Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,791 members, 7,802,500 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President (1353 Views)

PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Total E & P: We Would Have Had Reduced Cases If Others Were As Proactive As Wike / FG To Announce New Minimum Wage - NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President by suasmablow(m): 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
There was a mild drama at the secretariat of Rivers State Government as Rivers state Head of Service, Mr . Rufus Godwin acting on the order of the State Governor, Nyesom Wike barred the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Mr . Ayuba Wabba from entering the premises.
It was gathered that to prevent the proposed meeting between Comrade Ayuba Wabba and Rivers State Workers, private security men were sent to man the main gate to the secretariat.
This followed an earlier dismantling of the rostrum put in place for Wabba to address the workers in their secretariat by a group of persons led by the same state Head of Service.
The workers were said to have waited for the arrival of the NLC helmsman only to discover that he was not allowed to come in.
Having noticed that some of the workers desperately wanted to hear from him , Wabba exchanged pleasantries with them and beckoned on them to meet him at the state secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists on Moscow Road , close to the Rivers State Secretariat .
Narrating the incident, a worker at the secretariat complex said "When the Head of Service dismantled the rostrum already fixed for the NLC President to address the workers, it was then that we realised that there was fire on the mountain.
“ All the workers came out to see what was going to happen and when the NLC President finally came , the security man locked the gate and ran away. We have a lot of issues to address, but they don’ t want the man ( Wabba ) to meet us .
“ The government is the one playing politics with the people’ s welfare, but whatever happens , the NLC President must address the workers ; nobody will stop it. ”
Labour Unions in Rivers State have been at loggerheads with the State Government over unfriendly labour policies. But the State Governor refused to address their grievances. This has led to the factionalisation of Labour in the state.
Reacting to the incident, the State Governor, Nyesom Wike was quoted to have said "Civil servants are the problem of Rivers State...go to the State Secretariat by 8:30 in the morning, you will not see up to 40% of the civil servants. Go back by 3 o'clock, they would have all vanished. If they don't get alert at the end of the month, you will see them under the trees around the Secretariat saying, "we will go on strike". What kind of people are that?
They are not working...ghost names everywhere...in fact, I will do another biometric... I don't believe in the last biometric...that one is zero..."

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/07/drama-as-wike-unleashes-terror-on-nlc.html?m=1

Re: Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President by Danzakidakura(m): 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
stupid NLC we have never had it bad like this before but NLC keep silent because a northern Muslim is in power ,now they want to use him to cause problem for wike trust me wike will deal with him
Re: Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
grin

National Lying Congress
Re: Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President by obonujoker(m): 8:02pm On Jul 15, 2017
Foolish NLC.... carry ur nonsense out of rivers state or your heads will be broken....

Awon ode
Re: Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President by eyeview: 5:26am On Jul 16, 2017
NLC has since lost relevance. Its as if the apc govt has pocketted them. With half salaries and over 12 months of unpaid salaries, you would think they would lead a demonstration, but they will just meet the governor like Rochas, collect honourarum from behind and move on
Re: Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President by hardywaltz(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2017
Thank God this is happening to Rivers State civil servants who hated Amaechi with a passion.
I was there that day to renew my vehicle license.
It was a pathetic sight.
The whole place was stinking with stench of urine.
The Elevators weren't working
If u wanted to see someone on the 12th floor u had to climb throu the smelly staircase.

The place is not fit to house animals.

Most of the workers gathered in clusters and all I heard from them was "It was neva this bad during Amaechi's tenure"

Their salaries have been slashed so much its almost half of what they earned pre 2015. No allowances or promotion

Pensioners have not been paid in 14 months.

I was very very happy when I heard all these even though I was trapped in the secretariat complex for over an hour before the gates were opened.

1 Like

Re: Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President by DamiBukola: 10:51am On Jul 16, 2017
hardywaltz:
Thank God this is happening to Rivers State civil servants who hated Amaechi with a passion.
I was there that day to renew my vehicle license.
It was a pathetic sight.
The whole place was stinking with stench of urine.
The Elevators weren't working
If u wanted to see someone on the 12th floor u had to climb throu the smelly staircase.

The place is not fit to house animals.

Most of the workers gathered in clusters and all I heard from them was "It was neva this bad during Amaechi's tenure"

Their salaries have been slashed so much its almost half of what they earned pre 2015. No allowances or promotion

Pensioners have not been paid in 14 months.

I was very very happy when I heard all these even though I was trapped in the secretariat complex for over an hour before the gates were opened.
Amaechi's rat, tackle the issues raised by the Rivers State Government and let go of your stupidity.
Re: Drama As Wike Unleashes Terror On NLC President by hardywaltz(m): 11:00am On Jul 16, 2017
DamiBukola:
Amaechi's rat, tackle the issues raised by the Rivers State Government and let go of your stupidity.
So Civil Servants coming late to work and leaving early started this year?
If it were the FG that treated the NLC President in similar manner you will be the first to cry yourself to sleep here on Nairaland but since its Wike u will hail him.

(1) (Reply)

Promoting Secession On Nairaland..Freedom Is Free But Not FREE!!! / Omokri Reacts To #EndSARS Campaign / Staff Of Federal Housing Authority Workers Begin 3 Days Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.