Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria (29098 Views)

Amotekun Will Affect Nigeria's Unity - Arewa Consultative Forum / Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) Officially Endorse Buhari For Re-election / Nigeria Youth Forum Gives Buhari 7 Days To Apologize Over Derogatory Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by poseidon12: 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
PapaBrowne:
To be fair, the are correct!

That is one huge funny problem with Nigeria. We just like rhetoric. That's how people voted in APC without asking what they meant by change.

We are screaming restructuring without any group coming out with a concise study on how we should go about it.

I support restructuring. Maybe I should try come out with a document on how we should restructure. Infact, I would.

You might want to check out the 2014 Confab report. The fact is that the North will never support restructuring unless the South unites in giving an ultimatum of "restructure or secession".

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by fumiswtpusy(f): 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

stfu. how are u sure your pusy is washed this morning. so you think Lagos can survive alone without other ethnic groups coming to live in here..
are u a student of history self..where does the lagosian you claim to be migrated from?? they are .migrant from Oyo,ijebu,osun and other Yoruba speaking States... you think Lagos island is the real Lagos.... the aworis and eguns are the real owners of the land you call Lagos...you need to go for historical study and be tutored well in this case.. I'm a Yoruba and mind you...when Oduduwa republic or South west is created out of Nigeria, Ibadan will be the capital city but Lagos will just be economic hub...get your facts before coming to a public forum to spew thrash...
Can't you see that other yorubas are disgracing us and making the world laugh at us.i don't understand how ibadan people expecially fell not bathing and smelling like chiken shit.i am tired of giving them advice or is it ogun and osun,pls I don't want my children to be used for rituals.
So let then go their way while we lagosians form our own country,
UNITED STATE OF LAGOS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by ozimec(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
Nne5:

http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/13/arewa-consultative-forum-gives-conditions-restructuring-nigeria/

It's obvious some people want the country to remain the way it is at the expense of others. No wonder whenever they hear restructuring, secession, or resource control they become apprehensive. We cannot continue like this.

4 Likes

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Nosikebit(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
OgaBuhari:
Thunder fire Arewa, fire Oduduwa join.
lol better thunder wey dey smoke weed

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by kaeycea(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
ACF is covertly expressing their disdain for restructuring because the status quo gives them advantage. I laugh at people suggesting constitutional ammendment in favour of restructuring in a house and Senate dominated by the north. It will be a naive optimism to think such, knowing that such a goal can never be achieved through a constitutional means.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by misano(m): 1:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
seguno2:
When will the Yorubas get on the restructuring train?
Why are we reluctant about this?
What are we afraid of?
Hunger in the absence of federal allocation from oil revenue?
Are we, Yorubas, so mentally lazy that we cannot survive without federal allocation?

Lagos needs federal allocation but their people will never accept that fact. They keep thinking all D state's money comes from task. I just dey laugh.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by toolovely(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

Shebi..
dats why Even Biafra sef no wan go their Biafra without "ATTACHING" South South to their map..
so everybody jus wan use us now... nditoredidianso mkpor

what differentiates you from the Biafran people you are talking about? why not speak for yourself or your state and not talking about south south? if you are from Akwa Ibom, are you from Delta State too?

6 Likes

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by misano(m): 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
guterMann:
I keep telling people shouting 'restructuring' that it will never happen.The core North is the greatest beneficiary of the status quo.They would rather die than give in to changing it.Check the numbers of L.G.As in the North compared to those in the south.The population figure of the North(for instance Kano is more 'populous' than Lagos).The number of legislators from the North etc.

Unfortunately to change the constitution the motion needs to be passed into law by majority of the legislators.As long as resources are shared according to population density and number of L.G.As,the north would never agree to restructuring.

Good luck to the proponents of restructuring,but the North I know would rather secede than give in to restructuring.

I get ur point, but saying it will NEVER happen is what I don't understand. I will like it if say it will be difficult rather than saying it will NEVER happen.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Can't you see that other yorubas are disgracing us and making the world laugh at us.i don't understand how ibadan people expecially fell not bathing and smelling like chiken shit.i am tired of giving them advice or is it ogun and osun,pls I don't want my children to be used for rituals.
UNITED STATE OF LAGOS

OSU. be proud of your erosion land. no Yoruba would fall for your foolish antics.

