Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago (6892 Views)

10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by vague: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Biko please post pictures this whole writing writing writing and no pics game is no fun. make see NYC jare

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 2:06pm On Jul 27, 2017
vague:
Biko please post pictures this whole writing writing writing and no pics game is no fun. make see NYC jare

No vex, pishurs yapa!! Just be patient small.
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by vague: 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2017
wanderlustian:

No vex, pishurs yapa!! Just be patient small.
thank you
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Bandeco(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
Following..
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2017
Yaaaaaaaay.. Finally oooo mama yaff show ooo.. From Europe to Yankee.. Put little princess oo make we her..

Don't forget to snaps your legs as usually..

Make my wife like travel like you oo.. Cu's I love traveling
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Abbeybailey(m): 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2017
Pidgin2:

grin You are a clown

But seriously OP, the money you will use for this trip can be put to much better use, you can buy land, invest in something etc, you can even sow it into someone's education but rather than this, what you can see via internet ,you chose to burn millions on just for fun, smh
You are just as bad as people opined about you.Yours is not patriotism but fundamental lack of knowledge.

7 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Originalsly: 6:22pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hmmmm....welcome!....I thought you were coming to NYC!...Staten Island?...oh well...technically it is a borough of NYC... nick named "the forgotten borough"!...don't even ask me why! ..you really go for lowest price...at all cost! Smart traveller...leave Taxi and Uber for the movies and not the real world if you don't want to burn a hole in your pocket... real fast! Following.... let me know when you plan leaving the village S. I to visit ehmmm... the real NYC!...Brooklyn..Manhattan...Queens or the Bronx!
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Originalsly: 7:54pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hi.....Free Wi fi

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by SkinnyDude(m): 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2017
Who voked that evil spirit to this thread ??

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 12:58am On Jul 28, 2017
We were out all day. Just roaming around. I can bet we walked for over 4 hours.

Like Originalsly said Staten Island is called the forgotten borough. It is so serene, I'm glad its a place I brought my family to.

Yday on our way from the airport, hubby said he was mesmerized by the crowd at Penn Station. What cracked me up was when he said they all stood in front of a screen looking at nothing! grin

Anyways, here are some pictures as we headed to the city this morning

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 1:00am On Jul 28, 2017
More pictures while waiting for the ferry

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 1:11am On Jul 28, 2017
Finally the ferry opens. A ferry leaves every 30 mins.

Statue of Liberty can be seen in the far distance as we approach the city

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by chukxie(m): 1:57am On Jul 28, 2017
You sure know how to ball. Chai! I'm following this thread of yours bumper-to-bumper! Oh, btw, thanks for the mention. Have fun in Gods-own-Country! Twale!
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Originalsly: 3:34am On Jul 28, 2017
Hmmm....seen soooo many pics of Statue of Liberty.......even more of World Trade Centre.... and ehmmm....millions of Manhattan skyline.....but never ever seen them from these views!...great rare shots! Keep them coming...following!Glad you love the serenity of Staten Island..... I'm allergic to serenity!
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 28, 2017
Mahattan grin thats were they acted that movie ooo.. I wee go there on day
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 28, 2017
SkinnyDude:
Who voked that evil spirit to this thread ??

Name of evil Spirit Sir? grin
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 28, 2017
Wanderlustian you don travel again? cheesy
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2017
Here are photos of the accommodation I booked in Staten Island, I paid $152 for 3 nights. The host says he can provide more discount if we chose to stay longer. He had 4 more buildings on the same street.

So I tried booking hop on hop off tours online but I kept getting $79 for 2 days per person. So I refused to buy and decided to look for the tour salesmen on the street once you come out of Penn Station. Dude was a Benin guy who was excited to see us. Ended up buying the 2 days hop on hop off bus tour for $49 per person with a including the statue of liberty cruise and a free NYC museum. I saw somewhere on the ticket that breakfast is free from 10am to 11am at the Museum. grin

We make a early headstart tomorrow. Smithsydny, will definitely snap my feet. This time, I'm wearing sturdy trainers. The trekking is gangsta!

Please can anyone help with a solution? My phones refused to roam. US sim cards are not working. I keep looking for free WiFi, thanks Originalsly for the headsup.

I'm using Nokia torchlight and tecno W4.
What can I do?

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 28, 2017
wanderlustian:
Here are photos of the accommodation I booked in Staten Island, I paid $152 for 3 nights. The host says he can provide more discount if we chose to stay longer. He had 4 more buildings on the same street.

So I tried booking hop on hop off tours online but I kept getting $79 for 2 days per person. So I refused to buy and decided to look for the tour salesmen on the street once you come out of Penn Station. Dude was a Benin guy who was excited to see us. Ended up buying the 2 days hop on hop off bus tour for $49 per person with a including the statue of liberty cruise and a free NYC museum. I saw somewhere on the ticket that breakfast is free from 10am to 11am at the Museum. grin

We make a early headstart tomorrow. Smithsydny, will definitely snap my feet. This time, I'm wearing sturdy trainers. The trekking is gangsta!

Please can anyone help with a solution? My phones refused to roam. US sim cards are not working. I keep looking for free WiFi, thanks Originalsly for the headsup.

