Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa - Politics (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa (583064 Views)

Obaseki: Oshiomhole Is Afraid Of Educated People Because He Didn’t Go To School / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People / Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 11:16am On Sep 14, 2019
Charleys:
Nigger I'm not speaking,

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by robotix: 11:34am On Sep 14, 2019
delpee:

Ignorance! I just finished my ebolo vegetable soup. smiley
Yorubas are highly urbanised and a lot of people have lost solid contact with their roots so they don't know much about the various local soups made by our grandmothers from very nutritious vegetables like amunututu, sokoyokoto, ebolo, efinrin, ewuro and gbure. These vegetables are also herbal remedies for those who know how to use them. All eaten with iyan in the villages.

There's also ila alasepo, gbegiri, apon (ogbono) and elegede soups. Ewedu is a wonderful vegetable and herbal medicine.

I agree that most young Yorubas don't know much about these veggies and most bukas prepare the cheapest vegetable and egusi or ewedu.

I dey eat Amala steady lol. I spent a huge part of my childhood in Lagos. From age 3 to 15.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ijaya123: 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
Charleys:

I told you not to quote me, I was joking and made it peaceful but you didn't listen, I'm going to derail this thread forever.

1. Do you Know that in my place it is an abomination to add stew in a soup for someone, it shows that the person can't cook therefore he or she uses that stew to cover up his or her bad cooking.

2. How will you be eating stew all your life and believe you are actually eating. Most of the Stew isn't tomatoes but pepper a little tomatoes then more of pepper. You're all deceiving yourself.

3. I wonder how you people eat and lick your fingers, the first day I saw a Yoruba soup, I vomited. I swear to God just looking at it made me vomit.

4. Yorubas are the dirtiest people on Earth, their women and men are dirty. You only need to look at your younger brother or sister to know about this.
In my language the word for Yoruba means "the people of dirt." If there's someone from my place reading this then he will know what I'm saying.

No wonder why they call you demons for a reason.

All I see here are just rants of a frustrated and jealous soul.

Your opinion changes nothing. In fact it is of zero consequence.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by kayfra: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
delpee:

Ignorance! I just finished my ebolo vegetable soup. smiley
Yorubas are highly urbanised and a lot of people have lost solid contact with their roots so they don't know much about the various local soups made by our grandmothers from very nutritious vegetables like amunututu, sokoyokoto, ebolo, efinrin, ewuro and gbure. These vegetables are also herbal remedies for those who know how to use them. All eaten with iyan in the villages.

There's also ila alasepo, gbegiri, apon (ogbono) and elegede soups. Ewedu is a wonderful vegetable and herbal medicine.

I agree that most young Yorubas don't know much about these veggies and most bukas prepare the cheapest vegetable and egusi or ewedu.

Don't feed the troll and don't derail this thread by feeding the troll. Ignore "it"

It's a beautiful thread and it shouldn't be littered with useless content

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by NGpatriot: 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ijaya123: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2019
Charleys:

Travel out of your dirt hole and you'll know my opinion counts.
I have Yoruba friends that I personally trained to become the best of themselves.
Your traditions don't mean a thing when 99% of okada riders are Northerners. Your security men are Northerners. And you have a roundabout called Muslims.

I feel sorry for you guys man.

You sound like someone in severe pains. Get well soon.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by hargbolahan01: 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
Charleys:

Travel out of your dirt hole and you'll know my opinion counts.
I have Yoruba friends that I personally trained to become the best of themselves.
Your traditions don't mean a thing when 99% of okada riders are Northerners. Your security men are Northerners. And you have a roundabout called Muslims.

I feel sorry for you guys man.
how does giving a roundabout make you cry

and don't forget that dirt is the destination of investment in Nigeria and place where your people can't coming too

why don't you leave the place and go to your London look enugu and your Monaco nnewi and let's see you regret it

bunch of ungrateful human being

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Johnnyessence(m): 4:40am On Sep 20, 2019
Charleys:

I told you not to quote me, I was joking and made it peaceful but you didn't listen, I'm going to derail this thread forever.

1. Do you Know that in my place it is an abomination to add stew in a soup for someone, it shows that the person can't cook therefore he or she uses that stew to cover up his or her bad cooking.

2. How will you be eating stew all your life and believe you are actually eating. Most of the Stew isn't tomatoes but pepper a little tomatoes then more of pepper. You're all deceiving yourself.

3. I wonder how you people eat and lick your fingers, the first day I saw a Yoruba soup, I vomited. I swear to God just looking at it made me vomit.

4. Yorubas are the dirtiest people on Earth, their women and men are dirty. You only need to look at your younger brother or sister to know about this.
In my language the word for Yoruba means "the people of dirt." If there's someone from my place reading this then he will know what I'm saying.

