Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Questions that make me view islam with suspicion - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions that make me view islam with suspicion (1874 Views)

How Lawfull Is self-service In Islam; With Refrences From The Qur'an And Sunnah? / Muslim Couple's Children Handed To Christian Parents Based on Suspicion / Questions That Guided This Sunni Sheikh To Become Shia-muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by karo93: 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2010
1.Why did prophet muhammed(peace be unto him)rob and kill merchants?[dont tell me it was because they were infidels because, ]2.why did proph muhammed(peace, )kidnap and collect ransom on the heads of those captured in the battle of badr??
3.the kaaba was the worship place for the 3 meccan moon gods[discuss]
4. the correct translation of God in arabic was/is ilahi and allah was one of the meccan moon gods[what do you think]and the sign on top of mosques is the moon and star[fishy]
5.why do muslims say the qu'ran is unchanged when we all know that the qu'ran was collated when they realised that muhammed's memorisers were dying in the battle of compulsion and we all know that the human memory alters and rephrases words and sentenses
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by muhsin(m): 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
Then search the archive; much of or even more than your questions have been (and are being) thoroughly thrashed on this very board. Good luck.

BTW, welcome aboard Islam for Muslims. cool
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by karo93: 2:22pm On Feb 03, 2010
@mushin
i could do without references. i need straight answers and not stories

MY QUESTIONS ARE OPEN FOR ANSWERS
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by muhsin(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2010
How much will you pay, Sir? cheesy
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by Asanlaye09(m): 11:24pm On Feb 13, 2013
You are very stupid for asking that rhetorical question that does not deserve any answer or have you forgotten that Jesus was the son of carpenter.Prophet Mohammod(SAW)was the best of Mankind.Who is Jesus?ordinary servant of God.God name in arabic is ALLAH.PLs can you give me 20 good signs to show that those of you calling yourself Christian's are on the right path? Islam is the only religion. Read your Bible very well you will know that you are on the WRONG SIDE.Am waiting for your answer..
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 14, 2013
Asanlaye09: You are very stupid for asking that rhetorical question that does not deserve any answer or have you forgotten that Jesus was the son of carpenter.Prophet Mohammod(SAW)was the best of Mankind.Who is Jesus?ordinary servant of God.God name in arabic is ALLAH.PLs can you give me 20 good signs to show that those of you calling yourself Christian's are on the right path? Islam is the only religion. Read your Bible very well you will know that you are on the WRONG SIDE.Am waiting for your answer..
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Asanlaye09: You are very stupid for asking that rhetorical question that does not deserve any answer or have you forgotten that Jesus was the son of carpenter.Prophet Mohammod(SAW)was the best of Mankind.Who is Jesus?ordinary servant of God.God name in arabic is ALLAH.PLs can you give me 20 good signs to show that those of you calling yourself Christian's are on the right path? Islam is the only religion. Read your Bible very well you will know that you are on the WRONG SIDE.Am waiting for your answer..
This reply is devoid of intelligence. You can do better.
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by Mynd44: 3:08am On Feb 14, 2013
I wonder why you felt you had to do that with such words. The OP's intentions might have been less noble but must you reply in that form? And I especially like where you said "Read you Bible well" Can you please make appropriate reference so it can be verified
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 14, 2013

Is it a must u reply a post? U sound like an illiterate. Where's ur fact to backup ur writeups?
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by BetaThings: 8:05am On Feb 14, 2013
Salaam, Brothers
Why do we waste our time responding to posts that are obviously designed to make us while away time in fruitless debate
Some words/expressions from some posts tell us the posters are interested in some strange amusement rather than information from us

