Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Who Are You To Question God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You To Question God? (10230 Views)

Is Having The Mental Strength To Question God's Existence A Sin? / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / “is It Wrong To Question God?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by oaroloye(m): 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
SHALOM!

As His Follower, I should expect the Right to know where He is leading me.

I might want to zip up a Flak Jacket, or something...?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by CHARLOE(m): 1:49pm On Jul 16, 2017
obinna58:

Hahahahah
U bluffing out the lies/illusion they installed u with grin
They told u not to question him cos they knew he has done some terrible crazy things
In fact God is a hypocrite just like his Ass lickers

Says we should love our enemy, sends his to hellfire

Says we must forgive, like he forgived Adam and eve, The little Children mocking the bald Prophet, Moses, Cain, Solomon, Satan.

Says he is unchangeable, decline many things He use to accept in the Old Testament to create New Testament

Says we should not kill, drown the Whole earth, Killed his son, Kills little children, destroys Sodom and Gomorrah, even encourages killing, help Samson, David, Moses Etc to kill.

Says we shouldn't be jealous to one another but he is a jealous God

Tells us not to fear, says we should fear him

Says he is beyond understanding but his ass licker Followers understood every positive side of him.

Religion fooling people since day one

Too many contradictions, reason I started questioning god
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by CHARLOE(m): 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
@ op, do u question ur father? If yes, why then can't u question god? Afterall u call him father, don't u?
D truth is never scared of scrutiny, only lies are. So question all things!
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
lepasharon:
Bennyann congrats for fp oo

Like seriously? This made fp? shocked

Sis, make sure you're there to congratulate me for something greater, OK? wink
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 2:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
okonja:

But I am curious, why can't you just worship creator Himself directly rather than through who he created to bring his message to you? lipsrsealed

Because Jesus and God are one grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Allah is God to some people. When these people go about killing people in Allah's name, do you question them?

Why or why not?

I didn't insinuate it is wrong to question God and I never said we shouldn't question Him. Infact many in the Bible questioned Him and I do sometimes. There was a time I got angry with Him sad

But since the creator has all the power, then who are we to question Him? He can do whatever He likes and whatever He deem fit and even if you talk or argue or brag from morning till night, He will still do what He prefers. So all we can do is use the mouth He has given us for or against Him grin that's all we all can do, nothing else.

If this is how powerful He is, why then don't we respectfully talk about Him or talk to Him?

Thank God for Jesus who enable us with the grace to approach God and communicate with Him as our father.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by EmekaBlue(m): 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

let's study your holy book and see if your post makes sense

And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

With all these passages claiming that if they have even the smallest amount of faith (Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.)then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted,

there are obviously only a few options available for Christians to chose after taking a honest look at the lives of Christians and seeing their prayers fail most of the time:

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention, like amputees had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist
This is serious...
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
Deicide:

Please love if you see him ask for the color of his hair

Dear, you will not change. If you ask Him, He will tell you because that's the main thing in your heart now. tongue
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Where is it?
I'll like to question it.

bennyann??

My dear, you're always skeptical grin. Someone you've been questioning for long, it's now you're looking for Him. grin
I know you're looking for trouble but here is it

When you seek Him, You will find Him.

1chronicles 22:19 Now set your heart and your soul to seek the Lord your God

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call ye upon him while He is near

1chronicles 28:9 if thou seek Him, He will be found of thee.

Hebrews 11:6 for He that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by okonja(m): 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

Because Jesus and God are one grin

So you mean, Mary gave birth to God lipsrsealed
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

My dear, you're always skeptical grin. Someone you've been questioning for long, it's now you're looking for Him. grin
I know you're looking for trouble but here is it

When you seek Him, You will find Him.

1chronicles 22:19 Now set your heart and your soul to seek the Lord your God

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call ye upon him while He is near

1chronicles 28:9 if thou seek Him, He will be found of thee.

Hebrews 11:6 for He that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Question left unanswered.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
Mochmoch:

Who da Bleep is dis guy?
Is that all u av to say undecided
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
realmindz:

Deep within us, we all know Yahweh is a serial failure.

If nothing is impossible for him and you can ask for anything...Pls what have you ever asked from Yahweh that he has done for you? And you are 100% sure that he did it all alone without you working hard towards it or through coincidences which you attributed to him.

The gods have no business with us, it's all about us.

In Him I live, move and have my being. He didn't create me to be idle. I didn't come to this world to do nothing only for Him to care for me like a toy. There's a reason He gave us a thinking faculty, you can decide to use it for Him or against Him.

It's just like saying seun shouldn't receive any attribute garnered by nairaland because the mods are active and the members are also active. If no one is active or not, seun will still get any attributes connected to nairaland.

