Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? (31127 Views)

Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma / 25% Of Coronavirus Carriers Don't Show Symptoms But Can Still Spread Virus / UPDATE: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What's Wrong With Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by MhizKristy(f): 4:24pm On Jul 12, 2017
She needs proper medical attention
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Zico5(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
ok
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by seunny4lif(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Talk joor

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by KKKWHITE(m): 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by obagoriola: 4:25pm On Jul 12, 2017
Your wife has PID please see a gynecologist immediately

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Einl(m): 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by estheremma(f): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
please go to a teaching hospital.ASAP,not just any hospital
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by muller101(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
Oga stop multiplying. One is ok.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by chigoizie7(m): 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
Ok. Who will I ask now?

Op, please consult a gynaecologist 1st.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by alcmene: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
Staphylococcus and gonorrhea............

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Cassie74: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hope it's not utopia pregnancy....pls c a doctor
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Itsteewhy: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2017
Go to a reputable hospital, where a forensic, and thorough test would be conducted on her..

And also be stead fast in prayers
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Chyhappy: 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2017
ewatomi424:
The anxiety to get pregnant is too much on her that why she is seeing those symptoms in her head help her take her mind off pregnancy and her body will come back to normal

Good advice
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by toggy: 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2017
You traveled for 3 years. Bros are you sure she did not suddenly did an abortion? Women ................... please find out secretly. I am sorry o. but you wanted an opinion. i may be right or wrong. Sorry again.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by robosky02(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2017

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by biggestmanhood(m): 4:31pm On Jul 12, 2017
bang her very hard and she will become pregnant by fire by force
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by ikevictor: 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
Lamba 1. She is not okay and needs medical attention asap.

Lamba 2. This could be hyper psychological caused by the weight of your desire for her to have another child for you.

Lamba 3. PLEASE stop mounting pressure on her for another child, after all she is not God. If you wanted another child so bad you for no travel in the first place.

Lambs 4. Let me get out of here!!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by ioreth69(f): 4:32pm On Jul 12, 2017
Go for scan
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by desrie: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Zizicardo:
polycystic ovarian syndrome. pcos
Are you a magician?yiu have not seen patient to take full history and examine her.Aint you going to send for investigations such as hormonal profile and abdomino-pelvic ultrasound at least?What if the woman is having uterine myoma?Oga abeg take your wife to the hospital for the doctor to see,examine,take detailed history and send for necessary investigations.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Zico5(m): 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2017
Op if u won't mind I have a woman in Ibadan along Lagos express road that's very good about woman fertility or any issue relating with women health sickness. All the issue of doctors when we talk of infertility doesn't work at times. u will just continue to waste ur time for nothing sake. if u are ready let me know. The woman is purely on roots and herbs but very efficient. nothing like juju or diabolic issue. God bless.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2017
Could be anxiety hormonal imbalance due to the drugs she's been taking she should see a gynaecologist for proper examination
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by gazilion: 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2017
Zico5:
Op if u won't mind I have a woman in Ibadan along Lagos express road that's very good about woman fertility or any issue relating with women health sickness. All the issue of doctors when we talk of infertility doesn't work at times. u will just continue to waste ur time for nothing sake. if u are ready let me know. The woman is purely on roots and herbs but very efficient. nothing like juju or diabolic issue. God bless.

Op, please be mindful of the advice you get and where you go for help.
Do not complicate issues for yourself.

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by IYANGBALI: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
This one strong o
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by desrie: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2017
There are lot of differentials for this complaint so visit the hospital,pay for your consultation and allow the doctor clinch the final diagnosis.Where you are coming from do doctors treat patients online?Better do the right thing Oga Abroad
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2017
mrhubby:
Hello Doctors in the house. I have a pressing issue that I want the advise of qualified medical practitioners on this great forum on. please, I really need your candid advise on this issue. For the sake of being anonymous, I had to created a new account to post this.

I'm married to the best woman in the world and we are blessed with a baby boy almost 4 years ago. I left the country and didn't return until after 3 years. We are trying to have another baby but it seems not working. We tried everything we could, yet, she cant get pregnant. My wife is very good at calculating her ovulation period and I'm not a 1-minute man either.

Now to what I need the advise on. Since the very first month after I returned, she was having some signs of pregnancy. She gets tired easily, her breasts were tender and each time she wore bra, she complained of discomfort. These are some of the symptoms she had when she was pregnant with our first child. We were happy and waiting on conducting preggy test, hoping for a positive result. Lo and behold, it was negative. We thought maybe it was too early for such test, we did the test again 4 days later, it was still negative. A couple of days later, her menstrual period came. We were devastated but we didn't lose hope.

