Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Who Are You To Question God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are You To Question God? (10232 Views)

Is Having The Mental Strength To Question God's Existence A Sin? / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / “is It Wrong To Question God?” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

Obim, I didn't say you shouldn't question Him o.

But who do you think you are to question Him? All you can do is to make noise with your mouth. You can't dictate for Him my dear.
Who am I to question an unseen creator, amazing reply shocked
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by mank1234(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
Martinez19:
I was raised as a christian I left when I saw the hypocrisy of christians, the dubious nature of pastors and christians and the lies and deception of the bible.

Does this mean, you lived your life for the hypocritical Christians or dubious pastors? Your standard of who a Christian should be must have been flawed. Different books of the bible were written by men of God.

Show me where Jesus, our standard was wrong.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
frank317:

This one has finally gone mad

You sure Frank? We're in this together grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 5:51pm On Jul 16, 2017
Humanistme:
cheesy
you are beginning to sound like analice. lipsrsealed it not good at all believe me

You sound like a dear one to me. Is there an alternate of yours I'm use to?

And his post led me to my comment. I'm being me here and not like anyone else. He had a problem with God being a God of love and at the same time a jealous God. I only pick on those and made some illustrations grin

Please leave my analice out of this o
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 5:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
onyenze123:

I am a child of God and I can ask him questions. Stop painting God as if he is a tyrant.

5 20 In those days Hezekiah was sickand near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son ofAmoz, went to himand said to him, “Thus says theLord: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.’”2 Then he turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to theLord, saying,3 “Remember now, OLord, I pray, howI have walked before You in truthand with a loyal heart, and have donewhat wasgood in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.4 And it happened, before Isaiah had gone out into the middlecourt, that the word of theLordcame to him, saying,5 “Return and tell Hezekiah the leader of My people, ‘Thus saystheLord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the houseof theLord.6 And I will add to your days fifteen years.I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for My own sake, and for the sake of My servant David.”’”

We're on the same page dear, if you go through my comments or the first page you would know.

Many do not understand the thread, I guess it's my fault.

But since when did you become a child of God? undecided
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Humanistme: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
the comment is some how out of place but carry on grin
bennyann:

You sound like a dear one to me. Is there an alternate of yours I'm use to?

And his post led me to my comment. I'm being me here and not like anyone else. He had a problem with God being a God of love and at the same time a jealous God. I only pick on those and made some illustrations grin

Please leave my analice out of this o

the comment is some how out of place but carry on
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

I never knew you were a demon till now. Look at how you identified how demonic god is so easily. When did you become one? Are you sure you are an atheist?

Exactly how religionists react when they fail to reason intelligently
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Martinez19(m): 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
EmekaBlue:
I might join u soon
grin grin grin it won't be long before you realise everything about the bible and christianity is all lies and deception. There is no such thing as holy spirit, demons, Satan, saviour Jesus and christian god. It's all deception.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:11pm On Jul 16, 2017
obinna58:

Exactly how religionists react when they fail to reason intelligently

Dear, you can say so again if all those insults of yours reflect intelligence.

Now I'm sure you are an atheist because no 'demon' in your write up and 'intelligence' is present. grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
Humanistme:

the comment is some how out of place but carry on grin

the comment is some how out of place but carry on
cheesy wink
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

We're on the same page dear, if you go through my comments or the first page you would know.

Many do not understand the thread, I guess it's my fault.

But since when did you become a child of God? undecided

I have always been.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by victorazy(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

would you be so kind to tell me what we discussed and how I was not matured in the discussion, TBH I discuss with a lot of people here so its hard keeping tracks

Plz always keep tracks, that shows how matured u r because if u must know where ur going to, u must know where ur coming from and ur history and past.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by hopefulLandlord: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
victorazy:

Plz always keep tracks, that shows how matured u r because if u must know where ur going to, u must know where ur coming from and ur history and past.

you haven't answered the question, what did we discuss last week? how was I immature?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

Dear, you can say so again if all those insults of yours reflect intelligence.

Now I'm sure you are an atheist because no 'demon' in your write up and 'intelligence' is present. grin

No wonder, that's why U failed to reason with me Or even correct my wrong side of view rather it reflected to as an insult, and u started talking blablabla
U can't even understand the difference between insult and fact can u? undecided
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

As His Follower, I should expect the Right to know where He is leading me.

I might want to zip up a Flak Jacket, or something...?

