Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! (5481 Views)

Coronavirus: Our Men Are Fucking Us Too Much- Ghana Women Protest / 'You Are A Selfish Bastard One Minute Man'- Unsatisfied Lady Curses Guy / I Saw This And I Wanted To Cry For Our Men.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 2:02pm On Jul 14, 2017
ennon92:
ur post is a phenomenon that cut across all gender. Some women too do cheat, some women can abuse the living day out of a man emotionally [its even the worst form of abuse] and so on....Btw, u said hw would i feel if my sister/daughter is being treated unjustly: well, i wouldnt feel bad IF she deserves the ill treatment.

Most of u ladies should thread carefully so as to avoid all the bullsh!t

I didn't say if she deserves it, I sed wat if she is not the cause Would u be okay with it?? It cuts across all gender but more rampant with Men... or do u need to carry out a survey U can already see some Men are supporting it and callin it a norm already... meaning I shld get used to it. Meaning I shldnt do anything about it, meaning I shld accept it. I guess this is Y Nigeria is like this Cs most of us try to celebrate Negativity
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
Trash, see the way she is generalising it
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by Melonny(m): 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
I had an interaction with a married man recently and I was shocked that he accused his wife(women) for his unhappiness. He stated his wife was fat. She looks unattractive as hell!
The question is, during your courtship, did you know she's going to get fat sometimes later? did you not know she was very lazy when it comes to exercising? you know but you opted to ignore and expect miracles.
Even when she gets fat after marriage, what have you done to make her healthy and be in good shape? Instead of complaining, why don't you get her some gym & fitness clothing and go to the gym together at least for three weeks.
Be a man, take the lead and don't be too selfish! lol..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
sunshineG:
yes but I am sure a of those guys are just trolling they know the right thing to do wink

Well i dunno, especially here on NL, most of the guys here are just too brutal when it comes to ladies issues.. it seems they are like lions waiting for a prey (female) to devour. Honestly, I can't stand being maltreated oo, I'm still praying for my husband everyday Cs I can't even say I want divorce at the end of the day Cs I'm against it. It's as if I will gaan marry a foreign man oo but who knows, if he might be worse. I'd just let God help me bcs I might just pick the wrong man if I rely on my own understanding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 2:10pm On Jul 14, 2017
Melonny:
I had an interaction with a married man recently and I was shocked that he accused his wife(women) for his unhappiness. He stated his wife was fat. She looks unattractive as hell!
The question is, during your courtship, did you know she's going to get fat sometimes later? did you not know she was very lazy when it comes to exercising? you know but you opted to ignore and expect miracles.
Even when she gets fat after marriage, what have you done to make her healthy and be in good shape? Instead of complaining, why don't you get her some gym & fitness clothing and go to the gym together at least for three weeks.
Be a man, take the lead and don't be too selfish! lol..

My dear, I tire oo and if u look properly, he is not the only one guilty of that crime... so many like him are still out der and it's not encouraging at all
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
Tajbol4splend:
Trash, see the way she is generalising it

Oga I'm not generalizing oo... Re-read my introduction again... I used the word "most" abi most na "all" now Ayam not understanding
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by Diamondville(f): 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
Gosh, the guys on Nairaland have proved you right.. African men just love oppressing women and it's one of the reasons why Africa is still the least developed continent

2 Likes

Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Well i dunno, especially here on NL, most of the guys here are just too brutal when it comes to ladies issues.. it seems they are like lions waiting for a prey (female) to devour. Honestly, I can't stand being maltreated oo, I'm still praying for my husband everyday Cs I can't even say I want divorce at the end of the day Cs I'm against it. It's as if I will gaan marry a foreign man oo but who knows, if he might be worse. I'd just let God help me bcs I might just pick the wrong man if I rely on my own understanding
now sis don't ever try to make any decision out of fear

Don't try to over think the marriage issue either, you might just get lost in your own thoughts of perfection and everything or anyone else will appear inperfect to you

When it comes to choosing a man you must trust your judgment and don't let pressure or your idea of perfection cloud your judgment

There are lots of good men out there, just don't be in haist to choose one,
Watch them
His character
His comments
The way he treats others
The way he treats himself

All these will give you a clue to who he may become and how you will be compatible with him
Hence, key to your happiness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by ennon92(m): 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

I didn't say if she deserves it, I sed wat if she is not the cause Would u be okay with it?? It cuts across all gender but more rampant with Men... or do u need to carry out a survey U can already see some Men are supporting it and callin it a norm already... meaning I shld get used to it. Meaning I shldnt do anything about it, meaning I shld accept it. I guess this is Y Nigeria is like this Cs most of us try to celebrate Negativity
There's nothing wrong in wut they re saying, the rule is as old as man. I dnt knw ur belief but it is written clearly in the holy books. It takes nothing from u to be submissive.
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
ennon92:
There's nothing wrong in wut they re saying, the rule is as old as man. I dnt knw ur belief but it is written clearly in the holy books. It takes nothing from u to be submissive.

