Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow (1696 Views)

Tukur Buratai Leads Morning Exercise With Troops Ahead Of Tomorrow Election (pic / President Buhari Arrives Katsina State, Ahead Of Tomorrow’s Election / League Of Concerned Democratic Youths Of Nigeria Pledges Support For Davido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by bencarson007(m): 7:52am On Jul 14, 2017
True meaning of children are the leaders of tomorrow is in this picture... And lest I forget Justin Trudeau the current prime minister of canada who is also in the picture below, was the same child that presented a flower bouquet to Yakubu Gowon during his state visit to Canada in 1973. He was barely 4years old then... Today he is Canadian prime minister at 44years while Gowon and his ilk still have a strong hold on Nigerian political scene and form opinions here and there on issues that should be left to the current generation to deal with. The old politicians we have in Nigeria, have kept on recycling themselves until they started imposing their sick selves on us like a certain somebody that is very sick in London right now with a private jet on standby wasting taxpayers' money (I no call person name o) and yet still refuse to relinguish power...
What a pity. And yet some foolish youths will still go around saying they will still vote a certain man even if he is brought back on a wheel-chair in 2019 (I no call name o). No be our mates dey lead world class countries so ?
Anyways let me come and be going before they send Daura Secret Service (DSS) after me...
Good Morning Naija

Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by CHOPUP411(m): 7:57am On Jul 14, 2017
Maybe u are not d leader of tomorrow
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by obailala(m): 7:58am On Jul 14, 2017
bencarson007:
True meaning of children are the leaders of tomorrow is in this picture... And lest I forget Justin Trudeau the current prime minister of canada who is also in the picture below, was the same child that presented a flower bouquet to Yakubu Gowon during his state visit to Canada in 1973. He was barely 4years old then... Today he is Canadian prime minister at 44years while Gowon and his ilk still have a strong hold on Nigerian political scene and form opinions here and there on issues that should be left to the current generation to deal with. The old politicians we have in Nigeria, have kept on recycling themselves until they started imposing their sick selves on us like a certain somebody that is very sick in London right now with a private jet on standby wasting taxpayers' money (I no call person name o) and yet still refuse to relinguish power...
What a pity. And yet some foolish youths will still go around saying they will still vote a certain man even if he is brought back on a wheel-chair in 2019 (I no call name o). No be our mates dey lead world class countries so ?
Anyways let me come and be going before they send Daura Secret Service (DSS) after me...
Good Morning Naija
Power is not given, it is taken. Any youth who expects the older generation to handover power on a platter of gold is just a toddler, maybe not a toddler appearance, but a youth with a suckling toddler mentality. And guess what, most of the youths in Nigeria still fall in this category, hence why they still sit back, fold their hands and cry whilst expecting the old dudes to handover power just like that.
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by bencarson007(m): 8:29am On Jul 14, 2017
obailala:
Power is not given, it is taken. Any youth who expects the older generation to handover power on a platter of gold is just a toddler, maybe not a toddler appearance, but a youth with a suckling toddler mentality. And guess what, most of the youths in Nigeria still fall in this category, hence why they still sit back, fold their hands and cry whilst expecting the old dudes to handover power just like that.

How can the youths take power when the old and evil elite have hijacked all available resources there are ?

How can the youths take power when the system in place is one that is created by the corrupt old people ?

How can the youths take power when they are disunited and hungry. Would a hungry man fight against a well fed man and win ? When we rise and say enough is enough, that's when the old corrupt politicians go through the back door and send every military and paramilitary arsenal against us. What will you do then ?

How can we take power when we don't have a common voice? If I start a common movement now and say you should join up forces with me, will you come ? Will you make sacrifices. If at my age, (less than 40 by the way) I come out for and electoral post, will you vote me ?

My brother, our system has failed us and is still failing us.... And the problem is bigger than we think. Until these old vegetables start dying and leave us alone, we might have to tell our kids that they are the leaders of tomorrow or even their own children...

It is a pity.
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by obailala(m): 9:07am On Jul 14, 2017
bencarson007:

How can the youths take power when the old and evil elite have hijacked all available resources there are ?

How can the youths take power when the system in place is one that is created by the corrupt old people ?

How can the youths take power when they are disunited and hungry. Would a hungry man fight against a well fed man and win ? When we rise and say enough is enough, that's when the old corrupt politicians go through the back door and send every military and paramilitary arsenal against us. What will you do then ?

How can we take power when we don't have a common voice? If I start a common movement now and say you should join up forces with me, will you come ? Will you make sacrifices. If at my age, (less than 40 by the way) I come out for and electoral post, will you vote me ?

My brother, our system has failed us and is still failing us.... And the problem is bigger than we think. Until these old vegetables start dying and leave us alone, we might have to tell our kids that they are the leaders of tomorrow or even their own children...

It is a pity.
A cry-cry baby only knows how to do one thing, i.e. to CRY. A lot of Nigerian youths are just cry babies and unfortunately, you sound exactly like them.