4 Likes

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by kechywillz(m): 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
The country's fate is determinant when the northerners decide which direction the country goes,autocracy. I believe restructuring wouldn't see the light of the day if Biafra agitation has been blowing hot for some time now. Nonsense
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by chiagozien(m): 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
fumiswtpusy:
I am a lagosian and I want the country to breakup.
Let the illiterates form their own country.
let biafra go their way and let oduduwa republic excluding we lagosians because I fumi cannot be together in the same country with an ibadan man who hardly take his bath or an ogun or oshogbo person who likes juju and ritualism more than food
United state of lagos loading.
supported republic of lagos loading

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by joenor(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2017
ok
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Neyoohpompy(m): 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
Can someone define Nigeria? This is a country formed by accident, framed with pride and cemented with patriotism. For once let us all admit this definition and focus on restructuring. However, I am sure the HALUSA/ Fulani animals wont let this happen as they know it wont favour them and vacate their superiority over other ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by fumiswtpusy(f): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2017
schoolboij:

OSU. be proud of your erosion land. no Yoruba would fall for your foolish antics.
So any yoruba girl that speaks the truth you will call that person osu.what I said is it liar.
Are most yorubas not dirty.you will even know a people by their kind of leaders.
thiefnubuu with his rotten stinking teeth.upon the fact he owns more than half of lagos with the billions.
Obasanjoo the most ugliest nigerian.
Oshomolee i can't even describe that one.i will try he looks like willie willie.
So all I am saying is that every region has their challenges and we yorubas should find a way to fight dirts and stop stinking
For me I am diffrent because my dad is yoruba while my mun ss I guess I took after my maternal people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Jelal0007(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
ZKOSOSO:

You forgot to add the useful Southern Idiots that always champion the Arewa cause then foist it on fellow Southerners like OBJ, Tinubu, Oshomole, Ameachi, Okorocha etc...
your comment sounds as sillĀ„ as ur moniker. U're the I'd!ot here when u fail 2 realise that the west teamed up with the north when gej (ur hero) turned his back on them. And yes,there are those who've being in opposition e.g okorocha. Wasn't it gej that picked up a fight with amaechi becos of dat silly wife of his called patience? What cause of arewa did all these champion? Mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Jelal0007(m): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
I laugh hard whenever I see people like Orji Uzo Kalu and likes calling for restructure without asking themselves which house will let that happen, is it the senate filled Hausa's or Reps filled Hausa's?? Believe it or not, Nigeria was designed to favour the north and anything that doesn't benefit them won't see the light of the day. Someone once said that Nigeria Is A Geographical Expression Bonded Together By Oil and I think that person isn't far from the truth at all..

NB: Will there be anything like Nigeria if north happens to be that goose that lays the golden egg?? #justthinking
Don't just think,but try 2 think straight and properly too. The North once laid the golden egg; this country once survived on agriculture (go read ur history books) did they shout or clamour 4 disintegration? We once had a system of governance where every1 was carried along (according 2 history books) until those nonentities struck and brought their unitary system of government.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Kirigidi(m): 2:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
PointZerom:

Nice thinking.

It is unfortunate the way Hausas caged Nigeria using their military might even to the point of moving the capital to their region, with the same military might they created more states and LGAs in their region for their selfish interest.

They succeeded because Southerners were cowards!
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by UncleJudax(m): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
magoo10:
Resource control is the fear of this people.
Oyel money, coupled with the fact that their leaders have made them perpetual illiterates thereby making nuisance of themselves.
Condition ko condition ni

Give us referendum

Nigerians must revolt. The north (through the house and senate) WILL NEVER allow any change that wouldn't favour them.

Else your kids would suffer same fate as you.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by ab11baddo(m): 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2017
seguno2:
When will the Yorubas get on the restructuring train?
Why are we reluctant about this?
What are we afraid of?
Hunger in the absence of federal allocation from oil revenue?
Are we, Yorubas, so mentally lazy that we cannot survive without federal allocation?
common u think we as gullible as ur retarded father not to know u are an Ipob bastard

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by emmanuelpopson(m): 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

UNITED STATE OF LAGOS

then you are not a Yoruba..sorry to say this..your assertion about other indigents of Yoruba race is demeaning and derogatory..you should not come out publicly to attack our fellow brethren ..that is my concern
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2017
misano:

I get ur point, but saying it will NEVER happen is what I don't understand. I will like it if say it will be difficult rather than saying it will NEVER happen.

Bro it will never happen.Unless 'restructuring' is done leaving the main points like fiscal federasm;resource control;confederation;quota system.

Just like the way the PIB bill was 'amended' to accommodate states that have oil facilities and where pipeline passes as host communities.