If as a Christian, i make it big, you will tell me I did it myself but when I don't make it, you then blame my God. God said we should give him praise, through the bad times and good times, give Him the glory.

And nothing is impossible for Him.
All I have to do is to let Him be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path, that's all. Answers that please you are not the only thing you can call answers to whatever you've asked. Need I tell you no is also an answer? An answer which isn't yet visible to you because it hasn't manifested yet is also an answer but only pending to you.

We all have different destinies in this world, the important thing is to fulfill our purpose in Christ, to fulfill the purpose for which we came into this world.

So to me, God has been faithful. All I need to do is to keep on walking on the path He has ordained for me and I will get to my destination.

The God I know have business with us, He is very interested in our matter. He cannot just create a wonderful and amazingly designed beings and then leave them all to themselves.

He is knocking on the door of your heart, listen to Him and give Him a chance.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 4:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
obinna58:

Hahahahah
U bluffing out the lies/illusion they installed u with grin
They told u not to question him cos they knew he has done some terrible crazy things
In fact God is a hypocrite just like his Ass lickers

Says we should love our enemy, sends his to hellfire

Says we must forgive, like he forgived Adam and eve, The little Children mocking the bald Prophet, Moses, Cain, Solomon, Satan.

Says he is unchangeable, decline many things He use to accept in the Old Testament to create New Testament

Says we should not kill, drown the Whole earth, Killed his son, Kills little children, destroys Sodom and Gomorrah, even encourages killing, help Samson, David, Moses Etc to kill.

Says we shouldn't be jealous to one another but he is a jealous God

Tells us not to fear, says we should fear him

Says he is beyond understanding but his ass licker Followers understood every positive side of him.

Religion fooling people since day one

Obim, I didn't say you shouldn't question Him o.

But who do you think you are to question Him? All you can do is to make noise with your mouth. You can't dictate for Him my dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Deicide: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

Dear, you will not change. If you ask Him, He will tell you because that's the main thing in your heart now. tongue
Ask him for me na grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by realmindz: 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

In Him I live, move and have my being. He didn't create me to be idle. I didn't come to this world to do nothing only for Him to care for me like a toy. There's a reason He gave us a thinking faculty, you can decide to use it for Him or against Him.

It's just like saying seun shouldn't receive any attribute garnered by nairaland because the mods are active and the members are also active. If no one is active or not, seun will still get any attributes connected to nairaland.

If as a Christian, i make it big, you will tell me I did it myself but when I don't make it, you then blame my God. God said we should give him praise, through the bad times and good times, give Him the glory.

And nothing is impossible for Him.
All I have to do is to let Him be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path, that's all. Answers that please you are not the only thing you can call answers to whatever you've asked. Need I tell you no is also an answer? An answer which isn't yet visible to you because it hasn't manifested yet is also an answer but only pending to you.

We all have different destinies in this world, the important thing is to fulfill our purpose in Christ, to fulfill the purpose for which we came into this world.

So to me, God has been faithful. All I need to do is to keep on walking on the path He has ordained for me and I will get to my destination.

The God I know have business with us, He is very interested in our matter. He cannot just create a wonderful and amazingly designed beings and then leave them all to themselves.

He is knocking on the door of your heart, listen to Him and give Him a chance.

The God that you know, can you describe him?
if not, then he remains a creation of your imaginations and that's where he belongs...

And regarding love, the Jewish warlord gives no damn, all he wants is your worship and fear.

Never ever mistaken love with worship, love is not jealous neither does it command worship, love is adoration and does not come with threats nor incentives. Love is not forceful.

But I am amazed how you folks confused Yahwehs dictatorship, bully, wickedness, blood thirstiness with love and celebrate that demon as heroic??
That is the perfect definition of self deceit and hypocrisy...

Even his first 4 commandments speak a lot about that jewish demonic selfishness and desire for ultimate control and fear; Fear him, worship him and him alone, keep a day for him and fear his name....pls whr is thine love Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Martinez19(m): 4:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
EmekaBlue:
From d comments, We can see many people are frustrated and dont see prayers working so deviating sense of childhood beliefs.. We thank GOD for gift of life...Chineke biko zaam akpere
come o. Why is it that when people are bashing christianity, you christians say that the person is frustrated because his/her prayers are not answered? Why frustration? Why unanswered prayers? What didn't you think of anything else as to the cause of their behaviour? Are you indirectly admitting that it is usual for prayers not to be answered? Because if prayer works no one should be frustrated. undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Martinez19(m): 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
Melonny:
Isaiah 55: 8-9“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,neither are your ways my ways,”declares the lord
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
I dare not question God Almighty. What we pray for sometimes ain't what he wants for us.
He doesn't seek opinion or advice before he decides what is good for you.
healings of cancer and hiv, restoration of amputees etc. are not good for people. I am sure God knows best. undecided
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by realmindz: 4:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

Obim, I didn't say you shouldn't question Him o.

