Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable (2266 Views)

Killers Of Kolade Johnson Will Not Go Unpunished —buhari / 2019: Atiku Friends Endorsed Him Not We, Ohanaeze Says / Biafra:tension As Oduduwa Elites Back N.kanu Up Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by sonsomegrigbo: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2017
By Omeiza Ajayi

ABUJA – Less than 75 days to the October 1 “quit notice” issued by a coalition of northern youths to Igbo leaving in the region, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council has met with the northern coalition with a view to charting a common course for peaceful co-existence of various groups in all parts of the country.

The meeting which was held Saturday evening in Abuja lasted several hours.
Consequently, the northern coalition has said it has begun the process of reviewing its earlier demands asking the Igbo to quit, but said it would not back down on its petition to the United Nations asking it to intervene in the affairs of the nation.

While the northern coalition asked that the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu be punished for damage done to the psyche of some Nigerians, the Ohanaeze youths dissociated themselves from secessionist agitations, and asked Nigerians to consider such agitations as perhaps a cry to redress noticeable imbalance in the composition of the country.

Speaking with Newsmen shortly after the meeting in Abuja, Chairman of the Coalition of Northern Youths, Yerima Shettima, who commended the move, said the peace meeting between the two groups however led to the formation of a six-member committee which will facilitate another meeting in the South-east.

On the Kaduna declaration of the coalition, Shettima said; “Leaving Nnamdi Kanu to go unpunished is totally unacceptable to us because he has so far done much damage on our psyche and our nation. So, for us we think the best we can do is to internationalize this struggle. Behind the background of what we are doing today,

most likely in the event of anything falling short of what we agreed, of course we are already in the UN reporting this same character. That does not stop us discussing to arrive at a particular conclusion where we can have peace for the country.

“On our previous position, we have not officially withdrawn the quit notice given to the Igbos in the North but we said it few days ago that we will review our position and part of that steps is what we are taking now.”
While commending the Ohanaeze Youth Council for a fruitful discussion, Shettima said: “I thank God we are talking with a recognized body of entire youths organisation in the South-east called Ohanaeze Youth Council that is known everywhere.

It means that this is a welcome development and we are happy that they have actually sought to get our audience to discuss the way forward out of all these uprisings.

“We are glad to get some words coming out from the leadership of Ohanaeze Youth Council specifically on the area of seeking to see us to discuss issues; it means they realized that we are very angry and a lot of things has falling out of place as a result of their short coming in the sense that if they had called the young man to order from time past we wouldn’t have gone to this extreme.

“The second one is the assurance gotten from the president of the council. If I quote him very well, he said; ‘Nnamdi Kanu is just looking for self recognition’, and we became more relaxed and comfortable getting that from him and third one is him making efforts to bring MASSOB and IPOB together for us to go into round table discussion. I think it is a welcome development.”

Also speaking, National President Ohanaeze Youth Council, Mazi Okechukwu Isigusoro, thanked the northern coalition for a fruitful deliberation, adding that the council believes in one Nigeria.
“We want to specially thank the Coalition of Northern Groups for accepting to host us in Abuja.

Our talks have been very smooth beyond our expectations and we want to appreciate them knowing full well that we thought this talks would have ended in fiasco or taken a dangerous dimension but the way they have peacefully handled it shows that they are peaceful people.

We commend them for that and also believe that through this dialogue we believe in the future that there will be no boycott of these talks and if followed peacefully, we will bring an end to some of our problems in this county.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/quit-notice-arewa-youths-ohanaeze-ndigbo-parley-abuja/

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by omenka(m): 8:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
This is quite commendable from both parties. Peace is all I need. Me i just wanna enjoy my life and have my children enjoy their as well, and that, under an atmosphere of fear, hate and absolute uncertainty, seems like a tall order.

God bless and preserve my dear Country.

4 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Thewrath(m): 8:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
I see
Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by MediumStout(m): 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu must be killed by the federal government. He committed treason. Most of my igbo friends prefer one Nigeria. Biafra must not be allowed sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by hammerF: 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
Whilst ignoring the reetard above me, i want to establish that there will be no election in Anambra State. #NoElectionInAnambra

Oct 1st is fast approaching and we wait to see wat Arewa want to do.

As for the Ohaneze Youth, i dont see their relevance or significance.

IPOB Youth run things. Am Out!

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by smartty68(m): 9:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
MediumStout:
Nnamdi Kanu must be killed by the federal government. He committed treason. Most of my igbo friends prefer one Nigeria. Biafra must not be allowed sad
So the treason Nnamdi Kanu has committed is more than that of Buhari bah

Don't know why lots thinks you're comfortable in an atmosphere of uncertainty sad

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by etebefia: 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2017
So Arewa youths forum is now the new authority in the country? They decide what happens and Nobody dare touches them.
Rubbish country ruled by illiterates.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Stolen: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2017
Arewa gang of Ape, very violent sect. They got no brain. Let them learn work from IPOB. The type of power Nnamdi Kanu weild in the East, makes him an untouchable.

That is the gap left by decades of marginalisation and injustice. The people see Nnamdi a s a Saviour. Even Ohanaeze will tread very careful or be banished.