Anybody thinking otherwise is either not aware of the power balance in Nigeria or being mischievous .
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by ab11baddo(m): 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
fumiswtpusy:
I am a lagosian and I want the country to breakup.
Let the illiterates form their own country.
let biafra go their way and let oduduwa republic excluding we lagosians because I fumi cannot be together in the same country with an ibadan man who hardly take his bath or an ogun or oshogbo person who likes juju and ritualism more than food
United state of lagos loading.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by ab11baddo(m): 2:30pm On Jul 13, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

stfu. how are u sure your pusy is washed this morning. so you think Lagos can survive alone without other ethnic groups coming to live in here..
are u a student of history self..where does the lagosian you claim to be migrated from?? they are .migrant from Oyo,ijebu,osun and other Yoruba speaking States... you think Lagos island is the real Lagos.... the aworis and eguns are the real owners of the land you call Lagos...you need to go for historical study and be tutored well in this case.. I'm a Yoruba and mind you...when Oduduwa republic or South west is created out of Nigeria, Ibadan will be the capital city but Lagos will just be economic hub...get your facts before coming to a public forum to spew thrash...
bro don't waste ur saliva... she is an ipob with a Yoruba moniker.... she is as daft as her father

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by IBBG(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2017
WOCKHARDI:
The North and their military leaders have been the main beneficiaries of Nzeogwu's blunder and Ironsi's Unitary Government mistake. And they keep blaming all the Igbos. Did the Igbos have a meeting to plan the coup of 1966? Never. It was purely a military affair. They removed Ironsi BUT built on his mistake. And here we are.
We must go back to the pre military era with the SIX GEOPOLITICAL ZONES as the federating units. With this, we still have ONE NIGERIA and, believe me, the agitation for Biafra and Niger Delta will cease.
Remember the Aburi Accord? It's time we revisit that document because if it was implemented, there would have been no Biafra! Yes?
We are still under Military rule through the Constitution they imposed on us which favours a section of the country more than the others.
Don't you think that the Quota System is one area that is outrageous and needs serious restructuring? Which progressive countries ever practise such a system which sacrifices MERIT for the sake of the "disadvantaged areas".
When we restructure, we will have the present SIX GEOPOLITICAL ZONES as the federating units --Biafra State, Oduduwa State, SS State ( or whatever they choose to answer), Arewa East , Central and West States as the six federal units.
The greatest achievement of the present National Assembly will be to amend our Constitution to include a REFERENDUM to be attended by these zones as the delegates.
But the problem is : Will the present politicians like the governors and the legislators let go of their 'kingdoms' for the new structure?
Yes they can : If they mean well for the country.
The present foundation/constitution is faulty and lopsided and is already shaking. It's better to pull it down and lay a very solid foundation/constitution where EQUITY and JUSTICE will be the building blocks.
i think i prefer restructuring along state line instead of regional lines. The state should be made to be more autonomous by controlling their resources, create state police and take over some of the federal infrastructure like the federal roads.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
ZKOSOSO:

You forgot to add the useful Southern Idiots that always champion the Arewa cause then foist it on fellow Southerners like OBJ, Tinubu, Oshomole, Ameachi, Okorocha etc...
they are billionaires, what are you. who's the idiot
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

So any yoruba girl that speaks the truth you will call that person osu.what I said is it liar.
Are most yorubas not dirty.you will even know a people by their kind of leaders.
thiefnubuu with his rotten stinking teeth.upon the fact he owns more than half of lagos with the billions.
Obasanjoo the most ugliest nigerian.
Oshomolee i can't even describe that one.i will try he looks like willie willie.
So all I am saying is that every region has their challenges and we yorubas should find a way to fight dirts and stop stinking
For me I am diffrent because my dad is yoruba while my mun ss I guess I took after my maternal people.

any Yoruba girl? Lol. more like any OSU she male Yoruba wannabe.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by emmanuelpopson(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2017
ab11baddo:
bro don't waste ur saliva... she is an ipob with a Yoruba moniker.... she is as daft as her father

oloshi ni baby yen.. see how she dey talk like say nah we cause her problem.. thanks bro
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by nothernstar: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
Why is the north so much afraid of the change the chanted and clamoured for. Does it mean that they know what change means?. The status quo must end and embrace cgange.
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Nowenuse: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2017
PointZerom:

Nice thinking.

It is unfortunate the way Hausas caged Nigeria using their military might even to the point of moving the capital to their region, with the same military might they created more states and LGAs in their region for their selfish interest.

FCT Abuja is in the north-central.
Since when has the NC become Hausa region?

1 Like

Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Deedeedee3: 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2017
OreMI22:
Nobody needs to be in doubt that the north wants to status quo to continue so that they will continue to cheat at everybody's expense.

The truth is that the north does not have the ability to stop us from living freely in our own land. So, no matter what they say or not, we will forcefully manage our own affairs because they will never accept to any fair or just arrangement.
Excellently written!!
Re: Arewa Consultative Forum Gives Conditions For Restructuring Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2017
I like these guys! Of course the chess players (politicians) would want to manipulate the process in view of their selfish interests, hence the need for clarity on every aspect of the term.

I'm also one of those that are scared of this restructuring, due to the corrupt nature of the politicians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Fayose Hangs Out With A Masquerade (Photos) / 2000 Pastors Pray For Governor Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Presidency Keeps Watch On El-Rufai As Plot To Scuttle APC Convention Thickens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.