Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin (41451 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos / 10 Astonishing Facts You Never Knew About The Great Wall Of China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by banme1(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
that wall na their control tower. where they monitor flight control especially at night. specifically ment for witches and wizards

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Greenbullet(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2017
This thread is full of lies

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by SHAKABOOM: 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
Wow
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by AreaFada2: 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
Benin Empire Denial Centre (BEDC) people will soon descend on the thread. From their Base in SW. It is full time job for them. They will find one or two human errors to say it did not exist. They will tell those who grew up near the Benin moats and ramparts they never saw such. Because SW people are the omniscient and sophisticated people on earth. grin cheesy

They are so pained by Benin history prominence internationally that it gives them nightmare. grin cheesy

Cc: KingOvonramwen & Edonation.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Obi1kenobi(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
Any modern pictures?

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
AreaFada2:
Benin Empire Denial Centre people will soon descend on the thread. From their Base in SW. They will find one or two human errors to say it did not exist. They will tell those who grew up near the Benin moats and ramparts they they never saw such. grin cheesy

They are so pained by Benin history prominence internationally that it gives them nightmare. grin cheesy

Lol... Benin Empire kor... Benin was a mere Kingdom never an Empire

14 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by ritababe(f): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
aljharem:
OP I have you time today. Enough of all these lies

1. The picture you displayed is NEVER bini but Sungbo's Eredo which is located in Ijebuland aka Yoruba

http://originalpeople.org/sungbos-eredo-africas-largest-man-structure/

2. Benin KINGDOM NOT AN EMPIRE. Do you know what an empire is ? shocked

3. Benin kingdom wall IS NOT ONE OF THE LARGEST MAN-MADE WALL. STOP THE LIES.

In Nigeria alone we have larger man made structures than benin wall.

- Sungbo Eredo
- The Queen Amina Palace. Just to mention a few

4. The british never fought benin, they simply conqured it. It is on record that only the Igbos and Lagosian fought the british

I don tire sef. I no get energy wer I get before

Anyway keep deceiving yourself

you simply lack wisdom, or u didn't know Lagos was under benin before? which Lagos are u talking about?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Yhelay(m): 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
aljharem:

1. The picture you displayed is NEVER bini but Sungbo's Eredo which is located in Ijebuland aka Yoruba

- Sungbo Eredo

4. The british never fought benin, they simply conqured it. It is on record that only the Igbos and Lagosian fought the british

Thanks for the timely correction but u can do better by giving us this info as first hand rather than second next time... and Op, thanks as well for the post but pls for the sake of posterity, verify every info u give us

6 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by pacino26(m): 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
When I keep telling people that almost a thousand years of black history was wiped out and our language forced into extinction in other for us (descendants) of true kings and queens not to be able to read ancient scripts telling us who we are, some will call it conspiracy theory.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by HNO3Acid(m): 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
aljharem:

- Sungbo Eredo

Ijebus fought the British too

This is the Battle of Imagbon, read up.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/british-ijebu.htm

3 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by YoungDaNaval(m): 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
connectpoint:

Differentiate between Kingdom and Empire. I want to learn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by AreaFada2: 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
connectpoint:

And you know what contemporary people and travelling Europeans and writers then did not know.

Anyway, the opinion of BEDC does not matter. First go and convince BBC and others to change their documentary films based on historical evidence. Then change all other records too. Good luck. grin cheesy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by oluwasheun94(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
aljharem:

- Sungbo Eredo

4. The british never fought benin, they simply conqured it. damn....

4 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
AreaFada2:

And you know what contemporary people and travelling Europeans and writers then did not know.

Anyway, the opinion of BEDC does not matter. First go and convince BBC and others to change their documentary films based on historical evidence. Then change all other records too. Good luck. grin cheesy

hehehe
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Erhun10z: 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
Please, Where Do I Find Any Trace Of This Grate Wall ? I Have Lived In Benin For Years And I Can Only See Moat And Not Walls. Or Is The Moat The Wall ?

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
YoungDaNaval:
Differentiate between Kingdom and Empire. I want to learn

Sorry not in the mood to teach, that's why you have school
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Sagay212: 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
Benin people can lie...nor be only asha.wo dem sabi...

3 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 8:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
I know Oyo empire Sudanese empire and others but Benin.hahahahha.Benin compared to the Yoruba's and other great empires of Africa were not sophisticated.After all their first king and royal blood came from a Yoruba king loins.King Eweka 1.If NA lie Google it.

8 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
""" structure lengthwise and was hailed as the largest earthwork in the world.'""