Yes sir, as his follower. Even the Israelite had an idea of where God was leading them to before they got there, Joseph had an idea of how bright his future would be, Samuel knew the step God wanted him to take and he yielded. Moses had an idea of how his journey would be like.

We all can communicate with God however way we want but it should be with a humble spirit and a contrite heart and not with a proud heart or with an ulterior motive.

Because no matter how smart we think we are, we can't equal Him. He will always have the final say and do whatever He pleases and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

His followers, His children should know how to access His heart. He gave us the right to be called sons of God.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
obinna58:

No wonder, that's why U failed to reason with me Or even correct my wrong side of view rather it reflected to as an insult, and u started talking blablabla
U can't even understand the difference between insult and fact can u? undecided

Forgive me for not understanding the difference.

Obim, you and realmindz are confusing me. Are you him? Or is it because you sound alike?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by victorazy(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

you haven't answered the question, what did we discuss last week? how was I immature?

figure it out.

I didn't mean u were immature last week but this week.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
onyenze123:

I have always been.

Always? Are you not referring to another god here?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
Ngo40, I want to use this medium to say I've missed you. Please where are you? embarassed
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by hopefulLandlord: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
victorazy:

figure it out.
park well, you no get point
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

Forgive me for not understanding the difference.

Obim, you and realmindz are confusing me. Are you him? Or is it because you sound alike?
Hehehe do we, realmindz Come and see oo cheesy guess she z heading somewhere,
Bennyann stop running around the bush grin, hit the nail on the head grin
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by hopefulLandlord: 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
victorazy:

figure it out.
park well, you no get point
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by obinna58(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:
Ngo40, I want to use this medium to say I've missed you. Please where are you? embarassed
Ngo40 z probably having a good time somewhere, guess she must have missed an opportunity for preaching, just like my sis, eager to preach and not ready to understand ur point of view
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by realmindz: 7:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

This is serious. Heiiiiiiiiii

Realmindz are you that love sick? And from your write up, it's so obvious you're starving of love but you don't have it in mind to reciprocate the love shown to you.

This is really serious! I think I should call the doctors in the house to come to your rescue.

You know what? Are you married? If no, go get married to whom you cherish and then make her a public liability, I mean share with another and make sure you still love her and still treat her better and don't even try divorcing her.

Then you can come here and repeat all those things up there. Ok

It's interesting to know thay you have nothing to say in defence of your Jewish monster.

Christians and lame analogies, well lemme help you ridicule your analogy more...

I find a girl and tell her I love her, she can choose to love me back out of freewill but if she does not love me back, I will threaten her will rape and murder. Her life will become miserable. Note, I met this girl on social network and we have never met before.

Then I promise her if she remain faithful, I will be responsible for all the good things in her life which she must praise me for...

Plus I give her ten commandments she must do...I love her so much so she must worship me all the days of her life, she must never mess with my name otherwise I'll arrange to beat her without mercy but I love her so much and it's out of free gift to her...

If this does not make sense to you, then why does your fvking religion make sense....

I am fine with the people in my life who I can see and communicate with, they may not be all loving, all caring nor all powerful but they are the real gods I adore. The people who out of their limitations will give their very best to me. We may sometimes hurt one another, yet we cant do without the other.
That is oKay with me, I dont need a god who who claims to be all powerful, all merciful, all loving but all useless..
grin enjoy your little monster

2 Likes

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 7:48pm On Jul 16, 2017
realmindz:

It's interesting to know thay you have nothing to say in defence of your Jewish monster.

Christians and lame analogies, well lemme help you ridicule your analogy more...

I find a girl and tell her I love her, she can choose to love me back out of freewill but if she does not love me back, I will threaten her will rape and murder. Her life will become miserable. Note, I met this girl on social network and we have never met before.

Then I promise her if she remain faithful, I will be responsible for all the good things in her life which she must praise me for...

Plus I give her ten commandments she must do...I love her so much so she must worship me all the days of her life, she must never mess with my name otherwise I'll arrange to beat her without mercy but I love her so much and it's out of free gift to her...

If this does not make sense to you, then why does your fvking religion make sense....

I am fine with the people in my life who I can see and communicate with, they may not be all loving, all caring nor all powerful but they are the real gods I adore. The people who out of their limitations will give their very best to me. We may sometimes hurt one another, yet we cant do without the other.
That is oKay with me, I dont need a god who who claims to be all powerful, all merciful, all loving but all useless..
grin enjoy your little monster

You're talking about a random girl and not a wife. You don't own her, let her live her life.

