Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

"We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo (50392 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / I Was Richer Than RCCG As Lecturer – Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by JayEye(m): 12:03am On Jul 13, 2017
These are some serious plans!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by wise0ne: 1:19am On Jul 13, 2017
It is quite unfortunate how new generation pastors quote scriptures out of context just to achieve their selfish interest and gains, deceiving the mases with the sentences found in scriptures that has a different meaning. Most of these pastors could even take a phrase and press it in the subconscious mind of the unsuspecting member, giving such an individual the notion that the phrase he has just quoted is the mind and word of God. In my own analysis, I believe that the greatest sin one can commit is the sin of deceit. I have been in the winners family for about 15 years and I was a very strong devotee, follower and believer of the teachings of Bishop Oyedepo. For the sake of being anonymous, i wouldn't want to state some of my profiles while i wasted my life away thinking i was serving God, not until I left there by a leading in my spiritman and fellowshiped with Deeper Life Christian Ministry, that I realized that if not for the mercies of god that pulled me out, If I had died, while in that ministry, i would have gone straight to hell fire. for over 15 years of my life which I spent in Living faith church, (and mind you, I spent a good number of years at the head quarter at Idiroko Road, Ota, where we have to travel for over an hour and half just to get to worship God) for over 15 years of my stay in that ministry, there was not one day that a teaching was done on eternity or where the soul of man will be after death.

Of course they will tell you that one of the pillars of the ministry is sanctification but never for once was a teaching of the dangers and torment of hell fire mentioned in all of that 15 years that I spent. I had always thought that the major yardstick to tell if you are a christian or not is if you are prosperous and have dominion here on earth (based on the constant teaching of the winners ministry). It was when I went to Deeper life that I saw the true Picture of hell as describe by Jesus and as it is in the bible, it was while I was in deeper life (though i have not been in deeper life up to a year now) that I understood that my hope as a Christian heaven and my Goal is to make heaven and escape the torment of hell fire and not to seek for the mundane material things that will pass away. Every time i think of my life in the past I feel really bad because it seems like it was a period of wasted years.

I know millions of people are trapped in winners today like I was back then and I have tried to analyse and understand how it was that possible for me to live in ignorance all those years without the realization of the truth, even when several people tried to open my understanding to some inconsistencies but I was too blind to see.

Here are some of the reasons i finally discovered that was a snare that was used in keeping me there for that long.

1. ORATORY PROWESS OF BISHOP OYEDEPO the truth is that if you ever sat under the teaching of bishop Oyedepo in the late 90s and early 2000s you would not want to worship in any other place. Bishop took his time to master the use of language and the use of words. I got swept away by his teachings and his use of words. As a matter of fact within that period he was usually refered to as a man of wisdom and I, being naive of what Christianity was all about was so excited thinking i have found a place where you are taught how to succeed and how to make progress in life and to crown it all, it is being done in a church. this was the first bait that I swallowed (but now i understand that even a dummy who desires to be an effective public speaker could impress the most sophisticated mind as an orator if the dummy will take his time to leanrn the graces, skills and manners).

2. TESTIMONY OF OTHERS Friends, this was the second bait that i swallowed hook line and sinker. when I joined Winners Chapel (faith tabernacle) they usually take about 5 testimonies from the members. and believe you me, hearing from 5 individuals from a crowd of 50,000 people (back then, there was just one service that is being held and the normal Sunday capacity was 50,000) gave me that feeling that if alll five persons testified of such amazing things, then, God must have that place as His domain therefore, I will also have my own testimony there. and guess what, when it is tome for Papa to preach, for so he was fondly called, he would emphasize on those testimony giving all glory to God. (later I found out that those five testimonies are usually what they described as the 5 best testimony on that Sunday morning that tally's with the teaching of that day)On the contrast, when I came to deeper life even the most insignificant (I call it insignificant because it may not be so overwhelming or mind bugging) act of God in the life of an individual is considered a great act of God and the individual is given the priviledge to share such experiences with the brethren no matter how insignificat you may call call it. (Usually, testimonies are taken only on Thursday meetings @ Deeper Life and never on Sundays (probably not wanting to create an illusion on the mind of worshipers unlike that of Winners that derive pleasures from the false impression that they create in the mind of their worshipers giving them hope that just as it happened in the life of those individuals, so it will be in theirs ))

OYEDEPO'S PREACHING OF THE WORD OF FAITH when i joined Winners the emphasis was always on faith. 'faith as a universal currency that has equal purchasing power in any country' that is according to Oyedepo. i was captivated with that. just like i said, Oyedepo is a man that has the gift of gab. He has the command of language and you will fall for it any day any time (so dont be suprised if you see people there that are willing to die for him) so, I spent my life trying to understand what faith is and how to use it to purchase all of my numerous desires that was aroused from the testimonies which i have heard from others on that sunday morning (and you keep hearing new testimonies every morning, little did I know that some of those testimonies are fabricated by the testifiers just to have themselves pictured in the big screen inside the tabernacle and to climb on the altar so that they can be seen. i have been tempted once to exagerate some strange happening in my life but God helped me to restrain myself and Bishop Oyedepo's pastor has said it that some people climb on the altar to tell lies ) I will continue tommorow on a new thread which i have captioned "How I Lleft Winners Chapel for Good"

bezimo:
Zech 1:17 Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad

I won't be surprised when it happens, this is the man God sent with a prosperity mandate and it's happening.

