Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups (3003 Views)

Don't Use ETX For Transcript If U Don't Want To Ruin Your Life / Recruitment For Customer Care Service And Bank Teller Operators. / Customer Service Job And Bank Teller Job Via Kimberly Ryan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Youngadvocate(m): 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2017
First off, let me introduce myself. I am a CEO of a company, Construction Company to be precise. I have two lives, you may say, personalities: One, as a CEO who owns a large construction firm with a workforce of about 152 employees. Make no mistakes about it, my company plays a key role in Nigerian construction industry, having delivered over 64 large Estate contracts, 52 government complexes, 1,105 individual building constructions and 61 company buildings in the last 10 years of its existence. My company partners with over 12 international companies and has collaborated with these companies to deliver about 61 projects. I really don't need to say I am the boss in my office, because that's what CEO means. I control and manage everything and everyone in my company. What I say happens, what I want gets done and whoever fails to, may receive his or her sack letter on the spot. Not that I am wicked, but that's what a CEO does.

Two, as a human being, with a personal life: This means I am a parent’s son, a husband to a wife, a father to some children, a friend to some friends and a relative to some people. So, when I am off duty, I put on this different clothe of personality. I become that jovial, easy going, humble guy that knows he has families, friends and relatives, yet in his forties. I know of course, I can't order these people around because unlike my employees, they have rights over me. My wife could be stuck at a place and ask me when am even on duty at the office, to do airtime transfer to her phone line. I have got to do that, partly because I don't want to run into any problems when I get home from work. My mother in the village now sees me as her Airtime vendor ever since I began to send her airtime. And not to forget, my bosom friend had been stuck somewhere in a journey, he was out of reach of airtime and he called me for help. I was caught up in the middle of a serious assignment, but offered to help. This article is a product of my personal life. Personally, I have a burning desire to write and inspire people through personal and creative stories. It's my major hobby. And all thanks to this, I shall disclose to you why CEOs and Human beings like me don't use Airtime.

Who Are CEOs?

There are actually two categories of CEOs. The first category fits into my office life as a CEO, the second, my personal (human) life. The first: You would lose arguing against this; CEOs like me are super-humans. They have a life different than that of the ordinary people and their employees. Ordinary minds can't comprehend their vision and when they think and create it must be topnotch and perfect. They are people who define time according to moments. Every minute is as much valued as the work it produced. In that context, the CEO is married to productivity of time. With so much lying on the table and in the mind of the CEO, he constantly seeks ways to delegate roles and responsibilities. With new projects and innovation, he gets another recruit or employee who can take care of that.

The Other CEOs

Here, we all fall in line. Everyone is actually a CEO. Yes, it's true. You are a man, you own and manage your family (home), likewise the woman. Or you are a young man who is in a relationship where you take huge responsibility over both your family and your partner in a relationship. You have friends you often assist and share with. This is the life all CEOs partly live. You pay bills, commonest being Airtime bills. Like I do, you often make calls, send SMS, you assist your wife, husband or partner with airtime when they run out it. What about parents? You don't forget they make such demands as well.

Why CEOs Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Airtime Top-ups.

From experience, the CEO at the office loves ease of business and cost reduction for profit maximisation. These are true and real and that's why companies leave a country and sack employees, when they don't find ease of doing business, run on cost that overshadows their profit maximisation. On other hand, the CEO at home wants to be happy after a long day at work. He or she doesn’t need all that stress when they get home. He wants to make calls or send SMS and doesn’t have much airtime, he wants a quicker means to top-up his line with airtime. That is the CEO at home. You and I belong here. To relate why CEOs don’t use recharge cards and do bank Airtime top-ups any more. I shall share my personal experience with you.

My personal Experience with Airtime recharges and Bank To-up

It's not that I am a call-freak, but my two-lives have conditioned me to be. I approximately make calls every 20 minutes. At work, there's a log of calls to do. Directing construction workers at the site, discussing deals with partners, getting feedback from site engineers, answering to office correspondence when I am away etc are tops. You don't want to imagine the amount of airtime I spend in all these. At home it's lesser, just chats with friends and family. Though with my mother, it's different. She always wanted to tell me the whole village gist, even the ones set to happen. Funny, but all mothers do that much talk, I believe. On my personal phone lines, I used to do bank airtime top-up and the maximum amount my bank gives is N9000. But it's so frustrating that sometimes this amount wouldn't always be enough for me to rap-up discussion with one person on international call. I literally needed to top-up two times a day. It was no different with Airtime recharge cards. When do I have time to scratch N1000 recharge cards into about 10-12 places? That time would be enough to proofread and sign about three letters or memos.

