Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:31 AM

FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad (26888 Views)

Army Begins Local Production Of Tactical Vehicles / Aisha Buhari Reacts To Ban On Production Of Codeine Containing Syrups In Nigeria / China Threatens Nigeria’s Economy, Moves To Stop Production Of Petrol And Diesel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by SycophanticGoat: 6:28am On Jul 16, 2017
ChieduJoshua081:
I don tire to talk sef. I even tink say e go sound sweet 4 people ear. How we wan kon take better if we dy go use watin anoda pesin don make then leave our own make e dy wrotty? Then the USA go dy laff us say we no fit do without them. Na wa o. Na only God go fit save this Nigeria.

eflintsone:
sometimes i wonder if pple like u dont think before commenting or is it because of tribal hate ni i do not know , so u think producing a nigerian music/movie abroad will help the nigerian market ?? have you ever found akon,lil wayne or even south african artist come to nigeria to produce ?? na una be agent of backwardness i think , some set of pple are trying to better the country but pple like you will still find hate in ur head and heart .. i pity u

eflintsone:
use ur head ..how does producing ur home movie in america sounds ?? use ur heads pls

Your demonic president and his brainless cum clueless bunch of never do well ministers, think that a nation or sectors within a nation will progress when legislative forces are used on everything. The useless buharism that plunged Nigeria into recession and killed thousands of businesses, thereby resulting to loss of millions of jobs; is the same fascist buharism they want to introduce into the entertainment industry. Just watch as they will kill the industry within just 3 months.

You have a country with one of the poorest infrastructures, epileptic power supply, terrible roads that cars can't even ply freely without video cameras falling off the hands of the camera man due to pot holes. A country plagued with insecurities especially in some locations (Bornu, Kaduna, Benue, Enugu, Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Imo, Oyo, Rivers, Cross River, Anambra, etc,) but instead of the useless government to tackle these menaces and the brainless masses to hold them accountable, yet they leave such important issues and want to destroy the only industry that escaped recession.

By the way, to correct the notion that Hollywood don't make their movies in Africa, you mofos should even consider yourselves lucky to attract movies that require slums. Here are some Hollywood movies that have been shot in Lagos.

Wolverine - The Origin
Captain America - Civil War
Phat Girls
Tears of the Sun,
Sahara,
Etc.

You don't expect the entertainment industry to grow when you restrict it to a particular location thereby killing the dynamism required to make it grow. The best the useless and brainless lying fool called Lie Mohammed could have done is to encourage the musicians to do more of their music videos in Nigeria, just like most of our movies are done here; instead of coming out to talk trash about them stopping musicians from shooting videos abroad.

If there's any section of the country that needs to be restricted in order to grow our economy, it is the tourism, educational and health sector which actually take away trillions of our naira annually, due to politicians interests in patronizing foreign countries for these services. Your brainless and demonic president is the number one proponent of foreign medical leave and patronizer of foreign institutions. For crying out loud, your senile and brain dead idiot of a president has already spent over 70% of his 2017 on medical sabbatical in the UK with our presidential jet alone, generating over £300,000 (of our money) for the English government. I haven't even talked about accommodation, hospital and other bills which will amount to millions of pounds.

Ask your useless government and criminal political elites to first lead by example. Brainless leaders leading an even more brainless youths.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by matrixx(m): 6:29am On Jul 16, 2017
ChieduJoshua081:
com what is ur problem? Why did u say that? Dont u support it? eh? How many times has Drake come to Nigeria to do his music here? How many times has sam smith, Ed sheran, Adele, Beyonce left their country to come and do their business in Nigeria? Cant u see that some Nigerians are senseless?

If the facilities are there, other people will come. They should provide an enabling environment before saying thrash. Think outside the boxx.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Eluwilussit(m): 6:35am On Jul 16, 2017
FearGodinall:
Change bégins with me, why mot use thé president as an example.

U dey mind the idiots. They vacation overseas. Medical trips are all overseas. Wards' education all overseas. Now they want to tell private investors how to spend their money. Clueless govt. cry cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by texazzpete(m): 6:41am On Jul 16, 2017
First relocate Buhari to LUTH so we know you're serious.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by selfmadeboss: 6:42am On Jul 16, 2017
wtf. this country na proper winch. so simply because nigerian music and video don dey give bois money, now them wan spoil am. why dem no put eye then when tony tetula , daddy shokey and the rest dey beg them to help show biz. this is why i think they should release evans to kidnap a few more people

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by jonbellion(m): 6:43am On Jul 16, 2017
Blue3k:
Idiotic policy. Not every movie is produced in the country. Example part of Lord of the rings was made in new Zealand.