After her period, we seek a medical advise on how to boost our chances of conceiving and we carried them (advise) out to the letter. Mind you she was still having the symptoms that I described earlier and it even got worse that she started having mild morning sickness. Fast forward, the day she was suppose to see her period came and she didn't see it. We were happy that maybe, God has finally answered our prayer only for her to see blood the following day. The period was heavy and it lasted 7 days, 3 more days than what she normally had. We became worried about the prolonged menstruation and didn't know what to do. Prior to her having the period, for about 3 days, she was having difficulties urinating. Each time she was to urinate, she experiences an excruciating pain inside her vagina for the whole period the urine is coming out and once she's done urinating, the pain stops. It went on like that until the period came and the pains stopped.

Just this month, while the pregnancy symptoms persisted, she had her period again. But this time around, the period was delayed for about 3 days. It came heavy for 2 and half day and then stopped only to return 2 days later with another round of heavy flow which lasted for 1 day. All this period, we kept on carrying out preggy tests, thinking maybe she was pregnant. We just did blood test for pregnancy today and it came out negative as well.

Doctors, please what should we do at this stage?. Its getting out of hand and I just want my wife to be OK. Even if the baby(ies) do(es) not want to come now, all I need right now is to have my wife healthy and confident again.

I know some people will say Nairaland is not a hospital, yes I know but I still want to seek opinion of different people on the issue.

Thanks.

Sorry for the epistle and please pardon my blunders.

From with you described, there are indications of an infection or sexually transmitted disease.
I recommend you do a vagina fluid test/swab instead of a culture test as some infections are not revealed by culture test.

I am not a doctor though
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by MrHenshaw: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
mrhubby:
Hello Doctors in the house. I have a pressing issue that I want the advise of qualified medical practitioners on this great forum on. please, I really need your candid advise on this issue. For the sake of being anonymous, I had to created a new account to post this.

I'm married to the best woman in the world and we are blessed with a baby boy almost 4 years ago. I left the country and didn't return until after 3 years. We are trying to have another baby but it seems not working. We tried everything we could, yet, she cant get pregnant. My wife is very good at calculating her ovulation period and I'm not a 1-minute man either.

Now to what I need the advise on. Since the very first month after I returned, she was having some signs of pregnancy. She gets tired easily, her breasts were tender and each time she wore bra, she complained of discomfort. These are some of the symptoms she had when she was pregnant with our first child. We were happy and waiting on conducting preggy test, hoping for a positive result. Lo and behold, it was negative. We thought maybe it was too early for such test, we did the test again 4 days later, it was still negative. A couple of days later, her menstrual period came. We were devastated but we didn't lose hope.

After her period, we seek a medical advise on how to boost our chances of conceiving and we carried them (advise) out to the letter. Mind you she was still having the symptoms that I described earlier and it even got worse that she started having mild morning sickness. Fast forward, the day she was suppose to see her period came and she didn't see it. We were happy that maybe, God has finally answered our prayer only for her to see blood the following day. The period was heavy and it lasted 7 days, 3 more days than what she normally had. We became worried about the prolonged menstruation and didn't know what to do. Prior to her having the period, for about 3 days, she was having difficulties urinating. Each time she was to urinate, she experiences an excruciating pain inside her vagina for the whole period the urine is coming out and once she's done urinating, the pain stops. It went on like that until the period came and the pains stopped.

Just this month, while the pregnancy symptoms persisted, she had her period again. But this time around, the period was delayed for about 3 days. It came heavy for 2 and half day and then stopped only to return 2 days later with another round of heavy flow which lasted for 1 day. All this period, we kept on carrying out preggy tests, thinking maybe she was pregnant. We just did blood test for pregnancy today and it came out negative as well.

Doctors, please what should we do at this stage?. Its getting out of hand and I just want my wife to be OK. Even if the baby(ies) do(es) not want to come now, all I need right now is to have my wife healthy and confident again.

I know some people will say Nairaland is not a hospital, yes I know but I still want to seek opinion of different people on the issue.

Thanks.

My Dear,l am really very sorry for the challenge you are facing.But trust me all will be fine.It's not peculiar with her ,such cases happen.
What is causing d delay may be termed as secondary infertility.D name shouldn't bother u.It happens but trust God she must conceive.
Now to her case,i am optimist that your wife took in but had miscarriage so u need to see a Consultant O& G or a Senior Reg.Not a GP .She needs a couple of scan and even scan like TVS.
She will be fine.
Waiting for your positive update.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by dinggle: 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2017
Babalawo to the rescue.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by almsofgold: 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Before I give my diverse suggestions,

Have you asked yourself the question I want to ask you?
For the 3years you were away from her...who serviced her?
Are you trying to tell me for the 3years nobody treated her sores?
I really doubt that.

