Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:47 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (386642 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Dremca(m): 1:54pm On Jul 28, 2018
I dey tell you, even go dey collect health supplement even if na vitamin c
KendrickAyomide:
i no Go Gree. i o Go they run steady checkups make mai money no waste
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by KendrickAyomide: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2018
Dremca:
No let Twoods jam you
that guy can foool e self. very rude fellow. like say Na e papa Get America

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by KendrickAyomide: 1:58pm On Jul 28, 2018
Dremca:
I dey tell you, even go dey collect health supplement even if na vitamin c
even Condoms
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by KendrickAyomide: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
MackyNaija:

I failed to mention jeans..
Several will be fine. $25-$40 for a Jean on most sites I checked.

If you know how to cook please bring egusi, you go cry if you see the price for USA. There is wheat here.

Dried and stock fish should have no bugs, if not na inside dustbin for airport e go end.

If you can't cook, use the next few days to learn - crash course in cooking. It will help your life or fastfood go drain your pocket.
wat happend to eating jvnk food or their Food i heard it's cheaper
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
i no Go Gree. i o Go they run steady checkups...

Dremca:
...even if na vitamin c

KendrickAyomide:
even Condoms

grin grin grin Una eyes never clear. grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2018
KendrickAyomide:
wat happend to eating jvnk food or their Food i heard it's cheaper
You'll get tired of it. Imagine eating from a Nigerian fast food twice daily for 3 months..
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by hammed71(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2018
mackynaija how lucrative is master's in healthcare administration after graduation. in terms of getting a job,h1b
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
hammed71:
mackynaija how lucrative is master's in healthcare administration after graduation. in terms of getting a job,h1b

Check the Bureau of Labour Statistics website and find your proposed course/job title there and see things for yourself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by KendrickAyomide: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
MackyNaija:

You'll get tired of it. Imagine eating from a Nigerian fast food twice daily for 3 months..
true talk
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Yanumo(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
Phone isn't allowed in the US embassy. Where can I keep my phone. I'm not going with a car.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Tunmise100(m): 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
Yanumo:
Phone isn't allowed in the US embassy. Where can I keep my phone. I'm not going with a car.

The best is to keep it at home. Thats what i did but if you have 1000 naira to dash hustlers at the gate then you can give them your phone to keep for you until after your interview.

ALL THE BEST IN YOUR INTERVIEW
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Yanumo(m): 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
Tunmise100:

The best is to keep it at home. Thats what i did but if you have 1000 naira to dash hustlers at the gate then you can give them your phone to keep for you until after your interview.

ALL THE BEST IN YOUR INTERVIEWER

Thanks. Appreciate! Can I pm you?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by paroh137(m): 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
MackyNaija:

Setting up oneself here costs about $1000, + or -$300.
Initial rent, furniture, utensils, cutlery, mattress and frame etc etc.

LMAO my brain combined that cutlery and mattress, and I read it as cutlass. I con dey wonder Wetin you wan use cutlass do.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:27am On Aug 06, 2018
paroh137:

LMAO my brain combined that cutlery and mattress, and I read it as cutlass. I con dey wonder Wetin you wan use cutlass do.
Na to use the cutlass dismantle all the lecturers wey wan kill person. grin

It's quiet here...
Nothing much happening. I'm enjoying the summer sun and playing my candy crush. cheesy

School starts in 2 weeks.

4 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Lhimeet(m): 10:33pm On Aug 07, 2018
Cyberhike
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:45am On Aug 08, 2018
Lhimeet:
Cyberhike
Meaning?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by cyberhike(m): 8:15am On Aug 08, 2018
MackyNaija:
Meaning?
boss.. the guy mentioned me to come read about how levels dey go for that way..

greetings
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:24am On Aug 08, 2018
cyberhike:

boss.. the guy mentioned me to come read about how levels dey go for that way..

greetings
Welcome Sir and happy reading..

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Lhimeet(m): 11:13am On Aug 08, 2018
MackyNaija:

Meaning?
No cause for alarm.. grin

I actually mentioned him to read your thread

That's someone's moniker.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2018
Macky what's up. You jo visit Okl this summer abi those big breastedddd Mexican babes don use your eye see something...lol

When your classes de resume for Fall session.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
orbis:
Macky what's up. You jo visit Okl this summer abi those big breastedddd Mexican babes don use your eye see something...lol

When your classes de resume for Fall session.
shocked You don spoil finish!
I deh o, nothing special happening...
Still playing my CandyCrush while counting down to the 20th of August for classes to start.

