Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks (33430 Views)

John Bolton: Trump Planned Stopping $1.5 Billion Aid To Nigeria – Ex-NSA / victor Giadom Writes INEC, Says No Party Primaries Planned For Edo On Monday / Yusuf Buhari Secretly Acquired Power-Bikes, DSS Operatives Sacked - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by farem: 10:57am On Jul 12, 2017
Nigeria’s vice-president has returned from a whistlestop trip to meet ailing President Muhammadu Buhari in London and will chair Wednesday’s weekly cabinet meeting, his spokesman said.

Acting President Yemi “Osinbajo now back in Abuja from London & will be presiding over FEC (federal executive committee) this morning,” tweeted Laolu Akande.

He also pledged to share “more information” about Osinbajo’s encounter with Buhari, describing it as “a very good meeting”.

Osinbajo, who has been acting president since Buhari left for medical treatment on May 7, flew to London on Tuesday.

No details were given about the meeting but it is believed to be the first face-to-face encounter between Nigeria’s two most senior politicians in more than two months.

Buhari, 74, has not been seen in that time and has now spent nearly four months of this year out of the country, prompting growing calls for clarity about his fitness to govern.

His condition has not been disclosed but aides have previously played down rumours that he was terminally ill with cancer or even dead.

His wife Aisha, who flew to London earlier this month, on Monday posted a cryptic message on her Facebook page in response to a Nigerian senator’s description of Buhari as “the absent Lion King”.

“God has answered the prayers of the weaker Animals. The Hyena’s and the Jackals will soon be sent out of the kingdom,” she wrote.

The description has been seen as a reference to a supposed behind-the-scenes struggle for power and influence in government during Buhari’s absence.

The Nation newspaper, owned by the founder of Buhari’s All Progressives Congress party, Bola Tinubu, said Osinbajo’s trip to London had been secretly planned for weeks.

“The Acting President has actually been relying on third-party information and purported directives from the President in London,” an unnamed source was quoted as saying.

Another said: “The trip had been planned in the past three weeks but was only known to few people for strategic reasons. The ‘Jackals and Hyenas’ were beaten to it.”

Osinbajo wanted “undiluted information” on Buhari’s health, to brief his boss on decisions he had taken in his absence and get approval for policy, the second source added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/osinbajos-trip-london-secretly-planned-weeks-tinubu/

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by icon8: 11:00am On Jul 12, 2017
Nonsense post @OP.

How did the unnamed sources in the write-up translate to Tinubu in your headline?

Silly sensationalization!

Modified: I see the title/subject/topic of the post has been adjusted to reflect its content. Well done mod!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by divinehand2003(m): 11:13am On Jul 12, 2017
Hmmmm

That visit doesn't change anything. Buhari could have just made a simple phone call to Prof. Osinbajo and tell him what ever he wants done.

Nigeria should stop these kind of wasteful waka.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Ajibel(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2017
Osinbajo wanted “undiluted information” on Buhari’s health, to brief his boss on decisions he had taken in his absence and get approval for policy, the second source added.

I did mention sometime that the powers of an acting President is limited. If not, why would the AgP have to get approval from his Boss to take certain policies?

I wish I can understand better the powers and limitations of the AgP here.

14 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by vedaxcool(m): 11:23am On Jul 12, 2017
Vanguard of Lies.... Where did Tinubu say these biig lies? Vanguard is competing with bloggers and NL in parading lies

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 12, 2017
They fail to understand that we have a nation to run and not travels to see ot not to see a sick president..

If the president is incapable.. he should resign from london and the VP takes over.. that is what a right thinking government would do. Goverment is continous because 200m lives are at stake.. proper and final decisions need to be taken..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by otosa(m): 12:11pm On Jul 12, 2017
Please can somebody tell me how we find ourself in this condition? Because we are prayer worries, we are conscious to take the risk, we are always making use of references with anything we intended to do but still we couldn't find anything to say this was the reason why we fund ourselves in this condition. What a pity!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by alcmene: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2017
I am beginning to believe this Nigeria being a Zoo saga.

Why all these "hynas, Jackals, Lion King ,and animal kingdom"description by our politicians and first Lady.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by jordyspices: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
Animal farm things

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by NwaAmaikpe: 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
shocked

Nigeria should be an Animal Farm.
Unfortunately Nigeria is a zoo.

Because it's citizens are zombies,
The few who aren't zombies are cowards.

That's why we can't challenge all these liars
That's why we can't have a revolution
That's why a pastor can through away his Christian convictions and lie blatantly.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by magoo10(m): 12:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
I hear name of animals being mentioned,
Is Nigeria truly a Zoo? as proclaimed by Nnamdi kanu.
APC can only govern primary school pupil, and how long can they continue playing foolish tricks against themselves.
very shameful and pathetic

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Crocky23: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
My contract is over, on my way to London to brief President Vegetable.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5638179_1499856586_jpege15aeda34d020de0a81e8300efb0d902

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
grin grin grin grin

When a house is divided against itself...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Finestface(f): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
A country of clowns
Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by datola: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
It is well
Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Babtunz: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
All dis ones no even Concern me....All I want is Buhari....I swear I love Buhari die.....

#Daddy_come_home_ooocheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Evablizin(f): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
Kai,well since you are back show me picture of you and Presido

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by signature2012(m): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
What a country full of drama on daily basis.
Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by stormfather(m): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
cool
Following
Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Akinz0126(m): 12:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
Weldon sir
Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
Even Buhari knows Nigeria z a zoo when he said dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by TopsyKrete: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ehn enh

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nonsense
Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by etebefia: 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2017
Rubbish, na all these outdated politics person go dey see for this country. For their minds they have pulled a political stunt undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by gcof(m): 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ajibel:

I did mention sometime that the powers of an acting President is limited. If not, why would the AgP have to get approval from his Boss to take certain policies?

I wish I can understand better the powers and limitations of the AgP here.
the reason is that president should not be away for this long and in this case, his return date is unknown and the nation cannot stand still and wait until he return
Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by hardeycute(m): 12:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nigeria is a failure.

In this modern day please what is the excuse on why Buhari and Osibanjo cannot have a video call instead of creating unnecessary controversies maybe it is another way to keep us busy and back off a little on Buhari .

I only want Buhari to resign and let us move forward

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by conductor11: 12:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
Nigeria the animal farm.
Re: Osinbajo’s Trip To London Secretly Planned For Weeks by Aburi001: 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
divinehand2003:
Hmmmm

That's visit doesn't change anything. Buhari could have just made a simple phone call to Prof. Osinbajo and tell him what ever he wants done.

Nigeria should stop these kind of wasteful waka.
Osinbaba and Aisha needed to keep the trip secret so that HYENAS could be disappointed about the current STATUS about the LION KING grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aminu Atiku Loses Custody Of His Children To Fatima Bolori His Ex-wife / MC Oluomo Wins Street Credibility Award, Nigerians React (photos) / Oproama: How Dirty, Deserted This Oil Producing Community In Rivers Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.