Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier (12902 Views)

29 Hidden Chrome Features That Will Make Your Life Easier / Must-know Google Search Tips & Tricks / Advanced Google Search Tips For Bloggers And Internet Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by cyber5(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2017
Google Search is, quite possibly, the most useful single thing on the Internet. Without it, it’s fair to assume we’d still be stuck in the age of asking Jeeves to make himself more useful, and maybe today we’d be using verbs like “Binging” it and “Yahooing” it instead of “Googling.”
But do you know how to really get the most out of Google Search?
Until you've read this, i guess “no,” so take a look at this Google Search tips to make your digital life easier.
1. Search Exact Phrases
If you're looking for an exact phrase, use quotation marks around the keywords to view results containing that exact phrase. For example, "how to dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 10”
2. Exclude a word
If your search terms contain a keyword with several meanings, you can exclude one of the meanings by adding a hyphen (-) before the keyword. For example, the martian -book
3. Search a specific domain
You can search within a particular URL by including the term site:example.com before or after your keywords.
4. Generate similar content
To generate content similar to what’s found on a URL you already know, use the related: operator before adding the URL.
5. Search for words in body copy
To retrieve pages where all the keywords appear in the body of the page, type allintext: before the search term.
6. Find pages that link to specific URLs
Type link: before a URL name, and you’ll be shown all the pages on Google that link to it.
This is particularly useful for SEOs who are searching for backlinks to a specific page.
7. Perform calculations on Google Search
You can simply type in the equation and get the result instantly. You can use either the letter “x” or “*” as the multiply symbol on your PC, while “/” is the division symbol.
8. Convert between units Whether it’s meters to centimetres, feet to yards, or litres to those obscure British gallons, Google has you covered.
Just type convert followed by the numbers and units you want to use, and hit Enter.
[b]9. Search by file type

If you're looking for a specific file on the Web, you can use the filetype: operator to specify the particular document type you're searching for, and Google will restrict results to pages containing those document types.
10. Find your public IP address
Need your IP address? type ip address. Simple.
11. You don’t need a dictionary; just ask Google
Type define followed by the word you want to know the meaning.
12. You can view flight schedules on Google.
To find out flight schedules, simply use the keyword flight origin to destination. For example, flight Lagos to Abuja.
13. Translate from one language to another.
You can either visit Google Translate to get your translation done or just use the translate keyword in Google to translate the text to another language.
14. Use Google as a countdown timer.
This is pretty handy. Just search timer for x minutes and Google will automatically start the countdown for you.

[b]15. Track your packages

If you're based in the US, just enter your UPS, USPS or FedEx tracking number directly into Google to see tracking information about your package.

The Bottom Line
By now you should be feeling like a Google Pro. There are, however, plenty more such tricks you can use to improve your Google quality of life.
Do you have any Google Search tips that you think we've missed? Let us know what they are in the comments.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Sugarcious(m): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2017
FTC!! I made it! Back to the topic.

I've used almost every tip outlined above but my worry is that most people use sophisticated mobile phones and surprisingly they ask very dumb questions. Its common with ladies. I don't know why.

U own a smartphone but u aint smart. Isn't waste of resources?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Billions of people use this almighty search engine every seconds of the say.. It's like a universe that houses planets.. Guess what! about $100 trillion is made daily worldwide on web.. But sadly, people waste thousands of bundle data monthly and yet, doesn't earn a dime... I started making mine using just a smartphone.. You've no excuse not to make money online. www.entmirror.com

3 Likes

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by slawomir: 6:59am On Jul 14, 2017
Ol
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Iloveafrica: 7:00am On Jul 14, 2017
Meanwhile,

This blog [ www.techloaded.com.ng ] is for sale.
Call/whatsapp 07064272729
If you're interested.. .

1 Like

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Mouthgag: 7:01am On Jul 14, 2017
; D
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Samuelakoji(m): 7:02am On Jul 14, 2017
<b>Nice One but who google help sef
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by NLbetterchild: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2017
A good heart here should help me with 5k to pay for my faculty and departmental fee which is ending today please. After today it's going to be increased to 15k,Please Nairalanders help me
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by stormfather(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2017
How do you picture search on Google?
If I snap a picture of something on my phone how do I use Google to identify it?
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by harthonder(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2017
noted
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by hardywaltz(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2017
Ok
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Bondesniger(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2017
VERY WELL
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Majesticniyi(m): 7:03am On Jul 14, 2017
Informative....Op, money fall on you this morning

1 Like

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Oladelson(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2017
i believe u!
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by sekem: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2017
To know the day you'll die just type : my death day into google

Google is our new God
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Rick9(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2017
Beautiful
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Realdeals(m): 7:08am On Jul 14, 2017
How will the world be without Google? They are virtually tracking everyone especially if you're an Android device user.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Rick9(m): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2017
I use Google most times as my dictionary, its the dictionary I really trust, because when you given a meaning of a word they give u other words relating to them - Synonyms.

1 Like

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Marvidris(f): 7:13am On Jul 14, 2017
good job bro
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by lordcenred(m): 7:17am On Jul 14, 2017
COOL
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by leksmedia: 7:22am On Jul 14, 2017
Nice on OP for your website designs , SEO , blog design etc pls visit www.leksmediaconcept.com
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by infogenius(m): 7:23am On Jul 14, 2017
Sugarcious:
FTC!! I made it! Back to the topic.

I've used almost every tip outlined above but my worry is that most people use sophisticated mobile phones and surprisingly they ask very dumb questions. Its common with ladies. I don't know why.

U own a smartphone but u aint smart. Isn't waste of resources?

Not really a waste of resources. The simple thing there is that smart phone is never equal to smart brain.
The use of the phone must be subject to brain function but it's the other way round in most cases for these folks
Many of these people are just something else.
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by itiswellandwell: 7:24am On Jul 14, 2017
Thanks Op
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by jojothegreat(m): 7:29am On Jul 14, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWXVqFlDLPw/

Please vote for me by just viewing my dance video fot a Competition
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 14, 2017
stormfather:
If I snap a picture of something on my phone how do I use Google to identify it?
ask google

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 14, 2017
stormfather:
ask google..
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Alexbrain(m): 7:42am On Jul 14, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by cyber5(m): 7:52am On Jul 14, 2017
stormfather:

There's a option to search picture on google, i've seen it before on pc with chrome
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Sweetguy25: 7:53am On Jul 14, 2017
I have known for these for about 10 years now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by Sweetguy25: 7:56am On Jul 14, 2017
stormfather:

Go to google images. You will see a camera icon, click on it.

After clicking on the icon, you will be given the option of uploading an image or posting the web link of the image

Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by helphelp: 8:00am On Jul 14, 2017
The normal stuff I do, gives me perfect results.

Why you wan skata person head with all these na
Re: 15 Google Search Tips To Make Your Online Life Easier by GMBuhari: 8:05am On Jul 14, 2017
Google is Oyinbo for Winch / Aje

(1) (2) (Reply)

There's More To Blog Monetization Than Adsense (see Proofs) / How To Get 5000 Facebook Friends And Page Likes Using Email Invitation Method / Reliable, Secure, Fast, And Affordable Web Hosting With Beta Host Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.