Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (389107 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Lamzee(m): 7:20am On Aug 11, 2017
MackyNaija:

Good WAEC and SAT results, then choosing the 'right' schools.
what if I have TOEFL instead of Sat

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Akin26: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2017
Morning house
Please is yellow card required for traveling to Yankee as a master student?

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lamzee:

what if I have TOEFL instead of Sat

They are two different exams, get more info online.

Akin26:
Morning house

I was given something to fill at MMA which I returned. I didn't bother myself about any card.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by olumig(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Akin26:
Morning house
No
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
I am outside today to visit my bank, the sun na fire... embarassed

Go ahead and compare.... 37°c in Kingsville, Texas and 27°c in Lagos, Nigeria.

Thank God for our 'magic school bus', has a route that goes round town for free provided one shows a student I.D

I present to you - The Blue&Gold Express cool

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Akin26: 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2017
MackyNaija:

They are two different exams, get more info online.

I was given something to fill at MMA which I returned. I didn't bother myself about any card.
Thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Akin26: 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2017
olumig:
No
Thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2017
Today was graduation day, see you all in 48hours...

The event could be summarized In 3 words...

Shift lemme faint!

31 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Akin26: 3:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
MackyNaija:
Today was graduation day, see you all in 48hours...

In 3 words...

Shift lemme faint!

All life. Gbogbo aye
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
So far, I have met about 10 new Nigerian students...

Heard there is a Ghanaian too.

From testimonies, they had no issues during visa interview and even lesser issues at POE..
I can safely say the school has a good reputation.

Currently heading to the movie cinema wink- Dunkirk has been pushed forward for way toooo long.
I know I'll love it, I am a sucker for good movies. smiley

21 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Akin26: 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
MackyNaija:
So far, I have met about 10 new Nigerian students...

Heard there is a Ghanaian too.

From testimonies, they had no issues during visa interview and even lesser issues at POE..
I can safely say the school has a good reputation.

Currently heading to the movie cinema wink- Dunkirk has been pushed forward for way toooo long.
I know I'll love it, I am a sucker for good movies. smiley

Enjoy brother

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
Akin26:

Enjoy brother

The enjoyment is over... smiley

Sorry I couldn't take several pictures.

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Solitin40: 7:32am On Aug 16, 2017
More pictures grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by kasynlives: 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
Would love running my masters deg. In your school

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:38pm On Aug 16, 2017
Today is International Graduate Students Orientation... smiley

8a.m to 3p.m

The Event has started, breakfast is first...
I don go chop sugar this early morning, this people no go kee person. sad

14 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
Solitin40:
More pictures grin
Today will be pictures galore. cheesy

kasynlives:
Would love running my masters deg. In your school

You are very welcome Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2017
Lined up for Check in

Now seated in the Ballroom for orientation.

16 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2017
It's been fun so far..

Friendly set of people we have here. smiley

Before I forget, dress code was mainly casual. There wasn't any given by the school..
Majority wore Jean trousers, sneakers or casual shoes and button down shirts (known as long and short sleeve in naija).

There were t-shirts too, lots of them.

Very few were on corporate wear, I saw 3 people tucked in.

9 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 16, 2017
MackyNaija:
It's been fun so far..

nice one.keep it coming brova. we go get many questions ask ooo. just keep hitting us with the necessary information for we intending students.... grin smiley
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2017
nelem:

nice one.keep it coming brova. we go get many questions ask ooo. just keep hitting us with the necessary information for we intending students.... grin smiley
No wahala, I deh here. wink

I can take questions anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2017
MackyNaija:

No wahala, I deh here. wink

I can take questions anytime.

okay bro.when you're done with today's session, please tell us the best time to apply as against fall 2018 for graduate studies in industrial engineering
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 5:48pm On Aug 16, 2017
nelem:

okay bro.when you're done with today's session, please tell us the best time to apply as against fall 2018 for graduate studies in industrial engineering

ASAP!
I applied early January, confirmed yesterday I was admitted and offered scholarship in 3rd week February.

Excellent admission profiles that were offered admission e.g someone I know applied in May and was admitted but didn't get scholarship for instate tuition payment.

6 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
It's break time now, make we go chop them fall!!! grin cheesy

I am glad today has been an unofficial no-bumshort day....
The ladies have made me proud! cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
OMG! Best pizza ever!!! cheesy smiley kiss kiss kiss

What's the sweetest meal you have eaten of recent?
This pizza sweet pass am! tongue All the different types tight!

I am now officially a pizza guy.... No be cabin biscuit person been deh chop for naija say na pizza.cheesy

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2017
Yankee sweet abeg...

Played and still playing several songs projected to a screen.

Ed Sheeran... Very popular song, can't recall the name.

Descapito remix by Louis Fonso, reigning song where I am.

Usher - without you.

Michael Jackson - make the world a better place. kiss

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2017
Now they have played a classic!

Black Eyed Peas - Where's the love.

A favorite. smiley

19 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by naninwa007: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2017
Guy abeg do u knw abt Texas A&M University Laredo i heard their tuition is more cheaper?

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2017
naninwa007:
Guy abeg do u knw abt Texas A&M University Laredo i heard their tuition is more cheaper?

Unfortunately, I do not.

You can get as much info as you might need from their site.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 7:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

Our lucky draw!

I won!!! cheesy grin

Abeg, better oil deh my head! cheesy kiss
About 10 wins outta like 200 and I was one.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Iamsheye(m): 8:04pm On Aug 16, 2017
MackyNaija:

Descapito remix by Louis Fonso, reigning song where I am.
Pasito pasito, suave suavecito
Mehn i love that song even though i dont understand spanish i still love it
BTW its Luis Fonsi

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by naninwa007: 8:39pm On Aug 16, 2017
MackyNaija:

Unfortunately, I do not.
You can get as much info as you might need from their site.
ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.