I know the Judases and Pharisees would be a will pass awaybout their usual rubbish rhetorics of its their tithes, offering and co..only if they know that it way more than that there is something called Patriachal blessing that is speaking on the Man of God and his ministry.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by wise0ne: 1:27am On Jul 13, 2017
Topgainer:

Those folks are neither here nor there. I know they mix a little here and there where convenient especially when it concerns obtaining money from people. That is why I often say it is hybridization. Three things are there, borrowed a little from Judaism, so much from occultism and a little spices from Christianity to confuse the gullibles.
I can't begin to recount my experiences with these folks but by and large they confess Christianity but practice other arts which partially works the same way Sorcery, Witchcraft, Hinduism, Eckism, Buddhism and other faiths work.

God bless you sir, these people have turned Christianity upside down and make me to wonder if this is what the early apostles laid their life for. I am so happy for you sir. if I had died while in Winners god knows that i would have gone to hell fire. winners will make you think that the identity of being a Christian is having all that money can afford just like the fellow you quoted up there who is in a fast track racing to hell thinking that he is the righteous man because his 'financial status' has changed. they forget about the story of the rich fool just as Jesus Christ told us in the bible.

winners preaches confession of sin but not forsaking of sin. they even teach that heaven is here on earth
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by gemale(m): 1:28am On Jul 13, 2017
feelgoodInc:
while the church slept, Islam crept in, they tried this in Turkey with the basilica but it was conquered.
Christianity won't survive two decade in Nigeria, Christianity is weak.
You are right, i'm afraid. This is because priority is given to church buildings & not man building. Quantity has supplanted quality. Humans are supposed to be the church not architectural structures. We have very many churchgoers but too few disciples in this country. That is why evil is so rife here. We forget it is written that God doesn't dwell in temples made by the hands of men. However it is also written that our bodies are the temples of the God & the Holy Spirit dwells in us. Remember the fate of the temples Solomon & the jews built in Jerusalem. They were both defiled & destroyed & it seemed that God stood back & did nothing. Meanwhile, it is written that whoever defiles his/her body would be destroyed by God. That shows what is more important in the eyes of God. What matters to God isn't the sprawling, majestic edifices erected in His name. It's the state of the hearts of the people gathered in His name. How many of us are following the Master's injunction to deny ourselves, pick up our cross & follow Him daily? We (especially me) need serious revival. I don't mean the 1 we dream of that would happen in a crusade & people would start speaking in tongues as the day of Pentecost. No, what we need is the awakening of those parts of us asleep in the death of sin, hypocrisy & self righteousness; that our hardened hearts would be melted & rent by the Holy Spirit; that deep remorse for our sins would spur us to cooperate with the Holy Spirit & the graces He brings so as to bear fruits meet with repentance. That is the only thing that would rescue us from the fate you mentioned.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by 3Hopeblog(m): 2:17am On Jul 13, 2017
alignacademy:

You are a living witness to Christ OR to being a "dedicated winner"?
Being a dedicated winner means being a dedicated Christian both in faith and righteousness. It's just like saying being a devoted Catholic.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by awoluyi(m): 2:56am On Jul 13, 2017
It's has become increasingly difficult for me to reconcile many Nigeria pastors' teaching on Rapture and crass acquisition of material things. The great error now is the belief that prosperity (material possession) is a direct reward of being a true disciple of Christ. If the Bible says "gentiles (unbelievers) chase after earthly things" my common sense tells me they equally possess them. While I strongly believe that a christian (being a creature blessed to dominate and subdue the earth, equipped to create wealth ) should prosper in all things, my fear is that if care is not taken, attention might now be focused on "earth instead of heaven."
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by bezimo(m): 2:59am On Jul 13, 2017
wise0ne:
It is quite unfortunate how new generation pastors quote scriptures out of context just to achieve their selfish interest and gains, deceiving the mases with the sentences found in scriptures that has a different meaning. Most of these pastors could even take a phrase and press it in the subconscious mind of the unsuspecting member, giving such an individual the notion that the phrase he has just quoted is the mind and word of God. In my own analysis, I believe that the greatest sin one can commit is the sin of deceit. I have been in the winners family for about 15 years and I was a very strong devotee, follower and believer of the teachings of Bishop Oyedepo. For the sake of being anonymous, i wouldn't want to state some of my profiles while i wasted my life away thinking i was serving God, not until I left there by a leading in my spiritman and fellowshiped with Deeper Life Christian Ministry, that I realized that if not for the mercies of god that pulled me out, If I had died, while in that ministry, i would have gone straight to hell fire. for over 15 years of my life which I spent in Living faith church, (and mind you, I spent a good number of years at the head quarter at Idiroko Road, Ota, where we have to travel for over an hour and half just to get to worship God) for over 15 years of my stay in that ministry, there was not one day that a teaching was done on eternity or where the soul of man will be after death.