Bros abeg is lying the thing I've been hearing that Yoruba n Bini/Edo people have in common
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
[[s]quote author=4FACEADELEKE post=58524881]I know Oyo empire Sudanese empire and others but Benin.hahahahha.Benin compared to the Yoruba's and other great empires of Africa were not sophisticated.After all their first king and royal blood came from a Yoruba king loins.King Eweka 1.If NA lie Google it.[/quote][/s]

You are just a waste of space!!
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by KingOvoramwen1(m): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
AreaFada2:
Benin Empire Denial Centre (BEDC) people will soon descend on the thread. From their Base in SW. It is full time job for them. They will find one or two human errors to say it did not exist. They will tell those who grew up near the Benin moats and ramparts they never saw such. Benin SW people are the omniscient and sophisticated people on earth. grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahaha BEDC I like that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by olumzzz(m): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
Sandydayziz, wen are we visiting dis wall?
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
aljharem:

- Sungbo Eredo

Lagos is called Eko(meaning war camp) in bini language. Bini people conquered Lagos, conquered lots of their neighbours n they might have been conquered or more likely worked hand in hand with the British.... cuz I know many bini princes studied abroad, courtesy of the British.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by AreaFada2: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
Yhelay:

Thanks for the timely correction but u can do better by giving us this info as first hand rather than second next time... and Op, thanks as well for the post but pls for the sake of posterity, verify every info u give us
Which correction? Go find out about Asoro who was a Benin warrior during that 1897 war. And chief Ologbosere, the traditional second in command of Benin Imperial Army. He fought guerrilla war with the British. For months after the official surrender of Benin army. Until he was betrayed. British soldiers were burning down villages to force locals to betray him out of fear.

Do not let him fool or intimidate you. Ibadan press began trying to dictate our history using early educational advantage.

Can't you see how SW people nearly get epileptic fits whenever Benin history is mentioned?
It was the plot to relegate non-Yoruboid people in Southern politics by Awolowo.

He even raised Olu of itsekiri to Olu of Warri. To the anger of Edoid Delta people like Urhobo, Isoko etc. Because Delta was called Warri province then. Implying Olu was king of that area/province as a whole. It was only resolved when it was changed to Delta Province.

We know the ethnic politics of SW.

We have trashed this topic for years here on Nairaland.
It has become the hottest debated topic whenever it comes on FP. grin

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
naija4jump:
there is the wall.

it was not an empire..

the towns were fighting each other.

so they build a wall to block others from attacking them.

benin has had history of obas for several years.. alot of the people you find in benin city are immigrate, not originally from the place.

All of us are immigrants.

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by EazyMoh(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
tdayof:
Great Wall of China is 8,000km+ and Benin is 16,000km. So it's not 4 times the length of great wall of China.
Am not even understanding from Lagos to Kano is 1000km, how long is perimeter of the whole southern Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by EdoNation(f): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
AreaFada2:
Benin Empire Denial Centre (BEDC) people will soon descend on the thread. From their Base in SW. It is full time job for them. They will find one or two human errors to say it did not exist. They will tell those who grew up near the Benin moats and ramparts they never saw such. Benin SW people are the omniscient and sophisticated people on earth. grin cheesy

Hahaha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by fatiaforreal: 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
tdayof:
Great Wall of China is 8,000km+ and Benin is 16,000km. So it's not 4 times the length of great wall of China.
That is the satellite picture of the wall, and the location is very obvious, very far from Benin. It's in Ijebuland, SW Nigeria.
Benin was a great empire, but this post is just one of the many lies from our Bini brother.

2 Likes

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2017
lemme kak here and learn history..
i love history

1 Like

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by seguno2: 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
ExpensiveG:
If no bcuz of dis our bad government, dat place for turn to tourist attraction.

Different countries for dey enter Naija to come see dey WALL......

*****Respect to all our FOREFATHERS wey follow build dat wall.... grin

e no easy to build dat kind wall now

After all your fine patriotic comment, why you come carry oyinbo picture put inside?
Confusion?
Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:
Depictive Imagery
wow shocked

Re: FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2017

these are mere lies from nowhere..the walls mentioned here was discovered at ijebu..
have a look at this recent discovery from this thread and you will understand archeologist who had worked tirelessly and published books to verify this claims..

https://www.nairaland.com/3687019/eredo-ijebu-worlds-largest-man-made

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Emir Sanusi's Library In His Palace / Photos From Ikwerre Bicycle Carnival, Rivers State / Saadatu Lamido Celebrates Her 19th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.