No wonder why they call you demons for a reason.
lol see this nairalanders joker. you are funny no be small.
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Johnnyessence(m): 4:58am On Sep 20, 2019
Onikan, Lagos Is The 3rd Coolest Neighborhood In The
World.

CNN has ranked Onikan in Lagos as the 3rd coolest
neighborhood in the world.
At last, Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial capital, has made the
news for all the right reasons on the world stage.
A CNN magazine publication, Time Out , has listed Onikan, a
Lagos neighborhood, as one of the coolest places to visit in
the world.
Only Arroios in Lisbon, Portugal and Shimokitazawa in Tokyo,
Japan, were ranked higher than Lagos by the global
publication.
50 neighborhoods around the world made the cut.
CNN writes that: “When you're deciding where to spend your
vacation, you might think about famous attractions or
gorgeous natural wonders.
"But if you really want to get to know a city like a local, your
best bet is to look for the neighborhoods where they hang out,
where the most interesting new restaurants, art galleries and
coffee shops emerge."
In its Onikan citation, the self-acclaimed ‘World News Leader’
writes: “Nigeria's biggest city is home to artists, writers,
designers and Nollywood actors. You might spot some of
them hanging out in cool Onikan, where "past, present and
future collide effortlessly."
“The central neighborhood on the Lagos Lagoon is home to
some of the city's most important cultural offerings, including
the Nigerian National Museum and Rele Gallery, which focuses
on contemporary art.”
Cool and the gang
Pilsen, Chicago was ranked number 10, Astoria in New York
was ranked number 8, Wedding in Berlin was ranked number 5
while Arroios in Lisbon was ranked number 1.
The 50 coolest neighborhoods to visit in the world, according
to CNN’s Time Out , are as follows:
1. Arroios, Lisbon
2. Shimokitazawa, Tokyo
3. Onikan, Lagos
4. Wedding, Berlin
5. Historic Filipinotown, Los Angeles
6. The Waterfront, Hobart
7. Strasbourg-Saint-Denis, Paris
8. Astoria, New York
9. Embajadores, Madrid
10. Pilsen, Chicago
11. Peckham, London
12. Soi Pridi Banomyong/Phra Khanong, Bangkok
13. Footscray, Melbourne
14. Zhongshan, Taipei
15. Kerem Hatelmanim and Shuk HaCarmel, Tel Aviv
16. Kypseli, Athens
17. Jalatlaco, Oaxaca
18. District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
19. Juárez, Mexico City
20. Poblenou, Barcelona
21. Jamestown, Accra
22. Verdun, Montreal
23. Overseas Chinese Town, Shenzhen
24. Holly, Austin
25. Bom Retiro, São Paulo
26. Katendrecht, Rotterdam
27. Ancoats, Manchester
28. Corktown, Detroit
29. Gemmayzeh and Mar Mikhaël, Beirut
30. Barranco, Lima
31. Dogpatch, San Francisco
32. Vesterbro, Copenhagen
33. Naeja-dong, Seoul
34. Yppenplatz and Brunnenmarkt, Vienna
35. Easton, Bristol
36. The Junction, Toronto
37. Kadıköy-Moda, Istanbul
38. Kelvinbridge, Glasgow
39. Oltrarno, Florence
40. Old Havana, Havana
41. Melville, Johannesburg
42. Stoneybatter, Dublin
43. Bartók, Budapest
44. Downtown, Miami
45. Tanjong Pagar, Singapore
46. Nové Město, Prague
47. Bandra West, Mumbai
48. Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong
49. Old Xuhui, Shanghai
50. Dorćol, Belgrade

Onikan is perched on the Lagos lagoon and is a melting pot of some sort. It is also the business and banking hub of Lagos.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/onikan-lagos-is-the-3rd-
coolest-neighborhood-in-the-world/0cvnmnh

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
Onikan is now quite unsafe. Two of my friends were robbed 1 month ago in the early hours of the morning, at 6:30 a.m, right in front of Yoruba Tennis Club.

I also received reports of several other robberies, thefts and bag snatching that have occurred at the Onikan roundabout.

Yet, there is a police station, a police mess and an airforce hospital, right in that area.

Very sad!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by pazienza(m): 1:07am On Sep 21, 2019
Uchek:
"Most ignorant people always think prosperity is measured by selling from 2by2 shops or by assembling China auto parts and rebranding it as locally produced.

What is the thrust of your posting?

The usual chestbeating they are best at, while accusing Ndiigbo of what they are most guilty of.
That you highlighted, is the main thrust of his long mischievous verbose write up. The rest there were mainly words to disguise the main thrust.

I shudder at these lots reasoning.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2019
A Nigerian female pilot, becomes the first African woman to fly the Boeing Dreamliner plane on an international route, for a foreign airline.