Of course they will tell you that one of the pillars of the ministry is sanctification but never for once was a teaching of the dangers and torment of hell fire mentioned in all of that 15 years that I spent. I had always thought that the major yardstick to tell if you are a christian or not is if you are prosperous and have dominion here on earth (based on the constant teaching of the winners ministry). It was when I went to Deeper life that I saw the true Picture of hell as describe by Jesus and as it is in the bible, it was while I was in deeper life (though i have not been in deeper life up to a year now) that I understood that my hope as a Christian heaven and my Goal is to make heaven and escape the torment of hell fire and not to seek for the mundane material things that will pass away. Every time i think of my life in the past I feel really bad because it seems like it was a period of wasted years.

I know millions of people are trapped in winners today like I was back then and I have tried to analyse and understand how it was that possible for me to live in ignorance all those years without the realization of the truth, even when several people tried to open my understanding to some inconsistencies but I was too blind to see.

Here are some of the reasons i finally discovered that was a snare that was used in keeping me there for that long.

1. ORATORY PROWESS OF BISHOP OYEDEPO the truth is that if you ever sat under the teaching of bishop Oyedepo in the late 90s and early 2000s you would not want to worship in any other place. Bishop took his time to master the use of language and the use of words. I got swept away by his teachings and his use of words. As a matter of fact within that period he was usually refered to as a man of wisdom and I, being naive of what Christianity was all about was so excited thinking i have found a place where you are taught how to succeed and how to make progress in life and to crown it all, it is being done in a church. this was the first bait that I swallowed (but now i understand that even a dummy who desires to be an effective public speaker could impress the most sophisticated mind as an orator if the dummy will take his time to leanrn the graces, skills and manners).

2. TESTIMONY OF OTHERS Friends, this was the second bait that i swallowed hook line and sinker. when I joined Winners Chapel (faith tabernacle) they usually take about 5 testimonies from the members. and believe you me, hearing from 5 individuals from a crowd of 50,000 people (back then, there was just one service that is being held and the normal Sunday capacity was 50,000) gave me that feeling that if alll five persons testified of such amazing things, then, God must have that place as His domain therefore, I will also have my own testimony there. and guess what, when it is tome for Papa to preach, for so he was fondly called, he would emphasize on those testimony giving all glory to God. (later I found out that those five testimonies are usually what they described as the 5 best testimony on that Sunday morning that tally's with the teaching of that day)On the contrast, when I came to deeper life even the most insignificant (I call it insignificant because it may not be so overwhelming or mind bugging) act of God in the life of an individual is considered a great act of God and the individual is given the priviledge to share such experiences with the brethren no matter how insignificat you may call call it. (Usually, testimonies are taken only on Thursday meetings @ Deeper Life and never on Sundays (probably not wanting to create an illusion on the mind of worshipers unlike that of Winners that derive pleasures from the false impression that they create in the mind of their worshipers giving them hope that just as it happened in the life of those individuals, so it will be in theirs ))

OYEDEPO'S PREACHING OF THE WORD OF FAITH when i joined Winners the emphasis was always on faith. 'faith as a universal currency that has equal purchasing power in any country' that is according to Oyedepo. i was captivated with that. just like i said, Oyedepo is a man that has the gift of gab. He has the command of language and you will fall for it any day any time (so dont be suprised if you see people there that are willing to die for him) so, I spent my life trying to understand what faith is and how to use it to purchase all of my numerous desires that was aroused from the testimonies which i have heard from others on that sunday morning (and you keep hearing new testimonies every morning, little did I know that some of those testimonies are fabricated by the testifiers just to have themselves pictured in the big screen inside the tabernacle and to climb on the altar so that they can be seen. i have been tempted once to exagerate some strange happening in my life but God helped me to restrain myself and Bishop Oyedepo's pastor has said it that some people climb on the altar to tell lies ) I will continue tommorow on a new thread which i have captioned "How I Lleft Winners Chapel for Good"

You are a confused lying soul. you lied that Papa doesn't preach holiness, and righteousness only in Deeper life you found it been taught Abi. God have mercy upon you.... What does Bishop Oyedepo preach that is not in the Bible. Name one?

You are confused, and don't know were you belong spiritually, maybe after 4 years in Deeper life you would relocate to MFM or RCCG citing unbiblical teachings with Depeer life as the reason for you departure.

You reasons are clearly ill conceived and don't make sense to me from both a physical and spiritual point of view. ......that we fabricate testimonies in Winners Chapel..That's a pure lie, that you don't have testimony doesn't mean other people don't, don't relate your frustrations to other happy testimony full people.

Winners chapel is an active member of the church of Christ in Nigeria so also is Deeper life Bible Church. The message God gave to Bishop Oyedepo to preach is not the same message he gave to Pst Kumuyi that's a fact but one thing is certain, you can tell that the messages all point to the salvation of the souls of men, reconciling men back to God, helping them live a victorious Christian Life and preparing them for eternity with Christ.

