Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,064 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) (7241 Views)

Anambra May Not Be A True Igbo State: See Reasons / So You Guys Have Finally Agreed That Rivers State Is An Igbo State. / Biafra: South-east Elders Submit Petition To US, UN On Igbos’ Plight In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by victor4ekele(m): 6:39am On Jul 13, 2017
IGALA:THE PLIGHT OF IGALA PEOPLE IN ANAMBRA STATE.
lgala is an ethnic group In Nigeria with over ten million population as of now. The home of the Igala people is situated east of the river Niger and Benue confluence and astride the Niger.
the Igala people share boundary with the igbos(ibo) people at the south, idoma at the east, Benis people at the west and Ebira people at the north.
The Igala people are found in Kogi state with 55 percent of kogi state population and also found in Anambra state, Enugu state, Edo state and Delta state.
The Igala people which are found in the Anambra west are mostly Mmiata Anam, Umuoba-Abegbu Anam, Umuenwelum Anam, Oroma-Etiti,Umueze Anam, Umudora Anam, Umuikwu Anam, Inoma-Akator, Nzam, Igbedor and Iyiora Anam all from the family of Ogbe the descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin(Idah is traditional headquarters of Igala kingdom) Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida.
The family of ogbe and other Anambra west villages. Anam, Anako, and Akpanam people have recently neglected their real tribe Igala which was the language they were speaking originally as their mother tongue before the Nigeria civil war.
As a Igala tribe in an Igbo state, it is very difficult because Anambra state government has make it compulsory for all the school to speak igbo(ibo) through out which sometime makes it difficult for Igala young one to speak Igala.
Igala people in Anambra west are making a lot of mistakes now because some of them are given igbo names to their children rather than Igala name. They know that they are Igala people but the Anambra west generations of youths does not really knows who there are rather they thinks they are igbo because most of them bears Igbo names.
The history of Nzam are traces back to descendants of General Ajida, a notable warrior of Idah origin who came to the town. Ajida is the father of field marshal Ogbe who was married to Iyida. He was the first settler of the present place Ogbe area of Anambra west.
In my interview with a man called chinedu Idoko an indigene of the land. I ask him about himself and his tribes and also his names.
This was his reply, my names is chinedu Idoko, I am an Igala man, but I bears igbo names while my father names Idoko Atama an Igala names. I was given the name after the Nigeria civil war in in 1971.
Speaking further to chinedu.
Why are you people in this Generation doesn't want to give yourself Igala names again? I don't know maybe it is because we are living in Anambra an Igbo state. But we still speak our Igala language as our mother tongue.
Most youths in Anambra who are bearing Igbo names and some times are not living in Anambra west will thinks that there are igbos not knowing there Igala people.
Our land has lack development and government neglection on our land. Our only roads that links our town is not something we might talks about because it is not good.
We are the least undeveloped area i Anambra state lacking many facilities.
Nzam people must know their origin and try to preserve their origin before it dies off.
An advice to Ogbe family of Anambra west. Stop given your children Igbo names and teach your children how to speak Igala.
Do you know that the king of Nzam originally was called Ide of Nzam. Which means the Guardian of Nzam people. Ide means Guardian in igala not igwe now they are calling them.
This post was written by Ojonugwa Victor, an admin of Igala nation unite freedom fighter and should not be copy without consulting me.
©Igala nation unite freedom fighter —

Source:
https://mobile.facebook.com/igalaford/photos/a.331637373845759.1073741827.327533790922784/385645421778287/?type=3&_ft_=top_level_post_id.385645421778287%3Atl_objid.385645421778287%3Apage_id.327533790922784%3Athid.327533790922784%3A306061129499414%3A69%3A0%3A1501570799%3A-5703569366351177312