Some tribe's deities frown against wife-adultery and offenders are punished with childlessness.
This could be the spiritual cause.

Anxiety could also be a factor....when you are so eager for something; it rarely happens and once you take it off your mind, it comes naturally.
This could be the psychological cause.

It could also be the Lord seeing your future and helping you plan. The country is in a recession, don't you think one child is good enough?
Some people don't even have any. You have one yet you are complaining.
This could be the economical cause.

When you were away from the country were you promiscuous? It's possibly you were and contracted an STI that has made you sterile.
Or you were very rough and have used up your own 15litres of Semen.
This could be the biological and physiological cause.

You can only be sure via one way.
Get a sidechick and see if you are still fertile.
Or get a trusted ally to sleep with your wife when she is most fertile..(the day her 'egg white' is transparent and most stretchy)
Either way, you'd have another child.

What's the fuss anyway? If you're so desperate, you can go to an orphanage and adopt a baby or ask your wife to visit a baby factory at Umungasi in Abia.
This is the logical option.
I just wonder how the mods allow this guy to be roaming on this forum unchecked. They should create a section for lunatics so they can bound in lunacy angry

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by chineduemmao: 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Before I give my diverse suggestions,

Have you asked yourself the question I want to ask you?
For the 3years you were away from her...who serviced her?
Are you trying to tell me for the 3years nobody treated her sores?
I really doubt that.

Some tribe's deities frown against wife-adultery and offenders are punished with childlessness.
This could be the spiritual cause.

Anxiety could also be a factor....when you are so eager for something; it rarely happens and once you take it off your mind, it comes naturally.
This could be the psychological cause.

It could also be the Lord seeing your future and helping you plan. The country is in a recession, don't you think one child is good enough?
Some people don't even have any. You have one yet you are complaining.
This could be the economical cause.

When you were away from the country were you promiscuous? It's possibly you were and contracted an STI that has made you sterile.
Or you were very rough and have used up your own 15litres of Semen.
This could be the biological and physiological cause.

You can only be sure via one way.
Get a sidechick and see if you are still fertile.
Or get a trusted ally to sleep with your wife when she is most fertile..(the day her 'egg white' is transparent and most stretchy)
Either way, you'd have another child.

What's the fuss anyway? If you're so desperate, you can go to an orphanage and adopt a baby or ask your wife to visit a baby factory at Umungasi in Abia.
This is the logical option.
na wa for you ooo wat is your problem? Everywhere nwamaikpe ah ah
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by bomsilaga(m): 4:53pm On Jul 12, 2017
desrie:
Are you a magician?yiu have not seen patient to take full history and examine her.Aint you going to send for investigations such as hormonal profile and abdomino-pelvic ultrasound at least?What if the woman is having uterine myoma?Oga abeg take your wife to the hospital for the doctor to see,examine,take detailed history and send for necessary investigations.

I just wonder.

First have her go through HSG test to rule out fallopian tubes and uterine mass issues.
Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by DonaTee(f): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2017
mrhubby:

Thanks.

the painful urination u described is symptoms of urinary tract infection which is a common occurrence in women due to d position of d area.

as for the pregnancy issue, the way u both are anxiously testing will cause more tension on that poor woman that her body will symptom spot n psychosomatize her to be feeling pregnant.
Please desist from that for now.

Go to a proper hospital. See a gynae. Both of you Get tested and treated for all infections. Abd during the treatment use condoms till after the treatment.

After that you guys can do tests for fertility. Hopefully a lil tweaking here n there God will answer you speedily.

Please no blame games here. B4 u start thinking of who gave who infection. Some occur randomly, or hygeine or frm anoda carrier.

Look at d brighter picture n do d needful fast.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Has Pregnancy Symptoms But Not Pregnant, What Could Be Wrong With Her? by andyanders: 4:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
Op, are you sure you never came back with STD? Having her experiencing pain during and after urinating translates to an infection. Irregular menstruation also could as a result of infection.

You need to see a doctor in order to determine what the problem is.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Who Lost 4 Children In Kerosene Explosion Runs Mad / Kenyan Doctors Separate Conjoined Twins: First In Africa / Boy Who Was Declared "Dead” Recovers (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.