You can choose were to worship God be it RCCG, MFM, CAC, Christ Embassy, Dunamis, Winners, but don't be a willing tool in the hand of the devil to castigate and speak ill of any member of the church of Christ lest you receive damnation and be a loser in the end. Be warned.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by GoldHorse(m): 4:17am On Jul 13, 2017
This is good!
.....but wont this "huge" wealth be better if much more shower down on the congregation body not stopped at the church level?
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by realmindz: 5:13am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

Somewhere in your mind,
Whites dont pray
The last time I checked, they do....
Even Donald Trump took oath with a bible and prayed while sworn in as president.
Somebody like u thinks he took the oath with a science textbook.

As a matter of fact, religious countries are developing very well...... Generally faster than atheist countries

In short, i dont need to talk much to expose the fallacies and foolishness in that comment you put up.

To cut the story, their prayers are responsible for their development.

We truly need more prayer facilities.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by GoldHorse(m): 5:53am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

Somewhere in your mind,
Whites dont pray
The last time I checked, they do....
Even Donald Trump took oath with a bible and prayed while sworn in as president.
Somebody like u thinks he took the oath with a science textbook.

As a matter of fact, religious countries are developing very well...... Generally faster than atheist countries

In short, i dont need to talk much to expose the fallacies and foolishness in that comment you put up.

.....As a matter of fact, religious countries are developing very well...... Generally faster than atheist countries.....

Really?!!!!
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by KingGBsky(m): 6:05am On Jul 13, 2017
I'm currently among the prospering building team.
We currently constructing the Eyean branch main church. Its a 6 months project.
We were categorically told that the project as been fully paid for so we do not have need to contribute a dime to it.
God is truly behind the wealth of His Church.
#WinnersChapel
#Winners

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Malakh: 6:07am On Jul 13, 2017
sup fam,how body? we are not jew-ish, we aint tryna be Jewish. we are of the house of Judah,we are Jews,Jew is short for Judah or Judae,Jewry/Jewelry...so called jewish is not part of the 12 tribes,he is our twin who lost his birthright for food/fleshly pleasures, for some it's sex like Shlomo and Samson
feelgoodInc:

my Jewish bro "SHALOM" I see you!

real recognize real, I recognize you.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by KingGBsky(m): 6:09am On Jul 13, 2017
GoldHorse:
This is good!
.....but wont this "huge" wealth be better if much more shower down on the congregation body not stopped at the church level?

What is your business with who the money is shower on?
We Winners members don't want Church money showered on us. We want Gods blessings Showered on us through the prosperity Agenda of Winners Chapel.
Eat That.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by felixomor: 6:23am On Jul 13, 2017
GoldHorse:

.....As a matter of fact, religious countries are developing very well...... Generally faster than atheist countries.....

Really?!!!!

You can look it up.
In case you don't know, UAE, India, China etc are all religious countries.....
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by felixomor: 6:27am On Jul 13, 2017
realmindz:

To cut the story, their prayers are responsible for their development.

We truly need more prayer facilities.
Some moments ago, we thought the whites dont pray

Besides,
I guess u didn read the part of this article that talked about university and railways

Anyway until God haters like you start putting up such projects that contribute to the economy,

I don't think your opinion should be taken seriously......
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by GoldHorse(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2017
KingGBsky:

What is your business with who the money is shower on?
We Winners members don't want Church money showered on us. We want Gods blessings Showered on us through the prosperity Agenda of Winners Chapel.
Eat That.

Please what do you mean by God's blessings?
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by GoldHorse(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2017
felixomor:

You can look it up.
In case you don't know, UAE, India, China etc are all religious countries.....

Please what is your understanding of something or someone being religious?
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Ekealterego: 9:37am On Jul 13, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Stop lying ..you don't deceive anyone with your tithe ranting ...you don't pay no tithe and the reason is firstly you are a poor dude and secondly you don't understand what it means to be a Christian and Christianity .... besides, it is not a condition to be in service ...whether you pay or not , the move is on ...we his mumu are ever more than ready as soldiers to engage our all because we have never regretted it ...... let me just leave mine testimony out of this equation... I will give anything to this commission ....I came I. Contact with Christ through her teaching
Then how did you conclude that I am "poor"?
LOL
I won't be tempted to go into a bragging match with you. I have been touring Europe for 2 years now, and a legal residence there, if that's poverty, i gladly accept it.
Lemme tell you what I have observed:
1. Although the churches are empty on a Sunday, they have reputable charity foundations all over Europe.
Google Diakonie for example. That's what churches here are known for. Not fake miracle crusades and promise of earthly mansions that only goes to the pocket of one person plus his/her cronies.
They rather invest on the sick, the poor, those that can't defend themselves in court, those searching for jobs.... That's where all the money generated go to. They look for real life practical solutions to the problems of the society (not only members).
In your churches in Nigeria, you only care about taking the little your brainwashed members have and ride in private jets. Then when they present their problems, you call them to "fast and pray" while taking the little left in their pocket, not one practical solution.
Many churches in Nigeria are the opposite of what Christianity is all about.
Wake up sheeple!!
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by wise0ne: 9:47am On Jul 13, 2017
awoluyi:
It's has become increasingly difficult for me to reconcile many Nigeria pastors' teaching on Rapture and crass acquisition of material things. The great error now is the belief that prosperity (material possession) is a direct reward of being a true disciple of Christ. If the Bible says "gentiles (unbelievers) chase after earthly things" my common sense tells me they equally possess them. While I strongly believe that a christian (being a creature blessed to dominate and subdue the earth, equipped to create wealth ) should prosper in all things, my fear is that if care is not taken, attention might now be focused on "earth instead of heaven."