But who do you think you are to question Him? All you can do is to make noise with your mouth. You can't dictate for Him my dear.
you did not address the issues he raised, stop hiding and defending your powerless Yahweh. He is only powerful in books where he drowned the whole world and left only your jewish ancestor (of course Noah is your ancestor ) on earth 5000 years ago to populate the billions of people on earth today (logic is failure)

How a supposed loving Yahweh killed millions at the slightest provocation.

The wisest of all made the perfect judgement to kill Egyptian babies, of course nothing more reasonable could ve been done

Destroyed hundreds of thousands for not worshipping him, of course that made perfect sense and no better solution could ve been considered.

Flooding the earth was the perfect judgement anyway to kill both the young and old, even animals were guilty....of course he did that thinking that would end the world's problem?? But did that change anything?? be true to yourself, does that make sense to you?

So if truly you communicate with that demon, I think it's time you question him
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by EmekaBlue(m): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
Martinez19:
come o. Why is it that when people are bashing christianity, you christians say that the person is frustrated because his/her prayers are not answered? Why frustration? Why unanswered prayers? What didn't you think of anything else as to the cause of their behaviour? Are you indirectly admitting that it is usual for prayers not to be answered? Because if prayer works no one should be frustrated. undecided
*admitting that it is usual for prayers not to be answered* To be Honest ...Yes,Prayers are never easily answered the way we want..GOD knows best
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
realmindz:

The God that you know, can you describe him?
if not, then he remains a creation of your imaginations and that's where he belongs...

And regarding love, the Jewish warlord gives no damn, all he wants is your worship and fear.

Never ever mistaken love with worship, love is not jealous neither does it command worship, love is adoration and does not come with threats nor incentives. Love is not forceful.

But I am amazed how you folks confused Yahwehs dictatorship, bully, wickedness, blood thirstiness with love and celebrate that demon as heroic??
That is the perfect definition of self deceit and hypocrisy...

Even his first 4 commandments speak a lot about that jewish demonic selfishness and desire for ultimate control and fear; Fear him, worship him and him alone, keep a day for him and fear his name....pls whr is thine love Hypocrites

This is serious. Heiiiiiiiiii

Realmindz are you that love sick? And from your write up, it's so obvious you're starving of love but you don't have it in mind to reciprocate the love shown to you.

This is really serious! I think I should call the doctors in the house to come to your rescue.

You know what? Are you married? If no, go get married to whom you cherish and then make her a public liability, I mean share with another and make sure you still love her and still treat her better and don't even try divorcing her.

Then you can come here and repeat all those things up there. Ok
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
realmindz:

you did not address the issues he raised, stop hiding and defending your powerless Yahweh. He is only powerful in books where he drowned the whole world and left only your jewish ancestor (of course Noah is your ancestor ) on earth 5000 years ago to populate the billions of people on earth today (logic is failure)

How a supposed loving Yahweh killed millions at the slightest provocation.

The wisest of all made the perfect judgement to kill Egyptian babies, of course nothing more reasonable could ve been done

Destroyed hundreds of thousands for not worshipping him, of course that made perfect sense and no better solution could ve been considered.

Flooding the earth was the perfect judgement anyway to kill both the young and old, even animals were guilty....of course he did that thinking that would end the world's problem?? But did that change anything?? be true to yourself, does that make sense to you?

So if truly you communicate with that demon, I think it's time you question him

I never knew you were a demon till now. Look at how you identified how demonic god is so easily. When did you become one? Are you sure you are an atheist?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Martinez19(m): 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
EmekaBlue:
*admitting that it is usual for prayers not to be answered* To be Honest ...Yes,Prayers are never easily answered the way we want..GOD knows best
Guy, I like your honesty. I sense you may be praying for something. Let me assure you that prayer does not work. I have see many die and frustrated. Not one I know can boast beyond all doubt that prayers have been answered.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by EmekaBlue(m): 5:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
Martinez19:
Guy, I like your honesty. I sense you may be praying for something. Let me assure you that prayer does not work. I have see many die and frustrated. Not one I know can boast beyond all doubt that prayers have been answered.
undecided Recently i dont like someone even preaching to me..I tell them to just leave me
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by akintom(m): 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
Who are you to question God?....... Kikikikikikiki

No one is questioning your God OP. Yahweh (your own brand of Gods) is an imaginary idol of the desert dwelling Jews.

Yahweh is particularly scripted, with grand plagiarism of cosmology myths, of idols that existed in the oral folklore, of the culture that existed pre that of Jews.

No rational being, questions fictional character. Only the deluded worshiper of Yahweh questions it, when they are disillusioned.