God owns you but if you don't want to reciprocate the love, fine. You've chosen your path.

That leads us to the question, who are you to question Him? You want to dictate for Him but you've not even made us know if you're qualified to tell Him how to be God.
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 7:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
obinna58:

Hehehe do we, realmindz Come and see oo cheesy guess she z heading somewhere,
Bennyann stop running around the bush grin, hit the nail on the head grin

grin

Come and drag me now
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by realmindz: 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

You're talking about a random girl and not a wife. You don't own her, let her live her life.

God owns you but if you don't want to reciprocate the love, fine. You've chosen your path.

That leads us to the question, who are you to question Him? You want to dictate for Him but you've not even made us know if you're qualified to tell Him how to be God.

I'm sorry to say this, your logical reasoning ability should be questioned..

In the analogy I gave above, that shouldn't even apply to a wife, son, daughter....not even a slave. Anyway your god is a god of slavery
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
realmindz:

I'm sorry to say this, your logical reasoning ability should be questioned..

In the analogy I gave above, that shouldn't even apply to a wife, son, daughter....not even a slave. Anyway your god is a god of slavery

It would be questioned by you since you're the intelligent one of course but from your comment below

It means if you're faithful, committed to God, He would be responsible for you. But since you decided not to be for Him, then you're no longer under His care as He would have loved.

He is God who has shown you His ways and has made you to understand it is when you do His commands, that's when your love for him is revealed. And His command, is for you to love Him with everything you've got and also love your neighbor as yourself. Is that too much to ask?

I don't understand how you decided to rebel against God and still expect to get the same result as though you love Him. What would now be the difference between those who love Him and you who don't.

Everything has a reward. And you don't blame someone else for your decisions.

It's like you're angry with God because He said there would be bad consequences for you if you don't follow Him and that alone makes you rebel.

That's the truth! There would be consequences for unfaithfulness and that is as a result of your decision and that's because you are no more under his protection so the next available spirit being will take over especially if you've sold your soul to him. You've closed your door against God, you've rejected Him and even sent Him out of your life. Now the one who doesn't own you eventually have you in his claws and he can't wait to make you go through all the consequences God revealed to you.

How can that be the fault of your creator who has shown you the path to follow? He told you to choose life but you're annoyed with him, calling him evil because He gave you conditions. And what's the condition, to love Him.

Why should that be an issue to you? Everywhere you find yourself, there are rules and principles to follow and if you are too big for those, I think you've found a position that fits that and that's where you are now. But it would be a pity, if in reality, you go by rules of the system of this world.

I myself can't force myself on one who rejects me so I still don't understand why you guys think you understand love and how it works than the one who created it. Can two work together except they agree?
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by realmindz: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

It would be questioned by you since you're the intelligent one of course but from your comment below

It means if you're faithful, committed to God, He would be responsible for you. But since you decided not to be for Him, then you're no longer under His care as He would have loved.

He is God who has shown you His ways and has made you to understand it is when you do His commands, that's when your love for him is revealed. And His command, is for you to love Him with everything you've got and also love your neighbor as yourself. Is that too much to ask?

I don't understand how you decided to rebel against God and still expect to get the same result as though you love Him. What would now be the difference between those who love Him and you who don't.

Everything has a reward. And you don't blame someone else for your decisions.

It's like you're angry with God because He said there would be bad consequences for you if you don't follow Him and that alone makes you rebel.

That's the truth! There would be consequences for unfaithfulness and that is as a result of your decision and that's because you are no more under his protection so the next available spirit being will take over especially if you've sold your soul to him. You've closed your door against God, you've rejected Him and even sent Him out of your life. Now the one who doesn't own you eventually have you in his claws and he can't wait to make you go through all the consequences God revealed to you.

How can that be the fault of your creator who has shown you the path to follow? He told you to choose life but you're annoyed with him, calling him evil because He gave you conditions. And what's the condition, to love Him.

Why should that be an issue to you? Everywhere you find yourself, there are rules and principles to follow and if you are too big for those, I think you've found a position that fits that and that's where you are now. But it would be a pity, if in reality, you go by rules of the system of this world.

I myself can't force myself on one who rejects me so I still don't understand why you guys think you understand love and how it works than the one who created it. Can two work together except they agree?

can someone command you to love someone...?

