Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer (23151 Views)

Warning Signs That You May Be At Risk Of A Heart Attack And What To Do / Babatunde Okewale: 'Late Marriage Will Affect Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant' / Nigerian Lady Who Beat Cancer Shares Her Before And After Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Among the numerous diseases that affect living beings, cancer is one of the most dangerous diseases, owing to its symptoms and mortality rates. In most cases, patients who suffer from cancer succumb to the disease, as the side effects can be fatal. Cancer is a disease in which there is an abnormal multiplication of cancerous cells, which eventually destroy the tissues and organs.Some of the most common types of cancer are breast cancer, colon cancer, blood cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer and a few others.

We do know that cancer is a dangerous disease which can slowly kill the person affected, even though treatment is given.Certain types of cancer are extremely hard to treat and the fatality rates are very high. The root cause of cancer majorly depends on a person’s lifestyle. The healthier a person’s lifestyle is, the lesser the chances of him/her getting cancer.Here are some ways to reduce the risk of geting cancer.

Ways to reduce the risk of getting cancer are:

1.Laugh. Laughing heartily can reduce stress, which in turn can prevent the production of cancer-causing T-cells in the body.

2.Wear a hat and sunglasses when you head out during the day time and do not forget your sunscreen lotion; these habits can prevent skin cancer.

3.Have just 1 glass of beer or wine per day (not more). These beverages contain antioxidants that can prevent the abnormal multiplication of cells in the body.

4.Drinking coffee on a daily basis has known to reduce the risk of cancer in many people, by 40%, according to a research study.

5.Avoid giving your clothes for dry cleaning, as much as possible and wash them at home, because the chemicals used to dry clean your clothes contain carcinogens.

6.Consume foods that are rich in vitamin D, such as eggs and dairy products, as vitamin D can also prevent cancer to a great extent.

7.Avoid using perfumes, room fresheners and scented candles, as these perfumes added to these products can contain carcinogens.

These are the ways to reduce the risk of getting cancer.

http://www.naijabroad.com/index.php/2017/07/13/ways-reduce-risk-getting-cancer/

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2017
1. laugh: as a typical Nigerian, this might be a little hard cuz people's default mood nowadays is just angryangryangry
para mode activated.

2. wear a hat and sun glasses : presently, the weather is kinda cool in most in Nigeria, not sure what's happening in the northern part though. so regarding hats and sunglasses, I'll pass.

3. have one glass of beer or wine per day : now I've got a problem with this. this would definitely be abused cuz glass comes in different sizes. most people will misconcept this.

4. drinking coffee on a daily basis : oh please, this is Nigeria and not the western world, coffee is not our thing, Milo/Bournvita might have been given a second thought if it's an option.

5. Avoid giving your clothes to dry cleaners : not many people buy this idea, like me nah, I'm presently washing at the moment and at the same time typing this "whatever it is that I'm typing". so I'll say it's only a negligible fractions that patronises the laundry services.

6. consume foods rich in vitamin D: vitamin D?, what does that even mean.

7. avoid using perfumes and air freshener : those should be replaced with camphor and otapiapia.

8. AVOID CONSUMING CAN FOODS AND MICROWAVED FOODS: I actually expected this to top the list, but unfortunately, it wasn't even deemed fit to be on the list. Only God's know who composed this.

51 Likes

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by oviejnr(m): 6:19pm On Jul 13, 2017
Where is heavy smoking and drinking and the rest sad

13 Likes

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ok ....nice
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Ra88: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by moneychannel: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Drinking enough water

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Flashh: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Number 7? If I hear.

7 Likes

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by SheldonCooper: 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2017
Just do everything in moderation. That's all
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Certitude(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Perfume ke
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by SplendidE(f): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
nice post thanks
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by bholuwatifhe(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Dharniel:
a
Fastest Finger challenge??

1 Like

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by mightyrocket(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Really?
What about:
1. Avoiding/reducing fried and smoked food
2. Reducing junks and fast food joints
3. Avoiding bleaching creams
4. Abstaining from food inside metal placed in the oven
5. Avoiding preservatives in food
6. Avoiding canned drinks and foods

12 Likes

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by vanPELaj(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2017
Ehmmm
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by sonnie10: 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
Do simply test for early diagnosis.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by kushma(m): 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2017
That's good info
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by joey150(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
Laughing wil prevent cancer??

Everything there is totally wrong

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Dutchey(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
weldone
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by mercy232(f): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
I should avoid using pafim, make I come dey smell like locust beans...

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Godlychild: 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
Incomplete Research. Where is avoid smoking environment? Where is avoid junk foods? Where is avoid carbonated food&drinks? Where is Sleep enough(6-7hours daily)? Where is vegetable and fruits that boost immune system? OP, welldone oo but you could have presented a more robust research work if only you did a little more.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Ramaa(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2017
Booked....
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by twinycharis6(f): 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2017
Good one, but no 7.na waoh
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
Kudos to you OP.
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by djtommy(m): 6:26pm On Jul 13, 2017
wow, seriously?
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by imstrong1: 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
Very informative..! we need more of this. learnt something new.. Laughing heartly..genuine laugh but don't spoil business for my hustling laundry brothers o
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by jericco1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
OP. You don't know what you are talking about. Go back and verify.
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by ghanaman5050: 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
Thank you Dr (.Have just 1 glass of beer or wine per day (not more). These beverages contain antioxidants that can prevent the abnormal multiplication of cells in the body) Bar man . please give cold beer .
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by wiloy2k8(m): 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2017
nice
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Brendaniel: 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2017
1. Eat vegetables

2. Eat vegetables

3. Eat vegetables

1 Like

Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by EYIBLESSN(m): 6:35pm On Jul 13, 2017
Flashh:
Number 7? If I hear.
.OP was right on that. I am an expert. Perfumes are purely chemicals.
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Generalyemi(m): 6:37pm On Jul 13, 2017
smoke ganja , drink enough water....
Re: Ways To Reduce The Risk Of Getting Cancer by Liveair: 6:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
Everything seems to have been reversed o! Hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uncircumcised Joysticks Carry Bacteria & Germs – Doctor Warns On MouthGig / 5 Igbo Nigerian Men Die In New Delhi, India Within A Week / Woman Dies From Drinking Too Much Coca Cola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.