Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:44 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (386673 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Holocene(m): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by NiklauseFred(m): 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by NiklauseFred(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Phew! I don finally jam this thread cheesy
Make i kukuma follow the moving ship abi Na the moving bicycle �? smiley smiley

Oga macky well-done oo kiss

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by gracefoundmme(m): 11:37am On Dec 18, 2019
MackyNaija:
Yesterday was a blast!
Back to where it all started...

3 Nigerians bagged their Doctorate degrees. cool cool cool

1 Nigerian was the graduating Masters most distinguished student, more like a best graduating in the Masters category. cool

1 Nigerian was the best graduating undergraduate student. A Nigerian also won this award during this past Spring graduation. cool

Snuck in, met graduating class of Fall 2019, ate lots of jollof rice kiss and I am balling out a happy man!
The job offers of this set deh tear my head! shocked cheesy

We are Good People from a Great Nation! smiley

Congratulations Mackynaija

I've been a follower of your thread from Day 1 till now....

bro you are a big motivation to me.... this shows that with persistent diligence and hardwork and grace you can achieve any feat....

I just finished my NYSC.. Soon I'll be applying for my Masters and I'll want you to mentor me... like be my guide when am applying so as not to make any mistake or be ignorant....

please don't say no oooo

please if I can mail you I'll appreciate

Thanks and once again congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by SaintHilary(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
Oga MackyNaija

Abeg you fit help your boy with Accomodation link around Staten Island NY.
Na from $600 i get to spend..If i see $700 i no mind also

Abeg @ Drenimarcus nd Lionlee216

Kindly reply ASAP abeg
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Holocene(m): 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
Naija people are very funny. See as everyone at home de carry news that Trump has been removed from power. The big log in our eyes aka Gen Mohammed is still in power kicking people who criticize him to jail on a daily basis.
Trump will triumph in the Republican controlled Senate and dont be surprised if he win the election next year. This act will only gear up more sentiments for him by his base who are the Americans living in the suburban areas who constitute the majority of the population.

8 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Paccus: 3:25pm On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance Mackynaija

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Drenimarcus(m): 9:53pm On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas to everyone.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lionlee216(m): 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
Drenimarcus:
Merry Christmas to everyone.

Is this for back pain OR for "work" tonight? grin

Merry Christmas to you too.

Still awaiting your thread.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Drenimarcus(m): 3:02am On Dec 26, 2019
lionlee216:

Is this for back pain OR for "work" tonight? grin

Merry Christmas to you too.

Still awaiting your thread.

Na for back o cheesy wink cheesy. We don postpone the thread to next year grin grin grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lionlee216(m): 3:17am On Dec 26, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Na for back o cheesy wink cheesy. We don postpone the thread to next year grin grin grin

Wetin do ur back? tongue
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Auditmonkey(f): 4:53am On Dec 27, 2019
What do you guys think about someone joining the US army?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 10:41am On Dec 27, 2019
Auditmonkey:
What do you guys think about someone joining the US army?

Are you a green card holder or citizen?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by castrokins(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
Not All Nigerian Men, Biko. Some Nigerian Ladies Beg Me Even For The Least And Basic Thing As Call Card.

Babyvet:

Nigerian men like to beg too much.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2019
castrokins:
Not All Nigerian Men, Biko. Some Nigerian Ladies Beg Me Even For The Least And Basic Thing As Call Card.

Lol, I don’t do that , must be nigerian thing.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by castrokins(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
You May Not, But That Was Too Much Of A Generalisation. Enjoy Your Day!

Babyvet:

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Auditmonkey(f): 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
Babyvet:

Are you a green card holder or citizen?

Not me. My friend. She has a 2 year green card.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2019
Auditmonkey:

Not me. My friend. She has a 2 year green card.
2 years green card ke
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2019
Babyvet:

You dumb dumb
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 2:32pm On Dec 28, 2019
Babyvet:

You foolish foolish
i can't be surprised by your comment you bitter soul get a life
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Spanishmilf:

Look who is talking
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Mr100Dollars: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Bros i have drop my transcript there with one of my moniker, I failed the exam. We are thinking of K1, but i'm scared of the age difference, she will be 51 next year. She's 21 years older.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Auditmonkey(f): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2019
Spanishmilf:
2 years green card ke

Yeah. It's called a conditional green card.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:46pm On Dec 28, 2019
Na people wey don chop overfeeding deh fight this kind fights... Up there ^

I am happy, glad n grateful that I will make the United States my home and remain here on a permanent basis. smiley smiley smiley

11 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2019
In the last half of 2017 n first half of 2018, there was a thread where people argued one couldn't achieve permanent resident status in a short time...
The duration in convention then was 6 months.

It is not totally true.. Taking my case on student visa as an example -
I completed my change of status (became a PR) in May/June this year.

Application filing to actualization was around 6months +- 1month.

It might take some a lifetime, some 16years, some 6years and some 6months.

Person you know never get am in 12 years no mean say e no fit happen for you in 12 months.
I always advocate doing everything in a legitimate way so your mind no go deh shake at any point - have a clear conscience void of 'what ifs'.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Spanishmilf(m): 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2019
Mr100Dollars:
Bros i have drop my transcript there with one of my moniker, I failed the exam. We are thinking of K1, but i'm scared of the age difference, she will be 51 next year. She's 21 years older.
Exlover??
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Mr100Dollars: 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2019
Spanishmilf:
Exlover??
Correct
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by stonemasonn: 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2019
MackyNaija:
In the last half of 2017 n first half of 2018, there was a thread where people argued one couldn't achieve permanent resident status in a short time...
The duration in convention then was 6 months.

It is not totally true.. Taking my case on student visa as an example -
I completed my change of status (became a PR) in May/June this year.

Application filing to actualization was around 6months +- 1month.

It might take some a lifetime, some 16years, some 6years and some 6months.

Person you know never get am in 12 years no mean say e no fit happen for you in 12 months.
I always advocate doing everything in a legitimate way so your mind no go deh shake at any point - have a clear conscience void of 'what ifs'.

I sometimes wonder about the criteria, I think it's a lot easier when you're already in the country with a spouse(US citizen), Mine took 7years of waiting in Lagos, I even moved on with my life until I got a call from my relative, I would've planed my life better.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:12am On Dec 29, 2019
stonemasonn:
I sometimes wonder about the criteria, I think it's a lot easier when you're already in the country with a spouse(US citizen), Mine took 7years of waiting in Lagos, I even moved on with my life until I got a call from my relative, I would've planed my life better.
Everything is straight forward with boots on ground in the US.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Crispels(m): 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2019
MackyNaija:

Everything is straight forward with boots on ground in the US.

Bro, who sponsored your green card?

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2019
Crispels:

Bro, who sponsored your green card?
My wife.
Roughly 6months duration from filing of documents to receipt of residency card.

Could have been earlier, had to correct some application errors around the 4 month mark.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (109) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: xxxXXXxxx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.