Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders (41406 Views)

7 Reasons Why Degree Holders Are Poor By Malam Mamuda Kabir DUTSINMA / Depressed Man Sets His Bsc And NYSC Certificates On Fire / Official | FG Approves Equal Salaries For HND, Degree Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by pamb: 9:04am On Jul 14, 2017
The dichotomy is still there,level 8 is only applicable to the new entrants,the seniority is different,it will easier to. identify HND and Bsc among them as it happens in civil service when we have executives and officers cadre.

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by exlinkleads(f): 9:05am On Jul 14, 2017
best news ever
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by adedayourt(m): 9:06am On Jul 14, 2017
Welcome dev
DoeS the fg have power to also cut the dicotomy in the private sector

#thinkingaloud
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Bondesniger(m): 9:06am On Jul 14, 2017
this is a welcome development
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by SuperSuave(m): 9:06am On Jul 14, 2017
lonelydora:
That means the people that designed the educational curriculum are so stupid. Even though most people will jubilate over this, but there's difference between SSCE, OND, HND, BACHELORS, MASTERS, and PhD holders.
Why not equate SSCE and B.Sc too? Or Masters and PhD? Organisations pay different salaries for a reason.

HR personnel should throw more light.

Well, after all in the present Nigeria, OND/HND are getting jobs more than B.Sc/Masters holders. Not because of experience or what, but for 'Cheap' labour.

"Jealousy is a form of Hatred built upon Insecurity."
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by kingjoe(m): 9:06am On Jul 14, 2017
we have been hearing this since last year.but when those with hnd go for master's degree they will be told to go and do PGD first unlike their counterpart .

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by ndidibabe(f): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2017
infantlion:
I see no difference between B.Sc and HND holders....
Be deceiving yourself.....

2 Likes

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by onymodel(m): 9:08am On Jul 14, 2017
Please does this apply to all the parastaatals and govt agencies. Or only the parastaatals under the Ministry of Interior. Cause this move should be done and announced by the Minister of Labour to circumvent all Govt parastaatals. And not the Minister of Interior. The Minister of Interior has only a few agencies under his purview.

If so, then the caption should not be generalized with the entire FED GOVT.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by nwasteve(m): 9:15am On Jul 14, 2017
Very good only if It'll be implemented
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by lonelydora: 9:17am On Jul 14, 2017
SuperSuave:

"Jealousy is a form of Hatred built upon Insecurity."

No no no no....I'm not jealous. I like the way FG removed the dichotomy but it doesn't make it right to generally say both degrees are equal. The are not equal bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by obiezed: 9:18am On Jul 14, 2017
This is one of the things wrong with Nigerians and the way we think in this country.
I have no problems with equating salaries in federal institutions, but the F.G has no right to tell me who to hire or what to pay them in my organization. A b.sc can never be the same as a H.Nd because the entry requirements are different. Most people end up in polys because their SSCE's were not good enough or they couldn't make jamb.period. now giving them the same grade as people who work the asses off to earn B.Sc is unfair and ridiculous. Why don't we just scrap polytechnics then and make them all universities with the same basic entry requirements for all ??.then equate their grades and salaries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by maclatunji: 9:23am On Jul 14, 2017
9icest:
Wu cares.so some useless ppl still dey parade around with certificate,me wet get the two (hnd from laspotech and degree from UI)I suffer for almost six years no job,I even hustle for that bastard wey dem call senator the for omisore and the black ugly thing carry a Campaign Mitsubishi dash me for compensation on top all my suffer suffer. Now eyes open wen I come see say boys dey hustle live.malaysia to Dubai to southy to be U.K. One of this smallie na abu-money we don collect wire transfer die and him don Buy him mama house for ib build hotel for lag and operating comfortably from his bedroom making millions and some useless peeps dey debate hnd and degree trash... abeg leave trash for lawma oh and shout to the yahoo Boiz no laptop crew.wu HND and degree eep.

It doesn't take much for your world to come crashing down.

Say no to crime.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 14, 2017
I can see that most pipo here are blinded to the fact to it only applies to few.

The Federal Government has ended the dichotomy between holders of University degrees and Higher National Diploma in all the Para-military services.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by VajanahDischaj(f): 9:29am On Jul 14, 2017
Thank God for the real Presido at work. He is one of the kind that understands education just like GEJ.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by gameboyo: 9:35am On Jul 14, 2017
lonelydora:
That means the people that designed the educational curriculum are so stupid. Even though most people will jubilate over this, but there's difference between SSCE, OND, HND, BACHELORS, MASTERS, and PhD holders.
Why not equate SSCE and B.Sc too? Or Masters and PhD? Organisations pay different salaries for a reason.

Well, after all in the present Nigeria, OND/HND are getting jobs more than B.Sc/Masters holders. Not because of experience or what, but for 'Cheap' labour.

For those quoting me....I'm not jealous. I like the way FG removed the dichotomy, but it's wrong to generally say both degrees are equal. Secondary schools can never be the same with Commercial schools.