2 Likes

Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 14, 2013
BetaThings: Salaam, Brothers
Why do we waste our time responding to posts that are obviously designed to make us while away time in fruitless debate
Some words/expressions from some posts tell us the posters are interested in some strange amusement rather than information from us
walaykum salam. I'm interested in this topic and many others. I'm a muslim and I have so many questions but NL is obviously the wrong place to get answers as most muslims are always evasive in their arguments. I know there are people who come here to make derogatory comments about Islam but, some others are just people who need answers like the Op in this case. Now tell me, isn't he entitled to an answer?
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by hadbak: 11:17am On Feb 14, 2013
edreesabiodun: walaykum salam. I'm interested in this topic and many others. I'm a muslim and I have so many questions but NL is obviously the wrong place to get answers as most muslims are always evasive in their arguments. I know there are people who come here to make derogatory comments about Islam but, some others are just people who need answers like the Op in this case. Now tell me, isn't he entitled to an answer?
I agree with Betathings. Weda U talk from now till tommorow dey will neva agree to d truth. Its obvious d OP is only hia to argue, mock n waste ur precios tym n not to seek knowledge or the truth. Besides, most of these has been delt with in other threads. If as a muslim u can not give urslf ans to the above ques then, u need an itensive islamiya. Igorant isn't an axcuse in Islam as searching for knowledge is compulsory on us..
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by Asanlaye09(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2013
You are trying to say Christian is the only religion and you people like saying that Jesus is God.You are
wrong.Pls open ur Bible to the Book of PSALM chapter 30vs1-12 where Jesus was praising God not himself.2.PSALM chapter 22vs1-10 where Jesus was crying to GOD not himself.3.Did you know that there is ARABIC TRANSLITERATION in BIBLE,go to PSALM 68vs4. Pls are you a Son or Servant of GOD?
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by BetaThings: 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
edreesabiodun: walaykum salam. I'm interested in this topic and many others. I'm a muslim and I have so many questions but NL is obviously the wrong place to get answers as most muslims are always evasive in their arguments. I know there are people who come here to make derogatory comments about Islam but, some others are just people who need answers like the Op in this case. Now tell me, isn't he entitled to an answer?

If most muslims are always evasive in their arguments as you claim, why do we bother asking them?
I have seen posts where people who apparently did not know about Islam asked questions and Muslims came forward to offer answers. Suddenly these people who seemed to be seeking knowledge would turn around to contest what the Muslims have said, claiming to know this and and be sure of that.
When somebody uses the most derogatory words (words that I would not apply anyone's parents) to describe the actions of the Prophet (PBUH), I personally would not give him an answer.
Of course,I am just one person in billions and I don't matter much. So others might think differently and answer him.
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by tbaba1234: 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2013

Wa aleikum salam

Send me an email : tbaba1234@yahoo.com with your Questions.

and review this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/802617/questions-muslims-those-want-know
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by tbaba1234: 2:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
deleted
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by justaqad(m): 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2013

this is not the best answer/approach. he asked a question that obviously has an answer....
i agree there are trolls in Islam for muslim section, but most of the arguments and satisfactory answers from Muslims not only put them away but enlighten majority that view this section as guest.or (no comment users)
i urge all muslims to never let insult deter you from exposing falsehood.
Allah knows Best
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by justaqad(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2013

if they dont learn countles others are learning daily.
so by ignoring and shying away from topics that concerns islam would only raise more questions
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by justaqad(m): 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
hadbak: I agree with Betathings. Weda U talk from now till tommorow dey will neva agree to d truth. Its obvious d OP is only hia to argue, mock n waste ur precios tym n not to seek knowledge or the truth. Besides, most of these has been delt with in other threads. If as a muslim u can not give urslf ans to the above ques then, u need an itensive islamiya. Igorant isn't an axcuse in Islam as searching for knowledge is compulsory on us..

the noble prophet Muhammad faced more serious troubles than we do. but he never gave up.
it is even noble after their rants and abuses we still engage them civilly and maturedly.
Allah knows best
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by lafuria1(m): 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2013

u've spoken my mind. simple. u ask a question and i give an answer and u say am wrong. why ask in the first place when u've already made up ur mind. a question seeker has an open mind.

thanks.
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by Maisuya1: 9:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
justaqad:

the noble prophet Muhammad faced more serious troubles than we do. but he never gave up.
it is even noble after their rants and abuses we still engage them civilly and maturedly.
Allah knows best

