Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,830 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! (8919 Views)

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / Nigerians Won’t Respect Bills From Saraki’s Senate. He should step down -Gbagi / Sahara Report Breaking News !!..buhari Volunteers To Step Down For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Enjoyment1(f): 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2010
Madam Dora, please start packing your bags, because Turai will definitely come after you.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by switch47(m): 7:22pm On Feb 04, 2010
ya'adua, good luck, fec, alfa sule, awo jigini, dora! dora! umoru!! umoru!!  no reply?  that is to say wan ti gan paaa!!

ya'adua, good luck, fec, alfa sule, awo jigini, dora! dora! umoru!! umoru!!  no reply?  that is to say wan ti gan paaa!!   help! help!! grin
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by phantom(m): 7:40pm On Feb 04, 2010
The first 'positive' from FEC and here we are spinning conspiracy theories, Sometimes i wonder if nigeria will change even if we have Godsent leaders, The followers are a mess!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by DeepSoul(f): 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2010
All those calling for Aunty Dora's resignation, if she eventually resigns, how does that help us move forward as a nation?

Will her resignation bring back our missing President?

What advantage will Nigeria gain over her resignation?

Please let's face issues squarely.

@Topic: Kudos. Better late than never. Whoever said "Better never than late" was probably high on liquor
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by vicishow(m): 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2010
That is exactly what we all want!
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2010
If all willing to stand up for the truth resigns what it simply means for us is

Should there eventually be a vote in the FEC it will only be dominated by those who are willing to stand the constitution on its head at all cost.

Those calling for Dora's resignation is a combination of those politically naive and those who want to continue the status quo to satisfy their personal sentiments.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ topic.* story story story. its either dora has access to info that we dont that yaradull is done power wise and she is simpiy pitching her tent with the next cabal a la goodluck-a-dull or else she has made up her mind to join el rufai and ribadu in ny and cant be bothered wit ya lot anymore, go out wit a bang! either way u have 2 b daft 2 rate her. a man who dines at the devils table cant be a saint no? no
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by monkeyleg: 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2010
Well said Mikeansy, The woman is more effective fighting from the inside, and or those cynics, what can anynoe do to please you people.

The woman has taken a very bold step, and I think we should commend her and support her. Even the so called Vp is not prepared to face up to the truth, he needs a powerful woman to tie his wrapper for him.

Please let us learn how to encourage people who do good
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by archbishop(m): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2010
Hello Nairalanders,

I don't TRUST this woman any more, she is a POLITICIAN.
She has a hidden agenda.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by BabaMutum1: 9:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
I beg to differ. Why will she not resign in protest. If she is as principled as she claims to be she should throw in the towel and some of us will begin to take her a bit more seriously. At NAFDAC she was a creation of the press and now she is just blowing hot grammaer that is all
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by monkeyleg: 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2010
@ Archbishop, really? and what would that hidden agenda be? why do we always treat anything good in Nigeria with such suspicion
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by monkeyleg: 9:42pm On Feb 04, 2010
OK, so she resigns, then what? you lose the few voices of reason in that cesspit (FEC), I really can not understand why she should resign
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Pedekunle(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
Baba '70 don talk am finish: I SORRY SORRY O, I SORRY FOR NIGERIA, I SORRY SORRY O,
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 04, 2010
monkeyleg:

OK, so she resigns, then what? you lose the few voices of reason in that cesspit (FEC), I really can not understand why she should resign

The leadership of any country can only be as good as the inhabitants of such country. That is the harsh truth.

Tell me why they are more interested in questioning the implication of what Dora said to her reputation than the fact that someone in the FEC has thought it necessary to deal with the situation. It tells you we are a nation of confused and misguided people and this is the simple reason we have misguided leadership.

If Dora resigns whoever was thinking of agreeing with her will simply shut their mouth and then the status quo will continue.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by BabaMutum1: 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2010
The honourable thing to do is to throw in the towel , or gele or any other thing she wants to throw in. She cannot claim to be what she alluding to now and she is still hobnobbing with them. I do not agree
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by dapachez: 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2010
dora dora dora who the hell does she think she is now a heroine? she is just a puppet been used by God knows who now,she is playing to the gallery. talking of corrupt women was she not the government's mouth organ in the ekiti state saga,pls nigerians lets wake up to the reality on ground our leaders are all corrupt and dont know their onions,cos if they did jonathan would have saved us from all this but is he up to it?
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by aloyemeka2: 11:26pm On Feb 04, 2010

woMan of the people
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by reindeer: 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2010
Playing to the gallery!
I lost it for her the day she decided to be the spokesperson of this corrupt admin.
she's suddenly waking up now eh?
she can tell it to the marines
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 04, 2010
Dora's image is of no use to this debate

Call it what you like but it will take someone to lead the FEC out of darkness.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by powerblaze(m): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2010
Well u guys need to realise that its alot easier to deal with drugs THAN with humans(Animals in this case!). No of u would have done any better.
Also, resigning now is like accepting defeat. Dora is a fighter. She never gives up.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chidexy(m): 12:35am On Feb 05, 2010
The only way to test if Jonathan is "in charge" and discharging the functions of the president, is for him to announce the sack of Aondoakaa with immediate effect so we see what their reaction would be - whether or not he would accept his authority and step down
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 05, 2010
chidexy:

The only way to test if Jonathan is "in charge" and discharging the functions of the president, is for him to announce the sack of Aondoakaa with immediate effect so we see what their reaction would be - whether or not he would accept his authority and step down

