Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Passing Out Palava : A Camp Experience - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Passing Out Palava : A Camp Experience (585 Views)

The Best Passing Out Parade, The Corpers Killed It! (Photos, Video) / Godspower Asuquo: Corper Celebrates With Mother At The Market After Passing Out / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Passing Out Palava : A Camp Experience by xchiz(m): 10:37am On Jul 12, 2017
Frankly, there was never a time as hilarious as this in my three weeks in camp. You could see the trepidation with which people walked to the pavilion to collect their posting letters. The air wreaked of dread and anxiety.

As soon as the platoon officer started calling out numbers and giving posting letters, a girl and her friend burst into prayers almost immediately, more than half my platoon members joined - they either had their eyes closed, their heads bowed or their mouths mumbling words. I wondered if the last minute fire brigade incantations will change a letter that was already printe.

I didn't know when I laughed out loud, a rolling eyes from my platoon officer gave me the come-back-to-your-senses pull.

I finally heard my number. I collected and opened the letter, it was everything I didn't want plus more. I was going to teach in a village I couldn't as much as pronounce, the more to it was, I would be teaching a primary school! For f***'s sake! A primary school!

Lost in thought, I heard an outburst of wailings. A lady nearby, she had been posted to a village after buying wine for an official to work her posting to the city, assuming it's just wine she gave.

http://corpers-lodge..com.ng/2017/07/passing-out-palava-pt-1.html

(1) (Reply)

Cheer 14 Corper Who Had Accident Are Alive And Healthy / Nysc Mobilization For 2017 Batch 'b' Schedules / 16 Corp Members To Repeat Service Year In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.