom wasn’t there. People even said we look alike; The same black curly hair up to our waist, light brown eyes that are the color of the sky. The difference is that she’s a lot more taller than me and looks more like a supermodel.

My father told me that he was going to propose to her tonight at dinner. Hopefully she will say yes, or I’ll never forgive her.

“Thanks!” I reply. Aminat suddenly grabs my wrist and pulls me towards our group of friends. I mouth a sorry towards maria and dad and the nod back with a thumbs up.

“I c-can’t believe it. T-this is a d-dream come t-true!” Rita my friend, bawls on aminat shoulders. Aminat gives me the ‘she is crazy’ look. I stifle a giggle as arms encircle and suffocate me.

“Congrats, ifeoma!” Sara says and picks me up from the ground.

“Whoa, don’t kill me.” I mutter as she releases me.

“What are you doing for the summer? We should totally hang out!” She says, her eyes are full of excitement.

“Sorry, but I’ll be visiting my mother in Abuja.” I say and her jaw drops.

“ifeoma? I so want to go there!” She rambles on about abuja and how she’s been there before.
Aminat pulls me back.

by alabi opeyemi gagi

addtext_com_MDgxMTM1ODkyMjE

“I’m going to need to borrow her for a sec.” aminat says and grins.

“Thank you! I was dying.” I sigh as I catch Richards’ eye. He waves at me and gives a friendly smile.

“Congrats!” He mouths. I nod my head and mouth, “Thanks.”

“Ooh, someone likes Richard.” Aminat says.
I blush furiously and she laughs.

“I do not like him, we’re only friends.” I said. It’s the truth. Richard is cute but not my type.

“Mhm. Girl, you need to go out on a date!” She says and pats my shoulder sympathetically.

“Who are you waiting for? Your knight and shining armor?”

I touch the silver chain necklace he once gave me.
It sparkles in the sunlight.

That’s exactly who I was going to wait for.

(AT HOME FOR MY DAD PROPOSAL)

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to that school send off party?” Maria asked as she cooked spaghetti.

“For the millionth time, yes! I already discussed this with dad.” I said.

“You know, I can sneak you out.” Maria said and turned around.
I sighed.

“No. I want to stay here and eat with my family. Besides tonight is… Special.” I said and smiled. I noticed while Maria faced me, the pan suddenly burst into flames.

“Mar-“

“It is a special night. That’s why you should go to that party!”

“Yes, but-“

“You probably won’t even see your friends anymore.”

“I know that-“

“This is the last night you have with them, then your going to abuja.”

“But, Mar-“

“You-“

“MariA THE STOVE IS ON FIRE!” I yelled.

by alabi opeyemi gag

Her eyes widened then she turned around. She screeched and ran to get the fire distinguisher. She sprayed it all over until all i could see is smoke.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?!” She said.
“I was trying, but you kept interrupting me!” I replied and went to the stove. All i could see that was on the pan were brown crusty noodles.

“There goes dinner!” She sank to the floor and covered her face with her hands.

“Hey, it’s okay. We’ll just order some pop corn and drink.” I said softly and sat next to her.

“It’s not okay! I wanted to make this night special for you.” Maria snapped. Her eyes filled with tears.

“Now all we have is that.” She pointed at the pan.

“It’s alright-“

“Why do you keep saying that? You’re going to abuja for the whole summer. I won’t even see you after that because you’ll be at… College.” She cried, her voice cracked at the word.

“Listen to me.” I snapped. I grabbed both of her wrists and forced her to look at me.

“I know I’ll be going to ABUJA, then straight to college. And I’ll miss you guys like crazy. It’s not going to be easy for me too.” I said as she wiped her tears.

“You didn’t spoil my night. You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m happy. Now there’s just one thing you have to do.” I give her a small smile.

“What is it?” She asked.

by alabi opeyemi gag

“You’ll see soon.” I get up and offer her my hand. She takes it and I lead her into the living room. In front of us stands my father wearing a tux.

MARIA stares at me confused.
“What’s going-” I push her towards my father and he grins.

“MARIA, I have known you for a year. And i fell in love with you from the moment I laid eyes on you. When you agreed to live with me, you don’t know happy I was.” He kneels on one leg. I watch as MARIA covers her mouth.

“You brought our family back together. I’m ready for the next step. Are you?” He asks as he takes out a white box. He opens it and inside is the most gorgeous diamond ring I have ever seen. She gasps and cries silently.

“MARIA . Will you marry me?” He whispers and looks into her eyes. I cross my fingers behind my back.

