Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (388757 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by chiboy429(m): 10:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Dremca:
I would have tagged someone as regards the highlighted part but I don't like looking for trouble smiley

Please @Dremca, do not fail to cite any resource that you consider helpful , we are here to learn and do not fail to air your own view on the topic.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:11am On Mar 17, 2022
Dremca:
I would have tagged someone as regards the highlighted part but I don't like looking for trouble smiley
You sef be winch grin
You like trouble! Lmao

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:17am On Mar 17, 2022
isyourboy:

Please how did you go about ending your lease without incurring the dollars for the remaining part of the lease period?
I incurred some costs but only what was necessary.
Choose an option that allowed me cover the cost until a new tenant was found. It was cheaper than paying for 2 months upfront.

If your rent is around $1200 monthly, just pay and break - the stress will be too much for the money you'll save.

In our case, a two month penalty was closer to $6,000.

If the home owner allows, You can
I. Sub lease the apartment, landlord still gets their rent monthly
II. Find a new tenant to complete your term
III. Find a new tenant to start a new lease after you leave (most times at a higher rent for the landlord)
IV. Negotiate your way out of it, ask to pay less.

Abandonment is not an option, you'll have collectors on your neck for the full sum + a penalty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:22am On Mar 17, 2022
chiboy429:

Many thanks for your reply MackyNaija. I deeply appreciate, your response didn't confuse me rather it gave me a better glimpse into the picture. However, could you still further list and buttress the available PR ways you mentioned .
Thank you so much

From simplest (non is easy) to .....
- Marriage, more straightforward
- Employer filing (opt to h1b to green card)
- Self-petition (national interest waiver)

One can also
- Apply for the Canadian PR
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:31am On Mar 17, 2022
...÷ I have opted for Msc.microbiology in Texas A&M university..

I wanna apply for thesis program due to the research and internship. I plan to stay back after my msc .

Is getting a job as a microbiologist very hard?

What's my chances of staying back after my msc.
Please reply

[quote]
Yes except you get a phd
Reading through this again and I just have to highlight:
Even within the sciences, some course wield more weight than others.

Opportunities abound more in Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering (minus Civil) and Math/Stat...

Just my experiences.

There is a little know path:
FAANG Program Manager or
Amaz0n Operations Manager
Both roles are 'easy' post MBA.

7 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by GdexFolami(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
MackyNaija:

If you are paying in full, it's simple!
No monthly payments and a permanent place to live! smiley
thank you,please will one be given residence permit?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by schopps: 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
illumined999333:
Just a random thought, I do think a MSc is enough. I for one would like to get married to an American after my MSc for an obvious reason, while working trying to make more money. I can't stomach the thought of doing 2 years in MSc, then another years for PhD. I view America as basically a corporation where everyone goes to take what they can from it before leaving earth. The quickest legal pathway that guarantees me success is what I'll do.
Me, You, same page ! ��

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Tyleet: 1:47am On Mar 21, 2022
MackyNaija:

Predstan and 1stGenAmerican were very close to what I'd answer.

Hi Mackynaija, I'm filling out the Mpower loan form and I wanted to make sure I put in the best possible information to better position myself for an approval, especially in those sections for Employment (Desired Career Post-Graduation), employment history annual income, and Financial Information (summary of financial plan). Would it be OK if I Pm'd you share the private information I filled in and maybe you can give me some guidance? Admission is already secured, na funding remain.

Thanks.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Aremu01(m): 11:00am On Mar 22, 2022
Oga mackynaija
I hail o
I got admitted to Msc engineering but I am considering changing to nursing since it gives me a better prospect of GC.
Is changing feasible since engineering and nursing are two distant professions.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by RENOWNED2(m): 7:46am On Apr 04, 2022
[quote author=MackyNaija post=111103261][/quote]

Oga macky, we wey read civil engineering for Nigeria, wetin we go come do? cry
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by korexes(f): 12:51am On Apr 06, 2022
I just went through the entire thread. Thank you @MackyNaija your story and progress has been truly inspiring. More wins.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babnxst93: 2:56am On Apr 08, 2022
Here is my plan, i made use of bank statement for my i -20 so that i things can be easy at least at the embassy but my plan is to get USA and make use of Mpower loan for my school fees and accommodation. so my question is

1) Can i update my I-20 immediately after i get VISA even before getting on the plane to the USA so i can use it for my accommodation and fee.

2) When is it advisable to use the Mpower loan as i already have my final approval letter.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Tyleet: 4:21am On Apr 08, 2022
Babnxst93:
Here is my plan, i made use of bank statement for my i -20 so that i things can be easy at least at the embassy but my plan is to get USA and make use of Mpower loan for my school fees and accommodation. so my question is

1) Can i update my I-20 immediately after i get VISA even before getting on the plane to the USA so i can use it for my accommodation and fee.

2) When is it advisable to use the Mpower loan as i already have my final approval letter.