My brother that is what the new generation churches have turned Christianity into. as a matter of fact, Many of those folks in winners who have not known what true Christianityis and are too naive to search it out for themselves believes that Heaven is here on earth only when you have money and material possession and this is one of the greatest deception of our age being propagated by Bishop David Oyedepo. I use to be among those many folks who would argue till death in defence of that 'man of God' until i went to Deeper Life and found out that that 'Man of God' works on our psychology keeping us as a perpetual slave of his ministery by giving us a false hope achieving all of our desires and having dominioin on the earth. Friend, If you read through the temptation of Jesus Christ after His wilderness experience, you will find out that those same bait that the Devil threw at Jesus is the same bait that Oyedepo uses in keeeping people to be perpetually under him. the truth has to be told because If good men keep quiet then evil will prevail.

1. Satan told Jesus that he will give him all the riches of the world, Oyedepo preaches to his congregation that prosperity is his calling and tha prosperity is their heritage in Christ, negating the fact that Jesus came to earth to die for our sins and not just to create an economic perfect order. Just yesterday in this thread Oyedepo is being quoted as soon to be greater in wealth than both IMF and World bank. Rather than he making his boast in producing rapturable saints, his major boasting is in having great material gains which the Bible refers to as filthy Lucre

2. Satan told Jesus too bow before him and he will give him dominion over all the kingdom of the worlds, one of Oyedepo's greatest point of boasting is telling the world how he seems to be gainig ground globally, buying fleet of Jets, building Universities, and encouraging or rather prophesying that the members were ordained for such feats. I was captivated by his teachings on those areas of prosperity because i was really in need of financial prosperity then, but later i discovered that his so-called kingdom ways were just financial and motivational laws and principle which even an islamic scholar who practices those same laws would achieve the same result, but Oyedepo will pick up a bible phrase from the scripture and run with it as though all of the scripture from Genesis to Revelation is simply talking about that same thing. I know millions of his die hard followers who are anticipating their breakthrough will not like to hear these truth. But i thank Jesus Christ who helped me to discover the truth in my later life and to make a U-turn.

3. Satan told Jesus to turn water into wine if He is the son of God, Oyedepo emphasizes on past miracles and new testimonies to implant in the mind of his followers that he is a messenger of God. (mind when Jesus was tempted of the devil to do all of theses things which i have listed above, Jesus never yielded, so How come Oyedepo's ministry thrives on all of such things?) there are several of his repeated testimonies which i may not want to cite here for fear of being arrested (as this is the trend of these so-called "men of God"wink which he presses into the subconscious mind of his followers to either instill fear in them (Just like the testimony most of his followers are aware of when he said God planted a stone in the stomach of a woman because hissed at his message and though he was unaware of the woman did, but God punished the lady because she despised him) or to create hope of getting breakthroughs, (that is where you hear him talking of how he sowed seed in the life of Kenneth and Gloria Copeland and God started blessing him, thereby creating the illusion in the mind of his followers that they can only get blessed by God when they themself start sowing seed into his life just like he did) miracles and other form of advancement in life.

Friends the list is endless, and i know that the average winner will rather die in that winners that to come out of it and serve and worship Jesus only in spirit and in truth. I was able to discover most of his deceit when i came in contact with pastor W.F. Kumuyi and saw the difference in level of emphasies on most of these mundane things which Oyedepo exalts.

The truth is Oyedepo is leading many to hell. by giving them a fictitious hope of righteousness because they think they have material possesions which will still perish and be consumed by fire rather than preaching and teaching his followers to be righteous and holy so that they can have eternal life and get them prepared for the rapture. This is the sum total of Christianity. This was the messsage of Jesus Christ "He went every where preaching that men should repent and forsake their sinful and evil ways"
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by wise0ne: 10:04am On Jul 13, 2017
bezimo:

You are a confused lying soul. you lied that Papa doesn't preach holiness, and righteousness only in Deeper life you found it been taught Abi. God have mercy upon you.... What does Bishop Oyedepo preach that is not in the Bible. Name one?

You are confused, and don't know were you belong spiritually, maybe after 4 years in Deeper life you would relocate to MFM or RCCG citing unbiblical teachings with Depeer life as the reason for you departure.

You reasons are clearly ill conceived and don't make sense to me from both a physical and spiritual point of view. ......that we fabricate testimonies in Winners Chapel..That's a pure lie, that you don't have testimony doesn't mean other people don't, don't relate your frustrations to other happy testimony full people.

Winners chapel is an active member of the church of Christ in Nigeria so also is Deeper life Bible Church. The message God gave to Bishop Oyedepo to preach is not the same message he gave to Pst Kumuyi that's a fact but one thing is certain, you can tell that the messages all point to the salvation of the souls of men, reconciling men back to God, helping them live a victorious Christian Life and preparing them for eternity with Christ.

