Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. (2131 Views)

Party Agents Caught Paying For Votes In Anambra Elections(videos) / Winning Anambra Elections Will End Marginalization Of South-east - Oyegun / Willy Obiano Warns Nnamdi Kanu: Steer Clear Of Anambra Elections Or Risk Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by doctokwus: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
Following the latest embarrassment of Gov Obiano in Fagge during his electioneering campaign[url]www.nairaland.com/3923992/obianoobiano-chased-out-fagge-campaign,I am getting the feeling that the call for boycott of the election may have more support than the govt and public are willing to admit.
With further disruptions now likely,following the Fagge success & more youth orchestrated general disruptions of many election related activities in the state,which may start getting uglier as the November date approaches,I forsee a situation where INEC will be forced to admit it doesn't have the conducive environment to conduct the elections.
This will eventually create a very tricky scenario for INEC and the govt:
(1Use military might?That may create a legitimacy issue.
(2)Call IPOB led by Nnamdi Kanu to the negotiating table? But what would the govt be bringing to a table that wud have secession or at best referendum as the main menu?
The govt if it has strategists shud start planning because as much as many would hate to admit,Kanu and IPOB are becoming a potent force to be taken seriously before we all cross the Rubicon of a 'we were formerly residents of the no longer existent Nigeria '

4 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Skyfornia(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
Before nko?
Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by doctokwus: 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
Skyfornia:
Before nko?
It wud create a dilemma for everyone.
Governors with impending elections might use d template to force INEC to postpone or even cancel elections till further notice.
The general elections may also be affected.

2 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Ejanla07: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
forget it. no election in Anambra

15 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Warship: 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2017
doctokwus:

Governors with impending elections might use d template to force INEC to postpone or even cancel elections till further notice.

There will be no general election in 2019

Anambra boycotted election will give the Northerners the idea to replicate it on a national level against Osibanjo which will lead to disintegration

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Ejanla07: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
doctokwus:

u don't get it. Biafrans re not interested in naigeria election

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by dannytoe(m): 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
Trust Apc to hijack, this oportunity to their advantage

2 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by doctokwus: 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
Warship:

Anambra boycotted election will give the Northerners the idea to replicate it on a national level against Osibanjo which will lead to disintegration
That is exactly d kind of scenario I forsee a possible Anambra boycott success creating.

6 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Skyfornia(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
doctokwus:

Real chaos...and the question is 'What are the possible implications if there is no election?' A state of emergency would be declared or an interim govt will take over?

4 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Warship: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
doctokwus:

That is exactly d kind of scenario I forsee a possible Anambra boycott success creating.

It will benefit the Biafrans in getting their desire

Very soon, we will no longer be fellow countrymen

Hope Nairaland won't die with Nigeria.

Maybe Seun will transform it to Africanland.

5 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Warship: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
Skyfornia:

Real chaos...and the question is 'What are the possible implications if there is no election?' A state of emergency would be declared or an interim govt will take over?

Or the country will disintegrate
Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
Oga forget that story...

There will be ELECTION in Anambra state come November. Nobody has any right to STOP citizens from voting. The highest IPod yoots can do is to boycott it. The truth is, even if only 5 people come out to vote, the result will be deemed valid.

APDA is presenting candidate for Anambra election, I will be in Anambra state to CAMPAIGN for APDA candidate and also as an election monitor for my party (hope to meet some of my frenemies from Anambra)

BTW Most IPOD Yoots don't have voters card... Though we shall lobby them to vote as citizens of the state.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Warship: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga forget that story...

There will be ELECTION in Anambra state come November. Nobody has any right to STOP citizens from voting. The highest IPod yoots can do is to boycott it. The truth is, even if only 5 people come out to vote, the result will be deemed valid.

APDA is presenting candidate for Anambra election, I will be in Anambra state to CAMPAIGN for APDA candidate and also as an election monitor for my party.

BTW Most IPOD Yoots don't have voters card... Though we shall lobby them to vote as citizens of the state.

So you will force people to vote.?

Stop deceiving yourself

When Igbos rise up, they don't look back

Just ask about Aba women riot

This election will see deserted streets with people partying than voting

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
Warship:

Stop deceiving yourself

Get my point clear oga... Nobody will force anybody to vote or not to vote. Even if only 5 persons show up, the election shall be deemed VALID!!!

I'm not against any group boycotting but we all know that most IPOB yoots don't have voters card... Most don't even vote.

Do you know that MASSOB has been boycotting elections since 2003? Did that stop emergence of political leaders?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by omenka(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
Warship:

Stop deceiving yourself

No one is saying people will be forced to vote. What he is saying is that no one can force anyone NOT TO vote.

If you don't wanna vote, don't vote, but don't force others who deaire to vote not to vote. That is when you infringe on other people's right in exercising yours and that might have unpalatable consequences.

1 Like

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Warship: 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Get my point clear oga... Nobody will force anybody to vote or not to vote. Even if only 5 persons show up, the election shall be deemed VALID!!!

I'm not against any group boycotting but we all know that most IPOB yoots don't have voters card... Most don't even vote.

Do you know that MASSOB has been boycotting elections since 2003? Did that stop emergence of political leaders?

You think so

Only 5 people

Pls show me that on INEC electoral law

1 Like

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Warship: 6:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
omenka:
No one is saying people will be forced to vote. What he is saying is that no one can force anyone NOT TO vote.