How has he shown me the path, through ancient scroll that has nothing to do with my ancestry but the jews.
The scroll is filled with contradictions and was an instrument used to enslave my ancestors??
You expect me to take that without any further question?
Pls who's the real fool?? someone who swallows everything he was thought blindly and one who asked questions??

Why should you threaten someone with bad consequences if he does not love you back.

And I am no longer under his protection because I dont believe he exists?

How immature is your supposed god? Your god is a contradiction.

How is it a rejection that I question his existence, I can only reject what I know and believe...Then the best way he knows is to spring up to me on the last day and say "hey boy, got you..I am real, well your chance to believe I exist is over, you are now damned to hell"

Can you see the absurdity of your own very comments.?

What is the usefunless of your god if not to boast of his all powerfulness and then commands me to worship him for it....Do you rly know the definition of love

Conversing with a religious folk is like talking to a robot, they have been programmed in a dogmatic manner...

1 Like

Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
realmindz:

can someone command you to love someone...?

Why should you threaten someone with bad consequences if he does not love you back.

And I am no longer under his protection because I dont believe he exists?

How immature is your supposed god? Your god is a contradiction.

How is it a rejection that I question his existence, I can only reject what I know and believe...Then the best way he knows is to spring up to me on the last day and say "hey boy, got you..I am real, well your chance to believe I exist is over, you are now damned to hell"

Can you see the absurdity of your own very comments.?

What is the usefunless of your god if not to boast of his all powerfulness and then commands me to worship him for it....Do you rly know the definition of love

Conversing with a religious folk is like talking to a robot, they have been programmed in a dogmatic manner...

I wouldn't know the definition of love from your write up until you show it to me. And I'm not sure your definition goes beyond that of Jesus'.

If you can't show me love here, how would I know your definition? And don't forget I'm dogmatic because I'm a Christian.

Anyway, the one who doesn't want to reciprocate love but wants to enjoy it, I say goodnight o
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by realmindz: 8:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
bennyann:

You who have been under the care of Yahweh, how have you lived a better life than those not under his protection. ?
Many Yahweh worshippers die of cancer, plane crash, diseases, fire accidents, gun shots etc
Many worshippers die while worshipping
Many die of hunger and starvation
Many are uemployed and starving in poverty.
Good things and unfortunate things can happen to anyone irrespective of their beliefs...

lemme ask you, you will die someday and I'll die too. so do you think you will die a better death? Do you know how you gonna die??

Your Yahweh is useless
Re: Who Are You To Question God? by bennyann: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
realmindz:

You who have been under the care of Yahweh, how you have lived a better life than those not under his protection. ?
Many Yahweh worshippers die of cancer, plane crash, diseases, fire accidents, gun shots etc
Many worshippers die while worshipping
Many die of hunger and starvation
Many are uemployed and starving in poverty.
Good things and unfortunate things can happen tp anyone irrespective of your beliefs...

lemme ask you, you will die someday and I'll die too. so do you think you will die a better death? Do you know how you gonna die??

Your Yahweh is useless

First of all I'm not afraid of death. Anyhow it comes I don't care and as Christians we believe and know that death is not the end of life.

The way one dies is not as important as the afterlife. Abi you dey do death competition again?

God knows how to take care of His children. Those who love Him nd are going through tough times understand their journey. You don't love them more than God.

You can have a better life than me, I'm not bothered. Mine is to live for God, live a peaceful life and do the will of my father in heaven. Infact, enjoy everything you see in this world.

One thing I know for sure, is that anyone who stand for God and are never shaken, there is no one who will mock them and wouldn't be ashamed eventually. When you mock such people, they come out stronger and you would regret mocking them.

The Bible never said good things will happen to only believers. Infact it was even said in the Bible that the unbelievers enjoy more because the Lord is patient with them. As Christians, we are not afraid of tough times, it is part of our training so no need comparing. In this world, we do not compare our lives with unbelievers but with what the word of God says.

You've become too logical that you do not even know when you've started comparing and competing with different types of death.

You who know how to define love but can't seem to respect the God your friends worship even when you don't believe in Him. It's even possible your parents are believers in Christ and you are here insulting their God.

You're so logical that you saw not even a single good thing in the person of Jesus. You have issues, serious ones.

I do not think I would reply you here again if you do not respect my God, maybe on another thread then.

Once again, good night to you. One who is lazy to reciprocate love but yearns to enjoy the same love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bisola Johnson, Red Light District Girl Exposed – Tb Joshua / Jesus Is God. See / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.