Her name? Adeola Sowemimo. What are the lyrics of that old R & B song? "You've come a long way baby..."

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by blaqoracle: 4:22am On Sep 28, 2019
totit:

Bro, believe me you,most of them never imagined yorubas are this productive,creative just because we don't make noise.

Anyway,i will be back to shock ipppodshhhhdudu more grin
the largest commodity these yeasterners contribute to our GDP is noise.

8 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Ijaya123: 6:53am On Sep 29, 2019
blaqoracle:
the largest commodity these yeasterners contribute to our GDP is noise.

You're spot on bro.

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MoneyMan5: 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
Meet Nigerian Akinlolu Ojo, head of top US university, has over N72bn research money

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1271737-akinlolu-ojo-named-executive-dean-university-kansas.html

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MoneyMan5: 12:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
Meet the Nigerian doctor who has performed over 100 implants using the Watchman device to prevent stroke

https://face2faceafrica.com/article/meet-the-nigerian-doctor-who-has-performed-over-100-implants-using-the-watchman-device-to-prevent-stroke

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MoneyMan5: 12:44pm On Nov 10, 2019
Meet Kafayat Sanni; First female fighter pilot in Nigerian Air Force’s 55-year-history

https://face2faceafrica.com/article/meet-kafayat-sanni-first-female-fighter-pilot-in-nigerian-air-forces-55-year-history
Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by MoneyMan5: 12:47pm On Nov 10, 2019
Nigerian Air Force Wings First Female Fighter And Combat Pilots, Others

Kafayat Sanni and Tolulope Arotile were commissioned alongside 11 other fighter pilots.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2019/10/16/nigerian-air-force-wings-first-female-combat-pilot-others/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by PureFace1(m): 11:03am On Nov 11, 2019
Governor of California appoints another Nigerian Tokunbo as 1st black director of transportation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1273359-governor-california-appoints-nigerian-adetokunbo-1st-black-director-transportation.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by PureFace1(m): 11:15am On Nov 11, 2019
5-year-old Nigerian girl Lily Adeleye becomes youngest CEO of hair accessories brand in top US store

https://www.legit.ng/1273731-5-year-nigerian-girl-lily-adeleye-youngest-ceo.html

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
MoneyMan5:
Meet Nigerian Akinlolu Ojo, head of top US university, has over N72bn research money

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/1271737-akinlolu-ojo-named-executive-dean-university-kansas.html
Awesome!! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by Omoodua007: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2019
Don’t forget
The 1st wealthiest state in Nigeria is Yoruba land
The 1st,2nd &3rd non oil wealthiest state is Yoruba land
Yoruba land has the largest budget in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by robotix: 6:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
I love this thread...

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by plaindealer: 4:23am On Nov 18, 2019
Nigerian wins top USD $250,000 African Netprenuer prize

Temie Giwa-Tubosun was crowned the winner of the African Netprenuer prize Initiative during the ‘Africa’s Business Heroes Show’ at the Accra International Conference Centre in Accra, Ghana.

The initiative, founded by Jack Ma, brought together ten of the best young entrepreneurs for a chance to win a share of USD $1 million.

These were entrepreneurs chosen from over 50 African countries over a 7 month period, who demonstrated great passion and initiative to change their communities for the better.

The ten shortlisted finalists had one last chance to present their business pitches to the four judges – Jack Ma, Executive Vice Chairman, Alibaba Group, the other judges were; Strive Masiyiwa,Founder and Executive Chairman – Econet Group, Joe Tsai, Executive Vice Chairman – Alibaba Group and Ibukun AwosikaChairman, First Bank of Nigeria Limited, where Temie emerged as the winner.

https://africa.cgtn.com/2019/11/17/nigerian-wins-top-usd-250000-african-netprenuer-prize/

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by plaindealer: 4:50am On Nov 18, 2019
Konga founder Sim Shagaya’s first ever company, E-Motion Advertising acquired by Seyi Tinubu’s Loatsad Promomedia

In May 2006, barely six years before he started Konga in 2012, Sim Shagaya quit his job as Google Africa Lead to focus on running his first company — E-Motion Advertising. He had started the company in 2005, while still at Google. Still alive and running today, the outdoor advertising firm recently got acquired by fast-rising Lagos-based advertising company, Loatsad Promomedia.

While Loatsad Promomedia co-founder and CEO, Seyi Tinubu confirmed the acquisition through his Instagram page, the value and other details of the acquisition are not yet public. Nevertheless, the acquisition appears timely and extremely beneficial.