If you don't wanna vote, don't vote, but don't force others who deaire to vote not to vote. That is when you infringe on other people's right in exercising yours and that might have unpalatable consequences.

When almost everyone sits at home, do you think INEC will proceed to announce the result

What percentage must participate in an election.?

Check the electoral law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by omenka(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
Warship:

When almost everyone sits at home, do you think INEC will proceed to announce the result

What percentage must participate in an election.?

Check the electoral law
Since you know the electoral law so well, how about you told us the percentage of electorates that need to participate for the poll to be valid?

1 Like

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
Warship:

You think so

Only 5 people

Pls show me that on INEC electoral law
Oga the CFRN and EA 2014 are very clear. Whoever score the highest vote cast wins the election as long as he meets other requirements (like min of 25% in 2/3 of LGAs in the state). Even if na 1 person vote, the result will stand.

2 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Kingsley1000(m): 6:56pm On Jul 16, 2017
NO MORE ELECTION IN IGBOLAND...WE MUST RESTRUCTURE THIS NATION OR GIVE US REFERENDUM..THE STATUS QUO MUST CHANGE

3 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Kingsley1000(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
THE WAY OBIANO WAS RIDICULED,WE ARE WAITING FOR APC

6 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by doctokwus: 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Oga forget that story...

APDA is presenting candidate for Anambra election, I will be in Anambra state to CAMPAIGN for APDA candidate and also as an election monitor for my party (hope to meet some of my frenemies from Anambra)

Just a few months or a yr ago,I felt Kanu was a jester and IPOB wud be decimated into extinction by federal might.
It's obviously not so again.
If we all continue pretending elections wud go on and not try and address d issues,the outcome maybe unpredictable.
Remember too that this particular mvt is being propelled by disgruntled,some jobless and therefore frustrated youths that feel they av been treated unjustly by d Nigerian state.

8 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
doctokwus:

Just a few months or a yr ago,I felt Kanu was a jester and IPOB wud be decimated into extinction by federal might.
If we all continue pretending elections wud go on and not try and address d issues,the outcome maybe unpredictable.
Remember too that this particular mvt is being propelled by disgruntled,some jobless and therefore frustrated youths that feel they av been treated unjustly by d Nigerian state.
Election will go on as scheduled. The worst IPOB can do is to sit at home/boycott it. They can't stop ANYONE from going out to vote.

BTW I agree that their agitation need to be given serious consideration but that doesn't have any relationship with election

1 Like

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by doctokwus: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
omenka:

I think otherwise.
I fear the Obiano success wud further embolden IPOB & there is d increasingly possibility as d elections approach,radical elements amongst them wud start creating fear and panic amongst d electorate with threats of dire consequences if they come out to vote that day.
So d issue is not whether 5 or 10 voters legitimizes d election,but rather if d atmosphere towards that time won't be so scary to force INEC into an initial postponement.
Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by omenka(m): 7:30pm On Jul 16, 2017
doctokwus:

I think otherwise.
I fear the Obiano success wud further embolden IPOB & there is d increasingly possibility as d elections approach,radical elements amongst them wud start creating fear and panic amongst d electorate with threats of dire consequences if they come out to vote that day.
So d issue is not whether 5 or 10 voters legitimizes d election,but rather if d atmosphere towards that time won't be so scary to force INEC into an initial postponement.
With or without the threats, people whose relatives, kinsmen, etc have "direct and personal" interests in the poll would still come out and vote. Where trouble makers would make a mistake is PHYSICALLY RESTRAINING anyone from exercising their franchise. That would have consequence.
Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by doctokwus: 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
omenka:
With or without the threats, people whose relatives, kinsmen, etc have "direct and personal" interests in the poll would still come out and vote. Where trouble makers would make a mistake is PHYSICALLY RESTRAINING anyone from exercising their franchise. That would have consequence.
Uhm.Still a fluid situation.No outcome is certain.
Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by CharlotteFlair: 8:02pm On Jul 16, 2017
Doctokwus, please whatever happens, don't write in the manner you just did again with all the annoying abbreviations like some lazy university student! You are an opinion leader here in your own right and must be at the forefront of campaign against this dangerous trend and style of writing. Please edit your main post. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by doctokwus: 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
Doctokwus, please whatever happens, don't write in the manner you just did again with all the annoying abbreviations like some lazy university student! You are an opinion leader here in your own right and must be at the forefront of campaign against this dangerous trend and style of writing. Please edit your main post. Thanks.
Rectified.Tanx for d observation.
Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by CharlotteFlair: 8:48pm On Jul 16, 2017
doctokwus:

Rectified.Tanx for d observation.
Tnx for not taking offense.
Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by Warship: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
doctokwus:

Good Morning

So you now understand that Biafrans are no jokers

Tonyebarcanista and Omenka will later see what you are seeing now.

Time always prove me right
Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by modik(m): 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2017
Legitimacy issue sets in if there is massive boycott, except democracy is no longer the game of the majority!

remember, 'Vox populi,vox Dei"

God bless NK
God bless lovers of freedom
God bless freedom fighters
God bless Land of the rising sun

2 Likes

Re: I forsee The Anambra Elections Being Postponed. by funlord(m): 9:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trouble As Nri Community Threatens To Sue Ipob Leader N. Kanu Over Alleged Taboo / Enough Of This Political Correctness, I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda / Buhari Writes Paul And Peter: The Unity Of P-square Is Non-negotiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.