...More of The Problem

I didn't worry so much about the service charge for bank top-up because I had the means. My bank said the mobile airtime top-up was free and I believed. Ordinarily I wouldn't bother if charges applied to the service in so far as I got what I wanted. But that wasn't so. I began to notice some annoying deductions from my current bank account. At the end of the month, I would receive an SMS from my bank on that month bank account statement. Agitated, I inquired from my account officer and he told me the increased charge was due to the new service I signed up. He explained further, that I was charged on the SMS alert I would receive. And I was like, "my goodness! What sort of subtle stealing is this!? Why not tell me about this before I signed-up, even though I didn't enjoy the service much better as I wanted?"

What about the office lines

My office lines were different. With the magnitude of what we do, we made one-time payment on Airtime every month. This eased us the hassle of recharges. Each project management team member would have his official line topped-up and was not monitored. Heads of departments enjoyed free top-ups on their official lines for business purposes. Again, they were not monitored on what and how their calls were made. At month end when our top-up bills came from out network provider, I wouldn't just believe we consumed all that much airtime. The bill was always way so HIGH! But business must go on, after all, I didn’t have a better alternative at the time. But deep down within me, I was unsettled with the waste. At a point I began to think...

...How should CEOs Top-up Airtime...

…without all this annoyance with high Airtime top-up bills, hidden bank deductions. And how can they overcome the inability to schedule Airtime to many different numbers at once and the inability to monitor and retrieve history of the airtime they use. My mind also, ruminated over how I could be at my comfort zone, whether at work or at home and then get my airtime topped-up with any amount I needed. I was disturbed. So, this fateful day, I took a time off with a bosom friend of mine who had visited my area. He is a Lawyer, a renowned one at that. We hadn’t seen each other for over a year and three months. You could imagine the happiness we shared. We got talking, first with family and then, life in general. We proceeded to business and I had to empty my worries. I narrated to him how I was losing huge money with Airtime top-up, especially at work. I was convinced my staff were misusing the airtime they got, and so, I needed a way I could monitor them. I also, told him how my money had hung several times when I tried using the bank codes to top-up my lines and I had to visit the bank to rectify the issue; and the tiring one, buying recharge cards. When I wanted to make long calls, especially international business calls, I would have to purchase at least N12, 000 worth of Recharge cards if other means failed. And the highest unit of course, is N1,000. “I believe you know what that means?” I asked him. He smiled and said, “men…I pity you, let me put it to you straight,” he began.

“Solution to your problem already exists. It’s a pity you can’t find it.” I inquired how. I was dumbfounded at what he said. “There is an Airtime solutions platform where you have all your Airtime worries taken care of. Whether you are an individual or a company telecoms subscriber, you get automatic top-up on your line anytime, anywhere and anyhow you want it. The platform has inbuilt analytics that monitors and records details or history of how your airtime is used so you can always retrieve it whenever you want.” He paused, smiled at my bewildered face and said, “You see now? You can easily monitor how and when your staff use airtime on their official lines. Make no mistakes about it, it is so easy and simple to use. You can also, schedule airtime topup for yourself, family and friends, with just one click. Perhaps, the unbelievable thing about this platform and what really enticed me is, THERE ARE NO HIDDEN SERVICE CHARGE! Just visit Autotopup.ng and you will get all this,” he ended. You needed to see the speed at which I navigated the site. I just wanted to know if he made up stories, But I was wrong with my doubt. My friend was quite true to his words.

Nevertheless, what endeared me more to this sterling innovative Airtime top-up solutions is not that it is very simple to use and solves all Airtime worries, but because it’s a great creation of a Nigerian company. I thought as much to share this. Though this article is a deviation to my once-in-a-while routine of inspirational stories, I believe you deserve to know about this great solution to much of your call and SMS worries. If you haven’t started using it already, just about five (5) minutes, you can sign-up and join the league of CEOs who are free from all the troubles of Airtime top-up.