2 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by victor4ekele(m): 6:46am On Jul 13, 2017
Let this post get to front-page please.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 13, 2017
This is the first time I'm hearing this; and I bet most people, and perhaps the government. Obiano team should investigate this, if true, they must begin development of their villages. Igbos naturally believe in fairness and justice of all human being irrespective creed, ethnicity, race, disability, e.t.c.;...marginalizing people is not in our blood.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by StakerLives(m): 6:49am On Jul 13, 2017
PeaceGord:
Improve your English.
shocked sometimes i wish seun could rid nairaland of some dumbful faceless idiots who stoop around looking for ones fault.
Am sure he doesnt have a C in his english waec(if he sat for one)

2 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by PeaceGord: 6:56am On Jul 13, 2017
Improve your English.

2 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Danzakidakura(m): 6:56am On Jul 13, 2017
Nigerians are mixed up we have Igbo's in Benue,kogi,benin and even jos and nasarawa the Obi people of nasarawa are Igbo's,so my dear were ever you find yourself change and follow the dominant tribes, in heaven which is our permanent abode there will not be language colour and nationality, don't kill yourself because a little time you have yo spend on earth and cause problem and hatred to people who have but little time to live .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Kondomatic(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2017
sean1000x:
This is the first time I'm hearing this; and I bet most people, and perhaps the government. Obiano team should investigate this, if true, they must begin development of their villages. Igbos naturally believe in fairness and justice of all human being irrespective creed, ethnicity, race, disability, e.t.c.;...marginalizing people is not in our blood.
Nobody is marginalizing them bro

5 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Igboesika: 6:59am On Jul 13, 2017
There is equity, justice and fairness in Anambra state.
Don't believe everything on the net.

28 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by juman(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2017
Danzakidakura:
Nigerians are mixed up we have Igbo's in Benue,kogi,benin and even jos and nasarawa the Obi people of nasarawa are Igbo's,so my dear were ever you find yourself change and follow the dominant tribes, in heaven which is our permanent abode there will not be language colour and nationality, don't kill yourself because a little time you have yo spend on earth and cause problem and hatred to people who have but little time to live .

They are concern about neglect and their origin is disappearing while you talk about another thing entirely.

4 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by nero2face: 6:59am On Jul 13, 2017
but when KANU said some parts of Kogi and Benue is Biafra, some people said he's trying to force other states to his region, afonja come and learn oh

20 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by juman(m): 7:01am On Jul 13, 2017
One nigeria is total waste of time, nigeria can never be a modern society.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by joeprince23(m): 7:03am On Jul 13, 2017
i have lived in anambra for over five year and my inlaws are from there,so i will make a few points.

anambra west lga is one out of the 21 lga’s that make up anambra ,and yes their a few igala/igbo mixed villages in anambra west lga, anambra population is 98% igbo and 2% olumbanasa people( igala included) found in northwestern part of anambra ie.anambra west lga.
but make no mistake NOBODY is marginalising any body the problem here is that most of this communities are either remote or riverine. just like most underdebeloped commutities in anambra are mostly riverine.
anambra west lga is totally disconnected and remote from central anambra and the rest of anambra.
the same way they are igbos in abi lga of cross river and ndoki-igbos in akwa ibom state etc,but my point is these igbos are not significant just like igalas in anambra west lga are insignificant the best these minorities can do is to assimiliate into their respective states.
NOTE: There is significante igbo populations only in rivers and delta ouside SE nigeria just like yorubas in kogi and benue ouside SW.
The present governor who is from riverine part of anambra east lga is doing a lot to open up many riverine and creek communities in anambra so instead of a NON ANAMBRARIAN from idah kogi state to start this false misleading write up on FACEBOOK about ANAMBRA affairs,he should focus himself with huge marginalisation from the IGALA’S against ebira and okun people in kogi state or even to lokoja where GOV BELLO is failing massively

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by sujezy: 7:03am On Jul 13, 2017
mtcheeew
Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Okoroawusa: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2017
Danzakidakura:
r u ok?
Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Danzakidakura(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2017
Okoroawusa:
r u ok?
No sir,
Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by EmeeNaka: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2017
What's the cry of Igala people about?
There are no Igala lands in Anambra state rather Igala people. The Igalas in Kogi are not better than Igalas in Anambra state. Anambra is a marginalized state, so everybody in Anambra is marginalized.

