Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:55 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (386656 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TFLASHOGEE(m): 10:10am On Jan 31, 2019
mackynaija abeg no they make this thread dey sleep even pics they give us joy and hope here

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by LILCHIJICARTEL: 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2019
Abeg help us post more pictures
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 11:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
TFLASHOGEE:
mackynaija abeg no they make this thread dey sleep even pics they give us joy and hope here

LILCHIJICARTEL:

Rain fall today, area no nice.

I'll post pictures everyday for the next 5days. wink

6 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 04, 2019
MackyNaija:

We dey wait. God bless your hustle.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
@Macky I need your view on this.

Info on my program's website says that they offer assistantships on a competitive basis from admitted students, and no separate application is required.

Since I've been admitted, I want to reach out to the Grad Coordinator to indicate interest. Do you advise this, or should I patiently wait till I hear from them.

Thanks baba

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 8:15pm On Feb 04, 2019
Leone26:

Info on my program's website says that they offer assistantships on a competitive basis from admitted students, and no separate application is required.

Since I've been admitted, I want to reach out to the Grad Coordinator to indicate interest. Do you advise this, or should I patiently wait till I hear from them.

Thanks baba
Which School and which program?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by earnvest: 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2019
Dunno who might need this but you can use this resource to search for employers in your state that have filed for employees with your desired job title: https://www.myvisajobs.com/H1B-Visa/Search.aspx

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Ediku126: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2019
[quote author=earnvest post=75511868]Dunno who might need this but you can use this resource to search for employers in your state that have filed for employees with your desired job title: https://www.myvisajobs.com/H1B-Visa/Search.aspx[/quote

Thanks bro]

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Auditmonkey(f): 4:34am On Feb 14, 2019
I found this thread last night and I haven't stopped till I read everything.

I'm applying for fall 2019 too and 2 of 4 schools I applied to are in Texas.

I have completed my other applications but Texas A&M university - commerce is the one giving me headache now. I applied on the apply Texas portal, but I haven't been able to upload anything.

Has anybody applied there before, can you give me a few pointers?

I'm applying for accounting BTW

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 14, 2019
@Auditmonkey. I began my application to Texas State University via the applyTexas platform. Then 48 hours after paying the application fee, I received a link from the grad college where I uploaded my docs.

So I'll suggest you reach out to the grad college and enquire, because I didn't upload any file on applyTexas web. Good luck!
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:53pm On Feb 14, 2019
MackyNaija:

Abeg make Una no vex, I am so busy and stressed out. The only thing I think about these days are my assignments, they are chocking me. cry
I don tire for school, who wants to buy my position? Final semester, 4.0gpa - only $40k. cheesy

earnvest:
Dunno who might need this but you can use this resource to search for employers in your state that have filed for employees with your desired job title: https://www.myvisajobs.com/H1B-Visa/Search.aspx
After looking keenly into the h1b program, I realized a lot could go wrong with it.
Employers are distancing themselves from f1, opt and h1b. The hustle strong these days But I have almost sorted myself. wink

Got 1 fulltime offer, I need more! cool

32 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:56pm On Feb 14, 2019
Leone26:

Thanks baba
Competitive basis from what I understand is that they will rank the people that were admitted, check their purse and offer funds to those at the top of the list based on the money they have available.

Still, harassing them, sorry worrying them can make them give you something so you'll leave them alone.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by spankyflex(m): 9:06am On Feb 15, 2019
MackyNaija:

Abeg make Una no vex, I am so busy and stressed out. The only thing I think about these days are my assignments, they are chocking me. cry
I don tire for school, who wants to buy my position? Final semester, 4.0gpa - only $40k. cheesy

After looking keenly into the h1b program, I realized a lot could go wrong with it.
Employers are distancing themselves from f1, opt and h1b. The hustle strong these days But I have almost sorted myself. wink

congrats
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2019
MackyNaija:

Congratulations on the offer sir. Very well deserved. Hardwork pays.

That gpa is worth more than $40k cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2019
spankyflex:
congrats

TheZed:

Congratulations on the offer sir. Very well deserved. Hardwork pays.

That gpa is worth more than $40k cheesy
Thanks.

TheZed, I just need my school fees back. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TheZed(m): 10:44pm On Feb 15, 2019
MackyNaija:

Thanks.

TheZed, I just need my school fees back. cheesy
grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Davidkking(m): 8:59pm On Feb 16, 2019
MackyNaija:

You don forget your promise?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 3:34am On Mar 20, 2019
Macky how far. Abeg no forget to invite us for your grad make we come drink beer and chop the latino chicken wey you chop remain....
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by doziej84: 5:39am On Mar 26, 2019
MackyNaija:

Macky, do you reside in Texas?....I'd like to ask some questions

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Linsigne(m): 7:00pm On May 15, 2019
Nice thread mr macky though its bn a while you posted here, abi u dey do underground hustle for parli. God dey ooo. I dey fight my parents for house like this cos of this study abroad stuff i no wan study for naija at all this place they vex me

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 7:49pm On May 31, 2019
Linsigne:
Nice thread mr macky though its bn a while you posted here, abi u dey do underground hustle for parli. God dey ooo. I dey fight my parents for house like this cos of this study abroad stuff i no wan study for naija at all this place they vex me
lmao.... The quick advise I can give u is that if u know your parent are not financially okay and you wanna study abroad don't try U.K and USA their visa are like naira bet please don't waste your parent money on country that their visa is not 100 percent guaranteed

7 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 7:50pm On May 31, 2019
orbis:
Macky how far. Abeg no forget to invite us for your grad make we come drink beer and chop the latino chicken wey you chop remain....
grin will u come back after d grad
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by kroger: 8:51pm On May 31, 2019
LILCHIJICARTEL:

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by kroger: 8:52pm On May 31, 2019
MackyNaija:

Which state do u reside in ?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 8:53pm On May 31, 2019
kroger:

Which state do u reside in ?
read from page 1 He is in Texas.....
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 9:42pm On May 31, 2019
Spanishmilf:
lmao.... The quick advise I can give u is that if u know your parent are not financially okay and you wanna study abroad don't try U.K and USA their visa are like naira bet please don't waste your parent money on country that their visa is not 100 percent guaranteed

Seconded smiley
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 9:43pm On May 31, 2019
Spanishmilf:
grin will u come back after d grad

For where grin grin

Japa level, if you know, you know wink
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Predstan: 9:46pm On May 31, 2019
Hadampson:

Seconded smiley

U don reach here... from WhatsApp to Nairaland.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Hadampson(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2019
Predstan:

U don reach here... from WhatsApp to Nairaland.
grin

Lol.. My yansh no dey stay for one place
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:51am On Jun 04, 2019
Hadampson:

For where grin grin

Japa level, if you know, you know wink
Abeg wetin japa mean??

I am about buying a ticket..
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:53am On Jun 04, 2019
I don cast!
I abandoned the thread cos my life was almost being derailed by too much activities over here.

Make Una no vex, I don graduate now. Na to start work be next. smiley

30 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by battousaiX(m): 5:54am On Jun 04, 2019
Congrats man! All the best in your next quest.
MackyNaija:
I don cast!
I abandoned the thread cos my life was almost being derailed by too much activities over here.

Make Una no vex, I don graduate now. Na to start work be next. smiley

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (109) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: xxxXXXxxx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.