It is supposed to be easier this semester, I don do all the hardest courses wey fit kill person.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Vicktohcsula: 9:04am On Aug 14, 2018
Hello, please i need someone to explain to me.
If i get admitted into spring as an undergraduate, after classes for spring will i also receive for fall term?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
Vicktohcsula:
Hello, please i need someone to explain to me.
If i get admitted into spring as an undergraduate, after classes for spring will i also receive for fall term?
If it is at my school for the engineering masters program (which is what I am aware of - most undergrads I know did not get scholarships), you'll get some waiver for...
Fall, Spring and next Summer - if you resume in Summer,
Fall, Spring and Summer - if you resume in Fall, and
Spring and Summer - if you resume in Spring.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Olalekank(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
MackyNaija:

If it is at my school for the engineering masters program (which is what I am aware of - most undergrads I know did not get scholarships), you'll get some waiver for...
Fall, Spring and next Summer - if you resume in Summer,
Fall, Spring and Summer - if you resume in Fall, and
Spring and Summer - if you resume in Spring.
Boss
Abeg how well are PhD applicants funded?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2018
Olalekank:

Boss
Abeg how well are PhD applicants funded?
No much info on that but Environmental dept and Sustainable Energy Systems dept have funds.

I know so much more about the masters programs cos I have friends there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by cooltony: 5:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
Mackynaija...I’ve read your thread from page 1 to the last and it’s been sweet reliving all the experiences you documented (From Nigeria airport to settling down here). Your thread has been like a guide.I’ve been around here for a week now and trying to settle down. Please connect me with your friends in Oklahoma City if you don’t mind. I need to sort out how to get the state drivers license with my Nigerian license and other guide.
Thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 12:04am On Aug 19, 2018
cooltony:
Mackynaija...I’ve read your thread from page 1 to the last and it’s been sweet reliving all the experiences you documented (From Nigeria airport to settling down here). Your thread has been like a guide.I’ve been around here for a week now and trying to settle down. Please connect me with your friends in Oklahoma City if you don’t mind. I need to sort out how to get the state drivers license with my Nigerian license and other guide.
Thanks

Where you at?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 12:05am On Aug 19, 2018
MackyNaija:

shocked You don spoil finish!
I deh o, nothing special happening...
Still playing my CandyCrush while counting down to the 20th of August for classes to start.

It is supposed to be easier this semester, I don do all the hardest courses wey fit kill person.

Lol, old man like you still de play candy crush. I know say all na package sha make you take crush all those Latina babes....
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by cooltony: 12:10am On Aug 19, 2018
orbis:

Where you at?
Northwest
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 12:43am On Aug 19, 2018
cooltony:

University of Oklahoma Health Science Center
Cool..are you needing info on getting am OK license?

On a work day, take a drive to the licensing office close to the I240 and I35 interchange by the right and book a test. You will be tested on driving rules and other stuffs and then you will have to take a drive test with an instructor.
You will need your own car with proof of insurance, your naija license and SSN.
If you pass above 85%, you get a paper to go to a tag agency to make you a license. Total should be less than 80 bucks for every.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 12:59pm On Aug 19, 2018
orbis:

Cool..are you needing info on getting am OK license?

On a work day, take a drive to the licensing office close to the I240 and I35 interchange by the right and book a test. You will be tested on driving rules and other stuffs and then you will have to take a drive test with an instructor.
You will need your own car with proof of insurance, your naija license and SSN.
If you pass above 85%, you get a paper to go to a tag agency to make you a license. Total should be less than 80 bucks for every.
Finally, you made yourself useful! grin tongue

orbis:

Lol, old man like you still de play candy crush. I know say all na package sha make you take crush all those Latina babes....
Abeg, try introduce me to one la.. embarassed cry cry cry

More candy crush to pepper your system. tongue

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2018
[quote author=MackyNaija post=70417119]
Finally, you made yourself useful! grin tongue

Lol, see ya big head

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (109) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.