E-Motion Advertising is reportedly a profitable venture, with billboards and other outdoor advertising properties in prime locations across eight cities in Nigeria. Perhaps its most prominent property is its ‘Static Cube’ board positioned within Lekki Roundabout, along the Lekki-Epe expressway in Lago

https://techpoint.africa/2019/11/17/sim-shagaya-emotion-acquired/

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by plaindealer: 4:54am On Nov 18, 2019

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10585998_0_jpeg37d473e6ddd9a12d2adf7c748e2ee2ef

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586002_20190820200957_jpegcb59de1cbb6ab17ea826518fcb01cb65

Seyi Tinubu (LLB, LLM, BL)

Oluwaseyi Tinubu received a LLB from the University of Buckingham, United Kingdom, in 2011, became a member of Nigeria Bar Association in 2013. Exposure to the law has him pursue further legal education (LLM) at University of Buckingham, United Kingdom.

Mr Seyi Tinubu’s vast companies and investments spans across Energy, Construction, Agriculture, Advertising, Technology, Human Resource, Entertainment, Branding. Over the recent years Mr Seyi has expanded his reach beyond Loatsad Promomedia to establish other companies as well as partnering with various multinational companies within Nigeria on a number of success projects.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10585998_0_jpeg37d473e6ddd9a12d2adf7c748e2ee2ef

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by plaindealer: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10589615_b2f2ec3b7df642c9b75fe8041d88277f_jpegb6a3fc53d9cb939e3ceea9c99ebbfbdd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10589616_30903e6e542e46abb0d2c32e2fc9b2b9_jpege898665ab5d4e917aad312d45b654a01

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10589630_92314faa70ba4e8d877d92830e718845_jpege0d86f6f7513115e216fe08c99293e2b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10589631_e5d6714323584deba6e0d5378a318f10_jpegff81cbee63b09d28233982528b1bf073

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10589628_96a7e53698444a2abbb2133a69994ceb_jpegdf5c5df1d0176fdd25c2ed014d432b03

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10590532_1_png4a47a0db6e60853dedfcfdf08a5ca249

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10590533_33_png9c86482e30a12260a6d0bbbcb91e82ad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10590531_22_jpeg2ddb582a11acd6f750cc3f46aaa54520

CEO of Reach Robotics

Silas is the founder and CEO of Reach Robotics, a company developing the world's first gaming robots. He also recently graduated with a 1st class degree and has a 4 year background in robotics; he is currently located at the Bristol Robotics Lab which is the best robotics research centre in the UK. He managed the Prince’s Trust’s “Robotics in schools” program in Bristol in partnership with UWE for 4 years, leading a team of engineering students into schools to develop the interest of young students in STEM through robotics. Reach Robotics was founded from his love of creating and sharing robotics with people both young and old.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10590533_33_png9c86482e30a12260a6d0bbbcb91e82ad

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
When Femi Otedola sold 17% of his shares in Forte Oil to Mecuria Energy Group in 2015, it was expected that the deal would add about 200 million USD to his firm's assets and cash flow.

Last year he relinquished his shareholding in Forte Oil to focus on Amperion Power, an IPP power generation company.

Mercuria, the world’s third largest independent energy traders and asset operators has been successful in its bid to acquire a 17 per cent stake in Forte Oil Plc, a Nigerian indigenous petroleum products marketer and power generating company.

With this deal, Mercuria enhances its goal of becoming a more vertically integrated business in the Oil trading market and offers Forte Oil access to a global market where its goal is to become a key African player in the energy and power sector.
https://www.proshareng.com/news/All/Forte-Oil-sell-Proshare/28679

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 12:44am On Nov 24, 2019
The first gold refinery is being constructed in Southwestern Nigeria, by a lady.

Nere Teriba is the Vice- Chairman of Kian Smith Refinery.

As an Entrepreneur, Mediator & Strategist, she has worked for sustainable community solutions in several countries.

She holds a BSE and MSE from Carnegie-Mellon University in Electrical and Computer Engineering.

The plant will begin with a production capability of three tonnes per month of 99% gold and 1 ton per month production of 99.99% silver. “We will be providing the Central Bank, the Jewellery and the Electronic Industry with our products. We will be supplying the Central Bank, the Jewellery and the Electronic Industry,” said Nere Teriba, chairperson of Kian Smith at the groundbreaking.

“We have already secured a major monthly offer of gold from Zamfara, Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Kaduna, Ibadan, Ile-Ife, Ilesha and about 100kg per month from other parts of Africa. We area unit presently finalizing offer agreements and terms from suppliers in Kano. Next week, we’ll be securing offer from Kogi State,” she said.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/constructionreviewonline.com/2019/01/construction-of-nigerias-first-gold-refinery-begins/%3famp

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa by CeterisXVII: 1:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
He made it!! cheesy cool CONGRATULATIONS to Anthony' Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (319) (Reply)

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.