Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know (7969 Views)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking / This Is The Difference Between Street, Avenue, Road You Probably Didn't Know / Amazing Words You Didn't Know Existed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
1.A human head remains conscious for about 20 seconds after being decapitated

3 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
2.A body decomposes 4 times faster in water than on land

4 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
3.Within 3 days of death, the enzymes from your digestive system begins to digest yourself

5 Likes

4.About 153,000 people die everyday

And double of that figures are being born everyday

4 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
5.when a person dies, his sense of hearing is the last to go

4 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
6.You can't die of 'old age', only disease brought on by it

5 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
7.Men who are hanged get a death erection known as 'rigor erectus'

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by GeeCee(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by GeeCee(m): 4:30pm On Jul 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
8.In some cases, bodies develop a corpse wax that can preserve the remains for years

2 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
9.Forensic scientists can tell how long since it has been since death by looking at the species of insect on the body

2 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
10.the skin around the finger nails and toe nails dries and contracts after death, making it looking as though they have grown

4 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
11.Dead bodies swell up like balloons after about four days due to the release of some gases and liquids

3 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
12.The Zoroastrian parsi community in India offer its dead to vultures rather than burying/burning them

2 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
14.The turritopsis dorhnii jellyfish is officially known the only immortal creature in the world, it lives forever.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by Harvest601(m): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2017
ok
Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by exynos(m): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
15.More than 7,000 people die annually due to doctor's bad hand writing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by Harvest601(m): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
ok continue
Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by ExpensiveG: 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
DEATH~

dey word wey I hate for dictionary be dis... it separate you from your love ones cry

*********walks out.........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by ShakurM(m): 5:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
ExpensiveG:
DEATH~

dey word wey I hate for dictionary be dis... it separate you from your love ones cry

*********walks out.........

Depends on the manner of death

5 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by farem: 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
exynos:
4.About 153,000 people die everyday

And double of that figures are being born everyday

The Biggest question is, after everything here (120 years at most), where are you going to spend eternity (uncountable trillions of years)?

Jesus still loves You!

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by Alexbrain(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
Discovering your talents and building up your skills with be a very productive way to tackle unemployment and become an entrepreneur.
Check out this free online book that will help you with that
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/657738
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/talent__the_bomb/12751#
Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by farem: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
exynos:
5.when a person dies, his sense of hearing is the last to go

He who has (just) an ear (you have two), let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches (Nairalanders)- Repent!

16 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by fortunekaura(m): 6:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
th inevitable
Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
As a child is use to think death was a person that comes and carry people on their shoulders to a new place. But I thought the people could come back if they wanted to.
Then a primary school mate died and was hurried and few days later when I discovered they dug the ground, placed him in and covered him as narrated by his brother, I went home and asked my mom if they would be able to hear him when he wakes up? And then my mom told me something that broke my heart and scared me. She said the boy was never gonna wake up ever again. And she lied to me that God will come to take Him from there to his house.
Then some years later still in my primary school a man died in my neighbourhood and people were crying, I asked one of my friends why they were crying when he has gone to see God, she told me that he's going to rot in the ground and will never come out again.
I ran into my house and hid myself under the bed for fear of being taken by death. That girl always knew how to scare the life of out me.
Death is an immortal transporter who doesn't ask for any wage. No one would understand untill they lose someone close them.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
m
Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by Agimor(m): 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
Op complete the list joor
Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by nigeriapolitics(f): 7:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
waiting
Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by hungryboy(m): 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
14) death doesn't give a damn whether you are young, a good guy, decent , when it wants to strike you
Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
I am so glad that I'm gonna die

some day. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
No 7 is so creepy.

1 Like

Re: 15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know by lepasharon(f): 8:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
farem:

The Biggest question is, after everything here (120 years at most), where are you going to spend eternity (uncountable trillions of years)?

Jesus still loves You!

FVCK OFF!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

JAMB 2018 Registration Starts Today (22 November, 2017) / FUTO Shutdown As Non-academic Staff Begin Strike / All About Bermuda Triangle And Its Top 7 Theories.(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.