See you in my next article where I will expect your thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Youngadvocate(m): 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Youngadvocate(m): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2017
Note, Youngadvocate is not the owner of this article. I stumbled on it and found it interesting. I also, checked the service of the Airtime top-up solutions platform and it was superb so, I decided to share it here.

2 Likes

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by god2good: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2017
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Heromaniaa: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
??
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by SoNature(m): 7:32pm On Jul 13, 2017
Mtchewwwwwww....boring!

1 Like

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by ZACHIE: 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2017
Free advertising

5 Likes

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by sylvez(m): 8:50pm On Jul 13, 2017
I'm sorry, I couldn't read through
Then I scrolled down to read comments, but not enough comments to read, so I decided to add my comment.
Thanks for wasting my time.

6 Likes

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
Meh
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Caustics: 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2017
i cant believe i read it all.
summary: Op is advertising a site that tops up airtime for you. everyother thing is irrelevant

5 Likes

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by milky3(f): 9:47pm On Jul 13, 2017
let me first comment my reserve
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Libo45: 3:44am On Jul 14, 2017
Big Nonsense... CEO bla bla... Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Braggante(m): 5:08am On Jul 14, 2017
This is the most baloney article I ever saw. All these lie story just to say nonsense? You owe me my 2mins I wasted to read some part of this useless essay

1 Like

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Braggante(m): 5:11am On Jul 14, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Note, Youngadvocate is not the owner of this article. I stumbled on it and found it interesting. I also, checked the service of the Airtime top-up solutions platform and it was superb so, I decided to share it here.

Oh shut up! You posted it with no disclaimer. Don't try to hide from the anger of your readers by now attempting to disclaim.

1 Like

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by savagefinder: 6:11am On Jul 14, 2017
So.. What's a CEO that he is making a big deal of? I'm 21 and also a CEO..
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Adeoba10(m): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Wanted to call you a scammer....
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 14, 2017
Youngadvocate:

You get luck.. These NLers would have start sending you pms.. Telling you to help pay their school fees cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know how many unreplied mails from NLers I have..
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 14, 2017
Obviously, you do not even know a CEO or are you a CEO. CEO have personal assistants/employees that can do the loading of card if they wish to. Some CEO's are post paid customers. The Telecoms know they are heavy consumers of airtime and thus they have preferential treatment. SO FYI they have the opportunity of a call statement just like an account statement. Lastly, Many companies these days have CUG. It a line given to every employee to make communication easier. The lines are topped up automatically each month with airtime and data allocated to employees depending on their level and position. The CEO is not an exemption.
Whilst Mobile recharge may be like paying for more since some banks charge for each sms sent. Financially conscious individual most times do not see the need for it....... I agree.
You have got an Idea, you want to build a start up company ...yea rite. But make do with that information upthere. You haven't done your research well....Your idea is flawed on arrival. No big business CEO has time to visit an e commerce platform for mobile recharges. Except you are talking about the one shop/cubicle CEO. I have a brilliant Idea on topups and mobile money I can share with you if you wish.

1 Like

Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by igraman(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2017
Bunch of crap!
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by johnsondbolaji(m): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2017
HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST ONLINE FOREX BROKER

http://mainspringblog.com/stock-and-trade/
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 14, 2017
Caustics:
i cant believe i read it all.
summary: Op is advertising a site that tops up airtime for you. everyother thing is irrelevant

Thanks for the summary!
Re: Why CEOS Don't Use Recharge Cards And Bank Top-ups by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 14, 2017
What type of CEO is this stupid ?

Why waste so much on calls when you can call all your staff for free and pay monthly fix charges on all the lines monthly.

Clearly an unintelligent CEO you are then. I have no idea that people still waste money on calls when there are telecomms solutions designed for corporates.

You spend so much time bragging about yourself and then display ignorance on how you waste your cash on telecomms. No intelligent CEO, spends more than N1,000 per sim card per month if you have up to 10 staff and as long as you are calling your staff and family. There are CUG products designed for corporates.

Damn this foolishness in our country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Available Positions In Ikeja / Fresh Graduate Recruitments In Nigeria (scholarships, Grants) / The Bus From Ogba To Ilupeju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.