Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? (4310 Views)

The Historical Events Of Toyota RAV 4 / ₦6million Can-Am Spyder Roadster Spotted In Lagos (Photos) / Would You Buy This 1958 Porsche 550A Spyder For N1.9billion? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Meetleader: 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
So i'm planning on buying my next ride soon and I intend to use it for about 3yrs or so...

I am limiting my choices to Toyota Rav 4 2010 or Toyota camry 2010...

I wish to know the Pros and cons experienced by those who are already using same brand and model

I don't want to finish making purchase and later say "Had I known"

Advice, suggestions and live experiences on this two products highly solicited...
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by bravolad(m): 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meetleader:

So i'm planning on buying my next ride soon and I intend to use it for about 3yrs or so...

I wish to know the Pros and cons experienced by those who are already using same brand and model

Advice, suggestions and live experiences on this two products highly solicited...

This is an apple to orange comparison. They are world apart in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance, handling & drive experience.

To properly guide you, we need to know what you need in a vehicle including budget, topology of your location etc.

Camry is a full size family sedan while a RAV4 is a CUV.
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by princetom1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
bravolad:

This is an apple to orange comparison. They are world apart in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance, handling & drive experience.

To properly guide you, we need to know what you need in a vehicle including budget, topology of your location etc.

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Meetleader: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
Budget ain't a problem... once my mind is fixed on something... I'll work towards it... 3.5 @ the most though...

Topology... PH and it's env...

I might need to Cruise PH - Abj occasionally...and I'll like to dust all the cars on the road when I do...

Routine - drive to work... club... Beach.... weekend parties ... do small shakara... u know na... appear sweet on the road...

Fuel consumption should be reasonable...

Maintenance should be easy... don't wanna start changing gearbox....etc...

bravolad:

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by mayor2013: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
4 cylinders or 6 cylinders
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Meetleader: 3:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
mayor2013:

I know nothing about cylinders ooo...

Please advise me...
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by bravolad(m): 3:22pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meetleader:

Budget ain't a problem... once my mind is fixed on something... I'll work towards it... 3.5 @ the most though...

I might need to Cruise PH - Abj occasionally...and I'll like to dust all the cars on the road when I do...

Routine - drive to work... club... Beach.... weekend parties ... do small shakara... u know na... appear sweet on the road...

The Camry will give you a better drive experience & mpg. RAV4 has a better ground Clearance & can handle most terrain in PH but not a vehicle for speed.

It will be tough to get a Clean tittle 2010 Camry or RAV4 toks for your budget

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by bravolad(m): 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
mayor2013:

My guess is that he would go with a 4 cylinder whichever one he chooses.
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Meetleader: 3:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
bravolad:

My guess is that he would go with a 4 cylinder whichever one he chooses.

What's the difference between 4 & 6 cylinders...
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Meetleader: 4:20pm On Jul 16, 2017
bravolad:

The Camry will give you a better drive experience & mpg. RAV4 has a better ground Clearance & can handle most terrain in PH but not a vehicle for speed.

It will be tough to get a Clean tittle 2010 Camry or RAV4 toks for your budget

Thanks so much bravolad...

This has been very helpful...

Guess I'll have to step up my budget.. and settle for the camry spyder..

I think I'm attracted to the Rav 4 coz of it's boldness on the road...

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by erico2k2(m): 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meetleader:

SUV over saloon in Nigeria any day broo

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by erico2k2(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meetleader:

4 plugs against 6 plugs, one Engine is bigger so more fuel consumed

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by bravolad(m): 10:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meetleader:

With several obvious differences between a 4 cylinder & 6. A 4 cylinder (4 plugs) offers a slightly more fuel economy than a 6 cylinder (6 plugs & usually in a "V" shape). The V6 on the other hand, is more powerful with smooth & sleek acceleration albeit better stability on speed. It's a driver's ride when traveling. However, if your daily commute is within the city with constant traffic, your joy will give way to anger and pain resulting from constant visits to the petrol stations.

Spare parts for the V6 is also more expensive than its 4 cylinder counterpart. As far as resale value is concerned in Nigeria, the 4 cylinder has a better value than the 6 cylinder.

In all, maintenance is key to an extremely happy car ownership. Use recommended fluids and spare parts whilst patronising a competent technician & enjoy the benefits of car ownership.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Lexusgs430: 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meetleader:

If dusting is important, look towards V8 or W16 engines.....
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Meetleader: 10:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
bravolad:

In all, maintenance is key to an extremely happy car ownership. Use recommended fluids and spare parts whilst patronising a competent technician & enjoy the benefits of car ownership.

Many thanks...
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Meetleader: 11:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If dusting is important, look towards V8 or W16 engines.....