“Yes. I will marry you.” She whispers back and flings herself to him. He kisses her with passion and desire.

THE NEXT DAY….

I’ve been waiting for this day since my parents divorce.
I guess it’s because I haven’t seen my mothers face within 2 years.
Or was it because I always wanted to go to ABJ for the summer?

I give a small sigh and turn to dad, MARIA, and AMINAT.

“You got everything IFEOMA?” Dad asked. Maria snuggled to his chest with a happy smile. Her engagement ring glittered beneath the light.

“Yup. I guess this is it.” I said. Aminat stares at me with sad eyes.

“Your going to call me everyday and tell me whats happening, whether your eating a sandwich or brushing your hair. I don’t want to miss a single thing. Got it?” She says. She holds me in a tight embrace.

“Got it.”

“Tell me if the guys there are hot.” I laugh. I was really going to miss Aminat.

“Of course. I wouldn’t dream of leaving that detail out.” I roll my eyes and hug my dad.

“Stay safe, ifeoma. I’ll be hearing from your mother.” Dad says and kisses on top of my head.

“Have fun, Don’t waste a single minute.” Maria says and holds me into one of her suffocating bear hugs.

“Let-go-can’t-breathe-” She lets go and ruffles my dark hair like I’m a little kid.

“I’m going to miss you!” She yelled while I walked to my flight.
I waved at them one last time and went on board.

Did you ever have the feeling that your own mother forgot to pick you up from the airport?

Let me tell you, it’s not fun at all sitting on a hard plastic chair for 2 hours now. 2 hours!

I already knew that my mother forgot that her own daughter was coming to visit her. I’ve called the woman more than 40 times and she still doesn’t pick up.

I gave a nervous sigh. Luckily I brought a book with me.at least I had something to read.
Actually I’ve read this damn magazine, about 10 times, cover to back.

I tap my foot in irritation, still believing that she was still coming for me.
This a mistake. No, a huge mistake coming to visit for the summer.

“Uh, excuse me miss…” A guy probably my age with sandy dark hair and light freckles on his nose, came towards me with a small smile upon his lips.

“Yeah?” I asked. I didn’t mean to be rude or anything but he caught me in a bad time.

“I’ve seen you waiting here for 30 minutes…” The guy scratched his head nervously.

“Did you-“

“I’ve been waiting for about 2 hours now. Not 30 minutes, not an hour. Instead I’ve been waiting in the goddamn airport for 2 hours, waiting for my beloved mother to come pick me up but of course she doesn’t.
No, she’s probably somewhere enjoying the beach, relaxing in the sun, giving a crap about her daughter who she was supposed to pick up.”

I let all my anger out on this poor boy. I breathed in and out. Calm down. Your yelling in an airport! The boy stared at me in astonishment.

“Sorry about that. I’m Ifeoma.” I said nicely as possible and extended my hand to his.

He stared at it then at me.
“Sam. Nice to… Meet you.”

Great. The first person I meet and he thinks I’m a nut case. Way to go ifeoma! I tried so hard not to kick myself and shook hands with him.

“Your first time here at ifeoma?” Sam asked. His cute eyes stared at me, giving me the once over.

“Yes. And it’s not going to a good start.” I replied and sighed.

“I can see that. Who’re you wait-” He stops in mid sentence probably noticing that he was going to ask a stupid question.

“Sorry.” He muttered.

“That’s okay. I didn’t mean to rant on you by the way. It sort of slipped out.” I gave him a reassuring smile.

“Anyways, I’m waiting for my mother grace uche.”

I slouched on my chair. It’s pointless of waiting. She wasn’t going to come. But where would I go? Oh God, I was going to become homeless!

“Uche grace?” He repeated.
“Yeah. You know her?” I asked.
I could care-

“She lives down the street, I can take you there if you want.”
READ MORE AT
https://alabiopeyemiblog./2017/07/08/it-been-a-long-time-without-you/

Re: It Been A Long Time Without You ..a Love Story That Make You Cry by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 11, 2017
I have told u people if u don't wanna finish a story here on nairaland then don't post at all
Wat is d meaning of these half half stories

Half story fall on u
No appreciate

1 Like

Re: It Been A Long Time Without You ..a Love Story That Make You Cry by Captainope(m): 6:51pm On Jul 11, 2017
LOL
debbycreamy:
I have told u people if u don't wanna finish a story here on nairaland then don't post at all
Wat is d meaning of these half half stories

Half story fall on u
No appreciate

(1) (Reply)

The Blackmail Series / The Spouse I Wanted / Content Writers Get In Here! (A Thread For Content Writers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.