Hello, I'm applying for mpower loan too. Can I pm you with questions pls?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babnxst93: 6:30am On Apr 08, 2022
Please i will like to know if there is another loan company that gives out loan to schools like austin peay state university because mpower and other loan site isnt listing them as part of the school they give loan to.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by smartkester(m): 5:17pm On May 11, 2022
Macky where are thou? We’ve missed you here

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by calculator123(m): 7:59pm On May 12, 2022
Predstan:

Yes you can easily get a fully funded PhD if you do well in your Masters.
No you don’t have to leave the US anytime as long as you are in status(either a job after MSc or a PhD program). You do not need to renew your visa while in the US except you travel out of the US
Pred. Howfar
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 5:54am On May 14, 2022
smartkester:
Macky where are thou? We’ve missed you here
I deh here na..
Anything for your boy? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by RENOWNED2(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2022
MackyNaija:

I deh here na..

Welcome back sir
cool
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Paccus: 3:48pm On May 14, 2022
MackyNaija:

I deh here na..
Welcome back grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2022
Paccus:

Welcome back grin
See Paccus, welcome to where? grin

Me wey deh plan officially shutdown this thread so people will stop waiting.
Busy with life and not always available for NL updating.

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Floki737: 5:24pm On May 14, 2022
cry cry
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Floda: 1:52pm On May 15, 2022
MackyNaija:

See Paccus, welcome to where? grin

Me wey deh plan officially shutdown this thread so people will stop waiting.
Busy with life and not always available for NL updating.

Ahh, MackyNaija, Please sir don’t go like that cry

Confession time:

Since I stumbled on this thread, you have served as my anonymous career mentor.
I’m currently utilizing this ASUU strike to learn Data Analytics skills mainly because you recommended that it will aide my career as an INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER ( Ps. I’m in my final year studying Mechatronics Engineering, almost similar to Mechanical Engineering you studied in your undergraduate, grin ).

I have also researched some schools that offer MEng in Canada ( my preferred country ) like Concordia university in Montreal and Ryerson university in Toronto ( MEng in these schools is for 2 years and equates to 3 years post graduate work permit in Canada ).

If Canada doesn’t work out then it’s definitely going to be Texa A&M University ( grin ) . I have lots of uncles and even a white woman I call mom in this state reason it’s easily my first choice to school in and also my dad’s most preferred japa location lol.

Sir what I’m saying is that I was basically able to gain directions about my engineering career and draw a feasible roadmap mainly because I came across you, your story and the guidance you rendered.

Yes I know life can move crazily and easily scatter my roadmap but I want to know that at least I got the best advice possible and tried my best to achieve the goals. I believe with God, guidance and a good plan backed with actions, everything is possible.

Sir, MackyNaija I would really love to still keep in touch with you via LinkedIn or Email and hopefully tell you my success story when I finally make it as an I.E ( smiley ).

I hope this meets you well, have an awesome week ahead Sir.

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:25pm On May 15, 2022
Floda:

...MackyNaija I would really love to still keep in touch with you...
With this kind statement, my wife go kill you throway grin

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:31pm On May 15, 2022
In roughly 60days, it'd be 5years since I arrived in the US and it has been an interesting and a rewarding ride... kiss

We'll gradually wind down as I barely come online to answer questions or write updates.

My pikin hold me for neck like bow tie, over-agility deh worry am so from sun up to sun down, she grabs any available time we have outside of work.

20 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Firefox01: 7:44pm On May 15, 2022
MackyNaija:
In roughly 60days, it'd be 5years since I arrived in the US and it has been an interesting and a rewarding ride... kiss

We'll gradually wind down as I barely come online to answer questions or write updates.

My pikin hold me for neck like bow tie, over-agility deh worry am so from sun up to sun down, she grabs any available time we have outside of work.
Welcome boss. Drop pictures abeg grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Paccus: 9:10pm On May 15, 2022
MackyNaija:

We go soon celebrate your citizenship Macky wink cheesy cheesy...
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Olumighty123(m): 10:14pm On May 15, 2022
Paccus:

We go soon celebrate your citizenship Macky wink cheesy cheesy...

Abi nah, make he do giveaway by then grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Floda: 12:00pm On May 16, 2022
MackyNaija:

With this kind statement, my wife go kill you throway grin

Sir she will understand oo grin grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Timiofak(m): 7:17pm On May 17, 2022
Timiofak:
Bros macky, I just finished my first semester over here. Most of your insights are very great and I used them. the basic thing is if you go to class and you do assignments you can have an A before finals. Anyways I had a 4.0 this semester and even won a grant as an exceptional student. I hope next semester is the same grin grin grin. Thank You.

Finished another semester oooo

4.0 again. We thank God unto the next.

23 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Koats14(m): 9:03pm On May 17, 2022
Timiofak:

Congrats bro. Keep it up with the consistency! We're all proud of you!

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Helkayklassic(m): 1:49am On May 18, 2022
Congratulations bro. Keep winning.

Timiofak:

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.