You can choose were to worship God be it RCCG, MFM, CAC, Christ Embassy, Dunamis, Winners, but don't be a willing tool in the hand of the devil to castigate and speak ill of any member of the church of Christ lest you receive damnation and be a loser in the end. Be warned.

this is actually the problem of most followers they are easily brainwashed and are bitter and irritated when you show them the truth. winners will tell you about consecration as one of the 12 pillars of the ministry but will not tell you about where you will spend your life after death which is the core pillar of Christianity or any other religion.

If winners preaches true holiness, how come if I am a lady I can come into the congregation of worshipers, dressed in any form of seductive apparel, yet I dont go back home with any form of conviction that my seductive dressing can make other people to backslide if truly those people who worship there are holy and righteous? well winners will always tell you part of the truth and not the whole truth.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nukilia: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Of course he is, A blessing via salvation.

I still don't think u understand the meaning of Christianity........ Christ-like.
U obviously don't.

I don't think so too, all I know is the acts, power, death and ressurection of Christ Jesus.
I have tried so hard to avoid RELIGION which made the pharisees blinded and kept them from seeing the glory of God. I will be glad to learn what your perspective is about CHRISTIANITY
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nukilia: 11:32am On Jul 13, 2017
bezimo:

You are such a smart human being! Hmmmm, there is something called the spirit of confusion, I didn't understand it until lately. The devil uses this tool in attacking lots of believers, immediately he overcomes you, he converts you to an enemy of Christ. It takes the help of the Holy Spirit to escape this strategy of the enemy.

The devil whispers into your heart and keeps pushing his victim up and down. Let's all be vigilant for our adversary the devil is not asleep, he keeps seeking who he will devour.

There were certain group of people who laid claim to the teachings of Appollos and others Paul's. Paul was so smart to rebuke them by asking

Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1 Corinthians:1:12

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
1 Corinthians:1:13

Shalom
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
Topgainer:

I am not looking for your applause of what is perfectly OK or not. Those Pastors who are reconstructing salvation truely need Jesus, the same with those they have co-opted into the alternative salvation that teaches that Money is all about it.
For the bolded, I think we can't overflog that it is a psychic scheme devised by these hybrids to keep their financiers in perpetual bondage and fear of them. Go through this section and see that judge not, touch not or I strike you with mouth odour is not Christianity but an alteration and misquotation of Bible passages by self appointed overlords. I don't need to know too much but I do know that alternate salvation peddlers are being exposed by God himself using human instruments and for that your 'Judge' not does not apply there. It is therefore, important you are very careful yourself of the teachings you swallow from those breeds of mediators.
I remain anti-some Pastors (most of whom have clearly alternative teachings on what makes salvation and are involved in practices/prayer forms suggesting some occult underlinings) as you put it, without any atom of fear of them as they will wish everybody to do.

Now go through this fellows posts and see in between his boastings and his thought process. You will appreciate the damage that the alternative Salvation with emphasis on money has done to the labours of the early Christianity and its genuine doctrine of selflessness.
I don't know if this guy who has been thought that to be rich you must be a covenant seed and tithe sower to the Pastor whose target is to be IMF/Paris Club realized at any point that of the worlds over 7 billion population, most who never knew that version of economics and had never sown to such Pastors own thriving businesses. From communist and Arab Asians, to Europe, America and even in Africa. Act 4:32-37 and Acts 6:1-4 showed how the early Church conducted itself. Can you say the same of the Sole proprietor Churches of today?
Now even when someone wants to practice religion it hasn't changed from visiting the orphanage, helping the needy and prison inmates, clothing the naked and the love for one's neighbour. Where in religion is it a law to give all one has to Bishop for the expansion of 'gospel' of IMF and building business empires?
Where did you see him "peddle alternative salvation"? When did he claim that worshipping in his ministry was the only path? When did he claim to be a mediator of some sort? When did he say that to be poor is to be an unbeliever?
Point those messages out where he made those assertions and I would agree with you.

Now let me establish the principle of Financial prosperity for you. In Deut 28 God through Moses established Curses on those who broke the law. The curse could be summarized into Death, Sickness and Poverty( this proves the LFC right by calling poverty a curse) Now in Gal 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law-now oga Christian interpret what that means in relation to Deut 28

If you can establish that poverty is a curse as stated by Deut and that truly Gal3:13 says we are redeemed from that curse it simply means that Salvation, Health and Wealth are all part and parcel of redemption.

Now does it mean that Sick or Poor Christians are not saved? No! It simply means you need to follow the principles Christ himself laid out to receive those two other package. So even though there are sick or poor christians it doesn't change the fact that God can heal you or give you financial abundance. But the first step is always wanting it as God can't give you what you don't want.

