Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria (16279 Views)

Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by dalaman: 2:42am On Jul 17, 2017
"Atheist dies - God has punished that evil man/woman,who can battle with the lord?

Christian or Muslim dies - God has a reason for everything.

Atheist goes broke or is poor- you can never have money if you don't believe in God (or pay tithes according to some churches ).

Christian or Muslim goes broke - I know God is only testing me, 2017, my year of financial breakthrough!

Athiest gets rich - he did blood money! Where else did he get the money from?
Christian or Muslim gets rich - God did it, small girl with big God!

Atheist does something good - He/she is only pretending, its was never from his heart. He/she did the good act only because he/she wants to be noticed.

Christian or Muslim does something good- That is what Christianity/Islam is all about. Christians /Muslims are good just by accepting the teachings of their God.

Atheist asks for sex on the first date - immoral, mannerless and vile pesin, na only Bleep im know!

Christian or Muslim ask for sex on the first date - it was the devil's handwork, he tempted me!

I'm traumatized.

The religious conditioning wouldn't allow those who ascribe to the religions take any responsibility for their actions. It is mostly ascribed to one nebulous entity who's done it!"

Copied from Facebook.

166 Likes 28 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by hopefulLandlord: 4:37am On Jul 17, 2017
cuts through the bullsheeet like hot knife through butter

I dedicate this FTC to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the one true God who created everything

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by lepasharon(f): 4:51am On Jul 17, 2017
Haha grin classic

Cc lalasticlala, mynd44, OAM4J

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Lordcenturion2(m): 5:50am On Jul 17, 2017
You nailed it Bro, I always wondered how we africans reason, religions has empty our brains,they always think that if you don't go to church or mosque you can not make it in life or archive anything or die overnight, some will say you are a living dead soul. I remember when my dad will ordered them not to give me a dinner if he heard that I didn't attend Islamic evening school (ile-kewu), while my mother will started raining abusive words on me if I show no sign of going to church on that particular Sunday,now am an independent guy, am not living with them anymore, they should continue with their gods. grin

For those of you that are quoting me,let me tell you something :

Am not an atheist and am not worshipping any gods, the GOD (universe) doesn't ask any human being to worship him but rather show love to each other and use our brain to help each other, our lives and destinies is in our own hands,use your brain to solve your problems and then entire world so that the world can be a better place to live... I don't follow the false doctrines that was written by illiterate homo erectus and remodified by Romans to suits their time,Romans are know for stealing culture and religion of those countries they colonised.

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by CAPSLOCKED: 8:07am On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Atheism is not a Nigerian thing.
We have not developed intellectually to accept that there is no higher being.

It's either you are a Christian, a Muslim or a traditionalist.
Not an atheist.

So if you are an atheist in Nigeria, you are simply confused.

BROTHER ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE FEELING FINE SO,?

DO YOU EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF ATHEISM?

OR HAD IT BEEN YOU WERE ALLOWED TO GROW UP FROM A TENDER AGE UP TO MATURITY WITHOUT INDOCTRINATION AND DECEIT.. WOULD YOU BELIEVE IN RELIGION AND OTHER SPIRITUAL CRAP? undecided

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by liftedhigh: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by NwaAmaikpe: 10:41am On Jul 17, 2017
shocked

Atheism is not a Nigerian thing.
We have not developed intellectually to accept that there is no higher being.

It's either you are a Christian, a Muslim or a traditionalist.
Not an atheist.

So if you are an atheist in Nigeria, you are simply confused.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by stonemind(f): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2017
May the Lord open

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by themonk(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2017
angry
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 17, 2017
True
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Sugarcious(m): 10:42am On Jul 17, 2017
Atheism is only a label for the lack of belief in any gods.
The primary argument for atheism is that theists haven't met their
burden of proof. There is no reliable evidence for any gods, so
many people are not convinced that they exist.
The primary argument against atheism is personal experience or
reliance on others' reports of experiences of gods. However,
humans have limited perceptions and are prone to illusions and
religious hallucinations, so personal experience and holy books are
not reliable sources of information about gods.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by eleojo23: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2017
If a strong atheist finally acknowledges that there is God, his fellow atheists will say "he was never an atheist!" and they will start throwing tantrums all over nairaland undecided

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by ITbomb(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2017
Problem is Nigerian Atheist always look pained

Other places, atheists are highly intelligent people that keep their religious views to themselves but very ready to help anyone that indicates interest in knowing more

22 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 10:43am On Jul 17, 2017
Sad but True, in fact you nailed it.
The painful thing about this is how illogical religious beliefs can be; while scientific laws are open to questioning, that of religion is not, its to be swallowed hook, line and sinker.

BTW, i am a Muslim.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2017
ok na
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 17, 2017
Shame no allow them show face. cheesy cheesy

They will avoid this thread like plague. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by roland2rule(m): 10:44am On Jul 17, 2017
This is one of the thing "religion" that frustrate me in this country embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by JackBizzle: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2017
Religion has destroyed the reasoning capacity of the average African.