There is a big difference between submission and disrespect!!! Who says I'm not encouraging submission, I'm not against it. As a matter of fact, I encourage submission
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 2:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
ennon92:

And if ders nothing wrong that means u are supporting it too... and I'm wondering y u did not answer the question I asked about if ur sister was being maltreated without her having anything to do with it... u are yet to answer... I've seen cases where women are submissive buh even at that they are abused emotionally... U Men just want ppl to be dancing to ur tunes both positive and negative ones but only a slave will watch u doing something negative and keep quiet. God did not give u a woman to beat her or abuse her, he gave u a woman to help you organize yourself as well as she too helping to organize you. It was never one sided, refer to the Holy books!
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by ennon92(m): 2:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Most women dont really knw wut they want truly. They would say they want a gentleman when the said gentleman man is cold to every of their action they will term him boring n go for the lively guys n the lively guys will put up their characters. Sooner or later most of them would be crying he beats me, he's a cheat he did this he did dat.....Bingo sef don weak for una matter

Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by ennon92(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

And if ders nothing wrong that means u are supporting it too... and I'm wondering y u did not answer the question I asked about if ur sister was being maltreated without her having anything to do with it... u are yet to answer... I've seen cases where women are submissive buh even at that they are abused emotionally... U Men just want ppl to be dancing to ur tunes both positive and negative ones but only a slave will watch u doing something negative and keep quiet. God did not give u a woman to beat her or abuse her, he gave u a woman to help you organize yourself as well as she too helping to organize you. It was never one sided, refer to the Holy books!
She should study her bf closely b4 marriage, by so doing she would knw if he's a potential wife beater...Btw, its only an insane man that would just beat her without doing anything wrong...she too must watch her mouth.

Lemme ask, would u be in love with /marry a weakling?
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by wordbank(m): 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

We are not naturally confused Oga .... if you don't have anything to say pls don't say anything at all thank u
Such a pity
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by OLAJADON: 3:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Oga I do not care what u or anybody thinks.... but My Man will not cheat on me Cs the fear and nature of God will be with him and guide him all the way and mind you, we women don't cheat not bcs we can't handle it, we do it bcs it's not In our nature to. So don't try to cover bad habits by saying that men will still be stallions after cheating bla bla bla... havnt u seen professional prostitutes still looking clean and agile after sleeping with different men I'm not trying to drag body with any man OGA and I'm not sayin Men and Women shld be equal... mayb u shld read again!! For the fact that it has been a norm doesn't make it okay. Nigeria has been suffering corruption since independence doesn't mean we shld continue to sit down and encourage corruption... don't use ur mouth to preach wrong messages for every word u utter, u shall give account finally
congratulations but I just hope you don't learn the hard way even your forefathers lived a polygamous life and your foremothers didn't complain.
I don't know if you have heard this before, virtually all men cheat some are open about it while others are not, only 2% are faithful, if you say you want the faithful one and other ladies also want the faithful ones I wonder what will happen to all the remaining women.
that is why I told you before to change this your notion of my man will not cheat or else you will injure yourself, am not saying you should support cheating but expect it so you won't be catch unaware.
it is girls like you that are very easy for fvckboiz because they understand that with a little sweet words and sign of committed, you are always theirs. like I said expect cheating from every man but not all cheat so you won't be catch unaware.
no matter how assertive you try to act you are, even from you chatting skills I can conclude you not that difficult to win over, all you need is more lies and few truth.
if you have been heartbroken before or had pass experiences that doesn't deduce for you to jump to this conclusion, attack the situation and not the individual, like I said again expect cheating from all men even the ones that act very decent but not all cheat, I pray you are not caught unaware so you won't remember today 13th of July 2017 and wished you took to my advice.
I wish you well in your adventure
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by OLAJADON: 3:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
Diamondville:
Gosh, the guys on Nairaland have proved you right.. African men just love oppressing women and it's one of the reasons why Africa is still the least developed continent
lolz
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by OLAJADON: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Nigerian men are not that bad, moreover tribe doesn't determine attitude....we still have good guys among us just that most of us think with the stick under us.