What can I do?
correct mama following
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by SkinnyDude(m): 10:35am On Jul 28, 2017
WellEndowed:

Name of evil Spirit Sir? grin
Pigeon.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by SkinnyDude(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2017
wanderlustian:

What can I do?
you mean W4 took this quality pics ?

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by Originalsly: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2017
Hi..when in the city..best close to one of the phone booths.... keep checking for LinkNYCfreewifi and connect. On bus tours..... better to buy one week /one month unlimited Metro card..... you can ride the bus or train all day all nite and that can take care of almost all your transport costs. Check email.
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by salford1: 8:45pm On Jul 28, 2017
SkinnyDude:
Pigeon. ,
grin
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by judeodion(m): 10:40pm On Jul 28, 2017
Pidgin2:

Same people will blame our leaders for doing same thing, we need to look in the mirror once in a while. Every day we see announcement on TV of people who need certain amounts to save their lives, people who will pray for your generation yet unborn if we lend a helping hand, but the rich will rather spend money growing other people's economies and taking pictures

It's not bad to visit other countries when we have a bonafide reason to, but just for fun? OP enjoy your sight seeing, squander the money jare grin
I get your point very well. I used to think like that too but I think you can do both. As in you can be blessed enough to both help the needy and also travel for vacation. Don't use the word 'fun' so much when referring to a retreat with your family. Traveling overseas clears your head and resets the mind. Travel for retreat or vacation with purpose. Visit historical buildings, read books, if possible write a book on your trip. It's no waste. Don't go with a 'snap picture's mindset.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by otokx(m): 11:10pm On Jul 28, 2017
Nice update, looks like US is a bit pricey compared to Europe.
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by SkinnyDude(m): 3:45am On Jul 29, 2017
WellEndowed:

Blame @Jiangchu for bringing her here grin

Do people still take her seriously though? She is here advising against vacation but has claimed to be on these same vacation.
She is so annoying and evil. There's one dude who was traveling down to Atlanta from new York . He opened a thread, updating us. This demon came and spoiled everything. Now the dude has stopped. Just on 2 pages. Mods should do us a favor and ban her for us
Vjustice
Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by MmmS(f): 6:54am On Jul 29, 2017
Where is the next stop? I love your threads
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 8:18am On Jul 29, 2017
Thanks people for the love and support.

Yesterday we went on the city tour, OMG! NYC is so crowded. Earlier, we forget our jackets in the airport, so we tried our luck in retrieving them, unfortunately... its gone for good.

We joined the tour bus at 5th Avenue Macys. Macy's claims to be the world's largest store. Then headed off in the direction of the empire state building. The traffic was not funny at all. Bumper to Fender.

So the bus went all the way down on Broadway, through Soho, New York University then we came off at ChinaTown. Another crowded area. It was like the whole world is visiting New York. Nothing of particular interest caught my fancy in ChinaTown so we got back on the bus and followed it to Battery Park for the Liberty Cruise.

This was actually the best part. The tour boat allowed us to view the city from the shoreline, in fact, this can only be told in pictures. I will try to upload the best ones and modify this post once done. There was so much to see and take in!

Im still phoneless and losing business! Note to anyone visiting the US, CHINA PHONES DO NOT WORK! Azzin, does not pick network of any kind!. We practically walked around looking for dual sim unlocked phone at least to get credit alert and OTP, it was such a chore! We still haven't found to buy.

I'm also feeling kind of blue. I had requested though a congresswoman for permission to tour the interior of White House while in Washington. I made the request rather late, as I later found out that I will need to request 3 months in advance to be considered and I dont have that kind of time in the US.

I took the rejection in good faith though, she tried to compensate me with VIP passes to the Holocaust Museum, I don't event know if I stil want to visit DC after this heartbreak. Maybe it's all good, probably the excitement would have been too much for my heart to bear and I may just swoon and faint on entering the White House Lol grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2017
SkinnyDude:
you mean W4 took this quality pics ?

Yes o! good old chinko Tecno all the way! One day I will grow up and buy DLR camera as suggested by one of the thread's followers cheesy wink
Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by wanderlustian(f): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2017
otokx:
Nice update, looks like US is a bit pricey compared to Europe.

I think some cities are unnecessarily expensive, like New York and Chicago. New Jersey is comparatively cheaper. And I'm sure some other states will be cheaper. But compared to Europe last year, I guess this trip has cost us a lot more.

NY is exactly like Lagos, everyone is trying to hustle you and milk you out because you are a tourist, if you don't shine your eyes well, they will success.

My bobo said he will give anything to have Eba and Egusi soup right now! grin grin grin LMAO! We've been hungry since the day we left Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cities Tour - NY, DC, Chicago by SkinnyDude(m): 9:23am On Jul 29, 2017
wanderlustian:

Yes o! good old chinko Tecno all the way! One day I will grow up and buy DLR camera as suggested by one of the thread's followers cheesy wink
That's good..
DLR camera fall on you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Hundreds Of Nigerians Are Relocating To Ghana / FAAN Releases Statement On Fire Incident, Assures Nigerians Of Safety / At Ikoyi Passport Office, Old Things Pass Away As Facility Leaves Applicants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.