The sector will grow regardless. They are higher Nigerians to play parts.
well that's peter Jacksons country. But all the same tho some scenes would need to be shot outside the country. This government has zero sense
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by biobio111: 6:44am On Jul 16, 2017
they should stop sending their children abroad to obtain education, buhari should treat himself in Nigeria hospital and all our politicians should stop invest in abroad. Entertainment industry should not be their priority in fights against made in Nigeria.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by selfmadeboss: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2017
ChieduJoshua081:
com what is ur problem? Why did u say that? Dont u support it? eh? How many times has Drake come to Nigeria to do his music here? How many times has sam smith, Ed sheran, Adele, Beyonce left their country to come and do their business in Nigeria? Cant u see that some Nigerians are senseless?
you must be retardedd. if i deside to go and Bleep in afganistan and impregnate my wife there, wetin concern you.
na your papa money i use?

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by kenny987(f): 6:46am On Jul 16, 2017
eflintsone:
use ur head ..how does producing ur home movie in america sounds ?? use ur heads pls

It sounds like there is a major problem back home and that's why it's happening. It tells a story of poor infrastructure n facilities like power, advanced technology and associated high costs of production. It isn't just fun to burn money going abroad but there are underlying benefits. Check n make sure the government provides those basics or makes the environment friendly enough for such investments before lookin for Nigerians to blame.

Lai Mohammed that has made such statements, did u ask him how many tourists sites he has cleaned up and promoted enough to make Nigeria a forex destination through tourism? Security nko? Is d country not supposed to be safe enough to allow said tourists to come in and move around freely? Once d government does its job, the economy will naturally bounce back and grow.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by selfmadeboss: 6:50am On Jul 16, 2017
can the old smelling mouth idiot tell Igbos to stop selling drugs abroad and bring it to nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by oladoja1(m): 6:54am On Jul 16, 2017
Okoroawusa:
what is this one saying?
bro, u no supposed answer person like this, that's his opinion
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by kenny987(f): 6:55am On Jul 16, 2017
tballeyy:
BB nigeria was taken to S. Africa because of power failure, is that a country

Don't mind the dumbo. They want them to contribute to our economy by buying generator and diesel with the prize monies meant for the winner.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by persius555(m): 6:59am On Jul 16, 2017
This is what happens when you have leaders who lack vision and are not in tune with economic realities.

You fail in your own responsibility to provide the social amenities and infrasructure for a thriving sector, only to turn around to destroy or hamper others effort.

Another counter productive move by a minister who has no clue. The same way the VP claimed Npower is not owing participants their salary when thousands have laid complaints even on social media.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by kenny987(f): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2017
texazzpete:
First relocate Buhari to LUTH so we know you're serious.

No o! Gwagwalada Teaching Hospital or Unimaid teaching hospital o! Before they will say they gave him d last dose of poison in the south
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by SalamRushdie: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2017
eflintsone:

Its not govt call to tell a film maker or investor the location to shoot his movie..U use your head please ..This is the kind of poor thinking that has put our economy in a quagmire today ..Govt duty is to provide security , law and order plus infrastructure to create the right environment that would even attract film makers from other countries to use Nigeria as a location...Are you aware that recent Big brother was shot in south Africa because of the poor electricity supply in the country?

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Matam(f): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2017
Create the enabling environment and people will be encouraged to showcase the country to the world.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 16, 2017
ChieduJoshua081:
as Obama or trump come to Nigeria for treatment.. u can actually shoot ur film and video in any location that befits the dtoryline..US no dey do videos for Africa abi wat is Dis one saying
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by lexy2014: 7:11am On Jul 16, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Seems The useless Buhari govt is now set to destroy our entertainment industry like they have destroyed all other sectors
he is absolutely right. Nigeria has d capacity 2do what he is talking about. D only problem is that our president lives in London so I don't no d moral authority d minister has 2 say what he is saying
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Okoroawusa: 7:20am On Jul 16, 2017
oladoja1:
bro, u no supposed answer person like this, that's his opinion
opinion?...is everything in nigeria be abt tribe n religion

lets no allow what killed our fathers kill us.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Rick9(m): 7:28am On Jul 16, 2017
ChieduJoshua081:

Kanye West - Yeezus Album was produced in France.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Rick9(m): 7:30am On Jul 16, 2017
Government improve the country standard of living they refused, am not understanding.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Adesiji77: 7:34am On Jul 16, 2017
danidee10:

I don't know about music.