1 Like

Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
OLAJADON:

congratulations but I just hope you don't learn the hard way even your forefathers lived a polygamous life and your foremothers didn't complain.
I don't know if you have heard this before, virtually all men cheat some are open about it while others are not, only 2% are faithful, if you say you want the faithful one and other ladies also want the faithful ones I wonder what will happen to all the remaining women.
that is why I told you before to change this your notion of my man will not cheat or else you will injure yourself, am not saying you should support cheating but expect it so you won't be catch unaware.
it is girls like you that are very easy for fvckboiz because they understand that with a little sweet words and sign of committed, you are always theirs. like I said expect cheating from every man but not all cheat so you won't be catch unaware.
no matter how assertive you try to act you are, even from you chatting skills I can conclude you not that difficult to win over, all you need is more lies and few truth.
if you have been heartbroken before or had pass experiences that doesn't deduce for you to jump to this conclusion, attack the situation and not the individual, like I said again expect cheating from all men even the ones that act very decent but not all cheat, I pray you are not caught unaware so you won't remember today 13th of July 2017 and wished you took to my advice.
I wish you well in your adventure

That is why it's called Faith!!! The carnal mind cannot comprehend it, it is foolishness unto him! Faith Conquers All!!! Thank uuuuuu all the same
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
ennon92:
Most women dont really knw wut they want truly. They would say they want a gentleman when the said gentleman man is cold to every of their action they will term him boring n go for the lively guys n the lively guys will put up their characters. Sooner or later most of them would be crying he beats me, he's a cheat he did this he did dat.....Bingo sef don weak for una matter

Lmao u are just a clown grin true tho... same thing happens with Men. They'd say they want a Beyoncé buh deep down they know they are falling for Angelina Jolie. Confused ppl everywhere
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
Diamondville:

grin grin Veryyyyy Trueeeeeeeeee!!!! African Men there is God oooo. This oppressing dat u ppl are oppressing us, diarisGod ooo... grin
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2017
OLAJADON:

Nigerian men are not that bad, moreover tribe doesn't determine attitude....we still have good guys among us just that most of us think with the stick under us.

Awww... I admire ur honesty!!!
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by ennon92(m): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Lmao u are just a clown grin true tho... same thing happens with Men. They'd say they want a Beyoncé buh deep down they know they are falling for Angelina Jolie. Confused ppl everywhere
cool

Where were u posted to?
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
ennon92:
cool

Where were u posted to?

Akwaibom
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by ennon92(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Akwaibom
A nice state to serve....Kazaure just delaying stream2 unnecessarily
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by OLAJADON: 6:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

That is why it's called Faith!!! The carnal mind cannot comprehend it, it is foolishness unto him! Faith Conquers All!!! Thank uuuuuu all the same
u welcome

1 Like

Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
ennon92:
A nice state to serve....Kazaure just delaying stream2 unnecessarily

Hehe... u in stream 2? Or just concerned
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by Fourwinds: 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Cause or because
why will u be using Cs in the first place....it is easy for someone to read "d" for the., y for "why" that for "dat" and so on...

the way some of u use short hand is really annoying
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by antieverything(m): 6:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
madam go nd cheat... stop complaining like u re tied down biko undecided
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by ennon92(m): 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
itsmeurLady:

Hehe... u in stream 2? Or just concerned
am in stream 2....the whole stuff should be scrapped
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
Fourwinds:
why will u be using Cs in the first place....it is easy for someone to read "d" for the., y for "why" that for "dat" and so on...

the way some of u use short hand is really annoying

Lmao... Oga nor vex, no be me start am oo grin grin and I'm even surprised u are seeing it for the first time. It's a popular abbreviation
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2017
antieverything:
madam go nd cheat... stop complaining like u re tied down biko undecided

Oga I don't cheat... and I'm not complaining... it's just a general observation
Re: Our Tradition Has Made Our Men Selfish!!!! by itsmeurLady(f): 7:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
ennon92:
am in stream 2....the whole stuff should be scrapped

Ud soon see the reason y it shldnt. I once sed that too when I wasn't a Corp member

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Put Love Before Beauty When Searching For A Partner? / Thread Closed!!!!! / When Did You Learn To Call Women Bitches?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.