Of all ur posts on nairaland this is the one I agree with.
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by hadbak: 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
justaqad:

Allah knows best
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by hadbak: 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
justaqad:

Allah knows best
mhmm! But Nobody is giving up, I'm only avoiding endless/vain conversation. Like I said earlier if the OP is seeking for knowledge is understandable else I see no need wasting time with him/her... "succesful are the believers who are humble with their prayers and who shun vain conversation" Q23 v1-3.
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by BetaThings: 3:53am On Feb 19, 2013
justaqad:

if they dont learn countles others are learning daily.
so by ignoring and shying away from topics that concerns islam would only raise more questions

The countless that are learning are also getting confused by some trick questions and deliberate misinterpretation those people raise
I ignore those whose reason for opening threads is to ridicle Islam and distract us from exchanging beneficial knowledge
I patiently read both the questions by Muslims who want to know and the answers given to them
People who want to know have the ability to type their questions (not too much to ask) and they are easily known - they ask sincere questions, reflect, and ask further questions to clarify etc
They don't arrogantly debate people who spend time to answer; they don't dispute the status of Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) and they don't challenge timeless guidance from Allah and His Messenger (PBUH)
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by BetaThings: 3:59am On Feb 19, 2013
justaqad:

Allah knows best

You always amaze me. You preach what you don't even practice
You ask us to be patient with people who abuse our revered figures and waste our time
I have never known you to leave anything you perceive to be a slight or insult on YOUR PERSON unreplied

Muslims don't do your strange "civility" and "maturity" where insults on Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) are concerned
They can stomach insults on their person

Thus your own practice is the opposite of what muslims are COMMANDED to do
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by justaqad(m): 7:27am On Feb 19, 2013
BetaThings:

You always amaze me. You preach what you don't even practice
No human is perfect.. i make mistakes does not mean i will encourage it.

BetaThings:
You ask us to be patient with people who abuse our revered figures and waste our time
I have never known you to leave anything you perceive to be a slight or insult on YOUR PERSON unreplied

wow i never knew i got followers..feels good knowing.so if a drug addict advise you to shun drugs,you would discard his advice because he is an Addict?
smh

BetaThings:
Muslims don't do your strange "civility" and "maturity" where insults on Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) are concerned
They can stomach insults on their person

you amaze me.
example of the Prophet and his Companions,the greatest sources of Muslim normativity bear witness to their enduring the worst insults from the non-believers of his time. Not only was his message routinely rejected, but he was often chased out of town, cursed at, and physically assaulted on numerous occasions. But his example was always to endure all personal insults and attacks without retaliation of any sort. There is no doubt that, since the Prophet is our greatest example in this life, this should also be the reaction of all Muslims. As the Qur’an instrucus, “Be patient, as were the great prophets.”

BetaThings:
Thus your own practice is the opposite of what muslims are COMMANDED to do
and what are the command?
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by BetaThings: 5:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
justaqad:
No human is perfect.. i make mistakes does not mean i will encourage it.

I can imagine a man who steals into another's house to kill being disarmed by his intended victim. With the gun pointed at the assassin he argues that it is wrong to take the life of another. He posits that he makes mistakes of taking lives, but he will not encourage others so to do

justaqad:
wow i never knew i got followers..feels good knowing.so if a drug addict advise you to shun drugs,you would discard his advice because he is an Addict?
smh

I don't need to follow you to remember the exchange we had.
Indeed there are people whose every post on NL I TRY to follow because they contain beneficial knowledge. That is the lesson from the hadith of the Musk seller and blacksmith.
BTW the "drug addict" never felt bad when his "addiction" was pointed out to him. He justified it
So much for a "Muslim"! We are now likening a social problem to the injunction to muslims not to sit with people who mock Allah and His Messenger (PBUH)

justaqad:
you amaze me.
example of the Prophet and his Companions,the greatest sources of Muslim normativity bear witness to their enduring the worst insults from the non-believers of his time. Not only was his message routinely rejected, but he was often chased out of town, cursed at, and physically assaulted on numerous occasions. But his example was always to endure all personal insults and attacks without retaliation of any sort. There is no doubt that, since the Prophet is our greatest example in this life, this should also be the reaction of all Muslims. As the Qur’an instrucus, “Be patient, as were the great prophets.”