Now the bible is not a politically correct book if I wasn't a christian I could point out some things I felt were objectionable e.g why did God give Abraham so much wealth when there were so many poor ppl? Why did Solomon spend so much money on building a temple that would eventually be brought down when there were so much poor ppl in his society? Why should Moses marry a Cushite woman when God instructed all Isrealites not to? The story of Elijah and the widow in the bible would have read "PROPHET ELIJAH SWINDLES A DYING WIDOW OF HER LAST MEAL" in todays dailies and I can imagine all the twitter activist hurling curses on Elijah for being a "yahoo yahoo" prophet and i might have even insulted the man join sef. In this world only the record of God and the Devil are infallible that of Human is very faulty. The best we christians have is discernment and not information. Now in as much as i believe in Financial prosperity i know there is a thin line between the permissible and the Objectionable and when i see the line crossed i can waka away myself so for now You can leave we the "sheeples" alone. It is our right to be "Sheeples" if we want to. God bless.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 13, 2017
wise0ne:

Why should we be talking about Hell fire when that is not the place we want to go or are destined to go. If after giving ur life to Christ you still need someone to tell you about Hell fire as motivation for Holiness then you have a problem Sir/Ma. Look you should not be tormented or afraid of God but Love him enough to live for him. You have been ransomed and paid for by a human ritual of Jesus. I take it that you were not leaving right when u were in LFC and that is why you saw a need to receive messages that has to do with Hell fire. I think u were your problem and not the church.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by TheVictorious(m): 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2017
Statsocial:

Where did you see him "peddle alternative salvation"? When did he claim that worshipping in his ministry was the only path? When did he claim to be a mediator of some sort? When did he say that to be poor is to be an unbeliever?
Point those messages out where he made those assertions and I would agree with you.

Now let me establish the principle of Financial prosperity for you. In Deut 28 God through Moses established Curses on those who broke the law. The curse could be summarized into Death, Sickness and Poverty( this proves the LFC right by calling poverty a curse) Now in Gal 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law-now oga Christian interpret what that means in relation to Deut 28

If you can establish that poverty is a curse as stated by Deut and that truly Gal3:13 says we are redeemed from that curse it simply means that Salvation, Health and Wealth are all part and parcel of redemption.

Now does it mean that Sick or Poor Christians are not saved? No! It simply means you need to follow the principles Christ himself laid out to receive those two other package. So even though there are sick or poor christians it doesn't change the fact that God can heal you or give you financial abundance. But the first step is always wanting it as God can't give you what you don't want.

Now the bible is not a politically correct book if I wasn't a christian I could point out some things I felt were objectionable e.g why did God give Abraham so much wealth when there were so many poor ppl? Why did Solomon spend so much money on building a temple that would eventually be brought down when there were so much poor ppl in his society? Why should Moses marry a Cushite woman when God instructed all Isrealites not to? The story of Elijah and the widow in the bible would have read "PROPHET ELIJAH SWINDLES A DYING WIDOW OF HER LAST MEAL" in todays dailies and I can imagine all the twitter activist hurling curses on Elijah for being a "yahoo yahoo" prophet and i might have even insulted the man join sef. In this world only the record of God and the Devil are infallible that of Human is very faulty. The best we christians have is discernment and not information. Now in as much as i believe in Financial prosperity i know there is a thin line between the permissible and the Objectionable and when i see the line crossed i can waka away myself so for now You can leave we the "sheeples" alone. It is our right to be "Sheeples" if we want to. God bless.

Hmm sound points. You've really done justice to some of the questions I find it hard to answer as a christian. Thumbs up man!

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by TheVictorious(m): 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2017
Statsocial:

Why should we be talking about Hell fire when that is not the place we want to go or are destined to go. If after giving ur life to Christ you still need someone to tell you about Hell fire as motivation for Holiness then you have a problem Sir/Ma. Look you should not be tormented or afraid of God but Love him enough to live for him. You have been ransomed and paid for by a human ritual of Jesus. I take it that you were not leaving right when u were in LFC and that is why you saw a need to receive messages that has to do with Hell fire. I think u were your problem and not the church.

Word. The earlier Christians understand this, the better for them.

I've said this before and will continue to do: "If your greatest fear as a believer is hell fire, then I really wonder what you heard and believed in that got you saved".

Heaven is God's assurance for the believer as long as he keeps believing but unfortunately, many so called christians see God as the variable and themselves as the constant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Holypapa1(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
Most atimes I ask myself that if out of 1 man's decision of absolute service to God greater heights can be achieved like this how much u and I. For this I stand with #Personal Development for a better Future#. 20 children can't play together for 20yrs. I love u Papa.

1 Like

Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Chubhie: 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nothing personal. but, I've always perceived oyedepo as a shrewd businessman whose business model is worth adopting.

He oyedepo has same mentality like my boss Jose mourinho.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Topgainer: 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
Statsocial:

Permit me to be a little blunt this time. Don't be angry!