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by AustineE1: 7:22am On Jul 13, 2017
The Igala communities in Anambra are basically riverine areas and the terrain is similar to the niger-delta creeks,so this makes it difficult to navigate and bring in much needed development and the igbo communities in those areas face similar challenges,but effort are geared towards doing all that is possible to fix it right. Governor Obiano has done much towards opening up the agrarian and riverine communities of Anambra state,in other to be at par with other zones of the state and no one can dispute it.
Igbos and Anambrarians are known to be there brothers keepers and no form of discrimination has been recorded against the Igala people. The Anambra Broadcasting station(ABS) Awka,always present news in English,Igbo and Igala. In an effort to carry every indigene of the state along and give all sense of belonging.
The Atah of Igala can testify to this and the cordiality between the Igbos and Igala speaking people wherever they are.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2017
Posting a picture of a bad road does not justify maginalization.. we have that in every state.

The Anambra people i know never goes with the crowd except everyone is in agreement, they would rather stand with the marginalized and address their agression. That is why they have no king. Its a level playing ground for all (indigenes and non-indigenes).. most times people mistake it for Greed.

I remember my friend always inviting me to his house, just because he knows his parents would treat visitors special irrespective of any form of division.. grin grin and he partakes from it.. "Good old days"

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by opalu: 7:24am On Jul 13, 2017
Too bad
Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2017
PeaceGord:
Improve your English.

What does that have to do with the message?

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by newbornmacho(m): 7:34am On Jul 13, 2017
Danzakidakura:
Not trying to argue with you but in heaven there will be every tribe and every tongue and language...going by the Bible.
Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Luciferdevil(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2017
PeaceGord:
Improve your English.
How does that affect the message he is passing through, English teacher. Some people are jst naturally fumb, always finding fault in someone else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Khd95(m): 7:36am On Jul 13, 2017
namdi KANU: Igala is part of Biafragrin
Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Luciferdevil(m): 7:37am On Jul 13, 2017
PeaceGord:
Improve your English.
How does that affect the message he is passing through, English teacher. Some people are jst naturally dumb, always finding fault in someone else.

3 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by LionDeLeo: 7:41am On Jul 13, 2017
Hmmm
Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 13, 2017
What of the plight of Igbos in Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Peinstein: 7:51am On Jul 13, 2017
Nigeria indeed has ethnic groups dispersed across several states, only few states are homogenous.

However I want to correct your assertion that Obi people in Nasarawa are Igbo's. I don't know about how they came about that name, but it is not a hard thing to find names in other areas similar to what you have in other well defined ethnic groups.

Obi people in Nasarawa are not Igbo. The Igbo people there are migrants. Obi people are just like their brothers in Jenkwe, Ayaragu, Awe all belong to the ethnic groups normally shared between Nasarawa and Plateau and a few local ones. If you have your doubts meet with the emir or obi. His palace is not too far from the main bus stop in Obi.

While you have IBO people there selling their items like provisions as they do in other areas, they all return home to the east during Xmas and new year. In fact it would be difficult for you to get some provisions during this period as the Igbo's who normally sell it would have returned to their towns in the east for the yuletide.

Don't define a people's culture by the name of their town.

Danzakidakura:

3 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by PeaceGord: 7:51am On Jul 13, 2017
Luciferdevil:
How does that affect the message he is passing through English teacher. Some people are jst naturally fumb, always finding fault in someone else.

You're an ignoramus.

Improve your English too.
Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by Luciferdevil(m): 7:55am On Jul 13, 2017
PeaceGord:

You're an ignoramus.