You are in a competition with an opponent and you sit back and expect the opponent to just carry the prize and give to you?.... Or you think by calling the older generation unprintable names and wishing them death, the prize would be handed over to you?.... What a weird and amusing sense of entitlement.

Do you think those other countries of the world where youths hold sway, do you think the youths sat down behind computers wailing and then the oldies handedover power to them?.... Respect is not given, it is earned. Leadership is not given, it is taken; and for the youths to take over, a lot of homework needs to be done. Crying wouldn't bring that shift.

Nnamdi Kanu as an example may not exactly be a youth at over 45, but his rise to fame is an example of what happens when you show seriousness, remaon focused and refuse to get swayed in your campaigns.

You asked whether I will vote for you if you come out for an electoral post. NO I wouldnt vote you cos I dont know you and you cant expect me to simply just gollow you because you're young. When the odds are against you, you have to distinguish yourself in order to stand out, you have to put in a great deal of work to earn that trust.

Since a major power shift is what is desired (old - young), mega effort is required; for a youth to win an election in Nigeria, he needs to put in far more effort than an oldie needs to put in. But the big question is, 'where are the serious youths in Nigeria?'
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by bencarson007(m): 9:29am On Jul 14, 2017
obailala:
A cry-cry baby only knows how to do one thing, i.e. to CRY. A lot of Nigerian youths are just cry babies and unfortunately, you sound exactly like them.

You are in a competition with an opponent and you sit back and expect the opponent to just carry the prize and give to you?.... Or you think by calling the older generation unprintable names and wishing them death, the prize would be handed over to you?.... What a weird and amusing sense of entitlement.

Do you think those other countries of the world where youths hold sway, do you think the youths sat down behind computers wailing and then the oldies handedover power to them?.... Respect is not given, it is earned. Leadership is not given, it is taken; and for the youths to take over, a lot of homework needs to be done. Crying wouldn't bring that shift.

Nnamdi Kanu as an example may not exactly be a youth at over 45, but his rise to fame is an example of what happens when you show seriousness, remaon focused and refuse to get swayed in your campaigns.

You asked whether I will vote for you if you come out for an electoral post. NO I wouldnt vote you cos I dont know you and you cant expect me to simply just gollow you because you're young. When the odds are against you, you have to distinguish yourself in order to stand out, you have to put in a great deal of work to earn that trust.

Since a major power shift is what is desired (old - young), mega effort is required; for a youth to win an election in Nigeria, he needs to put in far more effort than an oldie needs to put in. But the big question is, 'where are the serious youths in Nigeria?'

I respect some of your points but it is not enough to start hurling some silent insults at me. I posted this topic for positive critisms. Its not enough to say I am a cry baby. I take exceptions to silent insults sir.
#Respects
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by obailala(m): 3:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
bencarson007:

I respect some of your points but it is not enough to start hurling some silent insults at me. I posted this topic for positive critisms. Its not enough to say I am a cry baby. I take exceptions to silent insults sir.
#Respects
I'm sorry about my words, I absolutely didnt mean them to sound insultive to ypu personally, my apologies. I was only just trying to emphasise the problem about youths not rising to the occasion but rather sitting back and complaining.

In my opinion I think the problem really isnt the old folks not relinquishing power, the problem is the youths not rising up, uniting, seizing the opportunities and taking power.
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by dimssy(m): 3:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
When you take a stand,the stand stands for you....I believe leaving out all odds,we youths are bracing up to keep up with the challenge from these old folks who will want to keep recycling themselves...I stand for change
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by bencarson007(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
obailala:
I'm sorry about my words, I absolutely didnt mean them to sound insultive to ypu personally, my apologies. I was only just trying to emphasise the problem about youths not rising to the occasion but rather sitting back and complaining.

In my opinion I think the problem really isnt the old folks not relinquishing power, the problem is the youths not rising up, uniting, seizing the opportunities and taking power.

You are right
#Respects bro
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by chiagozien(m): 6:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
that is why we need our own country where the youth will take up the responsibility of the country.as for nigeria the power can never reach to the youths.some part of the country you will see them worshipping their elders like God even when their elders are on the wrong part,not that they should not respect them but to rise up and do what is right even when it did not favour some the elder,this one reason they see us down here as people who dont have king or who dont respect their elders.until this country is divide nothing for the youths.
Re: The Youths Of Nigeria Are Not The Leaders Of Tomorrow by PatriotTemidayo: 6:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
We never ready. cry

When we are ready, we will do away with ethnical colouration, we will jettison cult and goons calibration, we will understand that poverty and hunger knows no tribe, or camp or brotherhood. And then we will fight together as one and take back our future, which is presently used as PING-PONG by unintelligent politicians and elites.

Like I said, we never ready! undecided

(1) (Reply)

Trump Wife Mentions Biafra In CNN Ask Of Osinbanjo / IPOB Lagos Rally: What FFK Wrote About Igbos In 2013 / Buhari Sets Date, Option To Resign – Presidency Source Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.