It take Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB to accord Ohanaeze abit of respect, that the Arewa youth have shown. Else, IPOB will punish the Arewa Youth, we sabi work. Arewa dey learn work for our hand.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by doublewisdom: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
Surely Kanu will be 'punished' after El' Rufai has been roasted to death and Buhari thrown off a cliff . After all, they made more inciting comments.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by dunkem21(m): 9:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
Has Nnamdi Kanu not been punished enough?
Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Stolen: 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
MediumStout:

U will die, Nnamdi will live. Dat is wat the bible said. As u want to kill him in his Igboland all the way from your Yoruba land, u will die. Not only dat but ur entire family will all perish.

Igbo friend u say, u Yorubas must be very heartless and wicked, how dare u say Igbo friend or igbo wife and in the same breathe condemn a law abiding innocent Igbo person to death becos he spoke against injustice and took a stand against marginalization. U will die. Ur friendship and marriage is parasitic. Die parasite.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Warship: 9:34pm On Jul 16, 2017
Arewa fighting a lost war

Kanu wins

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by kernel505: 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2017
MediumStout:

Your right starts and ends with you, don't interfere in our issues, face West.

7 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
Illiterates. Imagine their grammatical construction...

Almajiris school products.... Yan Iska kawai.....sheguuu..

5 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by newbornmacho(m): 9:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
Arewa committed themselves by threatening the Igbo with mop up. So to save face they are rushing to the UN to preempt a backlash in the event of investigations into genocide. Won't work. You will be held to account for any and all crimes against humanity. Holding meetings with jobless politicians won't save you .

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Danzakidakura(m): 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
MediumStout:
Nnamdi kanu is greater than all northern leaders from Uthman Danfodio to the runaway president

11 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Dreambeat: 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Useless bunch of illiterates calling themselves Arewa youths.Very soon we go put these people where dem belong,it's just a matter of time.

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Agumbankembu: 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2017
Arewa, Oct 1st loading, do your worst.
Make na onye gbaa Oso mma ya.
(Whoever runs, im mama).

3 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Jesusloveyou: 10:27pm On Jul 16, 2017
Supported.
KANU must pay for his ffuck-up
Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Jesusloveyou: 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
etebefia:
So Arewa youths forum is now the new authority in the country? They decide what happens and Nobody dare touches them.
Rubbish country ruled by illiterates.
so your thief kanu who is looking for recognition according to the president of ohaneze should have be the authority

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by ayzTIGER: 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
Arewa youths are burning because Nnamdi Kanu has failed to dignify them with a response. Come November they will be shocked again as Election day will be officially declared Nsala day

4 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Ojiofor: 11:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
NK has made Arewa youths insane,they are running from pillar to post crying and wailing for their darling dying Fulani Federal Republic of Nigeria empire.In Nnadi Kanu's voice' We must continue'The z00 must fall!

4 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Warship: 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
Ojiofor:
NK has made Arewa youths insane,they are running from pillar to post crying and wailing for their darling dying Fulani Federal Republic of Nigeria empire.In Nnadi Kanu's voice' We must continue'The z00 must fall!

Those Arewas are confused on what to do

God has set them up for total destruction

7 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by MediumStout(m): 3:17am On Jul 17, 2017
Stolen:

U will die , Nnamdi will live. Dat is wat the bible said. As u want to kill him in his Igboland all the way from your Yoruba land, u will die. Not only dat but ur entire family will all perish.

Igbo friend u say, u Yorubas must be very heartless and wicked, how dare u say Igbo friend or igbo wife and in the same breathe condemn a law abiding innocent Igbo person to death becos he spoke against injustice and took a stand against marginalization. U will die. Ur friendship and marriage is parasitic. Die parasite .

Mynd44
Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Enter0g(m): 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2017
MediumStout:
Olodo this una propaganda never do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r7eharlYHk.A must watch!

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by ChimaAdeoye: 10:47pm On Aug 03, 2017
Warship:

Those Arewas are confused on what to do

God has set them up for total destruction

Biafra is our country and our only hope to live as decent human beings free from oppression and we will have it no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Presidiotbuhari: 2:10am On Aug 04, 2017
BF

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Yyeske(m): 5:24am On Aug 04, 2017
hammerF:
Whilst ignoring the reetard above me, i want to establish that there will be no election in Anambra State. #NoElectionInAnambra

Oct 1st is fast approaching and we wait to see wat Arewa want to do.

As for the Ohaneze Youth, i dont see their relevance or significance.

IPOB Youth run things. Am Out!

For your church mind now, you feel say you don talk abi?
Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Yyeske(m): 5:27am On Aug 04, 2017
doublewisdom:
Surely Kanu will be 'punished' after El' Rufai has been roasted to death and Buhari thrown off a cliff . After all, they made more inciting comments.
El Rufai and Buhari are not headed for jail soon, only kanu is going to Kuje prison soon and there's nothing you can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by Enter0g(m): 6:52am On Aug 06, 2017
Any Igbo Corpose from the north i wont bury em. Anambra Rev Father A Must Watch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8RUZhgmtl0
Re: Arewa Youths Parley Ohanaeze, Says Leaving N. Kanu To Go Unpunished Unacceptable by eagleeye2: 6:56am On Aug 06, 2017
Treason in Nigeria, is when you speak the Truth and expose the evil in the leaders.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sun Newspaper Is A Shameless Lying Organization / Innoson Vs GTB: How Does A Private Commercial Matter Becomes EFCC Case? - Saraki / Abe Sets APC Secretariat On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.