Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met (29965 Views)

Bovi Celebrates His 'Darling' Manager, Ann Obaseki. Gets Blasted, He Fires Back / Bovi Celebrates His Brother, Zino Ugboma On His Birthday (Photos) / Photos: Check Out Toke Makinwa's Sexy Look To Rita Dominic's Birthday Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by AdoraAmadi: 6:43am On Jul 13, 2017
Beautiful and ageless Nollywood actress, Rita Dominic turned 42 yesterday and several of her colleagues took to their social media pages to celebrate her, but this lovely tribute by veteran Nigerian comedian, Bovi caught our attention.

In this his birthday post for her, he talked about how he met the actress during his humble beginnings as RMD’s personal assistant. He wrote;

“When I started working as RMD’s personal assistant in 2004, I came across most of the entertainers who were pretty popular at the time. In all honesty, many of them were not nice. It makes me remember the few who were. I don’t blame them though. The hysteria from fans usually left them exposed and vulnerable to something thats hard to handle : fame. And Rmd was huge (he still is). Like when you saw RMD, every other being around him seemed like shadows. I know this because he would later send me on errands back to some of these stars and when I told them “we met the last time. I was the one with RMD” they would have this surprised look. Absolutely no recollection.
Rita however falls in the bracket of the select few who didn’t have to notice but she did. This is all the more interesting because I did something virtually every entertainer hates. On my first encounter with her, once she answered my greetings warmly, I called up a friend and passed the phone to Rita to talk to. She indulged me. Looking back, I cringe because that was pushing my luck (and excitement) too far.
I will later help Rita under the instructions of my Oga with some print jobs. That was in 2005. After that, we didn’t cross paths again. I will see Rita again 7 years later at 2faces birthday party. I coyly went up to her and said “good evening. My name is Bovi. Don’t know if you remember….”. “bovi are you stupid? Like really? you’re asking me if I remember you”, she obstructed! We hugged, and laughed and caught up with time.
My two “first” meetings with her taught me two lessons in humility. One; It’s very hard to fake. Two; It is however learnable. I’m still learning it.
Riri, As natural and ordinary as those instances seem, they went a long way in boosting someone’s self confidence and belief. Maya Angelou said our legacy is not the monuments we build or money we make; our legacy is the lives we touch. I am one of your legacies.
Happy birthday Rita Dominic.”

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/07/bovi-pours-encomium-rita-dominic-remembers-first-time-met.html

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by ZeroUnity: 6:44am On Jul 13, 2017
Congratulations Sweetie, Your Happiness and your societal goals is more important than these post failed marriage desires people are wishing you...

God bless you Ma.

47 Likes

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by LalasticSeun(f): 6:52am On Jul 13, 2017
Really..so you be RMD p.a before

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by Kondomatic(m): 6:55am On Jul 13, 2017
Some people are aging backwards sha. 42 and she's still incredibly hot while me wey never reach 30 is already looking like an old Egyptian cart

84 Likes

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by phlamesG: 6:56am On Jul 13, 2017
Wow! Humility really pays and first impression matters a lot.

At least for today have learnt something very important.

8 Likes

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by pzmedia(m): 7:03am On Jul 13, 2017
that makes sense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by femolacqua(m): 7:15am On Jul 13, 2017
Nice

2 Likes

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by inourcare: 7:17am On Jul 13, 2017
All Good.

1 Like

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by jieta: 7:59am On Jul 13, 2017
grin
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by Caustics: 11:01am On Jul 13, 2017
angry
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by slawomir: 11:01am On Jul 13, 2017
That is it. Reminds me of your TV series. Extended family. That was the days of your little beginning. I love that TV series like crazy.
My grandfather says if you want to be successful you must avoid four things. They are greediness, anger, lust for women and the fourth which is the greatest is PRIDE
Do not despise the days of your little begining
When going gets tough then tough gradually get going
The only thing that separate dangote and a poor man is time and sense. With time and a good sense you will be wealthy

40 Likes

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by NwaAmaikpe: 11:01am On Jul 13, 2017
shocked

I always respected Bovi and admired him as a thriving youngman, having followed his sturdy growth in the entertainment industry.

However, I lost all respect for him and now have a growing resentment for him
Because he obviously has forgotten how he started and won't give newcomers same opportunity.
The only reason who wrote this nonsense is because he considers Rita Dominic A-list.

How many of his childhood friends has he celebrated via an elaborate social media post?

He is arrogant to nobodies and even his fans.

He revealed this when he turned down Debbie Rise's request while still in the Big Brother house to perform for free in his show.
He turns her down with the words which are forever inscribed in the corner of my heart where I save resentments.

He said,
"I can't say yes or no now, in fact, I'm sorry you can't perform in my show, you have to crawl first before you try to fly"

That was a blow.
This same guy who begs established artistes to grace his show wouldn't let a newcomer perform for him

And since then, if I had my way, Bovi will go to hell.

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by hakeem4(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2017
sparkwil:
Happy birthday to Rita

It was nice seeing her at lekki Centro Mall last week

Is today her birthday?

1 Like

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by miqos02(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2017
@op, when did bovi became "veteran comedian"
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by jashar(f): 11:03am On Jul 13, 2017
cry cry cryawhhh..... this is so touching.... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by sparkwil(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2017
Happy birthday to Rita

It was nice seeing her at lekki Centro Mall last week

2 Likes

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by KeengTobbie(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2017
No matter how humble she seems to bovi ,some will still have proud things to say about her. That's life. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISI RITA. wink

3 Likes

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by MrMicholo(m): 11:06am On Jul 13, 2017
smiley
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by Officialzizz: 11:06am On Jul 13, 2017
grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by Onyinye15(f): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Happy birthday dear Love u plenty
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by Praktikals(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Kondomatic:
Some people are aging backwards sha. 42 and she's still incredibly hot while me wey never reach 30 is already looking like an old Egyptian cart
#MaryKayTinz

2 Likes

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by cardoctor(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Bovi, "Are u stup1d?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 13, 2017
I always loved rita Dominic, i just couldn't figure out why. Now i know.
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by Desdola(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2017
Bovi the man. Nice one
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by magabounce(m): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2017
In RMD's voice
Ah ah ahhhhhh
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by Dexema(m): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2017
Unlike some wet neva act up to 5 films go dey form papas
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by jimb(m): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2017
when conji hol man, naso e dey talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by shurch(m): 11:10am On Jul 13, 2017
Them try
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by SplendidE(f): 11:10am On Jul 13, 2017
nice one there I felt very emotional reading it it takes grace to be humble after the fame.
Re: Bovi Celebrates Rita Dominic Birthday As He Remembers The 1st Time They Met by davidodiba(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2017
Epic message

(1) (2) (Reply)

Erica Visits Abia Government House (Video) / Betta Edu Biography, Age, Husband, Networth, 585 Million Scandal / OluKayode Salako: 'Stop Reporting Me To Foluke Daramola, My Wife'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.