Improve your English too.
You are frustrated i see that. Go nd look for something to eat nd stop hating. assh*le.

2 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by afonjaheadhunt: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2017
OP I rushed into your thread with keen enthusiasm to read cause it as it concerned my dear state and I know in Anambra every one is equal so I needed to see who was marginalized and how that is even possible. However opening the thread I was disappointed that the very first sentence that greeted my presence was a lie, at that point I realize that this was another one of those thread that want to project Ndi Igbo in bad light, How can you assume that the Igala people are 10 million in Number even the Ijaws and Awka cross will not be bold to project such numbers as their population.

Going further into your post I was systematically loosing my breath at each grasped of fresh lies that greeted my nostrils, the kind of lie you tell on this thread would hug a porcupine and still use it to dry it skin after a cold bath, how can you boldly tell a lie with a straight face and drink water without choking on it, you and the devil must share the same linage, you even said the Anambra state govt mandated all schools in the state to speak Igbo language in schools, what blatant lies, Anambra schools only witness cultural day every Wednesday and Igalas are not barred from speaking their language, heck the language is even spoken on the state broadcast service.

You even make bold to say that "IDE" use to be the tittle of the King before it was changed, shockingly for your lies or out of crass ignorance your also skipped the understanding that the word IDE is also a Igbo word shared among both having slight difference in meaning, could mean; warrior, guardian, brave man, etc. then you go further to tell us about general Ogbe, Ogbe is also a shared name amongst both Igbo and Igala people, Ogbe means, "Area" "Territory" in Igbo however you failed to tell us what it means in Igala, Igbo's also bear the name it is common to see Igbo's that have not Igala connection bear Ogbe, so Op please be guided and stop with the lies.

Also you must realize that all the communities that you mentioned are not strictly Igala communities as you try to portray Igala share those communities with the Igbo's who are also indigenous to those communities, so tell me how is it now Igala community when Igala have Igbo's there and have failed to recognize those Igbo's as existing, now tell me who is marginalizing the other, whose fault is it that the Igala people give their children Igbo names? Was this the directive of the state government or just the personal decision of the Igala natives in the state and if the later is your answer why should the Igbo's be called out for you own personal decisions that you make, is it, so you call us dictators?

Please if that road you posted there is one of the signs of your so-called marginalization then you are joking because clearly that is a remote road, that leads to know where or just some other remote community as you know that state government does not have the resources to do all that roads in the states as such so many rural communities are littered with such roads. While it is correct to say no one is perfect but one cannot overlook the fact that the SE governors try as much as possible to be fair and equitable in carrying out their duties in their state. Moreover the current governor of Anambra is from your zone and I am sure you cannot ignore or even in your skilled craft of lying you will be caught in a web trying to deny his effort at bringing development to that part of the state. Shalom.

14 Likes

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by afonjaheadhunt: 8:05am On Jul 13, 2017
Heya the OP aim of creating the thread have failed, the OP wanted anti-Ipob to flood the thread with all manner of comments, but was shut in his tracks grin

1 Like

Re: The Cry Of Igala People In Anambra State(igala Plight In Igbo State) by SGANIVA(m): 8:05am On Jul 13, 2017
there is no marginalization or whatsoever in igbo land, anambrarians and enugu people have trained quite number s of indigenous igala business men and women .the problem of this small community is the location , mostly river line areas . igalas , idomas are the largest beneficiary 's of igbo success before akwa ibom.nobody is forcing them to change names, the intentionally change names to feel belong. I know more than 30 igala business men and women that answer igbo names , the worst part is this , when you ask them were the are from , some wont even answer you why some will just say , igbo from enugu or anambra .do you know most igbo business men who do business in border towns of Lagos are actually igalas .badagry, Ijaniki etc

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of Atiku Abubakar As A Custom Officer / Obidients & Sane Nigerians, Let's Count The Results From The IREV. / AUST Bars Graduating Students From Seeking Jobs Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.