Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Bakayoko Completes Chelsea Move From Monaco - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bakayoko Completes Chelsea Move From Monaco (509 Views)

Henry Onyekuru Rejoins Galatasaray Till Season End From Monaco FC / Tiemoue Bakayoko Crashes £150,000 Mercedes SUV / Alvaro Morata Completes Chelsea Move - See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bakayoko Completes Chelsea Move From Monaco by Cenken(m): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Chelsea have signed midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco for an undisclosed fee.

The 22-year-old France international has signed a five-year deal with the Premier League champions.

He becomes Chelsea's second major summer signing after they brought in defender Antonio Rudiger from Roma.
Bakayoko, 22, is a tall, strong and quick central midfielder who was instrumental in Monaco’s Ligue 1 triumph last season, as well as their impressive run to the Champions League semi-finals.

Bakayoko joined Monaco from Ligue 1 rivals Rennes in 2014 and made his France debut in a friendly defeat by Spain in March this year.

He was part of the Monaco squad that reached the Champions League semi-finals last season, going out of the competition to Juventus.

Bakayoko, who will wear the number 14 shirt at Chelsea, said: "I am very happy to be here and to join this great team.

"I have grown up watching Chelsea. Signing was the natural thing for me because it is a club I loved very much in my childhood.

"I am now looking forward to evolving under this fantastic coach [Antonio Conte] and alongside so many great team-mates."

His physicality, awareness and timing in the tackle means he is superb at winning the ball back and harassing opponents into mistakes. In a tight central midfield two at Monaco he starred as they unexpectedly beat Paris St-Germain to the title and also reached the last four of the Champions League, knocking out Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund en route. Bakayoko scored the decisive goal in a thrilling two-legged tie against the Premier League side.

Born in Paris, Bakayoko came through the Rennes academy in the north-west of France and made his senior debut in August 2013, a week after his 19th birthday.

He signed for Monaco the following summer and made almost 100 appearances for the principality side during his three seasons there, scoring five goals.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:manchester United Stars Meet Game Of Thrones Actors Before They Ar / The 20 Most Fouled Players In Premier League (season 2016/17) / Neymar V Semedo & Two Other Infamous Bust-ups Lionsbet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.