If an accident happens, these religious people will say that "God spared" them. What of the others? God hates them?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by chynie: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2017
on point
But also
Pastor sleeps with member's wife- he is a fake pastor, Christianity is a religion of holiness
Alfa do suicide bombing - he is terrorist, Islam is religion of peace

If a religious person commits, the religion denies the person

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by felixomor: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 10:44am On Jul 17, 2017
Religion is the main reason the African continent is so backward.

Has anyone else noticed that we're the most religious but the least developed? undecided

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by GetHelpWorldwid: 10:44am On Jul 17, 2017
Space booked
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by wayaa007(m): 10:45am On Jul 17, 2017
Everyone has his or her rights to religion and beliefs.
if a man says I don't believe in A higher being, I'd love to sit down and understand where he's coming from, why he believes in it, he will definitely make a point or two worth pondering over.

There's a difference between a brainwashed believer and a real believer, a real believer knows reality, accepts reality and tries to use his beliefs to affect his reality.

A brainwashed believer doesn't accept reality, and uses the beliefs of another man (pastor, prophet, Imam...) to affect his own reality.

Religion is about our journey thru life itself, Christianity is about Jesus life, Islam, Mohammed's life, Sango, Orunmila and all.

An atheist journey thru life has made he or she believe whatever they believe, if his belief puts his mind at rest and makes him be at peace with himself, then I can say he has found his religion, because the ultimate goal of all religion is peace.

Do not judge anyone that doesn't believe in what you believe, instead, have meaningful, educational and informative discussions with them, it's only then we can expand in knowledge and in faith.

44 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Xbee007(m): 10:47am On Jul 17, 2017
Lordcenturion2:
You nailed it Bro, I always wondered how we africans reason, religions has empty our brains,they always think that if you don't go to church or mosque you can not make it in life or archive anything, some will say you are a living dead soul. I remember when my dad will ordered them not to give me a dinner if he heard that I didn't attend Islamic evening school (ile-kewu), while my mother will started raining abusive words on me if I show no sign of going to church on that particular Sunday,now am an independent guy, am not living with them anymore, they should continue with their gods. grin
Make peace with your parents, they are important in life whether you are an atheist or not.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by FTrebirth(m): 10:47am On Jul 17, 2017
i've discovered that atheists are scared of attacking muslims. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Onyesblog(m): 10:48am On Jul 17, 2017
The Gucci Costumer Hushpuppi took to his Snapchat page this afternoon to reveal that he has been hospitalized.

This was caused, according to him, by too much intake of alcohol and over enjoyment, hence everybody should be calm and not pity him.

See more of his posts below:-
No more champagne for me

The second say

Y all be the calm n don't pity me too much champagne cause this,Na enjoyment won kill me and no more sleep from too much hustle. I'm ok

http://onyesblog..com.ng/2017/07/hushpuppi-hospitalized-after-too-much.html?m=1
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by obinna58(m): 10:48am On Jul 17, 2017
Sp
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by eleojo23: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2017
FTrebirth:
i've discovered that atheists are scared of attacking muslims. grin

If you see viper wey dey sleep you go go wake am up? grin

5 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by dacovajnr: 10:49am On Jul 17, 2017
dalaman:
"Atheist dies - God has punished that evil man/woman,who can battle with the lord?

Christian or Muslim dies - God has a reason for everything.

Atheist goes broke or is poor- you can never have money if you don't believe in God (or pay tithes according to some churches ).

Christian or Muslim goes broke - I know God is only testing me, 2017, my year of financial breakthrough!

Athiest gets rich - he did blood money! Where else did he get the money from?
Christian or Muslim gets rich - God did it, small girl with big God!

Atheist does something good - He/she is only pretending, its was never from his heart. He/she did the good act only because he/she wants to be noticed.

Christian or Muslim does something good- That is what Christianity/Islam is all about. Christians /Muslims are good just by accepting the teachings of their God.

Atheist asks for sex on the first date - immoral, mannerless and vile pesin, na only Bleep im know!

Christian or Muslim ask for sex on the first date - it was the devil's handwork, he tempted me!

I'm traumatized.

The religious conditioning wouldn't allow those who ascribe to the religions take any responsibility for their actions. It is mostly ascribed to one nebulous entity who's done it!"

Copied from Facebook.

Na Seun single handedly pushed this to Fp..You don't have to be told that he'll soon turn up to challenge anybody who speaks against his beloved "Religion" grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 10:50am On Jul 17, 2017
Wrong
All those points are applicable only to Christianity but not Islam.
In Islam there two types of blessings;
one that God can give to anyone irrespective of their believes, and blessings exclusively reserved for those who believe.
All world blessings in terms of wealth, good health, knowledge power and whatever can be gifted to even the worst unbelievers.
The oxygen everyone breathes alone would be denied to nonbelievers if not for the infinite mercy of the creator.
However the blessing reserved for true believers who did righteous deeds and which is the most important blessing, is the reward they get in after life.
Every temporary blessing will end, and it's even very short and small.You can't live more than 200yeaes and even if you are Bill Gates when you die that's the end of that enjoyment.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by hensben(m): 10:51am On Jul 17, 2017
#hogwash.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N300K Church Money Turns To Paper In Jos / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Play Hip-hop Or Rock Songs Besides Gospel / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.