All these things are the usual teachings of Hybrids. I am not surprised that you swallowed the pills from your overlords. First, nowhere has God called a Pastor to go and make his people rich as Oyedepo claimed he was called to do. Secondly, his modus operandi of demanding more from people through coercion and intimidation is not the teachings of Jesus. Thirdly, his definition of salvation is devilish. Four, his temperament can't be inspired by the Spirit of God. Fifth, his love for mundane things and luring people to such is not the way of Jesus Christ. Six, his latest IMF/World bank goof is a carefully designed ploy to dispossess many more sheeples of their valuables while he's trying to meet his target which by the way is not feasible assuming all Nigerian working class start paying tax(tithe) to him. Seven, all of Winners chapel belongs to him and his family, sheeples are working for him. Eight, most of Winner's followers I have interacted with have idolatrous beliefs and prayer methods not in consonance with that of Christ. Nine, and because of number eight the immoral living among the members is only second to members of another group known to all. Ten, idolising Oyedepo can't lead me to Heaven lest I forget he once boasted he has the keys of Hells' gate. I doubt he could lead others to heaven nor mediate that for anybody.

To be or not to be with Oyedepo and his ways; your choice. But chose wisely!

Personally, I am not convinced he lives selflessly after Jesus but I am convinced beyond doubt his calling was actually to be a shrewd businessman, a model of a modernized feudalism. Like I said to many of you that there are far more significant men and women world over who have not bowed heads to the 'Baals' of alternative salvation, or submitted any of their money to the likes of Winners inc or swallowed any of his money -prosperity lectures yet are more prosperous than his (Oyedepo's) feudal enterprise. Google will help you with the names and Cooperations far richer than the Bishop could ever aspire to or be, and they don't even know Oyedepo anywhere near the lists.

Jesus looks at the stupidity of men at the hands of their slave masters, the false shepherds, If only the slaves knew they were slaves many more could be saved from the Pentecostal Overlords. I was once under such but one day I took my Bible and asked some pertinent questions, which the answers delivered me from the delusion infested by the alternate salvation peddlers. Take out time study the temptation of Jesus in the wilderness with open mind, perhaps, perhaps, you will realize the move of the false Christ of Rev 6:2. in this generation.
Good Bye.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nukilia:

I don't think so too, all I know is the acts, power, death and ressurection of Christ Jesus.
I have tried so hard to avoid RELIGION which made the pharisees blinded and kept them from seeing the glory of God. I will be glad to learn what your perspective is about CHRISTIANITY

Christianity is a religion. Nothing more.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by bezimo(m): 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
wise0ne:

this is actually the problem of most followers they are easily brainwashed and are bitter and irritated when you show them the truth. winners will tell you about consecration as one of the 12 pillars of the ministry but will not tell you about where you will spend your life after death which is the core pillar of Christianity or any other religion.

If winners preaches true holiness, how come if I am a lady I can come into the congregation of worshipers, dressed in any form of seductive apparel, yet I dont go back home with any form of conviction that my seductive dressing can make other people to backslide if truly those people who worship there are holy and righteous? well winners will always tell you part of the truth and not the whole truth.

If you follow the teaching of consecration, of godliness of holiness, been thought by Bishop Oyedepo and guided from the holy scriptures in truth and in deed would you wear seductive apparel to church?
would your place in eternity not be guaranteed?
Abeg you are a confused religious person..it's people like you who would dress so pious and behave holier than thou yet with a defiled spirit and soul keeping malice, filled with pride, anger, jealousy and hate...

Yet deceiving yourself that because you dressed covered you are now holy..You think you know but you don't..ask God for humility and do away with the spirit of judging and better than thou, more righteous than thou and follow scriptures as guided by the holy Spirit

Matt 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Jesus made that statement because he knew people like would start going about telling people confused lies that the dressing is now a reflection of holiness.

You are not wise from every indication but a fool so change your name to foolishone.
Re: "We Would Soon Be Richer Than IMF And Paris Club" - Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Sir, Gods rain falls both on the sinner and the saved ....... nowhere was it stated that unless you give to winners project that God won't bless you......if Matt 6:33 is true for you, then you must fund the expansion of the gospel without cohesion or gimmickry but cheerfully..... you won't be made a chief launcher for God already launched the commission from the word ,go.... your name won't be printed on any seat as donor ... you must accept to do it without any strings attached

My mind is made up and it is to follow what the commission teaches for it is profitable to me ... I have never known god the way I know him now and it is because a man, agreed to pursue the work of evangelism when it was not profitable to do so..... I was already of a person of reason when churches were being called mushroom churches , when it was a crazy idea to be a full time servant of the gospel..... Google mosheshe...he was as wealthy as Abiola when God called him and he became an evengelist until his death

You couldn't find any man doing this work full time except within the orthodox churches because men were shit scared of what to eat ....My Bishop was one of the pioneers

You're free to admire your bishop.

In fact, the more I study him, the more I see clear evidence of his superb marketing tactics.

However, there are many people who insist on seeing his success as "supernatural" and the result of "sowing seed".

To make it worse, these misguided people even cherry-pick Bible verses to "prove" their point

Why not just see him as the shrewd businessman he is?

To put things in context, can you imagine Christ back then telling his disciples that very soon their treasury will surpass that of Emperor Caesar?

Look, when you boil this news item down to its essence, your bishop is benchmarking his organization with the World Bank and IMF. Absolutely nothing wrong in dreaming big.

Just be bold enough to call it YOUR dream.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Funny Church Banners That Will Make You Laugh / Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.