I have been making this same argument for one week. if they say Jonathan is in charge, let him immediately announce the sack of Aondoakaa and lets see how it plays out because the baboon has no business being the Attorney General and Justice Minister.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by mamagee3(f): 12:49am On Feb 05, 2010
Who hasn't asked Yaradua to step down? undecided
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chidexy(m): 12:55am On Feb 05, 2010
mama-gee:

Who hasn't asked Yaradua to step down? undecided

Aondoakaa and Tura'i
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by mamagee3(f): 12:56am On Feb 05, 2010
chidexy:

Aondoakaa and Tura'i

Please don't quote me for something senseless as this.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by chidexy(m): 1:03am On Feb 05, 2010
mama-gee:

Please don't quote me for something senseless as this.

didn't quote you. I only attempted answering your poser
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by aloyemeka2: 1:06am On Feb 05, 2010

"Dora, Dora, why hast thou forsaken me?"-- Yaradua

"Bi/tch, am gonna cut you"---Turai
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by marvix(m): 1:20am On Feb 05, 2010
Even Yaradua can't be disappointed because d FEC has given him enough time to get well and come back to the office. This kind of things happen to us too sometimes u wake up sick and can't go to work u can call and take permission witout any documentation, you will agree that u are happier with ur boss who allows u to rest and come back witout askin for ur letter takin sick leave or askin 4 a doctors report because u reported malaria talk more of a president. That is why afta Dora and most Ministers hav waited 4d man to come back and he can't then he should write officially informin them that he is ill, for Gods sake is dat a big deal.
Yes Dora has made a bold move by bellin d cat and for this I say welldone madam
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by detopshot(m): 1:36am On Feb 05, 2010
This movie is v interesting. i never knew FEC as being such good actors. LWKMD! mak una leave me abeg.
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by detopshot(m): 1:37am On Feb 05, 2010
Some of them wants 2be part of d 'new government' and as such, they are kinda lobbying 4it indirectly
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by ERE: 3:05am On Feb 05, 2010
Is there still a country called Nigeria on the map of the world?? Me, I have forgotten Nigeria as a country!! I see it as a collection of individuals struggling daily to survive + a collection of clowns at the helm of affairs, doing whatever they like for their personal benefit,

Guys do not waste your time arguing about Nigeria, its all about powerplay and money, I think Lagos should declare itself independent cos thats the only place I see some form of governance,

As for Dora, one may not understand the motives behind her actions, cos you never know with Nigerians, but on the face of it I commend her for her guts, most of our politicians are COWARDS!!, waiting for which side the coin will turn, so they can quickly align,

THE TRUTH, DO YOU THINK ANY OF THEM CARES ABOUT YARADUA(NOT EVEN AONDOAAKA THE CONFUSED LAWYER!!!), ITS ALL ABOUT " GHANA MUST GO'', God will help us,
Re: Dora Akunyuli Asks Yardua To Step Down! by agabaI23(m): 3:19am On Feb 05, 2010
Yar'Adua: Akunyili breaks ranks with cabinet • Tells President to hand over to Jonathan
By Ikechukwu Amaechi, Editor, Daily Independent

INFORMATION and Communications Minister, Dora Akunyili, on Wednesday took a rare step by a Minister by breaking ranks with her colleagues to demand that President Umaru Yar’Adua hands over to Vice President Goodluck Jonathan.

Heath Minister, Babatunde Oshotimehin (left); federal Attorney General and Justice Minister, Michael Aondoakaa; Agriculture and Water Resources Minister, Abba Ruma; and Head of Civil Service, Stephen Orosanye; at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting in Abuja , on Wednesday.
Photo : Tunde Olaniyi.

advertisement

Tempers boiled over at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting in Abuja as the united front which the cabinet hitherto presented on the non-compliance with Section 145 of the Constitution by Yar’Adua splintered.

A source said Akunyili has not resigned, but is thoroughly fed up with “the charade” and is “prepared for the worst.”

She has “cleared her conscience,” whatever happens, recounted the source, an aide who did not want to be named.

On January 27, the federal Attorney General and Justice Minister, Michael Aondoakaa, told Nigerians after a FEC meeting that the cabinet unanimously agreed that Yar’Adua is fit to continue in office, even with his poor health.

But Akunyili disagreed on Wednesday, to the chagrin of most other FEC members. She bared her mind in a memo which was neither accepted nor debated, but which, nevertheless, caused much uproar in the cabinet chambers.

Another source at the meeting said Akunyili – in the memo which was later withdrawn – asked her fellow Ministers to listen to Nigerians and respect the Constitution.

“We were all surprised at the memo. We did not anticipate it. But it was very frank,” the source narrated.

Akunyili was said to have pledged her loyalty to Yar’Adua and his government, but insisted that it is morally wrong for him to refuse handing over power to Jonathan 72 days after he took ill and was hospitalised in Saudi Arabia.

She reportedly thanked Yar’Adua for giving her and her colleagues the opportunity to serve the country, stressing that “Yar’Adua is very dear to me and indeed to all of us.”

She noted, however, the debate that has trailed his inability to comply with Section 145 of the Constitution and the sharp division of opinion nationwide.
Read the rest http://odili.net/news/source/2010/feb/4/499.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Legislative Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances By NASS / George Sekibo Urges FG To Develop Seaports In South-South / Court Stops FG From Unlawful Deduction Of $418million From States Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.