Ignorance is an epidemic
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Efewestern: 9:38am On Jul 14, 2017
obiezed:
This is one of the things wrong with Nigerians and the way we think in this country.
I have no problems with equating salaries in federal institutions, but the F.G has no right to tell me who to hire or what to pay them in my organization. A b.sc can never be the same as a H.Nd because the entry requirements are different. Most people end up in polys because their SSCE's were not good enough or they couldn't make jamb.period. now giving them the same grade as people who work the asses off to earn B.Sc is unfair and ridiculous. Why don't we just scrap polytechnics then and make them all universities with the same basic entry requirements for all ??.then equate their grades and salaries.

exactly.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by tosyne2much(m): 9:39am On Jul 14, 2017
ceeethru:
If they like cancel dichotomy between NCE and Cambridge degree is non of my business the question is where is job that u can use that your certificate to secureis it all the people that graduated with DEGREE have secured joblet them give youth job whether certificate or not so that crime rate will reduce...that's my own advice and no be curse...
You too funny bro cheesy

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by brightgreat(m): 9:40am On Jul 14, 2017
Abeg why the beef...am sure when you were attending that poly.....Your igara was much when you hear that there is something called college of edu.....use your head young man and stop been a......

holatin:
nice development can't wait to see the shoulder of bsc holder going back to its normal height.

no more igara chicken
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by sirbiolee(m): 9:51am On Jul 14, 2017
we need more jobs not BSc n HND Dichotomy we go chop.. FG shud stop fooling us..
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by kazyhm(m): 9:54am On Jul 14, 2017
lonelydora:

For those quoting me....I'm not jealous. I like the way FG removed the dichotomy, but it's wrong to generally say both degrees are equal. Secondary schools can never be the same with Commercial schools.

what do you expect of a country with no destinaton not to talk of road maps.........NCE holders should start agitating too

in fact any post SSCE qualifications should be made equal also......

but what about employment ratio ?
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by kripen(m): 10:00am On Jul 14, 2017
Is this what will make us happy, they're are distracting us with this news.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Yemikola(m): 10:02am On Jul 14, 2017
asuustrike2009:

How please explain?
Be wise, read btw the lines, the dichotomy still exists. Placing them on equal salary though commendable is nt enough. Why should hnd holders have different nomenclature, senior inspectors. That puts them far below a superintendent in paramilitary ranking system, even the salaries will differ with time. Customs' template is the best, both hnd & Bsc start with same level and rank. And it is worthy of note that this only applies to paramilitary.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by jarrot(m): 10:05am On Jul 14, 2017
Where are the jobs?
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Habeyy(m): 10:08am On Jul 14, 2017
lonelydora:

best post on the thread.. Happy for the poly guys.. .but Pls let's apply the handbrake and ask some potent questions because tins don't just fall in line like that.Wont they have to do PGD again,will private firms and multinationals be foeced. .before celebrating or otherwise,lets us understand and carefully digest the content of what was passed and what the would be implementation entails

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Georgeisco2007: 10:18am On Jul 14, 2017
destinychildolu:

http://punchng.com/fg-approves-equal-salaries-for-hnd-degree-holders/

How many times are we suppose to hear this news? I am asking because I once had same news last year. Somebody should correct me if am wrong.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by Tecno66: 10:19am On Jul 14, 2017
The dichotomy was not completely removed from the write up. They only equated the entry points, but the entry ranks are different. While one starts as senior Inspector the other starts as Assistant Suprintendent 1. The curricular of both are different. Existing regulation is for an Hnd holder to do a Pgd for 9 months to get equated. With the Pgd, they can decide to go for higher degrees if they so desire. No one should allow a class of certificate limit them. If you feel unfulfied, go for higher certificate. The truth of the matter is that Nigerias educational system was copied from the UK. A typical UK polytechnic runs both the Hnd and the degree program side by side because they were not made to be same. Even in Nigeria before now, to emphasize that difference, while you were expected to have 5 credits as entry requirement for the degree program, that of Ond/Hnd was 4 credits.
lonelydora:

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by JimmySnow: 10:22am On Jul 14, 2017
From experience, i advise any career driven person who hate to be oppress to please do a conversion programme and get your B.Sc. After years of discrimination in the Office despite my Professional Qualifications i was on same level for 7 years until I my B.Sc in 2015. Do not trust government policy they are not consistent and private organisations are not finance by government, they make policies that suit their existence especially in a competitive environment like ours. Please be pragmatic in your dealings.

1 Like

Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by galax1: 10:23am On Jul 14, 2017
U are sick come lets sit for exam na u would know dat going to university is just an opportunity not by ur intelligence.as a matter of fact wen i did my pgd all courses i did have been done at hnd level so judge

For those quoting me....I'm not jealous. I like the way FG removed the dichotomy, but it's wrong to generally say both degrees are equal. Secondary schools can never be the same with Commercial schools. [/quote]
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by kcijc: 10:25am On Jul 14, 2017
lonelydora:

y is dis paining u. so u now know betteer than d FG.
Re: FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders by holatin(m): 10:27am On Jul 14, 2017
brightgreat:
Abeg why the beef...am sure when you were attending that poly.....Your igara was much when you hear that there is something called college of edu.....use your head young man and stop been a......

now that you ve been noticed can you now gehraoofhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Guess The Department? / UNILAG Reveals The Names Of Candidates That Upgraded Their Post-UTME Results / Sex For Marks: What We Have Done To Professor Akindele - OAU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.