Lol... I'm not ready to fly sir...
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by princetom1(m): 11:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meetleader:

In reality, there is not much difference in fuel economy of those V6 and i4 engine used, Camry as example, V6 is rated as 19mp in the city while 28mpg on the highway, the i4 engine in d oda hang returns 22mpg in the city and 32 on d highway. As for me, i love the power and smoothness of a V6. U dig? Make 1 turtle no come pass me for road

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Lexusgs430: 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
Meetleader:

Haba.... I thought you wanted to dust all things on the road and in the air.......

2 Likes

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Lexusgs430: 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
princetom1:

In reality, there is not much difference in fuel economy of those V6 and i4 engine used, Camry as example, V6 is rated as 19mp in the city while 28mpg on the highway, the i4 engine in d oda hang returns 22mpg in the city and 32 on d highway. As for me, i love the power and smoothness of a V6. U dig? Make 1 turtle no come pass me for road

If the turtle or snail wan pass, no be to let am pass jeje?
It's not how fast, but how safe......

3 Likes

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by princetom1(m): 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If the turtle or snail wan pass, no be to let am pass jeje?
It's not how fast, but how safe......

Am not driving a made in Nigeria contraption o, it's a Toyota camry V6, i go drag am small.
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Lexusgs430: 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
princetom1:

Am not driving a made in Nigeria contraption o, it's a Toyota camry V6, i go drag am small.

So I carry my V8 and you carry your V6. You go still wan drag?
You go just dey pack ur piston for roadside......

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by princetom1(m): 6:52am On Jul 17, 2017
Lexusgs430:

So I carry my V8 and you carry your V6. You go still wan drag?
You go just dey pack ur piston for roadside......

What will u drive? A QX56/80 or Nissan Armada?
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Lexusgs430: 7:08am On Jul 17, 2017
princetom1:

What will u drive? A QX56/80 or Nissan Armada?

A Lexus GS 430. V8 & 4300 engine displacement..... Bring it on........

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Meetleader: 7:08am On Jul 17, 2017
princetom1:

Noted sir...
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by princetom1(m): 7:13am On Jul 17, 2017
Lexusgs430:

A Lexus GS 430. V8 & 4300 engine displacement..... Bring it on........

Wetin nau, pick a heavy machine.
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by bravolad(m): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2017
princetom1:

If you say in reality, then you are being economic with the truth. For the V6, you can't come close to the 19mpg factory specification if you commute within the city centres. Can you gladly share how many miles you get to a full tank? Especially considering the quality of fuel imported in Nigeria, state of roads, etc. Pls when stating your miles to empty, specify city & highway driving. I will also share mine with a 4 cylinder.

I will accept the negligible difference between a V6 and a 4 cylinder when traveling. However, this depends on your driving pattern. But if you want to compete with every vehicle you meet on the road, then your mpg will be terrible & not worth a mention.
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 17, 2017
Personally, I do not understand why anyone would buy a sedan in Nigeria with your atrocious road conditions.

Yah all just punishing those poor cars.

God of motorcar dey o sad

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 17, 2017
princetom1:

Very negligible difference in MPG as you state.

I would take the V6 any day but won't touch V8 in Nigeria.

Or maybe OP can get one of those elusive Smart cars on the other thread that gets over 50MPG grin

He'll lose all dignity though and must never talk in public again amongst men.
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Lexusgs430: 7:31am On Jul 17, 2017
princetom1:

Wetin nau, pick a heavy machine.

This is heavy enough for me. Or are you already running scared?
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Lexusgs430: 7:33am On Jul 17, 2017
bravolad:

If you say in reality, then you are being economic with the truth. For the V6, you can't come close to the 19mpg factory specification if you commute within the city centres. Can you gladly share how many miles you get to a full tank? Especially considering the quality of fuel imported in Nigeria, state of roads, etc. Pls when stating your miles to empty, specify city & highway driving. I will also share mine with a 4 cylinder.

I will accept the negligible difference between a V6 and a 4 cylinder when traveling. However, this depends on your driving pattern. But if you want to compete with every vehicle you meet on the road, then your mpg will be terrible & not worth a mention.

When dusting, fuel economy is not an option. Not unless the dusting would only consume oxygen.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Lexusgs430: 7:34am On Jul 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Very negligible difference in MPG as you state.

I would take the V6 any day but won't touch V8 in Nigeria.

Or maybe OP can get one of those elusive Smart cars on the other thread that gets over 50MPG grin

He'll lose all dignity though and must never talk in public again amongst men.

Would you touch a W16 in Nigeria?
Re: Please Which Is Preferable Between A Camry Spyder 2010 And A Rav 4 2010 ? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 17, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Would you touch a W16 in Nigeria?

Not as my primary ride for sure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When You Should Replace That Brake Rotor / Nigerian Driver's License / Checklist Of Fixing Flood Damaged Vehicles From Hurricane Sandy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.