So what then happened at Badr? So we should just throw verses of the Qur'an around even when there are clear commands on what to do in this case? We will not abandon clear guidance and practise Islam according to your desire.

justaqad:
and what are the command?

You have been criticising Muslims for long here. You should know the people you criticise and the commands they obey. That should be the first step in the type of venture you have chosen to undertake
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by justaqad(m): 5:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
BetaThings:

I can imagine a man who steals into another's house to kill being disarmed by his intended victim. With the gun pointed at the assassin he argues that it is wrong to take the life of another. He posits that he makes mistakes of taking lives, but he will not encourage others so to do

i see you have a thing for BLOOD....

BetaThings:
I don't need to follow you to remember the exchange we had.
Indeed there are people whose every post on NL I TRY to follow because they contain beneficial knowledge. That is the lesson from the hadith of the Musk seller and blacksmith.

if my post seem useless to you,it might be useful to another.

BetaThings:
BTW the "drug addict" never felt bad when his "addiction" was pointed out to him. He justified it
So much for a "Muslim"! We are now likening a social problem to the injunction to muslims not to sit with people who mock Allah and His Messenger (PBUH)

check yourself... you are so full of guilt

BetaThings:
So what then happened at Badr? So we should just throw verses of the Qur'an around even when there are clear commands on what to do in this case? We will not abandon clear guidance and practise Islam according to your desire.

and who is persecuting you physically?you are linking Badr to today.... btw
why was the war of Badr fought?

BetaThings:
You have been criticising Muslims for long here. You should know the people you criticise and the commands they obey. That should be the first step in the type of venture you have chosen to undertake

please stop using your Sheikh's brain. God gave you Brain for a reason. Use it.it will do humanity much good.
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by BetaThings: 10:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
justaqad:
i see you have a thing for BLOOD....
check yourself... you are so full of guilt
and who is persecuting you physically?you are linking Badr to today.... btw
why was the war of Badr fought?

Hahahahaha
So judgemental as usual. Please stop pretending

justaqad:
if my post seem useless to you,it might be useful to another.

Yes to some others. But clearly NOT to Muslims. Alhamdu li Llah, We know where guidance comes from

justaqad:
please stop using your Sheikh's brain. God gave you Brain for a reason. Use it.it will do humanity much good.

Ar least my Shayk's views are based his views on what we are commanded to do or not to do, not what we just believe might please the world
My brain is to be used to obey Allah not to contradict Him
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by justaqad(m): 6:54am On Feb 20, 2013
BetaThings:

Hahahahaha
So judgemental as usual. Please stop pretending

smh

BetaThings:
Yes to some others. But clearly NOT to Muslims. Alhamdu li Llah, We know where guidance comes from

and what makes you think you know every muslim that visits NL? smh

BetaThings:
Ar least my Shayk's views are based his views on what we are commanded to do or not to do,not what we just believe might please the world
My brain is to be used to obey Allah not to contradict Him

can you please point out where i contradicted Allah? make good use of your brain.
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by justaqad(m): 6:56am On Feb 20, 2013
i see you failed to correlate Battle of Badr to today......
not all Muslims are bloodthirsty like you.
Re: Questions that make me view islam with suspicion by BetaThings: 8:04am On Feb 20, 2013
justaqad: i see you failed to correlate Battle of Badr to today......
not all Muslims are bloodthirsty like you.

Hahahaha
So I am bloodthirsty because I mention Badr?
Really?
Not surprised anyway since you have already alleged that most muslims despise non-muslims

Your campaigns against Muslims will fail

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maclatunji Please, Respond To This! / View Pix Of A Man That Allah Burn With Fire / How Muslims Pray And What They Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.