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:
Is there anyone you know you dare not question? Is there anyone, at least one person like that you dare not disrespect? If yes, then who do you think you are to question God? undecided

Who really are we to question God? A God in charge of the air we breathe, in charge of our thinking faculty and anything else that make us feel relevant, beyond anyone else.

What right do you think you have to dictate for Him? What level of existence do you operate in that you feel you can tell Him what and not what to do? A mere man who sleeps and knows not what happen around him during those moment but only to wake up and question God as though God operates in his level.

You who can't stop yourself from sleeping, from eating, from thirst, who can hardly control your reflex actions, what makes you think you can question God?

You who can't recreate yourself or create someone like you, You this worm, this clay, how can you boldly stand up to your creator? What level of intelligence do you have that you think you have the guts to stand up to God?

You say who is God? He is your creator.
A creator who was not created, I mean He has no creator. A creator who was, who has been before time, before the world began, before creation. Our creator has no beginning and ending of days. He is the only one who knew us before we were formed in our mother’s womb, the one who knows the number of hairs on your head, the one who knows your thoughts even before you carry them out, the one who gives you life and air to breathe. 

And you know what? He is just one kind, I mean there is none like Him. He is the one who without Him nothing was made that has been made.

So how dare you question Him? I am not saying you shouldn't question Him, but what right do you have to question Him?

I am a child of God and I can ask him questions. Stop painting God as if he is a tyrant.

5 20 In those days Hezekiah was sickand near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son ofAmoz, went to himand said to him, “Thus says theLord: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.’”2 Then he turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to theLord, saying,3 “Remember now, OLord, I pray, howI have walked before You in truthand with a loyal heart, and have donewhat wasgood in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.4 And it happened, before Isaiah had gone out into the middlecourt, that the word of theLordcame to him, saying,5 “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus saystheLord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the houseof theLord.6 And I will add to your days fifteen years.I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake, and for the sake of My servant David.”’”
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Humanistme: 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
cheesy
you are beginning to sound like analice. lipsrsealed it not good at all believe me
bennyann:

This is serious. Heiiiiiiiiii

Realmindz are you that love sick? And from your write up, it's so obvious you're starving of love but you don't have it in mind to reciprocate the love shown to you.

This is really serious! I think I should call the doctors in the house to come to your rescue.

You know what? Are you married? If no, go get married to whom you cherish and then make her a public liability, I mean share with another and make sure you still love her and still treat her better and don't even try divorcing her.

Then you can come here and repeat all those things up there. Ok
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Martinez19(m): 5:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
EmekaBlue:
undecided Recently i dont like someone even preaching to me..I tell them to just leave me
I am not a christian or belong to any religion. I am a free thinker. grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by EmekaBlue(m): 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
Martinez19:
I am not a christian or belong to any religion. I am a free thinker. grin
but i bet u were once a christian
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by frank317: 5:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:
Is there anyone you know you dare not question? Is there anyone, at least one person like that you dare not disrespect? If yes, then who do you think you are to question God? undecided

Who really are we to question God? A God in charge of the air we breathe, in charge of our thinking faculty and anything else that make us feel relevant, beyond anyone else.

What right do you think you have to dictate for Him? What level of existence do you operate in that you feel you can tell Him what and not what to do? A mere man who sleeps and knows not what happen around him during those moment but only to wake up and question God as though God operates in his level.

You who can't stop yourself from sleeping, from eating, from thirst, who can hardly control your reflex actions, what makes you think you can question God?

You who can't recreate yourself or create someone like you, You this worm, this clay, how can you boldly stand up to your creator? What level of intelligence do you have that you think you have the guts to stand up to God?

You say who is God? He is your creator.
A creator who was not created, I mean He has no creator. A creator who was, who has been before time, before the world began, before creation. Our creator has no beginning and ending of days. He is the only one who knew us before we were formed in our mother’s womb, the one who knows the number of hairs on your head, the one who knows your thoughts even before you carry them out, the one who gives you life and air to breathe. 

And you know what? He is just one kind, I mean there is none like Him. He is the one who without Him nothing was made that has been made.

So how dare you question Him? I am not saying you shouldn't question Him, but what right do you have to question Him?

This one has finally gone mad
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Martinez19(m): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
EmekaBlue:
but i bet u were once a christian
I was raised as a christian I left when I saw the hypocrisy of christians, the dubious nature of pastors and christians and the lies and deception of the bible.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by EmekaBlue(m): 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
Martinez19:
I was raised as a christian I left when I saw the hypocrisy of christians, the dubious nature of pastors and christians and the lies and deception of the bible.
I might join u soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jesus Is God. See / Bisola Johnson, Red Light District Girl Exposed – Tb Joshua / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.