Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor (2075 Views)

My Stepmother Poured Hot Water On My Baby! I'm So Angry / My Baby's Transformation... / My Wife Is Pregnant, I Don't Know If Its With My Baby. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by classical15(m): 11:13am On Jul 13, 2017
Good day family landers.
My baby is about 10months and just getting to walk with support which is cool. However, the floor in my house is all tiles so there has been occasions that he fell hitting is head on the tiles while trying to walk or play. This is occurring too often and I don't really no what to do.
meanwhile, he doesn't like staying in his walker, he want to move around. And one can't always be beside him 24/7.
What can I do? Experienced parents How did you cope with this growth phase?
Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 13, 2017
Sis nothing will happen to your baby. There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of because you also went through same process. Just apply a little caution and always make sure your baby is at your reach

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by LilSmith55(m): 11:21am On Jul 13, 2017
Remove the tiles na
Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by mamadsquare: 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ensure he has a pair of firm grip sandals on anytime he wants to play by himself, thereby minimizing the frequency of the falls.
Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by joyAA(f): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2017
Put a rug in his play area...say the sitting room. That should cushion the fall better. Hope no one is asthmatic tho?

8 Likes

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by SirVintageCock: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2017
Buy an afro wig for the lad, his bum bum has a shock absorber already so let's protect the head. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
grin grin don't be so heartless and leave him to fall as often as possible. Someday soon , he'll join nairaland and would've become strong enough to fight off all d mad people giving you silly advices.

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2017
Buy a carpet or

Dress him with a thick woolen or cushioned hat to save his head or

Let him play outside

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by classical15(m): 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2017
StephDamielola:
Sis nothing will happen to your baby. There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of because you also went through same process. Just apply a little caution and always make sure your baby is at your reach
Thank you. It just because it happening so often this days and I can't restrict him all of the time, he will start crying.
Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by ifyalways(f): 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2017
classical15:

Thank you. It just because it happening so often this days and I can't restrict him all of the time, he will start crying.
If you or no adult can watch him as he waddles about then please put him inside a play pen. No baby dies from crying.

You will cry and hate yourself if he sustains a fatal head injury one day.

3 Likes

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by enoqueen: 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2017
Always make sure the floor is dry.
Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 14, 2017
The babay head don dey suffer like this from small age. If the baby come dey do skosko later in future, u go say na spiritual battle or even accuse him of taking cocaine.

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 14, 2017
This is a warning. Go get a thick carpet/rug. Even with an adult or minder beside him, you can't restrict his development. He,ll attempt to be independent by trying to stand and walk but your floor surface is a big big risk factor.

Getting a rug would be an investment option you wouldn't regret. Don't forget to get a hoover with good suction. Protect your child from physical trauma.

4 Likes

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by hresso: 7:43am On Jul 14, 2017
Buy helmet for your baby angry

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by EmeeNaka: 3:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
Falling down and hitting head on the ground is dangerous. It is very dangerous.In fact, you should try to make sure your baby has not gotten injury to the head. Don't overlook it.Someone has to be beside your baby or you find a protective covering for your babies head

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by Dgunnerz(m): 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Future WWE Champion!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by Exponental(m): 7:07am On Jul 15, 2017
Nothing will happen.... I live in a fully tiled apartment. My baby experienced such and has now passed that stage. Above all, always pray for Divine protection.
Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by marbee(f): 11:59am On Jul 15, 2017
Buy baby mats on the area he practice his walking skills regularly.
Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by MamaTej(f): 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Please, do not let him walk with his barefoot anymore. Buy a rubber sandal that grips the tiles well. Protect his head, his bones are still fragile.
Re: Help My Baby Falls Down Too Often On Tile Floor by czarina(f): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2017
Op.. Your child seems to be falling way too much and I don't believe you should take that lightly. He could have concussions that could go unnoticed for a long time.. ..I don't think getting him special sandals alone would do, tho laudable, I would suggest you restrict his play area and when that may not be possible due to space, splurging on a really thick rug can be the next best thing, Concussions can be potentially fatal especially when a toddler is concerned... Namaste

(1) (Reply)

Mr Beard General Hair Growth For Men And Women / Being Childfree / Drop Your Number Someone Might Credit You With Airtime Now!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.