But a lot of Americans act their movies in 'good' African countries.

Captain America (Civil war)
Blended
Blood diamond (This one was even shot in Mozambique)

These are just few examples

Have you asked yourself why these guys never shoot their movies in Nigeria?

"Queen of Katwe" was shot in Uganda and South Africa...
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by barcaboi(m): 7:34am On Jul 16, 2017
obonujoker:
Lol.... this govt need to be kicked out in 2019
... they are very enormously clueless... haba!
so he makes no sense trying to elevate our country and let d world see us more?
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 16, 2017
Yes How many times have you seen other presidents come to Nigeria for medical treatments? FearGodinall I support you
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by hush15: 8:00am On Jul 16, 2017
FearGodinall:
Change bégins with me, why mot use thé president as an example.

The first perfect comment to read. The stupid president is in the UK, wasting millions of Naira monthly in British pounds in a foreign hospital alongside a permanently parked plane at the London airport. Eating British food and drinking British tea, and using British toilet anytime he needs to pee and poo.

Yet he is yet to lead with the "CHANGE STARTS WITH ME" campaign

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by gentleedu(m): 8:01am On Jul 16, 2017
ChieduJoshua081:
chai brain fall on you, how can you leave Range Rover and enter keke. do you know the technology they use over there for recording nd mixing? they re way advance than the low tech you would find in Nigeria..
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by bestpunterever: 8:04am On Jul 16, 2017
ChieduJoshua081:
how many time av u seen britain's prime minister to come and treat himself in nigeria?
But i think Bubu is in abroad.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by fuck2conquer(m): 8:07am On Jul 16, 2017
For the first time I agree that Lai is just clueless. The question is why would I shoot my video in South Africa instead of Nigeria? I watched P Square's interview one day and he said its actually cheaper to shoot in South Africa for these reasons. 1) To rent private jets, yatch, helicopter, posh cars, cameras and props is cheaper. 2) No harassment and settlement of area boys and touts. We read how some Yoruba actors/actresses were beaten up on set by these touts. I can go and on. In summary, govt should make Nigeria more investment friendly, adequate security with consistent policies and watch other countries come in to shoot movies here.
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Yakdbull: 8:09am On Jul 16, 2017
ONYEUTALI:
Ignorant Islamic fanatics. How many Islamic Nigerian Musicians/Actors are known in Nollywood and the Music Industry?
Why won't this Islamic Government of Buhari do away with Christian Artist. The motion to Islamitise Nigeria is here staring you in the Eyes and some ignorant fellows are still shouting 'One Nigeria'.
Disgusting zoo.
sad

Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Stormyharper(m): 8:09am On Jul 16, 2017
It's funny that FG want made in Nigeria stiff. The president is in UK receiving treatment for how many month now? Huh why is he not in luth or other hospital in Nigeria to get treated? Rihana went to Ireland to record one of her musical video other famous musician have been to other country as well. Those that wanted APC are happy now huh
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by Stormyharper(m): 8:13am On Jul 16, 2017
barcaboi:

so he makes no sense trying to elevate our country and let d world see us more?

My mates that are into p square here don't know where their video is shoot all they enjoy is their music
Re: FG To Stop Production Of Nigerian Movies, Music, Abroad by hush15: 8:14am On Jul 16, 2017
I think Lai Mohammed needs to think this through again.

It's always about people this, people that but what has the government itself tried doing? What are enabling environments put in place to encourage local productions of what ever?

Businesses are exiting the country fast and you are saying people should work locally? The taxes alone is ravaging, no steady power supply and the want to increase tariff, who does that?
Roads are in terrible shape despite the billions of allocation! Security is nothing to write home about, forex is high and the list goes on and on...

Even Big Brother, the Nigerian edition was broadcasted from SA! Why, because of Power. Just recently, foreign investors dumped Etisalat and whether it was their fault or not, the bottom line is the business condition was unfavourable.

So Mr Lie should go back and tell his counterparts to seat and deliver on their promises and stop disturbing the small peace people are enjoying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Stopped Us From Monitoring Rivers Elections — EU Observers / Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police / 2023: No Vacancy In Lagos Govt House, APC Leaders Tell Gbaja, Hamzat, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.